Find You || Kirishima x Reader

By crownedcupid

"I'm going to find you...no matter what it takes..." Finally getting your quirk is supposed to be exciting, r... More

Introduction
~1~
~2~
~3~
~4~
~5~
~6~
~7~
~8~
~9~
~10~
~11~
~12~
~13~
~14~
~16~
~17~
~18~
!Not A Chapter!

~15~

1.6K 49 11
By crownedcupid

'His eyes. His hair. His rambling. His laugh. He seems so familiar, yet I can't tell where I know him from..'

~Y/N POV~

I mentally sigh as I push the thought of it away. I nod at his introduction as I grab the notebook and pen I used to communicate with. 

'Nice to met you to. Thank you for saving Eri.' I wrote, turning the page to the two boys in front of me—the two look at each other and smile.

"You don't have to thank us for saving her, we chose to participate. We're just glad that you're both safe and good." The blond boy, Mirio(?), says as he looks at both me and Eri.

I nod as I look at the green boy, again. 'Midoriya? I swear I've heard of that before...He looks so familiar, but I don't think I've ever seen him with Overhaul.' I sigh as I start writing.

'Midoriya, is that how you spel it?' I show him the book. He nods happily, "Yep, you got it! Is there a specific reason why you want to know?" 

I nod slightly. 'You lok familier. Were you ever with Overhal?' I turn the page over to him as his smile drops slightly.

"W-what? With Overhaul?! No, of course not! I-I promise! If it comforts you more, I don't think I recognize you..?" I look at him with narrow eyes as I look over to Mr. Aizawa for confirmation. 

He looks at me and nods, "Midoriya has no connection to Overhaul, I can assure you." My eyes return to normal as I nod. Having him confirm it, and believing it, I don't know why it helped me believe it. I can't trust him so easily. He could be lying. I'll keep that in mind...

"Well uh, how about we play a game?" Mirio says, presumably trying to ease the tension. I look over to Eri, seeing what she wants to do. She nods her head quickly as she looks up at me. I slightly nod as I signal for her to go to them. She sits up as she gets off the bed, walking over to the two boys. Eri hugs the two as Mirio hugs her back and Midoriya pats her head. 

I let out a sigh as I leaned back on the wall, seeing Mr. Aizawa walking over to me. "Kemuri? Are you going to play with them?" I look at him and shrug, grabbing my notebook and starting to write. 'Dont think I want to.'

He nods, "That's fine, you don't have to. I know you're not very trusting in the boys yet." I nodded as I looked at the boys, who pulled out a small blue structure that came with red and yellow chips. 

"If you'd like, we could go over your spelling. If you want to learn now, that is." I look at him and shrug. 'If I'll be having to write to talk, I'll have to learn how to spell.' I got off the wall, turned my body to face him, and nodded.

He slightly smiled. "Alright then." He sat down in the chair next to the bed. "We'll start with some basics, let's try names." I nodded as he started naming people, having me write down their names.

~Slight TimeSkip~
~An hour and a half later~

That might have been the stupidest thing I've learned yet. Sure, names were easy, just a few silent letters, should be easy to remember. But why the hell are there so many in regular words? And why do some words have such unnecessary ones?! 

By the time an hour and a half went by, Eri was finished playing and sat down next to me, watching me write.

"Why are you learning that Kemuri? I thought you knew how to already?" Eri asked.

I shook my head, writing, 'No. I didn't get to write a lot before I was taken.' I turn the page to her as she "oh's" and nods her head. 

She then looks over to Mr. Aizawa and tilts her head. "Mr. Aizawa? When do kids learn to write, or go to school?"

I also look over to him, interested to know the answer. 'I know I went to school before I was taken...Maybe that could help?'

Mr. Aizawa sighs before answering. "Well, it depends. If they go to kindergarten, then they start going at 4 years old. But if they don't go to kindergarten, then they go to school at 6."

Eri nods her head, "So does that mean I have to go to school?" She asks, tilting her head as she hugs my arm. 'Eri? Going to school? ...I haven't thought of her having to do that...I don't think she's ready for that yet..'

"Not necessarily. Maybe in a year or two, but you can't go just yet." Mr. Aizawa says as he leans back in his chair.

"Oh! Okay then. Kemuri can teach me stuff until then!" She lays her head on my arm. 'I don't think the things I can teach her will be any good in school.'

I start to write in the notebook, turning it to Mr. Aizawa when I finish. 'If it's helpful, I was in school for a bit before I was taken.' Mr. Aizawa looks at me and nods.

"This is very helpful. I'll tell this to the police. They can look through the system to see any records of missing children in kindergarten from around 10 years ago." I furrow my brows slightly as I write, 'Why 10 years ago?'

Mr. Aizawa sighs, "Since you said you're 14 to 15 and that you were taken close to when you're quirk first manifested, that would be around 10 years ago." I nod before starting to write again. 'And how would that be helpful?'

"The police have a record of everyone. If they find a kid that went missing 10 years ago, has the same hair and eyes as you, and also has the same quirk, they would use that to find your name. Your surname would help us locate your family." I nod my head and put the notebook down.

"Would that mean Kemuri would find her family?" Eri asks. 'I didn't even know she was still listening..'

Mr.Aizawa looks at her and then back at me, "Well, that would be up for Kemuri to decide." Eri "oh's" as she goes back to laying on my arm. I play with her hair as she closes her eyes.

"Ah- so Kemuri?" I look up to see Midoriya in front of me as I raise an eyebrow. "Do you know when you're being released?" I shrug my shoulders. 'Not anytime soon.'

"Oh, I see. I was hoping you'd be able to come to the school festival as well.." I tilt my head, writing in the notebook. 'Why would I come?'

"Eh? I just thought you'd want to come with Eri. It could've also been a good thing for you to go out, since..you know..." I put a hand up for him to stop talking and nod. 'Yeah, the whole being locked up thing.'

The silence between us from not knowing what else to say fills the room. "Ah, well, I think I'm going to head out, you coming with, Midoriya?" Mirio says, patting his back. 

"Uhm, yeah, sure. I guess I could work on remembering the festival moves, I haven't gotten them down yet..." He says with a sheepish smile as Mirio laughs.

"You're leaving?" Eri says tiredly, yawning after her words. The boys look at her and smile. "Yeah, We have to make sure the festival goes well. We want to impress you after all!" Mirio says with a big smile as he bends down to her height.

Eri sits up and yawns again. "Oh, okay then. Bye-bye." Mirio stands up straight as he nods. 

The two boys walk out, saying their goodbyes to both me and Eri. "Eri, Would you like to take a nap till dinner?" Eri rubs her eyes and nods. I smile softly and back up to the wall, leaning on it and putting a pillow on my lap. Eri moves over and lays her head on the pillow as I lay the blanket on her.

"Kemuri." I look over to Mr. Aizawa and nod. "I know I said I'd tell the police what you've told me, but it might take a while. We'll have to find a detective with a free schedule, and then we'll have to wait for him to go through all the records. It might take a few months..." I look at him as I take a deep breath and nod. 'I guess it's better than nothing...'

"I just didn't want you to lose hope on it when it's going to take a while. It's part of the process..But I promise, we'll do what we can to reunite you with your family." I nod as I look back down at Eri and play with her hair.

A few moments of silence go by before he speaks again, "What do you think of the two?" I continue playing with Eri's hair and shrug. 'They weren't bad, I guess..'

"I know they have very big characters," I nod, agreeing with him, "But they're good kids. Of course, I'm not saying you have to trust them, but I think it would be good for you to communicate with someone your age." He leans back in his chair as he moves his hair out of his face. "I know you just got out of captivity, and, even if you're trying to hide it from Eri, I can tell it affected you." I look at him, giving him an unreadable look as I write in the notebook. 'I can handle it.'

"Because you were forced to. Just because you've survived doesn't make it fine. You don't have to lie and say that everything is okay when it's not. How would you feel if Eri was doing that?" I didn't answer him and just stared down at my book.

"I'm not going to make you talk to the boys. I'm just suggesting it, maybe to get you into the habit of talking to someone your own age." I sigh and look at him. 'They were only here to see Eri but...I guess it wouldn't be so bad. I can defend myself against them if they try anything.' I nod to him, agreeing that I'll try to 'talk' to them. 

"Good, I'm glad. Just, tell me if you feel uncomfortable at any point, and I'll remove them." I nod. "Is there one you prefer over the other?"

I thought for a moment. 'I don't know how I feel about blondie...Maybe if I talk to greenie, I could see why he's so familiar.' I nodded and I wrote. 'Midoriya.'

"Oh, Alright then. I'll talk to him about it tomorrow." I nodded as I looked back to Eri. 'This is all happening way too fast...I swear it feels like I was just in chains, barely alive yesterday...'

~TimeSkip~
~3 days later~

I feel like shit. I had surgery yesterday. It was apparently 'urgent', but if I've lived my entire life without them, why would I need them now?

I groan as I move my hand to my chest. I had surgery on my chest area(?) I have no idea where it was, all I knew was doctors were 'worried' about it, and that I had fractured ribs that could make my lungs collapse and bleed into my chest cavity. There were bandages all across my chest, even up to my shoulder.

I haven't seen Eri in a bit. I hope she's doing fine...I can't really get up and rush to her...I don't know if they've discharged her yet and I don't want to run around aimlessly in pain when I'm not even sure I'll find her here. 

Although they gave me that numbing thing in my arm, I feel so sore. It feels like I've just trained for hours on end. I winced as I moved on my bed, trying to find any comfortable way to lay on the bed. 'I thought this was supposed to make me feel better?' I roll my eyes as I stare at the ceiling in silence, the only sound filling my mind being my breathing and the beeping machine.

~TimeSkip~
~2 days later~

I had the surgery 3 days ago and I haven't seen Eri in 5 days. The silence was starting to get to my head. Seeing doctors and nurses constantly coming into my room is getting annoying. The only people I want to see right now are Eri and Mr. Aizawa, not some stupid doctors. 

They getting me mad. All they do is come in, ask the same questions forgetting that I won't talk, and then treat me like I'm some fragile kid. I am NOT fragile.

A knock on the door disrupts my thoughts as I look over to it. My regular doctor comes in, holding his clipboard. "Hello again, Kemuri." I roll my eyes and nod, looking the other way. 'Leave me alone.'

"Feeling any better?" He asks, walking closer to my bed. I look at him annoyed and lazily nod. 'The faster they think I'm getting better, the faster I'll see Eri.'

"That's great. I'm just going to take down your chats here and I'll be out." I nodded as I looked away. 'Sleeping will make the time go by faster..' I let myself drift off, hearing the doctor leave a minute or two later. 

~TimeSkip~
~1 day later~

It's been 4 days of recovery and 6 days since I've seen Eri. I furrowed my brows as I lay on my bed in silence. 'Goddamn it! I just want to see Eri! I feel fucking fine!'

Faint voices were heard outside my door. I looked over to the door, trying to listen to who it was. I heard a female voice, talking to a male. Although their voices were muffled I could only guess the female was a nurse. But the male...That was definitely Mr. Aizawa. 

I stared at the door intently, waiting for it to open to see Eri run through the door. I heard the door clicking slightly, meaning it was being opened.

My hope was crushed when I saw a nurse walk in, but that wasn't the only thing I saw. A little girl with a horn and grey hair was hiding just behind the door. My patience was growing thin, knowing this nurse was telling them they couldn't come in.

"Hello, Kemuri! I'll be your nurse for today! Your nurse called out sick today." She started walking over to me. I looked at her with narrow eyes as she got closer. 

"So how are you feeling?" She looks at me, now standing right next to my bed. I glared at her as I looked away. 

"Ah...Sweetie I need to know how you feel." I grimaced at what she called me as I reached over the counter and grabbed my notebook. I laid it on my chest as I started writing. 'I don't talk.'

"Ohh, I see. Completely left my mind!" She laughed. "But you can just write! So how are you feeling?" I looked at her annoyed and I wrote down 'fine.' on my book.

"That's great! Well, I already have your vitals all written down here, so I'll leave for now!" She smiled at me as she picked up her clipboard. I hit the book to get her attention, not caring if it was rude. 'When can they come in?' 

"When can who come in sweety?" I grimaced at the name again as I wrote. 'I'm not dumb. The people outside. I saw them when you came in.' 

"Ah, well you're still recovering so-" I put my hand out to stop her talking. 'I feel fine. I've felt fine. So let them in.'

"I'm sorry, I can't. Doctors orders." She said as she shook her head. 'But I feel fine. It doesn't take 3 fucking days to recover from this shit.'

"They can't come in. It's restricted." She turned away as she started walking.

'What the fuck-' I angrily groaned. "I-I swear to fucking God if you don't let them I'll drop you to the ground so fucking hard you won't wake up for 2 damn weeks! LET THEM IN, DAMNIT." I used my quirk and wrapped a tendril across one of her arms and hit the clipboard out of her hands with the other.

"Ah-! HELP!" The nurse cried out and tried to pull her arm away as I sat up and started to pull her towards me. The door swung open to reveal Mr. Aizawa, his eyes red and his hair floating. My quirk disappeared as quickly as it came and I stared at him, my eyes wide. 

The nurse stumbled back and caught herself before quickly picking up her clipboard and running off.

"Kemuri. You can't just-" Mr. Aizawa deactivated his quirk as he looked over to the nurse who left. He sighed and looked behind him, talking to someone, "I'll be back, you guys go in." He whispered to them, not knowing I could hear him, "Calm her down, please." He quickly walked off, following where the nurse went. 

I quickly looked at the door and saw Eri run in; but before I could see who else was there, I grabbed onto my chest and closed my eyes tightly. 'Shit..I shouldn't have gotten up so quickly.'

Eri ran over as well as someone else with heavy footsteps. "Kemuri?! Are you okay?!"

I coughed slightly as I pushed back, leaning myself onto the wall as I threw my head back. I nodded my head as I took a deep breath, trying to calm the pain.

She used the chair next to me to climb up to my bed and carefully shuffled closer. I opened my eyes to look at her as I patted her head and nodded again. I looked over to see Midoriya standing there.

"H-Hi, Kemuri." I stared at him and nodded after a few seconds. 'Wow. What an impression..' I thought to myself sarcastically.

Eri continued to stare at me as I closed my eyes again. I felt her carefully hold my hand as I smiled softly. We all sat/stood there in silence before it was interrupted.

"You know, you're quirk is pretty cool.." I opened my eyes and looked at Midoriya. 'Cool? You just watched me "attack" someone..'

"I-I mean- You could do so much with it! I've never seen someone with tendrils!" He says, easing the tension in the room. I look at him and shake my head, writing, 'Tendrils isn't my quirk.'

"It's not?" I shake my head and write, 'No. My quirk is smoke.' 

"Yeah! That's why I call her Kemuri because it means smoke!" Eri blurts out, looking at Midoriya.

"I thought so, but I didn't know you could make it solid, so I kinda assumed you just liked the name." He smiled. "But that's even cooler! Could you make all sorts of things, or can you just make the tendrils?" 

'I can make many things. I mostly make poles, daggers, tendrils, and platforms.' Midoriya looks at the paper and tilts his head. "Platforms? What do you mean?"

I motion for Eri to get off the bed so I can show it off. She knows what to do and happily gets off. She walks to the middle of the room. Midoriya turns to look at her as I put my hand out, creating a platform in front of Eri. She steps onto it as I produce tendrils from it and use them to hold her onto it, in case she were to fall. I lift it off the floor slowly and spin her in a circle gently.

"Woah! That's so cool! How much weight can it hold?" I think for a second before writing, 'Around 180, maybe 190 pounds.' He nodded as I slowly continued bringing Eri around the room. 

"Wait, are you supposed to be using your quirk?? Doesn't that hurt??" I looked at him before shaking my head. 'Better than just sitting here.'

"I think you should rest for now. You shouldn't put too much strain on yourself." I shake my head again, writing 'I'm fine. This doesn't hurt. The platform barely has me using my quirk.'

I look back at Eri. "I want to come down now." I nod and put her down as I dismiss all the smoke, bringing it back to me and 'picking it back up'.

"So you can make anything you want?" 'As long as I know what it looks like and have enough smoke to make it.' He nods and continues thinking.

I created a small dagger to show him, lightly tapping the bed to get his attention. He looks over to me as I hand him the dagger. 

He examined the dagger, looking all around it and even touching the blade to see if it was sharp enough. "This is really smoke??" I nodded and made it so that the smoke dispersed. He looked in awe as I slightly smiled. He sat down at the edge of my bed, looking like he was thinking about my quirk's abilities. 

'This was..weirdly nice? I can't really talk about my quirk to Eri, since she knows what it is. I liked showing it off to someone...' 

"Looks like you three were having fun." All three of us snap our heads over to the door as we see Mr. Aizawa walking in.

I smiled slightly as Eri nodded and Midoriya replied with an "Mhm!" Mr. Aizawa discreetly looked over to me, asking for what I thought. I softly nodded as he smiled, "I'm glad you three did."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 27 25
I grew up in a loving home. My twin brother, Izuku Midoriya, was obsessed with All Might. I wasn't obsessed with All Might though, I was obsessed wit...
6.1K 420 113
"𝗪𝗮𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘂𝗽 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗵 𝗶𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗴𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗱𝘂𝗺𝗽𝗲𝗱 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗰𝗼𝗹𝗱 𝘄𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿." The day (Y/n) Midoriya died, it was t...
3.1K 152 12
FIRST OF ALL: Any resemblance to another BNHA fanfic is purely coincidental, all of this has been created by me, I solemnly swear with my hand on my...
1.3K 68 4
"Your existence in itself is a stain on our family." For as long as she could remember, Erumi grew up hearing those words. As an illegitimate daught...