DESTINED

By parkkim_fics

Love is different for everyone...let's see what happens when two hopeless romantic best friends find their fo... More

Characters
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.

22.

29 2 2
By parkkim_fics

I was getting ready in my room, and Veer was about to arrive soon to pick me up. The evening event was scheduled for 7 pm, and it was already 6:15; I was running late.

After setting my hair, I took a final look at myself in the mirror and smiled, satisfied with the result.

Donning a black cocktail dress that reached my ankles, adorned with balloon sleeves, it exuded elegance.

I let my hair cascade down my shoulders, and a touch of minimal makeup completed the look. I looked beautiful.

The car horn signaled Veer's arrival. Grabbing my bag, I stole one last glance at myself, locked the door, and finally left home in heels.

Walking towards him, I found him standing in front of my house, leaning on his car, and engrossed in a call.

Lost in admiration, I didn't notice when he ended the call and turned to look at me.

Still lost in his gaze, I felt him pulling me closer, holding my waist.

"You look beautiful," he whispered softly, gently tucking some strands of my hair behind my ears.

I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"You too," I replied.

"What? Beautiful!?" he gasped dramatically.

"No, silly, obviously handsome," I said, playfully smacking his head.

"Ow! I know, I know, I was just joking," he said, rubbing the spot I had hit.

Chuckling, I tiptoed and kissed his cheek.

"Is it okay now?"

"No, here too," he said, pointing at the other cheek.

I smiled and leaned in to kiss his other cheek.

Stepping back, I saw him smiling at me with heart eyes.

Our moment was interrupted by my ringing phone.

He groaned, and I chuckled, moving away from his hold to answer Shreesha's call.

She was coming with Ayansh.

After the call, I looked at Veer, who was already looking at me.

"Come on, we are already late. She is going to kill us," I exclaimed.

He nodded with a smile, opened the door for me, and I thanked him before getting into the passenger seat.

After closing the door gently, he walked to the driver's seat and started the car. We buckled our seatbelts, and I leaned back, enjoying the soft music already playing.

We didn't engage in much conversation during the drive, just some random talks.

Finally, after half an hour, we reached our destination.

Parking the car, we got out, and I dusted off my dress to ensure it looked good.

Taking out my phone, I opened the camera to look at myself one last time, and threw it back into my purse.

I walked towards Veer, who was standing and staring at me.

Wrapping my arm around his, I smiled.

"Shall we go?" I exclaimed.

He smiled and kissed the top of my head. "Yeah, let's go."

As we walked towards the hall, I heard my name being called.

Turning around, I saw Shreesha coming towards us with a wide smile.

"You look awesome, bish!" she squealed and jumped on me.

In the impact, I stumbled back, but Veer held me from behind, steadying me.

"Oh, sorry!" she exclaimed, backing away and scratching the back of her neck, feeling embarrassed.

Finally, I got a good look at her. We had bought the same dresses but in different colors.

She was wearing the same dress as mine but in off-white. Her hair was down on her shoulder, and the simplicity of her look added to her beauty.

"I couldn't handle my excitement," she nervously laughed.

"Bro, you look beautiful," she continued with a squeal.

"You too, bish! Look at yourself; you look gorgeous," I exclaimed, looking at her and smiling widely.

She smiled widely and squealed, "I know, after all, you chose my dress, right?" she flirted.

I smacked her arm. "At least stop now, we both have boyfriends."

She pouted, rubbing her arm where she got hit.

"What can I do? I can't resist when you are with me," she innocently said

"Ayoo! Stay away from my girlfriend!" said Veer, pulling me closer.

"She was my girlfriend before yours," she argued, pulling me back to her.

"But now she is mine, so back off," Veer said, flicking her forehead and pulling me behind him.

Not again!

I stood there, watching them argue, when I felt a presence beside me. I looked and saw Ayansh standing beside me, looking at them with confusion.

He was wearing the same color shirt as Shreesha, twinning with her like we did, he asked me in slow voice, "What's happening?"

"Nothing, just an everyday thing,"

I said and sighed.

"You—" Shreesha was about to hit Veer again when Ayansh walked forward, held her by the waist, and pulled her back.

"Whoa, whoa, love, calm down," he said, trying to diffuse the situation.

I walked towards Veer, who was groaning.

"Bc khati kya hai tu, kitna jor se laga!" he complained, rubbing his arm.

"Haha, gym jaane ka fayda kya hua agar itne mein lag gayi," she mocked.

Ayansh was still holding her, trying to control his laughter, while I was doing the same, holding Veer's arm.

"Who tujhe batane ke zarurat jese janna tha usko pata hai," Veer smirked at me.

I smacked his arm.

"Shut up, don't drag me into this," I exclaimed.

They were about to start again when someone called our names. We turned around to see a familiar woman standing in front of us.

Shreesha and I shared a glance, and I saw her smirking.

Getting out of Ayansh's hold, Shreesha fixed herself.

"Oh hey, Shrutika, how have you been?" I exclaimed, walking towards her, leaving Veer behind.

"Hey, Mehta! Long time, huh?" Shreesha joined me.

I could sense the sarcasm in her voice and laughed internally.

"I'm fine. What about you?" she asked.

"We're fine as always," Shreesha replied, and we greeted each other 

We were engrossed in conversation when she suddenly looked behind and asked, "Who are they?" referring to Veer and Ayansh.

We turned to see them staring at us with blank expressions.

Veer seemed displeased, while Ayansh remained composed.

"Uh-oh, we forgot to introduce them," Shreesha squealed and walked towards Ayansh. "This is Ayansh, Ayansh Suryavanshi, my boyfriend," she said with a smirk.

I glanced back at Shrutika, who now wore a shocked expression.

"Ayansh Suryavanshi means the chairman of Modish!?" she exclaimed. Shreesha nodded.

Meanwhile, I walked towards Veer and held his arm. "And this is Veer Advani, my boyfriend," I said.

Shrutika looked at us for a while, as if contemplating something.

"You mean the owner of BioMed Pharmaceuticals!?" she again exclaimed in shock, and I nodded. There was a moment of silence as she looked at us, and then she mocked, "Kuch hua nahi toh last option yahi bacha, huh?"

We exchanged confused glances.

"What do you mean?" Shreesha asked before I could say anything.

"Ameer ladke fasa liye, huh?" she said again with a mocking smirk.

"Listen—" Veer began to say angrily, but we heard a voice.

"Shrutikaka, what are you doing? Let's go," came a man from behind her.

We looked at him, and it was one of our employee, Vinod.

"Oh, ma'am, what are you guys doing here?" he exclaimed, looking at both of us.

Shrutika asked him, "You know them?"

"Yeah, they are my bosses," he replied.

Her face turned pale as she looked at us.

We had never revealed our faces to the media; our company was famous, but no one knew about the owners, except the people who worked with us.

"We were here for an event, but how do you know her?" I pointed at Shrutika.

"Oh, she's my fiancée. We came here for her college's reunion party," Vinod said with a smile. Shreesha looked at me with a smile.

"Oh, fiancé, huh? You never told her about us," Shreesha exclaimed, smirking at Shrutika, who was still in shock.

"Oh, actually, we didn't get to talk to each other much. Our marriage was just fixed a few days ago, but she knew where I work," Vinod explained politely.

"Ohh, I guess you would be surprised to know that we and your fiancé were classmates and good friends at some point," I added.

"Oh, is it? My pleasure knowing that," he exclaimed.

"By the way, what are you doing these days?" Shreesha said mockingly, looking at Shrutika, who had come out of shock.

"Uh, actually—"

"She is actually finding a job right now, but she can't find one," Vinod said, cutting her off.

"Ohh," Shreesha tsked, looking at Shrutika, who looked down embarrassedly.

"Let's go inside," she said, pulling Vinod with her and not letting him speak.

After they went out of our view, I couldn't control my laughter.

"You saw her face," Shreesha said, laughing loudly with me.

We were laughing when Ayansh chimed in, "That was the best way to shut her up without doing anything."

"Vinod ne toh usko apni aukat dikha di," Veer laughed.

We were laughing like crazy and after composing ourselves we headed inside.

Our evening started like this, and god knows what this evening held for us.

Word count-1623
Hope you like this chap
Please vote and comment down your thoughts 😗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.6K 525 21
Many people come and go in our life but only few people meet unexpectedly and become our life and reason to breathe, Maybe that's how destiny works i...
1.7K 165 21
• A love-hate love story • Only if they hadn't bumped into each other none of them would be in this hot mess. But they were destined to meet afterall...
5.8K 291 23
Their families are friends but they hate each other. He thinks her is an immature , stubborn , and spoiled girl with childish behaviour . And she t...
Sweet Souls By Mysticc

General Fiction

8.5K 528 11
Beautiful tale of a hardworking women and a topmost CEO.They know eachother from last 4 years and the only relation they share now is purely professi...