Heart-Strings

By C_H_E_L_

Met one morning, both with two different but similar reasons. Authors note(s): - I'm not good at books, as E... More

CH 1
CH 2
CH 3
CH 4
CH 5
CH 6
CH 7
CH 8
CH 9
CH 11
CH 12
CH 13
CH 14
CH 15
CH 16
CH 17
CH 18
CH 19
CH 20
CH 21
CH 22
CH 23
CH 24

CH 10

92 5 0
By C_H_E_L_

Izumi glanced up to look at the large building in front of her.

"Wow, it's so big!" She thought.

The school was much bigger than she had anticipated and definitely much bigger than what pictures made it seem to be.

"This might be the school I might go to. I have to make sure I do my best!" She thought with a smile.

She was glad that, at the moment, she wasn't nervous.

If she was, she fears that she might ruin her chances of getting into the school.

"Izumi! Make sure you get to where you need to be. Don't be late ok?" Her mother said seriously while packing Izumi's bag.

Izumi smiled brightly and turned to look at her mother.

"Don't worry mom! I'll make sure that I'm the first person into the room!" Izumi said, also seriously, as she looked at Inko.

Inko's serious faze went away when she saw the expression her daughter made.

"How adorable."

The thought let out a laugh from her.

"What's so funny?" Izumi pouted as she crossed her hands while looking at her mother.

"Nothing, don't worry about it. Just make sure you keep yourself safe." Inko said while closing Izumi's bag.

"Yep! Don't worry I will." Izumi said softly as she grabbed her bag from her mother's hands with a quick thank you.

Inko smiled at her daughter before remembering something.

"Oh and Grandma came back a few days ago so make sure you greet her when you get the chance to! She said she wanted to see you." Inko said before she forgot again.

Izumi's eyes shined at the mention of her grandmother.

"Really? Then I'll make sure to visit her after I'm done with the exam!" Izumi said happily.

Today, she was happy.

A bit too happy. Things seemed to be going a bit too well for her liking.

She wasn't superstitious, but she was worried that things might go wrong because of the good things that keeps happening.

"Yes, she told me to tell you a few days ago; and since I kept forgetting, she kept annoying me with it." Inko pouted at the memory.

Izumi laughed at that.

She could definitely see that happening.

Her mother and grandmother's antics can be funny at times.

"Anyways, that's all." Inko smiled softly at her daughter.

Izumi nodded, knowing her mother had work to attend.

Inko gave Izumi a tight hug before letting go.

"Be save ok? And try your best! It doesn't matter if it's hard, just make sure to leave there knowing you did all you could."

Inko let out one more encouragement before waving and getting into the car.

"Don't worry, I will! And you be sure to be save too."

Inko nodded at Izumi's words.

Izumi gave her own soft smile as she waved at her mother's car, which was driving away.

————

Warmth.

That was what she felt as soon as she took a step into the building.

Her excitement seemed to rise by the second.

"Wow everything is much bigger inside! Even the doors are huge!"

She thought as she tried to look around as much as she could.

She had came to the school before, when she was little, to her grandmother's station.

And because of this she knew a bit of the interiors and locations of the building, but not so much to be an expert.

She never realized how big the school was; for whenever she came to the inside of the school, she was either sick or her grandmother needed a bit of an extra hand around her.

It was crowded, more so than it was outside.

People were standing near their friends as they were talking with excitement.

They looked happy.

"I hope they all try their best on it."

Izumi thought as she glanced at people that were smiling happily.

Their smiles were too bright to be ruined with disappointment, if they don't make it in the school.

She smiled softly as she tried to keep her own excitement at bay.

She looked straight ahead to make sure that she was going where she had to.

—-

"Ah I'm so sorry!"

Izumi heard a young girl say frantically.

She turned herself to reply to the girl.

She looked at the brunette girl's face.

"She looks worried, I hope she's okay."
Izumi thought.

"Don't worry, it's-"

Before Izumi could finish her saying, she saw the roof of the building getting farther and farther.

"Huh?" Izumi blinked.

—-

"Whew! Glad I caught you in time." The brunette said with both a glad face and tone.

"The roof stopped."

Izumi thought as she gazed above her.

"Huh?" Izumi blinked again.

The girl lifted Izumi up; to stand still.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to bump into you! I was rushing because I woke up late and had thought I would've been late for the exam!" The girl bowed about 4 times, while talking about her morning.

Izumi blinked, again.

"Ah."

Izumi made sense of what had just happened.

She looked in front of her to see the girl that talked similarly to her.

"It's not annoying as I thought it would be."

She chuckled slightly at the thought.

"Don't worry, it's perfectly fine. No need to bother yourself with a simple accident." Izumi said, while waving her hands.

She smiled at the girl, who started raising herself up.

"Really?" The girl asked with unsureness.

"She looks adorable."
Izumi smiled at the thought.

The girl in front of her, had big eyes and round cheeks.

She found that to be very adorable.

"Yep! It's perfectly fine!" Izumi smiled a bit more, to assure the girl in front of her.

I guess this was why I was feeling a bit unsure of today.

The thought quickly came and passed through Izumi's mind.

The girl breathed a sigh of relief.

"Then that's good. I'm sorry for bumping into you again." The girl said.

Izumi nodded before looking at the girl.

A possible friend.

The thought passed through her mind.

She got excited.

She loved making new friends after all.

And, hopefully, this one would be going in to the same school as her; which would be amazing.

"Say, what's your name? Where are you going at the moment?" Izumi said with both a small smile and blush.

Whenever she starts making a conversation with someone she has not talked to before, in a way of getting to know them, embarrassment always seemed to find a way to attach themselves to her.

The girl looked at Izumi, confused, before she soon then caught on.

"Ah! My name is Uraraka Ochako! And I'm trying to get to the auditorium at the moment!" Uraraka said happily.

"The auditorium?" Izumi asked.

Uraraka nodded while happily smiling.

"Ah, I guess you are doing hero course." Izumi said smiling softly.

"Yep. Are you doing the same thing ?" The girl asked, slightly with less hyper and nervousness.

"No, unfortunately something different. I had hoped we will be in the same course." Izumi sighed and pouted slightly.

The girl reciprocated.

"Me too! I hoped that I would have went to the auditorium, at least, while knowing someone." The girl sighed, dropping as she looked to the ground.

Izumi laughed a bit at that.

"Well that is unfortunate, but I'm sure we will see each other a lot with the course I choose." Izumi smiled.

"Ah, then that's amazing, um.." the girl said excitedly at first, only to pause when she realized that she had no clue of the name of the person she was talking to.

"Ah, pardon me, my name is Midoriya Izumi, nice to meet you Uraraka." Izumi blushed at this.

She was embarrassed.

She asked for Urarakas name but had not given her own, a bit indecent if one was to ask.

But she kept doing it, even with Shouto.

The blush got slightly bigger at the thought of the boy.

"Yes, me too Midoriya!" Uraraka said happily.

Izumi nodded.

"Ah, sorry to say this a bit later but the auditorium is 4 doors behind you." Izumi said, laughing slightly at the girl's expression.

"Ah, thank you so much Midoriya! I would have been roaming around this floor looking for a place I already passed!"

The girl said, with tears practically coming out of her eyes, while shaking Izumi's hand up and down.

"Don't worry, anytime!" Izumi laughed.

Uraraka smiled and waved as she made her way to the auditorium.

"Thank you again Midoriya!" She yelled out.

Izumi nodded as she smiled to herself.

The feeling of making a new friend was always satisfying to her heart.

————

Izumi sighed as she checked her phone.

It was 9:10

"I have 20 more minutes"

Izumi thought and sighed with both boredom and relief.

She was relieved that she had made it in time- with more time to spend at that.

She had arrived about 5 minutes ago.

It took a while to make sure that she was indeed Midoriya Izumi; before they gave her the class number and pass to go in the classroom.

I guess UA doesn't play about their security.

She sighed again.

She honestly had no clue on what to do.

She usually kept herself busy with either simple tasks, and large tasks.

But now that she couldn't even study for her exam, she was bored.

She played through her phone, hoping to find something to do, until she got a text.

From: Shouto

"Huh? Is everything ok?"

Izumi thought.

She had, in a way, forgotten that she had Shouto's number.

And now that she realized, she felt a bit nervous.

"What did he send? Did something happen?"

Izumi thought nervously. This was a bit strange.

The only times they had really texted was for one week, and even that was nothing big.

She then took a deep breath in to encourage her to open up the message.

She slowly pressed on the message.

- "you will do well on your exam."

Izumi stared at the text for a while before letting out little chuckles.

She wanted to laugh at that, but she didn't want people in the classroom to think she was crazy.

She had thought that it would be something major so so forth.

But it was just him sending encouragement, if she can even call it that.

She smiled and imagine him saying that with his monotone tone of voice.

It would sound as if he said it to say it and to get it over with.

She giggled at the thought as small blush started making its way to her face.

She smiled again before typing back.

- "Don't worry! I'll make sure to do great on it!"

Izumi said a quick text with a small confident bunny.

She was about to ask him of his day, since she wanted to continue the conversation.

I don't have anything to do apart from waiting for a few more minutes.

She thought as she tried to convince herself it was of normal reasons-which it was.

She gathered all her thoughts and started typing.

Sadly, before she had sent it, someone came into the room.

"Good morning everyone. We will start a bit early since everyone is here. Please put everything away-especially electronic devices- and we will start after 5 minutes." A hero said.

Izumi teared her eyes from her phone to look at the person that was talking.

"They must be a new hero."

She thought as she wasn't familiar with their face or suit.

She pouted when he said to put electronics away.

She knew why, it was for obvious reasons after all, but she wanted to talk to Shouto.

She wouldn't admit that though.

With this, she sent a quick text to him about the exam starting.

And he answered with his own text message.

-"Ok, I will see you later."

Izumi smiled at the text.

"He responds so fast." Izumi thought in slight amazement.

She turned off her phone as she then looked around the room.

"There are barely people in here. I guess a lot of them wanted to take the hero course."

Izumi sighed at the thought.

As much awkwardness it was at the start of making friends, it was fun to do.

She then focused her sight at the hero; as they were passing out papers.

—-

Izumi groaned.

Her back was hurting from bending for too long, and her cheeks was hurting her.

They were being pinched so much to the point they turned red.

"Grandma you're pinching too hard!" Izumi groaned while complaining to her grandmother.

"Yes, yes! I know but I haven't seen you in so long! I miss you!" The grandma said.

Izumi smiled at that.

It has been long since she also saw [her].

Almost a year and a half.

"Yes me too!" Izumi smiled brightly while rubbing her cheeks to smooth out the pain.

The grandma smiled at that.

"Where have you been? That girl has been keeping you hidden ever since I came! She wouldn't let me see you!" Izumi's grandma pouted as she said that.

Izumi laughed.

"She said she kept forgetting. She just reminded me this morning even." Izumi said as her laughs turned into small chuckles.

"That girl, I don't even know where she gets her forgetfulness!" The grandma sighed with her hands on her waist.

Izumi smiled.

"She gets it from you."

She thought.

She had wanted to say it, but she didn't want to hear her grandma go on and on about how she is taking her mother's side.

Izumi didn't say anything and just smiled awkwardly, while laughing a bit.

"Anyways, I'm glad you're back grandma. You aren't going anywhere for that long again right?" Izumi asked, her tone almost pleading.

The grandma looked at Izumi as a large smile formed on her face.

"Yep! Don't worry, I won't leave for that long! If they ever tell me to, then I'm cursing them out!"

The grandma said with a sigh as her voice got into a complaining tone at the end.

Izumi laughed awkwardly.

"Hahaha, I don't think we need to go that far! Just tell them that you will retire if they ever ask for such."

Izumi said as she tried to find a more moral way to go about it.

Her grandma can be the nicest person on this whole world but sometimes she can get a bit violent.

"Yes, I guess that works too." Izumi's grandma said as she was thinking of the choice.

Izumi smiled of relief.

"Anyways, where are you going? Can I come too?" Izumi asked pleadingly.

It's been a while since she saw her grandma and she wanted to follow her, as she used to when she was a kid.

"Ah yes, I'm going to the practical test site. Apparently some people got hurt." The grandmother sighed.

Izumi smiled at that.

"Really? But weren't they going to get hurt at some point?" Izumi asked a bit confused at how her grandmother said it.

"Yes but I didn't think this early. These new bunch of heroes are going to be troublesome." The grandmother said, letting out a huge sigh while shaking her head.

Izumi laughed at her grandmothers antics.

"Anyways, you can tag along! I miss having you by my side anyways." The grandmother smiled as she looked at Izumi.

Izumi nodded happily and smiled brightly.

"Yay! Thank you! I love you!" Izumi leaped on her grandmother to hug her.

It was a bit awkward at first since her grandmother is almost a whole foot shorter than her, but they both had found it to be warming.

"Yes, yes! I love you too, now get off me! You're crushing me!" Her grandmother said while laughing.

Izumi laughed as she, her grandmother, started laughing.

Author note(s):

- Sorry for the 8 days delay.

- I was trying to get in 2 more chapter-drafts in before I post, but I felt lazy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 2.8K 43
"Why should I apologize for being a monster? Has anyone ever apologized for turning me into one?" Ever since his birth, Naruto always tried to keep...
23.5K 418 25
I literally have no idea what the hell the name means guys.
152K 6.1K 72
โžฝJust short love stories...โค โ‡โค๏ธ. โ‡๐Ÿ–ค. โ‡โ™ฅ๏ธ. โ‡๐Ÿ’™. โ‡๐Ÿฉท. โ‡๐Ÿค. โžฝ๐Ÿ’›Going on. โžฝ๐ŸฉตComing up [Ignore grammatical mistakes. I will improve my writing gradual...
91.6K 197 7
Emily is your classic good girl. Shes 18 years old. Her life seems all planned out but what happens when she is taken and forced into diapers? Will s...