Wolf's Heart

By MiamiCombe

Akina Johnson has been the laughing stock of her school for years. With scars spreading across her face, legs... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
epilogue

Twenty Two

222 11 0
By MiamiCombe

A/N: so we haven't been getting to the update goals for months, so I'm just going to start updating weekly until all the parts are up. I don't know if I'm going to edit this anytime soon, simply because I've been writing a few other books this summer that are more my priority. Thanks for reading!

Twenty Two

I woke with a start, as a loud crash sounded from downstairs. "We know she's in here somewhere, kid. Just hand her over, and there will be no more harm to your pack. We promise." 

 "You think I'd believe that? She isn't here, so you may as well leave now. Leave my family alone," Damien's voice said. "And give me back my brother." 

 "Aw, your brother? How cute," there was a grunt, and I was sure that Damien was attempting to fight someone off. "Your 'family' is out there, probably getting slaughtered by my pack. It would all end, if you'd just hand over the girl. She can't be too much value to you, could she? I mean, you don't want her, or you'd have already claimed her as your own. She's free for our Alpha to claim." 

 "No one will be claiming her," Damien growled, and I heard the snap of wood. "Get out of my house. I've already told you she isn't here."

 "Like I would believe you," the man's voice said. I recognized that voice. It was the man who had attacked me in the alley. My blood turned cold, and I backed away from the door, heading back towards the bed. "Gunther, Uriah, find the girl." 

 "Sure thing, Samuel," another voice said. I shivered, and quickly pulled the sheets up on the bed, straightening them out and grabbing all my stuff. I threw the bag in the back of the closet, and slid my feet into my running shoes, backing into the bathroom. 

 "Her scent is on the stairs," another voice said. "Fairly fresh." 

 "That's what happens when people touch things," Damien said. "It starts to smell like them. She was here two days ago." 

 "No no, this is much fresher than two days, Damien."

 "I'm going to tell you one more time, and then I expect you to get the hell out of my house. She isn't here, and she hasn't been in a while. She's safe somewhere else."

 "Well, unless you tell us exactly where she's holed up, then she's here, and we will find her." I bit my lip, backing into the tub. I sat in the corner, and squeezed my eyes shut. The voices were closer now.

 "Oh, God," either Gunther or Uriah said. "Get a whiff of that." 

 "Smells like heaven. That her?"

 "Sure is," the other said. "Smells human, smells wolf, yet doesn't have the smell of any specific pack."

 "Except the kid we have captive back at the territory. She smells like him," the second man said. "Smells a lot like him."

 "Samuel says they're 'together'. Like, together together," said the first. 

 "But he hasn't Mated her yet?" 

 "No," there was a pause. They were at the top of the stairs. "But I've heard she's one hot mutt." I bit my lip, and wrapped my knees around my chest. "You check that bedroom, I'll check this one." If they were at the stairs, there were still five bedrooms they'd have to search before getting to Cal's. I could hear fighting downstairs, and the crash of glass breaking, and then Damien's voice. 

 "You keep your disgusting pack out of my territory!" He called, and there was the yip of a wolf. Then there was a growl, and I knew that both boys downstairs had Shifted.

 "I don't smell her in this room at all," one man said. He was closer. "Should I still check it?" 

 "Of course, idiot. There are ways to mask your scent, you know." There was silence upstairs, but downstairs the sound of fighting rang out loud. Then, there were footsteps. Right outside Calix's bedroom door. I heard the door creak open, and there was the sound of a low, guttural growl; half human, half animal. "She's got to be in here," the first man said. "God, it smells just like him. It's almost overpowering, but... but she's definitely been here. Recently. Way recently." 

 The second man joined him, and I thought I could hear him grin. "Good work, Gunther."

 "Her scent is the freshest on the bed, but it's almost overpowered by his," Gunther said. "I thought you said they hadn't Mated?"

 "They haven't," Uriah said. "She's probably been staying here while he's been gone. Check the closet." I froze, and took a deep breath. The closet was right next to the bathroom door. They were so close, and the sounds of fighting from downstairs had gotten louder. 

"Lookie what I found," Gunther said. "Her bag. She's definitely here."

 "Or her stuff is just here. They're together, remember? I wouldn't be surprised if she kept stuff here."

 "No way, man. It's almost overpowering how strong it smells. It's just been touched." "Is this the bathroom door?"

 "How would I know?" The knob twisted, and I choked back a sob, covering my mouth with my hands. 

Luckily, it was locked, so I bought myself more time. I jumped up, and ran to the door, leaning against it. 

"Locked," Gunther said. "We've found her."

   "Oh, Miss Akina," Uriah's voice sang. "Just come out now and we won't hurt you. We won't lay a single finger on you, you've just got to come out. Alpha will be so happy to see you- well, after he gets over his anger that you've been fraternizing with the enemy Beta." 

 "Come on out, girl," Gunther said. "We'll get you whether you participate or not, so you might as well make this easy on us." They waited a minute, and then there was a slam against the door. I bit back a cry, trying to hold the door back, but somehow, the lock turned from the other side. The knob twisted, and I pressed myself against the door, slamming it shut again. I looked around frantically for a window, but they were all closed and locked, and there were screens on all of them. They were across the bathroom.

 "How cute is she, thinking she can keep us out of there," Gunther laughed. "As if." I yelped as the door slammed open, and I fell to my hands and knees. I rolled over, and crawled backwards along the floor.

 "Leave me alone!" I cried, standing and running to the smallest window. I unlocked it and threw it open reaching through and ripping a hole in the screen. A hand wrapped around my waist, and a huge, tall, thick man pulled me down. 

"Bring her downstairs, Gunther," Uriah said, watching from the doorway. I slammed my elbow into his gut, and Gunther let out a hard groan, his grip loosening on me. I ran for the window, sticking one hand out, but my other arm was grabbed by a strong hand, tugging me back down. I looked behind me, slamming my fist into Uriah's nose. He hissed, but didn't budge, only tightening his grip on me. 

"Let go!" I screamed, thrashing in his arms. Finally, I got into the position to be able to slam my heel where the sun don't shine, and made sure it counted. Uriah screamed, doubling over, and I smiled, but only for a split second before darting back for the window. 

 "You bitch," he snarled, and grabbed my hair. I screamed, kicking out and trying to slam my fist or foot anywhere it could find, but soon, I was pinned against the wall, my hands behind my back. "This could've gone the easy way, girl. We could've come in and out, and no one would be hurt."

 "I don't go down easy," I growled, and slammed my heel into his shin. Uriah let go of me, but as soon as he did, Gunther was there, grabbing me around the middle and turning me to face him. 

 "Give it up," he snarled. "You can't take down the both of us."

 "Hasn't been too hard so far," I replied, slamming my knee into his stomach. He grunted, but instead of letting me loose, slapped me across the face, bringing me down to my knees. My vision blurred, and the taste of blood was evident in my mouth. The ring he wore cut a gash into my cheek, but I felt it healing even as it bled.

 "I said, give. It. Up." 

 "Never," I hissed, kicking him in the knee and making a break for the door. As soon as I threw it open, I froze. In front of me, a man with bright red eyes and pale hair stood waiting, a smirk on his face.

 "Well well well, look who it is. Akina, right? How great it is to see you again," Samuel said, grinning down at me. Hands wrapped around me from behind, one man on either side. I felt weak, knowing I had lost. And I was so close. So close to getting away. "Bring her to the car, boys. Tie her up tight, she's small and could slip out of the cuffs. Bind and gag."

 I still struggled against Gunther and Uriah's hands as they dragged me downstairs, and couldn't help but wonder how Samuel had managed to take down Damien, and look as though he hadn't lifted a finger. But when I got downstairs, pushing Damien's unconscious body away from the door, were two other wolves. Samuel had had two others do his dirty work. 

 Outside, I squinted against the bright sunlight, stopping in the doorway. It was hard to walk, and my head was pounding, my eyesight blurred.

 "Uriah, I think you gave her a concussion," Gunther said, yanking me forward. "She isn't walking in a straight line, and keeps wobbling."

 "She'll manage to heal herself before she gets to Alpha. We'll have her sedated in the car." A silver SUV sat waiting at the curb, with a burly man behind the wheel.

 "That's the cure?" He asked, disbelieving. "She's more like a key-chain version." 

 I wanted to retort, but before I could, a rag was tied around my mouth, and zip ties were wrapped around my wrists. I growled anyway, and Gunther laughed, shoving me towards the back doors. Samuel stepped into the passenger seat, the two men from outside slid into the very back, and Gunther and Uriah lifted me into the middle seats, one of them sitting on either side of me.

 Gunther grabbed a bandana from the door, and Uriah grabbed a silver case from under his seat. I watched, fear filling my system, as he opened it to reveal a huge syringe and needle. He dipped it into the small vial, and filled the syringe with a pink, clear fluid. I tried to inch away as he turned towards me, but Gunther was on my other side, tying the bandana over my eyes, and I was suddenly blind. Uriah's fingers pressed against my arm, and his voice was deep in my ear.

 "It'll hurt a lot, trust me. But don't worry, it only immobilizes you. You'll still be able to hear everything we have planned for you." 

 "Uriah, that's a huge dose for such a small girl. Don't you think you should lessen it?" Gunther asked.

 "It's fine, Gunther. Leave it alone," Uriah growled, and I felt the bite of the needle- but bite wasn't a good enough word. It felt like a knife in my skin.

 I wanted to cry out, but the rag in my mouth made it hard to make any noise. And then my limbs started going numb. The tingling sent shivers through my body, and I could still feel myself shaking. 

"Shit, Uriah! You should've lessened the dose!"

   I couldn't control my body, and soon, I felt myself slipping under, unable to think, unable to hear... and I passed out. It was darker than I had ever seen in my life. 

A/N: Hope you enjoyed the chapter! I know it's kind of cheesy at this point, but it is a werewolf novel, so... 

Okay when I transferred this from my microsoft app to Wattpad the formatting was way off, and I had to re-do all the paragraphs and stuff like that, so I apologize if it's off. 

See you guys next week!

<3, Libbi Lace

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

175K 6.8K 74
The demon - he only liked one thing shedding blood of people, enjoying to make them suffer. Enjoying to see them dead but until he meet this girl. So...
2 0 3
BOOK ONE *Completed* Zoey Cooper's life changes dramatically when she learns that werewolves are real. Not only are they real... but her best friend...
2.2K 56 41
this story is about a teenage girl, who's life was normal until, she met HIM, a werewolf who fell head over heals in love with her..want to know why...
3.1K 167 31
(Cliche vampire story) (Beware for this book is terrible) (JUST A NOTE THAT THIS BOOK IS ONLY STILL PUBLISHED BECAUSE IT WAS THE FIRST THING I WROTE...