Every Part Of Us

By coraleigh24

Adam Graham knew two things. One: he had no interest in dating or hooking up with anyone. Two: Reid Sanchez... More

Introduction
1. Shit talking
2. Tomorrow
3. Play nice
4. A bitch
5. Nice guy
6. Again
7. Family
8. Sibling bonding
9. I dont care
10. Talk about it
11. Being sappy
12. Not a kidnapper
13. Forgive and forget
14. Heart eyes
15. Just for me
16. The bad guy
17. Burn the world down
19. Very competitive
20. Little monster
21. Choosing happiness
22. Consume me
23. Fight a mountian lion
24. Want
25. Destruction
26. Freaked out

18. Swinging your butt around

1.2K 59 20
By coraleigh24

Reid's pov:

"Pop your butt out a little more!" Connor yelled.

"I'm doing the best I can." Jet replied.

I didn't exactly know what I was walking in on. Connor had said it was fine if I stopped over. When I rounded into the living room I shouldn't have been surprised at the sight.

"Okay if you don't get it right this time I'm going to lose my mind." Connor restarted the song.

I watched the two of them swing their bodies around as they played just dance together.

"This is really fucking hard, I don't think my body is supposed to move like this." Jetson laughed.

"Keep swinging your butt around like that and something else is going to be really fucking hard."

Jetson shook his butt at my best friend and I watched as they both laughed. It was nice to be able to see them like this together. Connor was so happy with Jet and sometimes I had to swallow down my own jealousy. I wanted something like this. I wanted to have someone that made me happy the way Jet made Connor happy.

"How long has Connor been forcing you through this?" I asked Jetson as I made myself comfortable on the couch.

"He woke up with this brilliant idea that we need to learn to dance and it's been torture ever since."

"Says the guy who goes on hikes for fun." Connor grumbled.

"Don't pretend like you don't enjoy them." Jetson bickered.

"I only have a good time because you're there."

I watched Jetson melt with my best friends words. They were nauseatingly in love sometimes.

"I'd only dance if you were there next to me." Jet grinned leaning over to press a quick kiss against Connor's lips.

"You want to dance?" Connor turned his attention away from his boyfriend and over to me.

As tempting as it was to just forget everything and have some ridiculous fun with my friends I'd actually came over here with a purpose.

"Maybe later, I was hoping to talk to you about something."

"I'm going to grab a water, you want one Connor?" Jetson asked.

Connor shook his head and let himself fall onto the couch next to me.

I knew I had to tell Connor about my brother being the one to beat up our coach. I was wary to talk about anything to do with that time but Ronan had done this for Connor and he deserved to know about it. After the article was released that had Connor's story in it we'd all wondered about how our football coach had gotten beaten up.

The first thought had been Connor's dad but obviously we were wrong. I hadn't even thought that Ronan could have done it. I knew he was definitely capable of beating someone up but he never got violent. His temper remained level almost always only showing that anger on rare occasions.

"Remember when the article got released and someone beat up coach?" I asked.

"Is this going to be a confession?" Connor questioned.

I just shook my head. Both Connor and Cass had asked me later if I had done it. I'd been angry enough over finding out the abuse our coach had put Connor through but unfortunately someone had beat me to the punch.

"It was Ronan, he told me yesterday."

"Huh." My best friend sighed seeming to think the information over.

"I figured you should know." I just shrugged.

I didn't know if bringing it back up was the right thing but it also felt wrong hiding it.

Connor sat in silence for a few seconds before he broke the quiet with a laugh.

"You think he beat him with his cane like an old man?" Connor laughed.

I let myself find the humor in it too. The image of Ronan swinging around his cane was enough to make me laugh too.

"God I hope so." I chuckled.

"I think I should send him a gift basket or something."

I felt something ugly twist inside me. I should be thankful for Ronan. He did what I had only wished I could have done. But still I found myself angry at him for everything else.

I wanted to let it go but I couldn't, not without some real answers.

"Things still not good between you two?" Connor asked having read something on my face.

"Could be better."

I didn't want to talk about it. I was done obsessing over the fight. I wanted to think about something else. I wanted an escape.

"You know my door is always open and my couch is yours if you need it." Connor offered.

"I think I want to ask Adam on a date." I blurted out needing to talk about something else.

Connor just blinked in surprise at me. I understood the shock there. It hadn't been on purpose but I'd kept this thing with Adam quiet. I wanted to explore it, I wanted it just between us.

But now I needed advice. I needed to talk to someone who might actually know what to say. Connor was Adam's friend and if I wanted to do this right he might know how I should do it.

"Wow okay, Adam is great I think you should." Connor recovered.

"We've been talking ever since your grad party and I went to visit him last weekend. I think I might really like him." I confessed.

Connor smiled widely at me.

"If you're happy then go for it. Adam can be a jerk sometimes but once you get past his walls he's one of the best people I know."

And I could understand that. Adam was an asshole most of the time. He was blunt and seemed to be on the defensive most of the time. But he also drove down here to see me because I told him I was having a bad week. He planned a whole football game just because I told him I missed playing. He was so thoughtful sometimes and that was the side of Adam that made me understand why he had so many people in his corner.

"So I should just ask him out?"

"Yeah why not?"

That was all I needed. A light nudge and I was pulling my phone out and pressing on his contact. I had wanted to ask him and I didn't think I could wait any longer.

"Hello?" Adam answered.

I couldn't stop the smile from spreading across my face at the sound of his voice.

"Hi."

"What's up?"

The conversation was so casual and part of me just wanted to fall into it. I wanted to tell him about my day and ask him about his. I wanted to get lost in this but instead I pushed the words out that I really wanted to say.

"Will you go on a date with me?" I asked.

"Oh." Then there was silence.

I felt my stomach drop. I didn't know what I had expected but after our kiss last weekend part of me thought I'd hear a yes. I thought Adam felt the same as I did.

"You want to go on a date? With me?" He said after a few seconds.

"Yeah."

I felt my nerves start to twist up. I had no clue what was going on in his brain but I just hoped he'd decide to give me a chance.

One date that's all I was asking for.

"Ok, I'm free Saturday."

There was only relief and excitement at those words. Adam had actually said yes.

A/n:

I am so annoyed. I've gotten sick.... Again. I felt like all I do is get sick right now. It's like once I get over one sickness I just get sick all over again. I'm feeling pretty miserable. I also think I'm heading into a some bad mental health. I went to the doctor last week and I just got so annoyed because yes I have anxiety it's not a new thing but now she's like well you have to go do blood tests because it might be a thyroid issue like I'm sorry but my anxiety isn't from a thyroid problem I've literally had anxiety my whole life. So now I have to go do like useless blood tests for no reason.

Sorry for the rant but I just hate the doctors so much and this last visit didn't help at all. But anyway I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!

-Cora Leigh

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

544 34 16
"Adam Campbell, the lanky loner, got more than what he had bargained for when invited to the County Fair with his coworkers. A pessimistic homebody f...
28.8K 1.4K 32
(Sequel to Above Water) A summer fling turned into the worst possible case of ghosting Thomas had ever seen. When he first met Dallas two years pri...
5.2K 238 34
BDSM was not the lifestyle Dakota Moore had in mind. He had spent most of his teenage career running away from orphanages and taking care of his home...
17.6K 551 32
Mason Morton, after almost being institutionalized for attempting suicide, struggles with dealing with not only his family issues, but his feelings f...