Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Hope...

Door ECHO-173

In a world full of Pokémon there are endless mysteries that are unsolvable or too dangerous for others to fin... Meer

Prequel: The Beginning of the story
Chapter 1: New life, New world, New times
Chapter 2: A peaceful town and a "Quiet" Guild.
Chapter 3: What even is a Mystery Dungeon? Part 1
Chapter 4: What even is a Mystery Dungeon? Part 2
Chapter 6: The More You Know
Chapter 7: Friends close and Enemies at a closer range.
Chapter 8: Big Mission
Chapter 9: Stay Away Trio

Chapter 5: Enter the danger

19 3 0
Door ECHO-173

Last Time: After they have survived their battle with the Clay, the Golurk who was a Cross-Void who can understand the human language calling Nero friend, they find themselves entering another battle with a threat to the town they were heading to.

Team Hope, Nero the Riolu, Bianco the Zangoose, Hale the Eevee, and Rusty the Scrafty were riding on the back of their newest ally, Clay the Golurk, flying over Bacchus town and seeing all the damaged buildings and some of the Pokémon on the ground. Something they noticed was near the town looked to be a plateau with one side of it having a large hole almost like a cave entrance, Nero didn't know what but it felt like the cave was calling to him, telling him to get close to it.

The team then noticed the group of Pokémon in the town center, some wearing cloaks, this was followed by Clay falling to the ground so they would face their now enemies. Once they were about to land one of the Pokémon wearing a cloak and laying on the ground rolled out of the way as they landed as they all gathered around. "Sorry everyone, but we're here to "Crash" this fight!" Bianco said making a pun, everyone who heard looked at them with annoyance at the dumb pun, and Nero just chuckled at it, he thought it was funny.

"Really? That was bad... by the way, who are you guys? Members of a guild?" Said the Pokémon who was lying down before he got up but only sat down with his legs crossed. Nero noticed his body, they had greyish legs and a beastly face, he knew what this Pokémon was, but he just couldn't put his mind to it.

"Yeah, we're all from a guild, we're Team Hope! Now, who are you all?" Bianco said as he tried to take the situation seriously, these five Pokémon did so much damage, the other Pokémon around town were all beaten, and some looked worse for wear. All of them knew they were a threat.

"Oh, we're just simple bandits, that." Said the lazy Pokémon with a voice that didn't sound all too convincing.

"Yeah right, you guys don't look like bandits, too small a group and you're focusing on destruction and not looting," Bianco said to the lazy Pokémon who might be the leader.

"Oh, right, we are too small a group... delinquents that just out of school and want to let out our frustration over failed test scores!" Said the leader. While he was trying to make up a cover, Ivan had moved from behind him to see who had landed before them all, his vision was blocked by their leader and saw the team.

Nero was the first to see them and pointed them out with Ivan also pointing at the Riolu. "YOU AGAIN?!" They both said in unison. "You're that jerk that burned down my friend's home!"

"Whoa, you burned down a home, which is rude Ivan." Said the leader as he shook his head.

"Whatever! This is the Riolu punk that slashed my eyelashes and made them uneven!" Ivan said in frustration.

"Whoa, you slashed his eyelash, which is rude Riolu kid." said the leader as he turned to Nero and shook his head.

"GAH! Pompey, take this seriously! That's the Riolu I told you all about!" Ivan shouted at their leader. The cloaked figure looked at Nero and back to Ivan, he did this for a while, scanning the situation. The leader then busted up laughing, it was almost like he was told a hilarious joke that was gut-wrenching. "What's so funny?!"

"You lost to a child?! HAHAHA! You're what? A young teen? You lost to a kid! That is priceless! Anyway, in actual seriousness..." The leader named Pompey had lifted themself and dusted off some dust from their cloak to present himself. "...they are in our way. They also know what we are current?"

"Wait... are all of you Cross-Voids?" Nero had asked if Ivan was with them then it had to be that they were all like Ivan, a Pokémon fused with another.

"Oh, so he does know," Pompey said rather unimpressed and finished brushing himself off. Ivan told them that some Pokémon from the guild did find out about what a cross-void is, or rather he just told them that they read his mind, luckily Al didn't snitch on him as he did blab about being a Cross-void and that Espeon could read minds. "What else do you know kid?"

"I know you guys are jerks and evil!" Nero said as he pointed to the group.

"What? No, we're not jerks or evil, what makes you say that?" Pompey said before both Nero, Bianco, and Rusty pointed around at the destruction around them. "Oh, yeah, we did do this, um, would you believe me if I said someone else did this?"

"You just admitted to doing this!" Bianco yelled out at the Pokémon. "Who are you guys?"

"Oh, we're just a few Pokémon doing what we want, causing chaos, starting fights, ripping tags off of bedsheets, that sort of thing." Pompey said as reached out a muscular blue-gray arm with thin red lines like hairs. He grabbed his cloak and threw it off of him, revealing his muscular body with what looked like briefs under a championship belt, his head had three brown ridges atop his head which had a reptilian shape to it. He was a Machoke, the Superpower Pokémon. "But we are also a threat to you now. So, I see like this, five of you, five of us, one-vs-one fights anyone, like the good old days."

"Dibs on the Riolu, I want payback for my eyelash!" Ivan said as he readied himself for a fight.

Two of the three remaining stepped forward and removed their cloaks, One of them had a white lower body with rounded hips like baggy pants or something, its upper body was pine green with a red spike in its chest and back, and its arms looked like blades, a light green mohawk adorn its head like a gladiator helmet, their face had spikes on the side which added more intimidation to its cold glare. This was Gallade, the Blade Pokémon.

The other one had metallic shins and feet above the knees had thighs larger and red, with its shoulders resembling shoulder pads, its body and arms were jet black with its hands looked like armored metal with blades sticking out of them, same with a set of blades like crescent moons out of their torso. They had a golden face with black lines on their chin with what looked like a red helmet that also had a blade mohawk. This was Bisharp, the Sword Blade Pokémon.

The Bisharp noticed their last member not stepping forward. "Doctor? You're not fighting?"

The last member shocked their head. "I'd rather look into that ruin the plateau near town. Besides, by the looks of it, they look to be mostly children, I don't fight children, Mister Delos. I hope you and Corinth do well on your fight, I say that because I don't want to patch you both up again." They then turned and started to float off the ground and away from the group.

"Well, if that's wants." The Bisharp named Delos said as he turned to the group and to the Gallade named Corinth. "Any preferences since Ivan wants the Riolu? It's clear who Pompey will go for."

"I'll take the Scrafty, I'll give you the easy job like always." Said the Gallade named Corinth.

"Easy job? I don't take the easy route, you take the Zangoose and Eevee then, the Scrafty is mine now!" Delos said in a voice that sounded impatient.

"I can take on the Scrafty, but he could beat you since you are a Dark and Steel type." Corinth said with such boldness to his comrade, that it was clear he didn't mind harming his emotions.

"Why you little--" Delos then turns his attention to Corinth with his blades ready for cutting, Corinth noticed this and turned to them with their arm blades growing sharper than before.

Before the two could fight, Pompey stood between them grabbed the side of their heads, and slammed them into each other, he then forced them to turn back to their enemy. "Now, now, no fight among ourselves, our enemy is right there, fight each other later. Corinth, the Scrafty is yours since you called it first, Delos, you're lucky, you can take on both the Zangoose or the Eevee if you want."

"I'll just stick with the Zangoose." Delos said as he and Corinth started to slowly march forward.

"Good, not then, I'll take the Golurk." Pompey said as he started to take a stance, almost like a runner's starting pose that a professional runner would take at races. His legs tightened before he leaps, in just a second, he was from the 20 feet they were before the team and moved to where Clay stood, he threw a punch with dark energy surrounding it as he yelled: "Payback!" Landing a powerful right punch into Clay's chest, it was enough to get them to stumble backward, it was a powerful hit. The smirk Pompey had was clear, but it was washed away when he was punched by a powerful blow from a green fist from Clay's right hand, sending Pompey flying through buildings.

The smoke cleared showing Pompey having their back to them, he then bowed down so low that he looked behind him by looking between his legs to see them. He then turned around to look at them. "Now that was a punch!" Pompey then saw Clay flying towards him with their legs entering his body and like a rocket.

Pompey took another stance like a boxer, ready to throw another punch, but before getting too close, Clay landed their hands on the ground and flipped their body with their lower half right up to Pompey like a cannon aimed right at him. "Oh... Now that is unfair--" Pompey was cut off as a pink blast of energy left Clay and fired a powerful point-blank shot.

The explosion could be seen from where they were, it was at least half a mile from where they were. Corinth walked up to Rusty, with Scrafty being shorter he had to look up and when they were just a foot away from each other Rusty had his hands on his hips and raised his toes to appear higher.

"Iron Head!" Rusty yelled that his head was covered in metal, and he landed a headbutt on Corinth's jaw which stumbled them back, but Corinth retorted with his fist burning with fire as they yelled: "Fire Punch!" landing a clear hit on Rusty's face and sending them into a building. Corinth then followed after Scrafty.

"Rusty!" Nero shouts as he runs over to the fight to try and help but Ivan leaps in front of them. "Out of the way!" Nero said in annoyance at Ivan's action.

"No, One-on-one fights, remember? Payback time for that loose back at the forest!" Ivan said as their claws changed to metal. "Metal Claw!" Ivan shouts as he tries to claw at Nero. He luckily dodged it and leaped back with each attack thrown at him.

Nero summoned the shield to take a hit, his back to a door to a building, he quickly ducked down as Ivan leaped at them again, they crashed through the door and turned to Ivan who charged at them once they got their foot from the failed attack. Nero's shield yelled: "Metal Burst!" firing a metal ball that hit Ivan and exploded on impact.

Bianco and Halo didn't have time to react, the Zangoose kept his focus on the Bisharp and another cloaked Pokémon. The Bisharp then ran towards Bianco, throwing a right punch mixed with a slash but he ducked down and had a dark energy surrounding his claws. "Sorry to 'cut' things short, Night Sl-" Bianco was cut off with a back kick by the Bisharp who kept on turning, hitting the Zangoose with a kick that sent them flying through a window.

The Bisharp looked at the damaged window and then down at the Eevee who backed away out of fear, she had never seen another Pokémon like Bisharp before, it would have been an easy target, but they just turned back to the window and ran towards it. On the inside of the building, Bianco got back up and looked out the window, he felt as if they would go through it at any moment to fight them, but they didn't expect them to just crash through a whole wall.

Delos the Bisharp jumped at Bianco who dodged a slash on their arm blade with a dark energy like Bianco's Night Slash as it cut through a table in half. Bianco backed up to the wall when he saw the dark energy surrounding the blade and leaped to the left as he slashed the wall.

They turned to Bianco, but quickly raised his arm to block something, a door to a closet but their arm blade was stuck into the door which made Bianco laugh. "Hahaha! Door got your arm?" Bianco said and he could have sworn he heard Nero giggling somewhere. He then looked surprised as he saw him raise his arm and cut through the door and lowered it, cutting the door in half.

He noticed that Bianco had something in their paw, a small object that looked like a small boomerang with a purple cloth wrapped around it, and tossed it at Delos, when it poked him in the chest his body was shocked. "Enjoy the Stun Seed, it is shocking!" Bianco said with a grin on his face and at that time he definitely heard Nero laughing somewhere. "Now, Double Kick!" Bianco said as his feet had a red glow on them before delivering a high roundhouse kick onto the Bisharp's side, they then spun around with a push kick to the chest, doing some serious damage.

When Delos was done being shocked by the item, his head turned to a metallic color, and he yelled" "Metal Head!" Hitting Bianco hard and sending them flying through a wall. "Ow! My important body parts..." Bianco said through the hole in the wall.

Outside, Halo looked at where everyone had gone. Everyone had someone to fight, and she saw the last Pokémon who was still floating in the air. A part of her wanted to do something too, help out! She watched as the Pokémon turned around and started to float away. Halo then charged at him screaming. The cloaked Pokémon turned around to see Halo yelling and she leaped at the yelling: "Tackle!"

Halo had hit them dead on their chest as hard as she could. Once she landed on the ground after hitting them, looking up at the enemy in front of her. There was a moment of silence, almost like an awkward situation had happened. The cloak Pokémon then let out a loud and painful scream and fell to the ground lying down. Halo looked at the down enemy and cheered, she won that fight, her real first fight. "YES! I did it, I beat up a bad guy!" She then did a little dance for her victory.

She then looked around and thought of helping one of her friends but then heard a groaning sound. She saw it come from a Pokémon. It was a Murkrow but its body was pink, it was a shiny one due to it being a different color. "Are you okay?" Halo asked them concerned.

"A little bit, those Pokémon came to our town and started to attack everyone after they were asking questions..." The Shiny Murkrow tried to get up off the ground, but they looked hurt and covered in dirt. "AH!" The Shiny Murkrow looked at the Eevee and had a thought. "Child listen, there is a Kecleon shop that has a roof that looks like one, they'll have Health and Revival Orbs, if you could grab some and bring them it will help a lot of Pokémon."

"Okay, I understand!" Halo said as she ran off only to stop and turn back around to the Murkrow. "Um... what does a Health Orb and revive orb look like?" Halo asked.

The Murkrow had a sweat mark on the back of their head, this Eevee was a child and was probably sheltered or something. "Both are green orbs with one having a yellow ring in one and a revive seed in the other..."

"Right!" Halo then ran off again as fast as she could, but she stopped as she noticed the box that Clay had left on the ground, it was as big as her, but she picked it up off the ground, it was luckily light despite its size and ran to the shop. She was out of view and once she was Murkrow stood up with no issue, dusting himself off as the damage they had was dirt and the pink turned black.

"Well, that was easy, didn't know why you sent me a mental message to tell her to leave, Doctor." The Murkrow who was Al the Murkrow. The cloak Pokémon just floated up off the ground and dusted themself off.

"Cute kid, thought it would make them leave without hurting them or anything, I also wanted to ask on what you learned?" The Cloak Pokémon asked them.

"You know Master is who I'll inform first, now you." Al said to the cloak Pokémon who looked at them, a single pair of eyes glowed from them, green with a thin line connecting them almost like glasses. Al saw their eyes and looked confused. "Are you fine Dr. Orcus?" Al asked.

"Yes Al, everything is fine, but remember to just call me by my title it is my selected codename after all. Unlike Ivan, I keep secrets for a reason, we don't want the whole world to know who we are. Now let's leave to the ruins." The Pokémon named Orcus said as they floated off with Al following them, without knowing the Halo had already found the shop Al told her about and just as fast she found the orbs she was looking for in boxes.

Outside of town, Clay had fired a point-blank at Pompey with a powerful blast. The smoke didn't even clear as the Machoke grabbed the bottom of the barrel of the stone skirt cannon tossed him over his head and slammed him with enough force to blow the snake away. He then started to toss him again like a hammer to the ground but once he was over his head, Clay started to take off again, Pompey was holding on tight as they flew into the sky.

Pompey looked down seeing that they were up high and let go of the Golurk who felt them let go and looked down to the Machoke who had his hands behind his head as if they were lying on the ground with a relaxed look. As they fell down with a portal opening below them and once it closed, they saw them lying on the ground.

Clay aimed their arm at the ground with the hoes he is sticking out of its hand, firing a pink beam at Pompey. Right as it was about to hit, another portal opened with the beam going through it before hitting Clay square in the chest.

They looked at where it came from and saw another portal that was aimed at his chest, they put two-and-two together figuring out that ranged attacks weren't an option and flew towards Pompey with a fist raised. Pompey then stood up and brushed himself off and was getting a punch ready, once Clay was close enough, they threw their fist with all the force they had with both fists colliding leaving a full-force blast.

Back in town, Rusty was fighting the Gallade named Corinth with the Scrafty being launched through the window of a second-floor building, his face was slightly burnt from being punched by a fist on fire. As he got up, he saw Corinth jumping through the same window before making eye contact with each other. Rusty squatted down white making an annoyed face like he was a typical high school punk, the Gallade moved their head around with a cracking sound that could be heard.

The two kept on looking at each other, never affecting their eyes. Rusty then ran out of the room as fast as possible, running through the door. Corinth looked unamused and dashed after them, but once they ran through the door frame, they ducked down to dodge a punch that Rusty threw while they screamed: "Focus Punch!" They were outside of view from the door frame to avoid being seen. The Gallade's fist was then covered in flames again as they yelled: "Fire Punch!" Hitting Rusty in the gut with full force and sending them flying to a wall, crashing into it.

Rusty stood back up and quickly leaped to the left to dodge an attack with Corinth's arm covered in green energy. "Leaf Blade!" Slashing into the wall. He was then caught off guard by Rusty yelling: "Crunch!" and biting down on their arm. "AH! You little--" Corinth said as he then they read another Fire Punch to hit them, but Rusty dodged it by letting go and ended up slamming it to the ground with the wooden floor catching fire.

The two looked at each other for a moment with an awkward silence before the burned floor started to crack then falling apart with the two falling. The fall wasn't too bad, and the dust helped put out the burning wood. The two got back up and looked at each other, they leaped back before standing up them getting in a battle stance but were quickly stopped as Bianco was thrown through a wall.

"Ow! My important body parts..." Bianco said as he stood up and found himself in between the two Pokémon. "Sorry for getting between an enemy quarrel but-- OH BOY!" Bianco then ducked down with the Bisharp named Delos and dashed at them with dark energy on their blade, their Night Slash attack. "Geez, someone likes towing their hands, well blades in this case," Bianco said as he backed away and stood next to Rusty. "Team up?"

"Team up." Rusty said before Bianco tossed him a small bag which he caught, "What's this?"

"Spikes and other seeds I had; I didn't think they would work on Clay." Bianco said as they nodded their heads in agreement and took a battle stance with Rusty looking like a boxer and Bianco raising his claws.

"Well, I guess this turned into a team fight." Corinth said as they shook their heads in disappointment. "I can't believe we have to team up though." When Corinth said that Delos quickly turned to them and looked far more annoyed. "Well then, I guess this means we should stop playing fair..."

Corinth's body then started to change, his upper body changed from dark green to jet black with a burst of purple flames with purple armor over his shoulders having guards and his heart piece covered with the material and over his head forming a helmet with his forehead having three pink indentations on them. His arm blades and mohawk changed to a violet flame-like color with the mohawk releasing flames. His lower body and face changed to a dark blue color with his legs getting the same flames that formed legging-like armor. He blinked his red eyes but once they were opened, they were pink.

Delos' transformation was quicker however, with his lower arms being covered in a sinister energy that covered them before changing to full-on swords to his elbow, longer than they were originally with even guards that had a single eye on each of them. The energy moved onto his back forming a black scarf with the ends of them having a purple wave pattern on them. A metal face mask covered their mouth and the red to his armor changed to a beige color near to gold. "Get ready to fight with real Cross-Void," Delos said as they took a stance.

The two guild members were too shocked to even react with Bianco twitching an eye. "I somehow forgot you guys can do that..."

With Nero, he walked into a building that was like a Wild West saloon with a large open bar with various drinks. There were several tables with some knocked over, and to the left was a sizeable stage for shows for the entertainment of the patrons. There were even stairs leading to a second floor. Nero looked around with his shield out and on guard, he felt like something was close, even watching him. He then remembered: Right, I'm a Riolu, I can scenes aura.

Nero closed his eyes and sensed something, a large amount of something being the bar table, it was like a line of small Pokémon. He then walked over to the bar and leaped onto the table to see something he didn't expect, a few Pokémon, around ten or twelve small Pokémon hiding, all of them had to have been child Pokémon. He then noticed that another Pokémon was guarding the quivering Pokémon children.

This Pokémon was like a living olive tree with vine-like arms with large olives on their arms. It was Arboliva, the Olive Pokémon. The Arboliva stuck their head up upon seeing Nero, looking around, she was looking to see if he was either alone or with the Pokémon who attacked their town, after seeing no one else, they picked up Nero and placed them on the other side for cover. "Who are you?" The Arboliva asked.

"I'm Nero... Nero the Riolu, I'm with the Grand Light Expedition Guild." Nero explained.

"Whoa a real guild member, so cool." Said a Bonsly who was hiding.

"He looks young too, can I join?" Said a Wynaut who was in front of the Bonsly.

"I'm hungry." Said a Munchlax who didn't even look concerned.

"They sent real help this quickly. They only attacked us about an hour ago..." The Arboliva said before noticing Nero's badge that was placed on his armband, seeing he was only a rookie rank. "They sent you? Are you alone?"

"No, we just wanted to visit your town after we cleared a mission, but we got here soon after seeing the smoke." Nero said with the Arboliva looking down before turning to the children. "I wasn't alone though, and other members of our guild will be here soon too."

The Arboliva looked back to Nero with a smile. "That's great to hear, those five came to our town about three hours ago and started attacking others. I'm just a teacher and winemaker so I don't know any attack moves other than Energy Ball but I'm not that powerful, I got my students to safety. I did overhear them after about an opening in a cave, but no one looked into it at all." The Arboliva then noticed one of her students starting to lightly cry before comforting them. "I hope the parents are alright, some of these kids are only four or five years old, the town didn't have kids before since it was mostly made of pottery and drinks, but more and more families came along..."

Nero felt like he needed to do something, deep down he always believed in something that was in his heart, help out because it was the right thing to do. He then stood up so the kids would notice him. "Don't worry, me and my friends will save the day. Just be brave kids, because big bro Nero will help out."

The kids all looked up to Nero with sparkles in their eyes and inspiration. That glimmer of hope was washed away when they heard chuckling and looked up to see Ivan on the second-floor Mezzanine, his body was pitch black with burning cracks over his body, he was in his Cross-Void form. "Cute, but unlike last time, I'll wipe the floor with you. Flamethrower!"

Ivan then blasts a stream of flames from his mouth towards them, Nero stands on the table with his shield, ready to take the hit before hearing: "Protect!" From the shield with a wall of green energy that blocked out the flames. Whoa, this shield knows more defensive moves? I should practice with this more. Nero thought before dodging out of the way by sliding to the right as Ivan jumped and landed on the counter.

As Ivan turned to Nero, they heard the Arboliva saying: "Energy Ball!" With green ball of energy flies toward Ivan and hits them from behind knocking them off balance and Nero takes this chance with his shield turning to a silver color. "Metal Claw!" Nero swung the shield like a claw high, aiming for his head for a critical hit, but Ivan backed away slipped off the counter, and landed on the opposite side of the floor. "AH!" Ivan screamed before getting up and covering his eyes before removing them, showing no difference, not up close. "What is with you and cutting my eyelashes unevenly?! It's the same pair from last time and you cut them nearly clean off!" Ivan shouts as he points to his eye that had almost their eyelashes missing other than small stumps. "C'mon, man! I need those to keep dust out of my eyes."

"Sorry-- Not wait, I'm not, you burned down my friend's house and attacked this town!" Nero said as he changed his shield to his sword and was ready to attack. Arboliva then stood up with her vine-like hands glowing with white energy and then pointed to Nero with both hands his glowing the same color too. "Helping Hand!" she said Nero feeling more powerful Nero ran with his sword's blade glowing silver before swinging it like a baseball bat. "Metal Claw!"

Ivan was too distorted about his damaged eyelashes, so he didn't see Nero hitting them with his weapon, hitting Ivan with full force mixed with the help of Arboliva and sent him flying out of the building through a window. "AH! You little brat, I'll-- AH! DUST IN MY EYES! THIS IS WHY EYELASHES ARE IMPORTANT!" Ivan screamed from the outside.

Nero ran out from the door to see Ivan rubbing his eye to get any dust out of it. Ivan then noticed Nero and raised his claws with one of his eyes twitching. "This is just getting embarrassing! How am I losing to a little kid?!" Ivan screamed.

"Little kid?! I'm 10, not little!" Nero yelled at Ivan, who then looked shocked by this information.

"Wait, you're only 10? What the heck! I'm 14!" Ivan screamed in frustration as he felt even more humiliated by this fact.

"Yeah, I'd be embarrassed too!" Someone shouted before Ivan turned around to see three Pokémon who dashed over and surrounded the Sneasel. The one who spoke was a large panda-like Pokémon looking like it had a rough-looking coat with coattails. It was Pangoro, the Daunting Pokémon.

Standing to his left was a large crocodile-like Pokémon standing on its hind legs with a tan body, pink belly, black stripes across their body, and had what looked like shades on its eyes when it was actually a part of their body. It was Krokorok, the Decert Croc Pokémon.

Standing to Pangoro's right was a small Pokémon with a green round body with spikes on its baggy arms and body, their legs even looked more like spikes, they even had a crown on their head. Their eyes and mouth looked more like holes. This was Cacnea, the Cactus Pokémon.

Ivan looked around to see the Pokémon who walked up to him with the Pangoro cracking their knuckles. "So, who are you?" They asked with Ivan not backing down but before anything was done, both Bianco and Rusty jumped out of opened windows who did a back flip to make distance, but it was for nothing as the two they were running from had followed after them.

Both Cross-Voids of Corinth the Glade and Delos the Bisharp rammed through the wall. The two ran up to them with Corinth's arm glowing with brighter flames and yelling: "Bitter Blade!" Slashing at Rusty which knocked them down to the ground.

"RUSTY!" Bianco yelled to his fallen friend as the Bisharp slashed at them with a Night Slash at him tried to hit them again but was stopped by the Krokorok grabbing their bladed arm with their teeth and yelling: "Crunch!"

Delos managed to get their arm out of the Krokorok's mouth to take a step back. Corinth looked around to see the other Pokémon who had just arrived and wondered who they were but when he turned to the fallen Scrafty he saw the Pangoro was standing in front of them, he noticed an armband with a badge with red wings on a Poke ball with a pink top and the button being red. An Ultra rank? Corinth thought with some panic in their mind but when they turned his view to their eyes, he didn't see them move to throw a punch with their fist covered in electricity surrounding it. "Thunder Punch!" Hitting them in the face, the blow was strong enough to crash him into the ground with a creator being formed around the Gallade's head. Such power! Corinth thought.

The Pangoro stood over the fallen Pokémon and readied another punch only to leap away as Delos slashed with his Night Slash attack only to miss them. The Pangoro took a stand to throw a punch but switched to use their arms to block something, it was an attack with the Gallade had managed to get back onto their feet to attack with him using the Bitter Blade move on them.

The Cross-Void Gallade was breathing heavily, their faces were stoic at first before becoming rather serious at the matter. Before anyone could do anything, they felt someone grab the back of their head with something hitting it, they heard: "Iron Head!" The full force of Rusty's now metal-coated head slammed into the back of Corinth's doing damage. Corinth swung back with a bladed arm, but Rusty had backflipped away, he could see the Cacnea who was with the other Pokémon holding a small bag.

His view turned back to Rusty who threw a stun seed at them which hit them in the chest. As they were stunned by the item, Rusty pounced on them. "Growlth Pile!" They shouted with the Krokorok and Pangoro also jumping onto the Gallade as a dog pile to keep them down before the Cacnea also jumped onto the pile landing Rusty's back and harming him. "AH! LIME! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! GET OFF!" Rusty shouted before they were all knocked off of them with Corinth yelling: "Sacred Sword!" With both of their arms covered in a bitter dark light, swatting them back.

Nero was watching all this and wanted to help but before he even moved, he felt something on the edge of his neck and saw a blade at the side of his neck. He saw it was Delos the Cross-Void Bisharp. They then removed the blade from Nero. "Stick to your own battle kid, you don't stand a chance." He took a step back confusing Nero before remembering Ivan who dashed at them and tackled the Riolu to the side. "Now back to--" Delos turned back to Bianco who tossed an eye-shaped seed with orange lines with a dot in the center, once it hit them it released a small blast of light around his eyes. "AH! Was that a Blinker seed?!"

"Yeap! I tossed in the 'Blink' of the eye!" Bianco said with him hearing Nero laughing. He then uses Night Slash on Delos who swings around trying to hit them, but they have no idea where they were due to them being blinded by the Blinker seed. Bianco then heard something, looking behind him, and saw a large cloud of dust just outside of town.

Elsewhere, at the plateau with the large hole like a huge entrance. The cloaked Pokémon and Al the Murkrow entered inside it but turned back as they heard the sound of an explosion going off and saw a large forming of cloud in the distance near the town. "It seems Pompey is having fun?" The Cloaked Pokémon called Orcus said as they continued into the entrance that didn't lead to a cave but rather the inside of a temple.

The inside was a large temple that was over 300 ft in length, the walls and floor covered in dirt and dust, but the material was a tan and cream color, it was mostly travertine and granite with pillars reaching to the ceiling that were 40 ft in height. Orcus floated over to one of the pillars, and light flashed out of their eyes like a flashlight, aiming the light at the pillar and noticed a marking on it, it was written in human language. "Hmm, interesting..." they said before noticing a carving of a large titan figure with six hands floating around them. "Master might want to see this."

A portal opened up behind them with a set of spheres that had fins that looked like solar panels on their sides with a screen in the center of them with 8-bit digital eyes on them along with an antenna on top of their bodies. Their eyes turned all blue with light leaving them and scanned over the markings. Orcus then moved to the center of the room and noticed the other end having a set of large doors pushed open, pushed into the large room they were in now, so something left the room. "What could be in there?"

They started to float to the door but stopped after hearing the sound of someone screaming. "HEY! You tricked me, bad guy!" They turned around to see Halo the Eevee at the entrance, a look of fury on her face. Earlier when she returned with the healing items for the people of the town, she noticed both the enemy she had "beaten" and the Murkrow who needed help but saw they were gone, she did see them from a distance and ran over to the entrance but ask some Pokémon to watch the box Clay had, some tried to protest her from following them but she didn't listen to them.

Orcus looked at Halo but shouted back. "No, I was down but had a revival seed!" They shouted rather calmly, this made Halo look happy with her tail starting to wag with joy at this lie. She then tried to look serious and ran into the temple but the moment she stepped onto the floor blue lights surrounded the cracks, lines, and carvings on the walls and pillars. "What? Did all this get set off because of her walking on the floor?" Orcus said to himself out loud before seeing the light showing large holes in the wall, they weren't damaged but were there with how smooth they were and in patterns.

The holes then shot out large tan spheres that landed on the ground and rolled around, there were around thirty of them before they stopped to surround Orcus and Al, each had a sphere-like body with short limbs popping out of the body, they looked like Golett, the Automaton Pokémon, but instead of having a light blue body, they had the same color as the temples.

Halo ran up to the large group of Pokémon, there were many, but she didn't care, she wanted to be part of the action. She couldn't get further due to the crowd of odd Goletts with one turning around to look at Halo. She was a little terrified as they did look like Clay who was a serious powerhouse, but in their eyes, they saw Halo with a white aura around her and turned back to Ocrus and Alan who had a sinister and dark aura and they all marched towards them.

Halo jumped on one of their backs and then proceeded to climb it like it was a tree from the forest she was raised in, but she didn't expect for the Golett's limbs and head to retreat back into their body. She looked around and saw other Goletts doing the same thing, and all started to roll towards the two evil Pokémon with Halo running backwards to stay on the living ball she was riding. But before crashing into Ocrus, he just simply floated up with the Golett Halo was riding crash into another which sent her flying toward the opposite side of the temple near the open door.

One Golett made a dark sphere and launched it at them and hits them with a vail of smoke covering them. When the smoke cleared, his cloak was destroyed revealing his body, it was extraterrestrial in shape, its body was a light brown color with an oblong head that looked more like a long UFO along with two dents in the side of its head and black marking on his forehead with green eyes that were connected together. He had a trench coat-like torso with light brown buttons and collar. Their arms had no real hands but three digits that were red, yellow, and green lights. They also had very stubby legs. This was Beheyeem, the Cerebral Pokémon.

Another Golett fired another attack at Orcus who swerved out of the way and made his own dark sphere and yelled: "Shadow Ball!" Before throwing it at the Golett that hit him, the blast was powerful with it hitting the side of it, its body cracked and fell apart with the inside of it revealing machinery instead of something spectral or haunting like another Ghost-Type Pokémon. "My, my, it seems that these Goletts are actually artificial. Hmm, Al, leave this room, I have a plan." Orcus said to Alan who took his words seriously and flew towards the exit with the spheres that Orcus summoned from a portal. Several Shadow Balls were forming in the hands of the Goletts as they fired at Al as he left, he didn't dodge but took each hit but each one either missed or phased through him. A smirk formed on his beaked face.

As Orcus floated up and above, a light blue aura surrounded his body with the black marking glowing the same color, his brown body changing to a lively orange other than the buttons and collar around his next just turning white, his arms then turned pure white like plasma energy but the three-digit light-like fingers stayed the same with the write they were staying on turning into orange saucer from old movies and his legs fusing together to form a single white spike pointing down surrounded by the blue aura. His eyes turned dark for a second before opening them as they were pure blue with dots being his irises. His back suddenly had two lightning bolts sticking out of him like angel wings.

Orcus pulled out from behind him and looked like a large brick-like object that had on its right side a dial surrounded by five colors with wires built into it leading to the center being just a grey circle and the father left looking like a switch. He placed the object around his waist where it changed to a neo-orange color with a black outline and a belt surrounding his waste. "Roto-Changer, Online!" A voice came from the belt as he used his psychic power to change the dial to a light blue followed by the switch being pulled, the centerpiece of the belt changed to light blue, and a snowflake appeared in the center. "Freezer on!"

The Light blue of Orcus changed to a lavender color, his arms changed to being more ridged and rougher, and a black line formed on his chest as the buttons he had fused into rectangle shapes almost like fridge handles. The air around looked colder.

The Goletts all looked at him, seeing him as a threat and they all changed him with everything they got, but he just stood still, closed his eyes, took a deep breath and exhaled, opened his eyes, and said: "Blizzard..." His tone was cold. His chest opened like a dual set of doors outwards as a gust of ice and wind exited his chest, flooding the room with the coldness of his attack, hitting every last Golett and freezing them into ice. "Shame, I had to ruin such fine craftsmanship, none of you were actually living beings yet you could still move and fight and ruined your machines with my ice." Orcus said as he undid the switch he pulled earlier and changed back to his normal-looking Cross-Void self. He then remembered something. "Oh, the Eevee..." He looked around and didn't see the Eevee but could feel something watching him and saw what he was interested in and floated over to it.

Once he was close to the door, he could hear someone yelling: "Tackle!" Halo launches herself at Orcus and hitting them in the chest but phased through him like a ghost. He turned his head to see Halo running away from him, she made it to the exit with Al returning. "Let her leave Al, she isn't a threat. I see she realizes that I'm too powerful for her to fight, that's good. I don't like fighting children." Orcus turned back to the room and entered to see in the center was a large throne chair, it was big enough for a few Pokémon, one being: "The Golurk?" Orcus said to himself before turning his head to see a pedestal meant for holding some sort of decoration or item, like a vase, a bust, or even a box. A box? He noticed the dust that was on the platform with a square shape that was on it.

"What was in here?" Al said as he entered the room after Orcus to see it was mostly empty. He then noticed something on the throne and pointed it out. "Hey, look at where their feet would be."

Orcus looked at the throne with the feet area was a secret compartment that was holding nothing inside of it. It was opened recently as there was a lack of dust and a pattern of paw prints. He connected the dots with the throne being large enough for a Golurk, a pedestal that was missing an area of dust, and the Golurk they saw. He then realized something else. "Al, that Eevee took something from this room and that Golurk here... They might know something about all this... But yet, we might come home empty-handed." They then started to float up of the tomb and to the temple entrance. They looked back with their eyes glowing with a portal opening and the strange machines he summoned entering them, after the last one left, the portal closed and the pillars were covered in blue energy and started to shake before being ripped apart, causing the ceiling to collapse on itself and cave-in.

Outside of the temple, Halo was running out with a black book in her mouth she was carrying. She was running as fast as she could to get away from the Cross-Void, she thought they were too strong since they had beaten multiple Pokémon easily. The book she was carrying was a little dirty, but the cover was unreadable for her as it was titled in the language of humans.

Back where Clay and Pompey, were in a creator with them both on the ground with Pompey's arm bruised while Clay's was cracking with it having a dark energy smoking out. The two got back up slowly as they were damaged, Pompey was trying to dust himself off, but his right arm was damaged and it hurt him with every pat he made. He looked over to Clay, the Golurk looked damaged even worse, but he was still moving.

They stared down at each other almost like two warriors on the battlefield for glory, to seek out victory over the other. They both raised their perfectly fine hands and charged at each other with their punches colliding almost like a fist bump. The force from the punch made them back up away from their foe but once they were away from them, they heard something. They both looked to the side and heard the footsteps of someone coming close.

Halo ran right into the creator that was made, not noticing it, and fell straight down before crashing into Clay. She looked up to see the injured Golurk and to the side with Machoke tilting his head. "The Eevee?" Pompey said he was confused about the Eevee being there.

"Pompey! Stop that Eevee!" Said the voice of Orcus with Al as they flew to the creator and landed not far from them. The moment Clay saw them, he aimed his palm at the two and fired a pink beam at them which blew up upon contact on them. Clay picked up Halo and flew away with his legs turning into rockets.

"Hey! We were fighting!" Pompey said in frustration. He turned to the smoke from the Golurk's attack with it clearing up as Orcus was holding Al as a living shield before dropping them. "Whoa, Doctor, that was harsh. Isn't Al our teammate... wait what is he doing here?"

"Well, I didn't want to get hit. He was also here with the Guild members he was watching. But I think we should return to the others, that Eevee might have grabbed something."

Back in town, everyone was fighting, Rusty was with his original team all staying close and hitting the Gallade with every chance they had as they moved too fast, every time they hit them, they somehow hit back harder than before. Lime the Cacnea tried to grab onto their leg, but they kicked them away.

Bianco was dealing with the Bisharp who was slowly regaining his vision, avoiding any attack towards him. He was using Dark-type moves since if he used a normal or fighting-type move, it didn't land and that's when he learned that Cross-Voids also gain a type of advantage, such as a ghost-typing added with their own.

Nero was fighting Ivan with him using his sword before changing it to his shield when he got close and used it to block the attack. They stepped back when Lime almost crashed into them. The Cacnea got up and chose to help Nero by attacking the Cross-Void Sneasel. Nero changed back to a sword and raised it back for a slashing attack but stopped just a few inches from the Cacnea's face and pulled it away from them. "I am so sorry! I almost hit you!"

"I-It's alright..." Lime said with their voice sounding shaky.

They both then noticed Ivan jumping into the air for a leaping attack for an attack but once they were getting too close, a giant fist hit Ivan and sent them flying towards Delos who ducked down as their vision returned.

Everyone saw Clay with Halo on his shoulder before picking them up and placing them on the ground as she still had the book in her mouth. "Halo?!" Nero said surprised. Clay then looked at the other Cross-Voids and aimed his palm with the hoe head popping out and fired the pink beam that hit both of them and sent them flying and landing on the ground with them returning back to their normal forms and their eyes turning into swales.

Ivan got up from the ground and noticed his comrades were taken down easily, but they did take some damage earlier. He then saw Clay aiming his palm at him with a beam forming, he thought of dodging but there wouldn't be enough time as the beam was fired and a portal opened in front of him that the beam entered with a portal opening behind Clay and blasted his own back. Another portal opened up with both Pompey holding Al upside down by his talons and Orcus going through with the Beheyeem back in his original form.

The two looked around to see both Corinth and Delos out on the floor and Ivan looking beaten up with all the damage he had taken. The now eight Pokémon all looked minorly beaten up, they could fight them all with Pompey having a sinister smile as dark energy surrounded his body but was stopped by Orcus placing his arm in front of his way.

"Pompey, I think we need to leave. They could have sent for backup, half of us is knocked out and you're clearly both very hurt and close to your limit." Orcus said to Pompey who did not fully understand until they heard something, not with their ears but their mind. By that I mean you can't use your power yet, it is too soon since you last used it, master said it takes too much out of you, best to spare your full power until next time when it is really needed. We'll also need to wait until the future. That Eevee grabbed something, and they could destroy it rather than let us have it, we'll find a way to take it for ourselves all in due time.

"Fine, but don't tell me like it was an order next time," Pompey said as he dropped Al to the ground then punched both of his fists into the air with two portals opening where he reached into them, instantly too portals next to both the fainted enemies with his hands grabbing the two and pulling them through, he then stomps his foot with a portal opening on the ground and open under Ivan before he fell through with the six being in one spot. Pompey smiled in delight before falling to a knee with his face hiding the fact he was now in pain, like his heart was burning, muscles cramping so tight that it would rip apart, and his bones cracking, that level of pain. "Oh... not good, guess I overworked."

"Idiot, how many portals have you been opening?! Doesn't matter." Orcus said as he pulled out a golden ring and tossed it behind them. "We'll take our leave."

"HOLD IT! You think we'll just let you leave!" The Pangoro said as they and the others all stood their ground with a stance for fighting. They could see that they were on their last legs, they could see the Murkrow was already so half of them were confirmed to be out while the Machoke was at their limits while Ivan was close to fainting, the only threat was the Beheyeem who was unharmed. They had the clear advantage and almost everyone knew that.

"Actually, yes, we will be leaving now." Orcus dropped the ring with a portal opening below the Pokémon which they all fell into. Nero charged towards the portal to follow and stop them from leaving but was stopped by Bianco.

"Whoa! Don't go there! Who knows where they are heading with that, you could put yourself in danger." Bianco explained his reasoning for stopping Nero. The portal closed once it was clear they were all gone.

About a few hours later, everyone was aiding in looking and helping Pokémon who were injured by the attack, luckily Halo did manage to find the shop she was told by Alan the Murkrow to use some items on some Pokémon to help and heal them. After the owner, a Kecleon, found out about this they were upset about her taking the items without permission, luckily Rusty and his team paid for the items used.

It was mostly Bianco, Rusty, the Pangoro, and Krokorok who were helping with the search while Nero, Halo, and the Cacnea named Lime were helping other Pokémon who were injured with healing items, such as berries and bottles of potions, while Clay was resting as they were heavily damaged from the fight.

Halo hid the box that Clay originally owned in the Kecleon shop, before paying them the shop owner threatened to keep the box and sell it for the items. Clay kept the box close to him like their life depended on it. Some of the town's folk were skeptical about the Golurk as they looked intimating and their species were known for staying in locations they don't wonder of from.

Some of the children Pokémon who were hiding with their Arboliva teacher looked at the Golurk with curiosity and some even mustering the courage to get close with some even starting to play around them with a ball. Once the ball hit them on their head, which made them stop playing for a second before Clay tapped the ball with his finger which made the children play more.

Nero, Halo, Lime, and the Arboliva were helping with healing Pokémon. As Halo was feeding Buizel an Oran berry who was slightly injured, she was holding the berry. She then remembers something with her shoving the berry in their mouth and running off before coming back with the book she found and running up to Nero. "Hey, Nero. Look what I found!" she said with the book lightly in her mouth.

Nero looked at the book she was carrying in her mouth looking over it. "What is this? Wait, this book has my name?" Nero said as the title was written in the language of humans, it was his name. "Where did you find this?"

"I found it in an opening at the side of that hill that one Pokémon walked off to after I beat them in a fight. Eww, my mouth tastes my dust and sand again from holding it." Halo said as she spat out the tastes she had in her mouth. Arboliva offered her some water which she drank.

Nero opened up the book, it was more like a journal, just like the title it was written in the human language. Each entry had some sketches of locations and some Pokémon, but most were fated, one was extremely fated, it looked close to being human but it had a feline-like head and long tail. and the words were intact as they were more like diary entries, it was strange, as the writing was written in the journal was different than on the cover was carved onto it.

As he kept on reading, he found something the piqued his interest, it showed sketches of both his sword and shield, every last detail of both items was on different pages followed by so much information about them. Nero closed the book and put it in his own bag.

He looked at the bag and thought about something, it was meant for him but yet it was old so whoever wrote it was leaving it for him and that they knew he was originally human. He turned back to see Halo offering another Oran berry to Buizel who shook his head as he didn't want Halo feeding them again. Nero held a chuckle as he went back to help, he planned to read more of the book later.

Location: Cabin in the woods?

In the middle of a forest, a somewhat large cabin that looked freshly built with the blinds to the windows closed, in one room that had two beds close to each other had both Corinth and Delos on them with some bandages as they rested. Between the beds was a gap that had a chair with Pompey sitting with his entire right arm covered in bandages. He looked at it with a look that showed he was impressed by the damage, almost as if they didn't expect they would fight anyone with such power.

Outside of the room that led to the living room had Orcus with one of the strange drone-like devices he used to scan the walls of the tomb as he was also finishing patching up Ivan without looking at them as Al was finished recovering. "So then, what did you learn about that temple?" Al asked Orcus.

"Well, not much, most of the words and markings were just some random nonsenses or repeating something. The carving looked interesting though..." Orcus said as he finished up with Ivan. "You're back to full strength?"

"More or less, so I'll go back and continue to watch that Riolu boy." Alan said with Ivan following him from behind.

"I'm coming with you, I want to get some payback for my eyelash and finish what I started," Ivan said before Orcus flew in front of him to stop him. "HEY!"

"You won't, Alan will be spying on them, and you'll just interfere." Orcus said as he turned back to Alan. "If you see them with that book, just look over their shoulder, if you steal it, they'll know someone took and your cover will be blown."

"What if I don't understand what's written in that book?" Alan asked.

"Then just remember what they say if they read out loud." Orcus said with Alan exiting the cabin and flying off with a portal opening and him flying through it. As soon they were gone, Orcus saw Ivan walking off, clearly upset about how he was being treated and for losing yet another fight and being taken away, that or it was finding out he lost to a child younger than him.

End of Chapter

(A/N Whoa, this chapter took longer than I thought it would and I have to say this has some of the best fights I had so far and I just realized that this and the previous chapter were mostly fighting, dang. Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed it, we got to see more Cross-Voids other than just Ivan, I do plan on later explaining in-story just what they are really are and what their motive is.)

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

32.7K 1.1K 46
When Geek, a former human, wakes up as a Pokémon with no memories what so ever, he makes new friends, discovers new secrets, and unravels his mystery...
857 11 28
Follow the story of Ryo the Riolu and his friends as they ventured across Mundus, a continent of perpetual war ignited by the dragons, searching for...
11.2K 190 16
In the world of pokemon where everything is light and happyness. Someone is going to show the power of the darkness.
317 30 22
Nero has just moved to his tenth foster home after his parents died. Nothing makes it look like this one will be any different, until he takes a show...