Summoning Japan: Flights of t...

By KageNishi

That day, iron and blood rained down on the Folk Strait... This is a fanfiction of Minorou-sensei's "Summonin... More

Part 1: Strait of Iron and Blood | Chapter 1
Chapter 2 - Pearl Harbor in Another World
Chapter 3 - Border Sea
Chapter 4 - A Spinning World
Chapter 5 - Operation Saiyuki In Effect
Chapter 6 - Pearl Harbor Interception
Chapter 7 - Glory and Setbacks of the Gra Valkas Empire Naval Air Force
Chapter 8 - Common Sense and Uncommon Sense
Chapter 9 - Grade Atlastar Ablaze
Chapter 10 - A Fleet of Patchworks
Chapter 11 - The Injured Overlord and the Watchdogs
Chapter 12 - A Man's Flowery Road
Chapter 13 - Hybrid Front
Chapter 14 - The Hyūga Gets Hit
Chapter 15 - All Weapons Free
Chapter 16 - Strait of Iron and Blood
Final Chapter - Japanese Celgaia
Extra Chapter - ASM-2X Development Secrets
Part 2: Civilization in the Wake of War | Chapter 1
Chapter 2 - The Dolphins That Crossed the Sea
Chapter 3 - The Birth of Yamut
Chapter 4 - Aluminum Storm
Chapter 5 - Dancing Meetings and People
Chapter 6 - Naguano's Adventure
Chapter 7 - The Depressing Party
Chapter 8 - Creeping Ones
Chapter 9 - Each of the Four Is Different
Chapter 10 - Second Battle of the Folk Strait
Chapter 11 - Geopolitical Recommendations
Chapter 13 - Japan's Confession
Chapter 14 - Dragon Carrier Izumo
Chapter 15 - Leiforia, Nightmare Again
Chapter 16 - Fall of Valkyries
Chapter 17 - 1:48
Chapter 18 - Shaking Bridge
Chapter 19 - The Witching Hour
Chapter 20 - Operation Super Hammer II
Chapter 21 - Eve of the Storm
Chapter 22 - Ancient Weapon Pal Chimera's Fierce Might
Chapter 23 - Footsteps of Ruin
Chapter 24 - Air Raid on Ragna
Chapter 25 - The Enemy Overhead
Final Chapter - Political Turn
Part 3: Irnetia Crisis | Chapter 1
Chapter 2 - Operation Ragnarök
Chapter 3 - Misplaced Buttons
Chapter 4 - Shadow of the Pal Chimera
Chapter 5 - Battle of Irnetia
Chapter 6 - The Blue Rainbow of Death
Chapter 7 - Titan of the Dawn
Chapter 8 - Red Coast
Chapter 9 - Hymax
Chapter 10 - Out of Competition
Chapter 11 - The Lone Wolf Captain
Chapter 12 - The Lone Wolf and the Wolfpack
Chapter 13 - Excessive Interference
Chapter 14 - Magic Bulge
Chapter 15 - Stuck in Hell
Chapter 16 - Hell with a Chance of Silver Lining
Chapter 17 - Fire, Smoke, and Magic Bullets
Extra Chapter - The Secret Behind the Magic Bulge's Creation

Chapter 12 - The Superpower's Pride

357 17 2
By KageNishi

Asada requested the relaxation of the Technology Leakage Prevention Act to the central government, but was told, "It's still too early, wait." However, he managed to secure permission to disclose the fact that Japan had sunk numerous submarines. Before the meeting with Mirishial diplomats, Asada pulled an all-nighter to edit visuals for the presentation.

. . .

On the day of the appointment, Asada visited the Mirishial Ministry of Foreign Affairs and was received by Fearm. Although she was an intellectual who had previously visited Japan as a delegate, she was a somewhat troublesome woman. After exchanging greetings, Asada broached the matter.

"Have you had any negotiations with the Gra Valkas Empire recently?"

"...I cannot answer that question."

"I knew you would."

She didn't deny it; they were indeed in negotiations. Asada was convinced.

"I have something to show you today."

Asada took out a tablet from his bag. Fearm, who had experienced embarrassment with a calculator before, eyed it warily.

"Until recently, unidentified submarines were rampant in the Third Civilization Area."

What Asada showed was footage of submarines.

"This is a Cetus-class submarine from the Gra Valkas Navy's Eastern Fleet, the Kaffaljidhma. It was captured by the Maritime Self-Defense Force."

Fearm's eyes widened.

"You succeeded in capturing it!?"

"We discovered it violating our territorial waters, conducted an attack, and forced it to surface."

Fearm blinked her eyes in amazement.

"Since the same type of boat had repeatedly attacked our fleets, we sank them. Prioritizing the safety of our fleets over capture," Asada added an excuse at the end. "The number of submarines captured or sunk by us has reached 25 in the past two months."

"...How did you manage to sink them? It's impossible for our navy."

"We also own submarines. Naturally, we know their weaknesses."

Fearm struggled with conflicting thoughts. She wanted to know those weaknesses, and if possible, secure a deal over weapons capable of attacking submarines. However, she thought it was impossible for her to bow down to them. Asada played another video. It showed an escort ship sinking a Cetus-class submarine.

"Is this the same underwater projectile as the Gra Valkas Empire?"

"Underwater projectile? Oh, you mean torpedoes. It's not exactly the same, but the principles are similar."

Fearm swallowed the words: "Please sell them to us."

"Our country has received an order for the repair and modification of Mu's battleship La Kasami from Mu. We plan to equip La Kasami with torpedoes as well."

The sense of urgency within Fearm intensified. If what Asada said was true, the Holy Mirishial Empire would lag behind not only Japan but also Mu.

"Thanks to the efforts of our Self-Defense Forces, peace has been restored to the seas of the Third Civilization Area. However—"

Asada deliberately paused for a moment.

"The repercussions seem to have reached your country."

Fearm was a typical Mirishial diplomat—pompous, yet not incompetent.

"I apologize. Please excuse me for a moment."

. . .

When Fearm returned, Liage was with her.

"This is Liage, who serves as the General Supervisor of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs."

Quite a high-ranking man, or rather, an elf has emerged. Asada thought to himself.

"I am Asada from the State of Japan. It's an honor to meet you."

"I've heard from Fearm about it. Could I also see the footage of those submarines?"

"Of course."

Asada replayed the footage to show Liage who watched intently as well. After the playback ended, Liage asked a question.

"Is this all you have on submarines?"

"There's more. Would you like to see all of it?"

"Yes, please."

Liage watched all of the footage.

. . .

After Liage finished watching the footage, he hesitated a bit before broaching a request to Asada.

"There's someone who wants to see this footage. Could you let us have it?"

"I can't give it away, but—"

As Asada spoke, Fearm looked surprised. It seemed like they were accustomed to a diplomatic protocol where receiving gifts was a common practice.

"—I can lend it to you for a few days."

This time, Fearm seemed satisfied. She likely realized that Asada was seeking another appointment for further negotiations.

"I'll adjust the specific date later. Is that acceptable for you to borrow it?"

"Please do."

Asada explained the basic operation methods.

. . .

Liage immediately showed the tablet footage to her superior, Minister of Foreign Affairs Peclas.

"Is this footage authentic?"

"I've only shown it to you, sir, so I can't confirm its authenticity."

Peclas promptly contacted Schmirpao, the Minister of Military Affairs, and Arneus, the Director of the Intelligence Bureau. Neither of them could authenticate the footage. Although Arneus had summoned Rydorka, who had seen Japanese vehicles in the Kingdom of Topa, he also could not determine if it was authentic.

Peclas then called upon a Grand Mage known for his expertise in magical engineering from the Runepolis Magic Academy. However, even he couldn't confirm whether the submarines were genuine. Instead, he showed interest in the tablet and requested to dismantle it for investigation. Peclas rejected this suggestion, considering the tablet was borrowed, and dismantling it could lead to a diplomatic issue. Faced with the impossibility of authentication, the group decided to report to the Emperor.

After watching the footage, Mirishial VIII asked a confirming question.

"You have not confirmed the authenticity of this footage."

"Yes, Your Majesty," Liage answered on Peclas' behalf.

Mirishial VIII contemplated the situation.

"Submarines are unknown to our country. It's understandable that their authenticity cannot be confirmed. However, we cannot remain ignorant."

The Emperor then ordered Peclas.

"Immediately propose Japan to accept the dispatch of a military observer."

"Military observer, Your Majesty?" Peclas asked with a puzzled expression.

"Yes. Verify what Japan claims. If they have captured Gra Valkas Empire submarines, there should be physical evidence. They would have also captured the crew."

The group expressed admiration, thinking, 'As expected of His Majesty.' Seeing their reactions, Mirishial VIII felt disappointed, thinking, 'You lot can't even come up with something like this?'

. . .

The day after the diplomatic talks, Liage visited the Japanese Embassy. Asada was surprised at the response's speed and responded.

"Thank you for accommodating my unexpected visit."

"No, it's only natural."

After exchanging pleasantries, they got to the main topic.

"In fact, we would like to send military observers to your country."

"Military observers? Although we are in a state of conflict with the Gra Valkas Empire, there is currently no active fighting taking place."

"We would like them to observe the Gra Valkas Empire submarines that your country claims to have captured."

Asada feigned admiration. "I see, a cautious and wise proposal. Let me inquire with our home government."

Asada contacted the Ministry of Foreign Affairs headquarters via satellite communication. The official response came after 30 minutes.

"We've received a response from the homeland. They are prepared to accept the military observers."

"Thank you very much."

"The submarine we captured is still in Japan, though. It will take some time to reach there via the floating ship of the heavens."

Liage realized this only after being told.

"That is indeed the case."

"If your country wishes, Japan is willing to provide a government plane. That way, the journey could be completed in half a day."

Liage's eyes widened. Despite being the top-ranked nation in the hierarchy, the Holy Mirishial Empire had never received such exceptional treatment.

"Are you saying you will specially dispatch a government plane?"

"In fact, we will soon be sending a dedicated aircraft to the Kingdom of Emor to welcome their diplomatic delegation. If you're willing to accompany the Emorish delegation, we can arrange for you to join the same flight."

Liage found this reasonable. While it was a bit annoying to share a flight with representatives from another country, if it was with the powerful Emor, there was little room for complaint. It could even be seen as an opportunity.

"I don't see any issues, but let me return to the ministry and discuss it further."

"We look forward to a positive response."

. . .

When Liage returned to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, an unexpected person had arrived.

"General Supervisor, Ambassador Mouge from Mu is here."

"Mouge?"

Liage recalled. Mouge was a recent addition to the Muish diplomatic corps, a former ambassador to Parpaldia.

"I don't have an appointment with him."

"It's an unscheduled visit. He apologizes for the inconvenience and wishes to meet and talk."

Considering her busy schedule, Liage thought about declining, but it wasn't easy to casually dismiss the ambassador from the second-ranking major power.

"Fifteen minutes. We'll meet for just fifteen minutes."

. . .

After exchanging greetings, Mouge quickly got to the point.

"I understand from Ambassador Kayama of Japan that there might be an opportunity to board Japan's government plane."

Liage felt a sense of discomfort inwardly, not from Mouge, but from Kayama. Leaking information that wasn't even confirmed yet to another country was a breach of etiquette.

"It's not officially decided yet."

"I see," Mouge responded with disappointment but quickly regained composure. "If there is such an opportunity, could our Minister of Foreign Affairs also accompany us?"

"What!?"

Liage realized. Japan and Mu had been colluding from the beginning. The diplomatic representatives of the four major powers would be passengers on the same flight, essentially convening a meeting of the major powers.

"I cannot give an immediate answer at my discretion. I will contact you later, so please withdraw for now."

. . .

Liage reported the situation to Mirishial VIII.

"The Japanese are making quite an unexpected move."

"Your Majesty, how shall we proceed?"

"What are your thoughts?"

"Indeed, it is irritating, but considering the submarine matter, willingly accepting Japan's invitation might be a strategic move."

Mirishial VIII nodded.

"That is acceptable. I entrust it to you."

"As you wish."

. . .

Unfortunately, the Xenosgram Airport in Runepolis was experiencing rain and strong crosswinds. If it were the floating ship of the heavens, they might have abandoned takeoff and landing, closing the airport. However, Japan's government plane descended with a rumble, amazing the airport staff with its size.

"Is this for real?" they wondered while preparing the stairs. The stairs perfectly matched the height of the boarding gate when placed.

The door opened, and several people disembarked.

"I am Colonel Yamashiro of the Air Self-Defense Force. I'll be taking care of you on the way to Japan," one of the men greeted Liage and the others. Upon their nod, he continued. "Now, let me guide you inside."

Liage and the others followed Yamashiro and boarded the government aircraft.

Inside, they found Japan's Minister of Foreign Affairs and diplomat Moriaul from Emor who were waiting.

"It's been a while. General Supervisor Liage and Minister Mykeneth."

The Japanese Foreign Minister greeted them first, which led to a mutual exchange of greetings. Once the government plane took off, the meeting began.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.7K 3.1K 52
"𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡, 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥, 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐥𝐞" 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Caitlin Clark fa...
137K 6.3K 36
"I can never see you as my wife. This marriage is merely a formality, a sham, a marriage on paper only." . . . . . . She was 10 years younger than hi...
413K 24.9K 84
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
762K 28.2K 103
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...