daylight | percy jackson

By gracieloveslana

"you had a dream about me?" "it was a prophecy, dont get too cocky" "did i look really handsome and talented... More

synopsis ೀ
aria has a type
boy meets (demigod) world
battle of the gym squad
are last names reserved for enemies?
zeus pooks is a lil paranoid
justice for percy's hair
running away from the orphanage
gladiola my king
percy hates on architecture
jumping off a monument (date idea)
luke gets in aria's bad books
the group becomes walking advertisements
truck travels
percy goes pearl diving
charon confirmed aria stan
if the era's tour was in the underworld
trip down...tartarus lane?
real or not real?
is this the end of all the endings?
BOOK TWO.
who tf is andy?
no red flags here
camp rock prepares for war
here comes the goat, all dressed in white
tyson meets fish ponies
group therapy
where is the nearest wingstop
more like hurricane tortilla
bro think he a guinea pig
the group meets fawn
high school musical 3
lukie pookie returns
tree comes back from the dead
BOOK THREE.
movie night...without tyson
did ya miss me
percy meets the family
percy no no wanna
grover is joe goldberg
pinot noir makes a comeback
simba? is that you?
distance distance distance
lord of da wild
say that shi w yo chest
hair ties and dragons
voice of an angel
youre not dead?
fam reunions #awkies
look at the stars
a little party never killed nobody
kid(napping)
BOOK FOUR.
fooled you cant get fooled again
stork story
said i love you. you say nothing back.
i normally love gingers but
taxi driver, be my shrink for the hour

the home alone guys in an alternate universe

1.3K 61 353
By gracieloveslana

˚₊‧ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

BOOK ONE

CHAPTER FOURTEEN.

❝ gods i hate turnips ❞

ARIA WOKE to Percy violently shaking her.

"The truck just stopped. Grover thinks they're going to come in and check on the animals," Percy explained, releasing Aria's shoulder.

"Guys we need to hide!" Annabeth murmured, searching for any available hiding spots, like this was hide and seek and not hide or get arrested.

"Easy for you to say!" Aria hissed, still reeling from the fact that she literally just woke up. "You just have to chuck on a hat and you're good."

Annabeth shot her a side eye before throwing her cap on and disappearing. The clattering of the door opening forced the remaining trio to dive, their heads going straight into a sack of turnips.

"Gods I hate turnips," Aria muttered, inhaling a mouthful of the horrid scent.

"God I hate you," Percy retorted, a lame excuse of a comeback.

"I thought we established it was 'gods' and not 'god'. Stop switching up on me, boy"

Grover hissed under his sack. "Shut up, they're coming!"

The doors flung open, abruptly letting light into the darkened trailer. Aria imagined that that was what entering Elysium looked like.

"Man!" one of the men said, turning his nose up at the scent. "I wish I got into the appliance business."

Aria shifted to talk to Percy.

"See, I told you turnips fucking stink."

"I didn't dispute that!" Percy returned, his voice barely a whisper.

The other man turned around.

"Did you hear that?" he said to the other truck driver.

"Hear what?"

"I swear to God I just heard someone say they thought turnips stunk."

"We're gonna stink in a minute if we don't hurry up, you fat idiot."

Aria was loving the drama.

The group watched in dismay as two rough-looking men approached the cramped cages. One of them, sporting a worn-out cap, climbed inside the truck carrying a jug of water. His gruff voice echoed through the confined space.

"You hot, big boy?" he addressed the imposing lion, pouring water into the animal's bowls. Without warning, he splashed the remainder of the bucket right into the lion's face.

The lion roared, a mixture of irritation and discomfort echoing through the truck. The man, seemingly unfazed, retorted, "Yeah yeah, you'll live."

Aria sensed Grover tensing beside her, and she wished she could reach over to comfort him. The other man, the driver, tossed a squashed Happy Meal bag to the antelope and shot a smirk at the zebra.

"How ya doin', Stripes? Least we'll be getting rid of you this stop. Do you like magic shows? You're gonna love this one. They're gonna saw you in half!"

˚ ༘ ೀ⋆。˚

Percy had never been an animal whisperer. In fact, he didn't really associate with many animals (except Grover if you will). He didn't have any pets growing up, and he was never really interested in trips to the zoo or the aquarium. So to say that when the zebra looked at him straight in the eye and said 'You have to free me. Please help.', he was a little concerned. For both the zebra, and for his mental health.

The zebra turned away.

There was a loud, obnoxious tapping outside the vehicle, and one of the men inside the truck yelled out. "Whaddya want, Eddie?"

A voice outside shouted back, and Percy presumed it was Eddie.

"Maurice? What did you say?"

Maurice answered. "What are ya banging around for?"

The knocking continued.

"What banging?" Eddie said, his voice drifting through the small compartment.

Percy heard Maurice scoff and exit the truck, muttering a few curse words under his breath.

Annabeth materialised, staying clear of the turnip pile. "This has to be illegal."

"The lion over here says that these guys are animal smugglers," Grover said, and Percy was relieved he wasn't the only somewhat crazy one.

"The lion told you? What is this, Madagascar? Did he tell you his name was Alex too," Aria said, rising from the pile of vegetables. She brushed them off with a dignified hand.

Percy laughed until Grover shot him a look.

"Actually," Grover said. "He told me his name was Micheal."

Suddenly the zebra spoke again. "Michael is right. Open the cage please."

Could this day get any weirder.

All heads turned as the bickering outside intensified. Percy reached for his sword and Grover smiled. Uncapping riptide, Percy slashed at the lock of the zebra's cage, the lousy metal contraption falling off instantly.

The zebra ran out of the cage, not before bowing down to Percy. 'Thank you.' was all it said before the animal turned to Grover.

Grover made some funny motions with his hands and uttered something to the zebra, almost as if casting a blessing.

Maurice poked his head into the truck, confused by all the noise, but he was no longer confused (well.. maybe just a little) when a zebra jumped over him and into the bustling street. The chaotic scene unfolded as the freed zebra galloped down the street, its hooves thundering against the pavement. Maurice and Eddie sprinted after the runaway zebra, hotly pursued by a few determined policemen.

At the entrance of the truck, Grover, Aria, Percy, and Annabeth observed the unfolding spectacle. Percy leaned over, "This is our chance to get out of here."

However, Grover interjected, a determined glint in his eyes. "No, we can't leave the others behind. We need to free the rest of the animals."

Ignoring the ongoing chase, Percy and Grover approached the remaining cages. Percy deftly opened the cage of the antelope, while Grover, with a gentle touch and another blessing-like movement of his hands, released Michael the lion. The antelope leaped out, darting away to join its liberated zebra companion. The lion, free from the confines of captivity, stretched its limbs and let out a deep, echoing roar.

"See ya Michael," Grover said.

The lion gave what Percy assumed was a nod of the head, and then the animal sauntered off, screaming following closely behind.

"Mommy, I want that lion!" a child on the street said to his disinterested mother, who was busily typing on her phone.

"Uh huh, put it on the list for Santa sweetie," she replied, oblivious to the fact that Michael was just roaming around.

"Will the animals be alright?" Aria asked Grover.

"Yes. I made sure of it. I placed a satyr's sanctuary on them," he said, as if that made it any clearer for Percy.

"What does that even mean," he asked.

"It means," Grover said. "That they will find water, shade, food, or just anything they need until they can find somewhere safe to live."

"I think you should try that on us," Aria suggested.

"It only works on wild animals."

"Fuck, so Percy's the only one who gets to find food and water."

Percy's mouth dropped.

"Should have let you drown," he snapped.

"I wish you would have, would have saved me from having to listen to you all day and night. You're all like 'aw daddy didn't claim me until day one of camp' or all 'aw i don't wanna be on this quest'. It's like the saying 'the gift that never stops giving.' Except you're not a gift. It should be the pest that never stops yapping."

"Hey!" Percy protested. "You comforted me the other night about those feelings!"

Annabeth swivelled to face Aria.

"I don't care. You've pissed me off now."

"Aww did I make Riri upset."

"This is why no one loves you."

"My mother would beg to differ."

"Whatever."

Grover shifted uncomfortably. 

"Are you done, or can we leave now?" he asked, fed up with their arguing, even if it was mildly amusing.

"We can leave," Percy muttered.

They stepped out of the van, Percy jumping off first. He offered his hand to Aria to help her down.

"Wow. Such a gentleman," Aria said, taking his hand.

"Can't let my Riri be upset on me, can I?" Percy joked. He knew she hated the nickname Riri. He had seen her reaction to it when Luke called her by it on that Iris call.

"Oh shut up."

As they trekked through the arid desert landscape, the sun beating down on them relentlessly, the group stumbled upon a peculiar sight in the distance. Rising from the sandy dunes like an oasis of luxury, the Lotus Casino appeared before them.

The exterior of the casino was adorned with dazzling lights that seemed to beckon from afar. The building itself was a grand spectacle, designed with an opulence that sharply contrasted the barren surroundings. Glittering glass windows reflected the sunlight, creating a dazzling display.

They walked towards the entrance, and a doorman greeted them. "Hi there! You kids look like you've had a rough journey. You want to come in and sit down?"

˚ ༘ ೀ⋆。˚

ONE THING that Aria's mother had taught her since early infantry was stranger danger. And looking at this man, he was a stranger that looked like danger. Her instincts surged, telling her not to go inside, and she trusted her instincts. They were never wrong (except for the multiple times they were but thats not the point). She tugged on Annabeth's jacket while Percy made light conversation with the doorman.

"I have a bad feeling about this," Aria whispered.

"It's okay. Let's just go in here for a quick minute, freshen up and then we can leave, okay?" Annabeth answered, patting the hand that was rested on her jacket.

"When we get murdered I'll be laughing saying I told you so."

Percy tapped Aria on the shoulder.

"We're going in, you coming?"

Aria nodded, attempting to reassure herself.

The moment they set foot in the lobby, their eyes widened. It was a vast expanse of entertainment and leisure, a giant game room that stretched out before them.

Bright neon lights adorned the walls, casting a vibrant glow across the room. The air was filled with the lively sounds of arcade games, the cheerful jingles of slot machines, and the occasional whoops of excitement from patrons lost in various games of chance.

In the center of the lobby, a large fountain sparkled with multicoloured lights, its water dancing to the rhythm of an unseen melody. Plush carpets, adorned with intricate patterns, softened their footsteps as they explored the space. The walls were lined with rows of classic and modern arcade games, each one beckoning with promises of amusement.

As the group marvelled at the spectacle, a sharply dressed bellhop approached them with a warm smile. Extending a golden key, he offered it to Percy.

"Welcome to the Lotus Casino," the bellhop greeted them. "Your key to endless enjoyment. No need to worry about payment; everything is taken care of. Simply relax and indulge in the pleasures of our game room."

Aria's feeling about this place worsened. Another lesson taught by her mother: nothing in life is free.

The bellhop continued. "Oh, silly me! I almost forgot! Here is your LotusCash cards. They work in the restaurants and on all the games and rides."

He handed every member of the group a green plastic card.

"How much is on here?" Aria asked, flipping the card over in her hand.

The man looked at her severely confused. "What do you mean?"

"When do we you know, run out of money?"

All he did was laugh. "Oh that's a good one! Very funny, I like you. Anyways guys, enjoy your stay!"

The bellhop left, and they headed over to the elevator, catching it to their floor. Percy unlocked the door and they cautiously wandered in, Aria more wary than most. There in front of her was a suite with four seperate rooms, alongside a bar filled to the brim with sodas, chips, and candies. Fluffy white towels hung above each door, and a big television was propped up onto the wall. An expansive balcony with a hot tub greeted them, and Aria saw Annabeth nod her head in approval. She still felt weird about the whole thing. It was perfect. Too perfect. Too perfect that it had to have been planned.

"This place is..." Annabeth started, looking out the high windows onto the view of Vegas.

"Creepy," Aria said.

"Awesome," Percy chimed.

"Sweet," Grover furthered.

Percy chucked Ares' ragged backpack in the bin, and it made a clinking sound as metal hit metal.

"If we're gonna stay in this horror ass hotel, I call dibs on first shower," Aria said, already heading over to the bathroom.

Aria stepped into the shower, enveloped by the soothing warmth of the water cascading from the sleek chrome fixture above. The bathroom, adorned in shades of pristine white, felt like a sanctuary of cleanliness and comfort.

The tiles beneath her feet were cool and smooth, providing a refreshing contrast to the steam rising around her. The shower stall was spacious, and the glass door allowed the light to filter through, creating a serene ambiance. The scent of a subtle, floral-scented soap filled the air as Aria let the water wash away the dust and exhaustion of their journey. She'd had enough of today.

Stepping out of the shower, she grabbed some fresh clothes that were already waiting for her. This is straight out of a horror film, she thought to herself as she pulled on the clothes, which surprisingly fit her perfectly. She imagined herself on a watch mojo video. 'Welcome back to Watch Mojo, and today we are counting down the top 4 idiots who decided to stay at this hotel.'

She exited the bathroom, alerting Annabeth that she could use it now. The girl gave her a grateful smile before entering the steaming room. Plopping down onto the silky white sheets, Aria exhaled, waiting for Annabeth to come back. She could hear Percy and Grover having a muffled conversation next door but she didn't hone in on it. She didn't really care to be honest. All she heard was Grover say, 'I know you like-', but she couldn't make out the rest.

A few minutes later, Annabeth emerged, dressed in a new, fresh outfit. Her eyes shone brighter than they had in days, and even though Aria was not too thrilled about this experience, she was happy her best friend was. If Annabeth was happy, surely Aria could put more effort in to pretend to be too. She didn't want to be the negative Nancy on this little trip.

Annabeth sat down next to her on the bed and the two demigods just stayed in silence for a while, basking in each others presence. Aria would have stayed like that forever until the little demon himself stuck his head around the door frame.

"Get up it's time to tap tap tap," Percy said, making a tapping motion with his hands as he flung the card around.

"Why do you make my life so difficult?" Aria asked, getting up off the bed.

"When I came into this world, my first words to my mother were, and I quote; I want to make Aria Silver's life terrible."

"Well done, you've achieved your life dreams."

Now that Aria and Annabeth were successfully awoken, the group walked back over to the elevator. Percy pushed the lobby button, and down they went. Aria still did not feel good about this.

˚ ༘ ೀ⋆。˚

After Aria had done bungee jumping three times, one with each member, Percy ran up to her.

"I call dibs on Silvers!" he claimed enthusiastically.

"Call dibs on me for what...?" Aria asked and she looked at Annabeth for some guidance. The girl simply shrugged.

"For laser tag," Percy put simply, and he grabbed Aria's wrist and pulled her to the entrance of the game.

Aria had to admit that laser tag was fun. Even though she had sworn that she hated this place, she couldn't hide the smile that crept up on her while she played. She hadn't felt like this in a while. Relaxed? Calm? Free? She wasn't sure, but she knew she liked it.

"Take that you swashbuckler!" one of the smaller children in the game yelled, and Aria shot Percy a quizzical look.

At the end of the game, the group met up again near the video games. Annabeth was playing some mental word game like a loser, and Grover was intrigued by a deer simulator.

"We better go now," Percy said sadly, and he looked wistfully out to the lobby.

"Yeah," Aria agreed. Her gut feeling was coming back and the sense of freedom was gone.

Annabeth switched off her game and Grover turned off the simulator with a sigh.

They started to walk towards the entrance, but a waitress stopped them in their tracks.

"Lotus Flower?" she asked them, her voice like honey. She extended out a tray filled with cookies that were decorated with pink flowers.

Aria did not trust this lady, or hotel whatsoever. She took one anyway, just to seem polite, but she did not ingest the weird looking food. Instead, she pretended to eat it, bringing her hand to her mouth, but crushing the cookie inside her fist. The others took the cookies however, and gobbled them right up, crumbs slightly falling off their faces. The waitress watched them with an intoxicating smile.

"How are they?" she questioned, still smiling.

"These are great!" Grover exclaimed and he looked like he was going for seconds.

"I love these," Annabeth agreed, nodding her head enthusiastically.

Aria felt like this was a trap. They needed to get out of here.

She turned to talk to Percy, but instead of finding her normal Percy, she was met with the face of an extremely high Percy.

"Wow. I just love this place," he said, looking at the lobby in delirious wonder.

Grover held Percy's shoulder as if seeing the hotel in a new light.

"I think we should stay," the satyr said and Aria winced internally.

She looked to Annabeth, hoping that her best friend was not under this same drug. However, Annabeth pranced around, her hands outstretched in a 'the sound of music' way. She was high as a kite.

Aria gripped Percy's jacket and cupped his face with her hands to get him to focus on her. His dilated blue eyes locked onto hers and her heart stopped for a moment. Eye contact was never something she was good at. 

Surprisingly, he spoke first. "You're really pretty."

He looked at her with such intensity that she felt herself withdrawing.

"You're high as anything. Look we need-" she began, but Percy cut her off.

"You have pretty hair."

"Percy, look at me. We need to leave, we can't just stay-"

She was interrupted by Annabeth, whose voice was now three octaves higher.

"WE SHOULD STAY HERE FOREVER!" she yelled, although no one in the lobby was concerned by her behaviour. Average day at the Lotus hotel Aria guessed. A bunch of high teenagers (and 24 year old goat man) running around their lobby was probably normal.

Percy pulled away from Aria gently, even though his body was basically vibrating with energy.

"Great idea!" he said to Annabeth, and she smiled widely.

"Wait!" Annabeth exclaimed and everyone paused. "I know what we are supposed to do!"

Percy giggled.

"Finally!" Aria said. "See everyone? Annabeth says we need to-"

"Have fun!" Annabeth squealed, and Percy giggled some more.

Then, the trio ran off in different directions, their bodies basically floating off the ground.

"IM NEVER LEAVING!" she heard Percy shout in the near distance.

All of sudden, Poker face by Lady Gaga began blasting on full volume.

"I need a lobotomy after this."

˚ ༘ ೀ⋆。˚

Percy felt...something. Free? Restless? Pure blissfulness? The world around him felt vibrant and brighter, as if Apollo himself had lit a match in the lobby. Everything felt heightened. Colours were mixing, voices were echoing, and most things looked particularly blurry. Percy's eyes caught on the blue waterslide. Water? Blue? Percy was in. A distant echo of someone familiar rang out though, stopping him in his tracks.

He turned around to face Aria, who had a look of worry on her face. Why was she worried? This place was great.

"Percy! Where are you going?" she asked him, latching her shaking hands onto his shoulders.

Brown waves cascaded down Aria's shoulders like a river. Somehow, through all they had done, her hair had managed to stay perfect. Percy was surprised she wasn't the daughter of Aphrodite.

His hand tentatively reached out, and he tucked a wave behind her ear. He wanted to see her face.

"Have I told you that you look really pretty?" he asked. He couldn't recall any of his previous conversations. His mind felt empty.

She pulled his hand off her hair and held it in her hand.

"Yes, you have. But right now, we really need to leave."

Dragging him along, hand in hand, Percy could just make out the figures of Annabeth and Grover dancing with an eclectic mix of human girls.

"Woohoo! Way to go man!" he yelled, almost tripping over Aria.

Aria shouted something at Annabeth who was now sprinting towards the waitress, a fresh tray in hand. She turned back to Percy, her green eyes boring holes into him. Aria had really pretty eyes, Percy noticed. He hadn't noticed it before. Maybe green was his new favourite colour.

"Percy. I need you to promise me to not eat another flower. And stay right here. Can you do that for me?"

For her, he would do anything. But even though he was high as anything, he didn't share that. The one working part of his brain was yelling at him not to say that. 'She's your enemy' it shouted, and for once, Percy listened.

Percy smiled at her giddily, and nodded his head.

"Ok!" he said simply.

Then, Aria left his peripheral vision.

Unsure of what to do, Percy sat down on a plush chair, the effects of the flowers taking their toll. Much like what happened in the truck, a voice rang out in his head.

Percy, my boy, the mental voice resonated in Percy's consciousness. You must wake up. This is not reality. 

The dreamlike euphoria momentarily wavered as Percy felt a gentle tug on the edges of his consciousness. He was ninety percent sure that it was his father speaking.

The Lotus Eaters have ensnared you, Poseidon continued, projecting images of past adventures, the faces of his friends, and a flash of green eyes in his mind. You have a greater purpose, Percy. The fate of Olympus depends on you.

The mental visions, a montage of memories and responsibilities, began to overlay the fantastical scenes of the Lotus Casino. Percy's glazed eyes widened as he started to be brought back to normal.

Fight against the spell, Percy, Poseidon urged. Your friends need you, and the gods' wrath is not taken lightly. 

With an inner surge of determination, Percy shook off the effects of the Lotus flower. The dreamy haze dissipated, replaced by a stark awareness of his surroundings. The vibrant colours dulled, and the enchanting allure of the casino lost its hold. He spotted Aria across the room, where she was nervously pacing back and forth. He ran over to her.

"Silvers!" he shouted and Aria whirled around.

"Percy, I don't have time for this, I can't find anyone else. I told you to stay over there! Did you eat any more flowers?" Aria rushed out like a worried mother.

"No no, Aria," Percy said, and Aria stilled at the use of her first name. "I'm back to normal I swear."

Aria searched Percy's eyes for a moment before she did something unexpected. She hugged him. Her arms wrapped around his neck and Percy breathed in her strawberry scent. His hands found refuge on her waist, and he felt himself automatically relax. Aria spoke into his shoulder.

"I didn't know what to do, Percy. I thought I had lost everyone."

Percy smiled into her hair. She cared about him? The thought made him giddy.

"I'm back. I'm here. But we need to find the others," Percy said, slowly drawing away from the hug. Her arms untangled from his body, and she wiped away some tears that had formed. He had never seen her like this before. He didn't know what to do. But, he figured she wasn't the type to appreciate a pat on the back or an awkward 'are you okay?', so he let her be. He also knew that she didn't like him all that much, and so his efforts probably would not be taken well.

"How did you you know..." Aria asked, looking up at him with green eyes.

"My Dad. He sent me a message through my brain. I don't know how to explain it, but it was this montage of what we had done and he was all like yadada the fate of Olympus yadada find your friends and I was like oh shit what happened. I also overheard this guy say that it was 1977, so I got a little worried."

"Wow Poseidon in his film making era?" Aria joked, now back to her regular self.

"It was a poor montage. Imovie at best."

Percy warmed when he saw Aria smile.

The duo wandered through the endless lobby, yelling out a mixture of "Grover!" "Annabeth!".

A hand curled around Percy's shoulder.

The same bellhop from before snarled back at them.

"Is there a problem?" he inquired, sizing the two demigods up and down.

"No, no problem here! Just eating these amazing flowers and feeling great!" Aria exclaimed, pretending to be a little delusional.

Percy leaned in. "We are A-okay," he squinted his eyes to read the man's name tag. "Mr. Marshmallow."

Aria gave him a quizzical look. "That says Marshall you idiot."

"It's not my fault I'm freaking dyslexic!"

"I'm dyslexic and I could read that!"

Percy rolled his shoulders back in annoyance.

"Well anyways Mr. Marshall," Percy accentuated the man's last name while glaring at Aria. "we are gonna head off now, hopefully we will see you...around!"

They began to creep away when the man pulled Aria back by her arm, trying to force down a flower into her throat. Aria instantly reeled back, repulsed by both the man, and the cookie.

"Dude, did your mother never teach you manners?" Percy shot, snatching the cookie mid air and throwing it back towards the man.

The bellhop jumped in an attempt to retrieve the flower, but he was greeted by a kick to the gut. Percy turned to see Aria and her outstretched leg, an enraged expression evident on her face. Now free from that creepy man's grasp, Aria grabbed Percy's arm and ran, leaving the cursing man behind still clutching his stomach.

"Nice kick," Percy complimented.

"Thanks, I regularly kick grown men in the stomach."

Percy wasn't sure if that was a joke or not.

Aria spotted Grover sitting on a leather couch, his arm wrapped around two girls who were staring at him in awe. Aria shooed the girls away.

"Shoo shoo, this is a casino, not a goat-mating ceremony."

"Terrible timing Aria. I was just gonna ask those girls to marry me," Grover said dreamily, watching the two girls saunter off.

Annabeth clapped her hands excitedly. "That's so romantic!"

"Not really," Percy retorted, trying to shake Grover back to normalcy.

Grover sighed. "Don't be jealous Percy. I'm sure I can arrange for you and Ar-"

Percy slapped him across the cheek before he could finish his sentence.

"Wake. Up. This isn't real!"

Grover blinked a few times, seemingly coming down from the drug.

Annabeth sniffled. "Why are you guys trying to take us away from here?"

Aria sat down beside her, clasping Annabeth's hands in hers.

"There's a fat ass spider on your lap."

Annabeth screamed and jumped off the couch. "Aria don't even play with me right now! Is there actually?!"

Percy snickered and Annabeth shot him a deadly look. Okay so she was back.

Grover, who was now fully recovered, surveyed the area. "How long do you think we have-"

"I'm not sure," Aria put simply. "But we have to get out of here quickly."

Percy saw security guards strut towards them and he beckoned to the group.

"Run."

And so they did. The three demigods and the goat sprinted for the exit, pushing people out of the way in order to clear their path. The bellhop from before was now standing up properly, and as he saw them running towards them, he reached out his hands to stop them.

Aria kicked him in the stomach for the second time.

The doors loomed ahead of them like the gates of heaven, and the group pushed triumphantly through them. Stormy clouds rolled overhead, and thunder boomed ominously. A weight on Percy's back forced him to look over and he saw Ares's backpack slung firmly over his shoulder.

"Didn't you throw that out?" Annabeth asked, pointing to the backpack.

"I thought I did..."

They were now at a local newsagent and Aria reached over the shelves to grab a newspaper.

"Guys..." Aria began, her eyes widening.

Percy leaned over her shoulder, his chin resting lightly on her.

The date, written in fine black ink, clearly read: June twentieth.

"We were in the casino for five days," Aria said, slowly putting down the newspaper.

They now only had one day to complete the quest.

One day until the summer solstice.

One day to save Olympus.

˚ ༘ ೀ⋆。˚

Annabeth hailed down a cab, the vehicle pulling up smoothly. They got into the ride and the driver looked at them expectantly, waiting for their destination.

"LA please," she said.

The man in the driver's seat gave them a look up and down.

"You gotta pay up front for that one. 300 miles is gonna cost you kids a lotta money."

Annabeth pulled out the Lotus Casino card, its green plasticity gleaming in the sun. "You accept casino debit cards?"

"Some of em. I gotta swipe it first." the man said.

She handed him the card and he gave her a quizzical look.

"Just swipe it," Aria encouraged.

The cabbie swiped the card hesitantly, and almost instantly, his machine started clattering. An infinity symbol popped up on the screen and the driver's mouth dropped.

"Where in Los Angeles did you wanna go to Miss..."

Annabeth held her head high.

"It's Miss Chase to you. And we would like to go to Santa Monica pier. If you get us there quickly, you can keep the change."

A minute later, Aria was gripping the handles of the car, as well as Percy's arm, the driver now speeding like lightning mcqueen.

"Thank you for saving us Aria," Grover said.

"Yeah, we wouldn't have gotten out of there without you," Annabeth agreed, extremely thankful for her best friend.

Aria looked at Percy waiting for his word of thanks.

"You did ok, I guess," he said, a smirk on his mouth.

"So what I'm hearing is that I should have left you there?"

"No! I was kidding! Thank you, Silvers. Genuinely."

Aria smiled, content that she had done something useful.

camp notes

you guys asked for longer chaps,

i delivered.

PERCY SAYING HIS NEW FAV COLOUR WAS GREEN

CAUSE OF ARIA'S EYES.

i cannot with this man (i wrote him like that)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 6.3K 24
"𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘧 𝘈𝘱𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘰 𝘪𝘴 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳'𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥." ➳ "𝗦𝗼𝗹𝗮𝗿, what are yo...
1K 122 8
I only talk to dogs because they don't understand me. My teeth are yellow, hello world! Would you like me a little better if they were white like you...
2.8K 132 8
"I'd love it if the gods killed me now." "I wouldn't." "I really don't care." (annabeth chasexfem!oc) BoTL - SoN
5.7K 234 18
×My Strength is an Illusion× We all were saved, the Flare, WICKED, gone from our lives. Yet, something was always burning on the horizon. Like a watc...