Potential

Par Radical_Honesty

Abandoned shortly after his birth this is a story about a boy trying to become a Hero, In the face of some wh... Plus

Found
Big Brother
Emergency
Future Plans
U.A
Visiting.
Bad feelings
Declaration of War
Gotta Go Fast.
Battle of Wit's
Shocking.
Champion.
Manipulation.
Introductions.

Wake up.

26 1 0
Par Radical_Honesty

(Izuku pov)

"Hi Tenko" I greeted when i walked out of the seating area and saw my big Brother waiting for me. Tenko came over and pulled me into a hug and then he ran his fingers through my hair, Even after all this time it still sooths me.

"Hello little Brother, You surprised me out there" He said with a quiet laugh. "I never knew that you developed a quirk" I stepped back with a big smile but soon i let it fall to a more neutral expression. "It's not a quirk" Tenko looked confused so i continued "You remember the accident, Don't you ?" Tenko's face became stern when his memory went back to that time and he nodded "Well it's something i gained from the exposure to those chemicals and the lightning i think" Tenko was quiet and brought his hand to his chin in contemplation, It was like i could see the wheels turning in his head until he looked back at me and asked "Well if you have this then why not join the Hero course right away ?" I then told him about what All Might had said a year before the accident and that immediately put a scowl on Tenko's face.

"Hmpf That stupid blond buffoon, How dare he say that !" I took Tenko's hand and just nodded, He seemed to calm down on account of my holding his hand as he always felt better when people did that. "Thanks for that Little Brother, I understand why you're doing it now and i support you, Go show that dumbass what real Potential look's like" Tenko ruffled my hair a bit and i nodded before walking away to get my drink and returning to the stands.

(Timeskip)

The second round was about to begin and i was going to be fighting Todoroki next so i said my goodbye's to Shin and went to my waiting room to prepare for the match. On the way i turned a corner and met another familiar face.

My eye's went wide and i ran over to the number two pro hero "Hi Endeavor, It's so good to see you here" I said with excitment but not forgetting to give him a bow in respect. "You're the Nakiri boy aren't you ?" He asked while giving me an appraising glace. "Yes sir, And thanks again for what you said to me all those years ago !" Endeavor looked confused for a moment then a look of recognition went across his face. "Oh yes i remember now, You were the young boy at the fundraiser weren't you ?" I nodded and bowed again. "Yes sir and i thank you for supporting my dreams back then, A year later i had an unfortunate accident but i did get some powers out of it so now i can follow in your footsteps".

Endeavor looked quite confused so i explained to him that even though he has a prickly personality he still has more successful wins and cases than that blond moron All Might. It might have been my imagination but i could have sworn i saw a slight smile from the Flame Hero.

"Yes i noticed your impressive speed out there, Truly amazing but i wonder if you might do me a favor ?" I was caught off guard that 'The' Endeavor would need anything from me but he's my second favorite Pro so i decided that i'd be honored to help him. "Name it sir" Endeavor explained that he was the Father of Todoroki and wanted his son who was rebelling and not using his fire to accept his power and become his successor.

"So let me get this straight, He's only using half of his power and he has the nerve to stand among all of us who are trying their hardest ??" I was pissed off, This little asshole was refusing to use that power when some people like me weren't even born with a quirk. Did Todoroki have no idea what the quirkess would give to have a gift like that ! Endeavor then explained that he was not a very good Father and was rather brutal in his training of his Son but he truly wanted his Son to be prepared for whatever the world might throw at him.

(A/N In this one his family broke down because he was too brutal in training but he never commited domestic violence because that's impossible to defend, But Shoto's training was just to toughen him up for the future)

"I take it that he's not very smart then ?" Endeavor looked at me confused for a second but i continued so he would understand. "What? Does he think Villains are going to be nice to him, No they'll try to KILL him. If your training him that way helps him survive then he should have been grateful !" Endeavor looked down like he was still ashamed but i put my fist to his chest and smiled "I'll wake him up, But i might have to kick his ass first" I chuckled, The flame Hero just nodded before thanking me and then went on his way.

"Todoroki, You better get ready !"

(Timeskip)

I was finally standing across from this entitled little asshole and he was just acting like he didn't have a care in the world, He was just staring blankly at me like he didn't even consider me a threat. This made me really mad and so i shouted out to him "Hey there Todoroki i heard that you can use flames too so you better use those if you want to defeat me !" That got me a scowl and a look that would be deadly if it was possible. "Did my oldman put you up to this ?" I just crossed my arms and smirked "Of course he asked me to help his ungrateful Son to accept his full power, And i consider it an honor to help him" Todoroki sneered at me like i was stinking garbage.

"Begin !!"

Midnight announced the start of the match and to no-one's surprise a massive wave of ice came surging in my direction. I simply avoided it with my speed i then ran up to Todoroki and slapped him across the face before going back to my side of the field, This all happened in a matter of seconds so it took him a moment to realised what i did. "Too slow Todoroki" I taunted him from where i was stood.

Todoroki looked like he was growling and sent more ice my way but i did the same thing again, This time a bit harder. It was enough to leave a red hand print on his face, "If your gonna keep acting like one then i'll just keep slapping you in the face like a little bitch" I told him while i'm sure i looked like one smug Mofo.

My opponent looked like he was about to lose it and i was right as the biggest ice wave i had ever seen came rusing towards me. I knew that there was only one way to avoid it so i started to vibrate my body at hyper speed and then ran right at him. I ran right through the glacier and then through Todoroki himself and just stood behind him silently.

When the ice stopped he kept looking ahead probably wondering if he had finally got me, He then turned to Midnight when he saw no signs of life and asked her why she hasn't called the match yet. The R-Rated Hero stood there shivering and then pointed right at me.

Todoroki turned around and was met instantly by my fist in his face, He stumbled back and fell on his ass so i began to walk towards him slowly. "Poor little Todoroki, Mad because daddy was a little hard on you, Pathetic" I gave him a kick in the ribs and he rolled over until he was on his back. I watched as he tried to send more ice my way but his right side was covered in frost and it looked like it hurt to even try.

"You don't know what i went through during his 'training'" Todoroki spat as he tried to recover. "You're right i don't, But you don't know what i had to go through during my life !" I said in obvious anger "Do you know what i would have done to have a power like your's growing up ??" Todoroki looked surprised for a moment "But you have your speed why would you want a power like mine ?" I walked over and dragged him to his feet and punched him again, Not too hard but enough to make him stumble backwards a bit.

"I'll have you know that i'm actually quirkless, This power is from an accident i had when i was Twelve !" I spoke with a venomous tone and then i told him what i'd figured out from all those years ago. "I was abandoned because i was quirkless, i was just a baby dumped on the steps of an orphanage." His eye's opened wide in shock so i continued "I don't know how they knew but they did and then they decided to get rid of me, Thankfully i was raised by a wonderful woman and later adopted by an amazing family" Todoroki then spoke to me "What do you have to complain about then ?".

"You just don't get it, While i was loved there was always a slight look of pity in everyones eye's whenever they looked at me. I would have given anything to have your gift and here you are squandering it for petty reasons" Todoroki heaved a bit while he was still tryng to catch his breath from my attacks. "He was relentless in his 'Training' You didn't go through it, You don't know anything".

"So are you going to complain that Villains are being to hard on you too ?" He scowled at me and tried to send more ice again but he cried out in pain when he tried. "Villains won't care about your feeling's they'll just try to kill you, Your Father was trying to make you stronger so you would be ready, And here you are making excuses" My opponent finally got his breath back and stood up to meet me at eye level.

"I'll defeat them using only my right side !" I just punched him again "You can't even defeat me with only your right side !!" I taunted him before continuing "How are you going to beat someone who's able to overcome your ice ??" I could see a slight bit of smoke coming off Todoroki as he was considering this. "You might be able to do everything you just said but the more likely scenario is that people will die if you keep refusing your full power !" Todoroki lunged at me with his right hand in an attempt to grab me. I dodged it and let him step past me while putting my foot on the small of his back and pushed him to the ground about ten feet away.

"I'm tired of this, So i'll just beat you here and now and to think you're supposed to be a future Hero how disappointing" I said as i walked over slowly to knock him out. He scrambled to his feet and looked like he was thinking about something, He then started to smoke more and more eventually letting out a massive burst of flames from his left side causing me to have to run back out of range.

"I will be a HERO !!"

He roared at me, I grinned and got ready for our final clash. "I'll decide my own destiny and if i must use this power then so be it !" I was grinning ear to ear when i noticed his fighting spirit "ALRIGHT we finally have ourselves a battle !!!" I yelled getting incredibly pumped up. "Why are you smiling are you crazy or something ??" Todoroki asked me but i just readied myself to attack.

He launched an enormous wave of fire that vaporised the ice on the field but i Immediately went supersonic creating a sonic boom in the arena. I avoided the attack and closed in on him i stopped behind him and tapped him on the shoulder. He didn't turn, He only let more fire burst out and so i began my plan.

I ran around him constantly and created a vortex that consumed the flames in a huge fire tornado. While i was running i could see that the flames on his body were flickering so i kept running. I was approaching mach three and then i noticed that Todoroki was gasping for breath as the vortex and his flames consumed the oxygen and pretty soon he couldn't get enough air to stay conscious so he passed out on the field.

Everyone in the arena went nut's at the result screaming cheers and they clearly enjoyed the spectale we put on.

"The winner is Izuku Nakiri".

I noticed Endeavor in the stands so i gave him a quick casual salute before walking to the tunnel so i could leave the field while the medical robots came to collect Todoroki.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

121K 3K 47
When you are not born with a quirk and you want to become someone who actively uses quirks to do basically everything, what would you do? Be optimist...
115K 2.5K 42
Izuku was just a normal kid. He loved to watch heroes fight crime, he loved to fantasize about quirks, he loved his friends and family. One day, howe...
67.1K 2.9K 19
Quirkless doesn't mean useless but because of how quirkless kids are being treated they often end up dead.. Izuku Midoriya is a kid that was born qui...
1.7K 20 9
*NEW VERSION BEING MADE!* Izuku midoriya. A kid who just wanted to be a hero. Unfortunately, nature must hate him. In this topsy turvy world, women a...