Why do YOU hate me? - Hwang H...

By Patchedfox

You are the 9th member of Stray Kids, but you don't really seem to get along with the other members. You only... More

Intro
chapter 1 - the incident
chapter 2 - worthless
chapter 3 - changbin?
chapter 4 - jeongin
chapter 6 - breakfast
chapter 7 - han
chapter 8 - waves of anger
chapter 9 - faking ignorance
chapter 10 - confrontation

chapter 5 - chan

287 8 7
By Patchedfox

Jeongin has waited patiently for me while standing just next to my door. "Now that you've got your clothes on, let's head over!"

"Don't say it like that!" I chuckle and pumch him playfully as we walk out of my room.

Jeongin chuckles. "Let's just go now, shall we?" "Sure." I follow Jeongin to Chans room and wait next to him as we knock on chans door. I feel nervous, but Jeongin being by my side eases the pressure.

Jeongin waits to see if chan would hear his knocking and let us into his room. A minute or two passes by, and we're about to give up and walk away when chan opens the door and smiles at Jeongin. His voice is raspy, and he sounds like he has just woke up.

"Jeonginnie? is everything okay?"

Jeongin nods his head in response and speaks after a short pause.

"Yes. would it be okay for me to introduce you to someone?"

My heartbeat quickens at his raspy voice, and I admire his physique as he leans on the doorframe. His smile is so sweet as well. Jeongin speaks to him, and I feel like I also need to say something.

"Hi Bang Chan, it's me."

I say it in a nervous tone, anticipation builds up in me, and I await his reaction.

Chan smiles at me when I speak and even looks me over a little from head to toe before replying to me with an open and friendly tone. At least, that's what I thought he intended to do. Actually, his sleepy voice did seem a little intimidating, especially paired with his handsome looks.

"Hey. You're the one in the room across from me, right?"

Did he forget my name?

"That's right, I'm one of your members." I smile at his tone, trying to sound friendly, though it does sound a little wonky.

Chan's smile widens. "Well, it's nice to properly meet you. im not too good with remembering names, but what was your name again?"

"Hey, I'm y/n. You should know that by now since you're the leader, right?" I shake my head at him playfully in disapproval.

Chan chuckles a little bit and then looks me up and down again. "My bad, mate. you look so different outside of the stage that i didn't recognize you at first." I raise an eyebrow. "You look good, though."

I smiled at his compliment, even though it was meant reassuringly. "Wow, I'm getting a compliment from such a beautiful human being?" I answer quickly, but the compliment still does make me blush, maybe just a tiny bit. I try to make my compliment sound as casual has his.

[No ones pov]

Chan laughs again when you call him a beautiful human being, but he also feels somewhat surprised at the fact that you're genuinely blushing now. This makes him a little happy, and it just makes him want to compliment you even more. "You're really adorable. i was actually kind of curious. Are you dating Jeongin?"

You flinch at his words. "Oh, ummm..." You begin to say now blushing even more considering the awkward situation you too had earlier.

Chan can't help but raise an eyebrow a little bit at your reaction. He can't help but wonder why you began to blush even harder after he asked if you and jeongin were dating. He just wanted to tease you too a bit. "What? is there something more between you two that i dont know of?"

Jongin looks at chan now, feeling surprised that he actually thought you two could be a couple.

"No, no, we're not dating." You chuckle nervously. 'Why didn't Jeongin say anything? He's just looking at chan. AND CHAN CALLED ME ADORABLE!' You hide your face in your hands.

Chan thinks it's really cute just how flustered you become after he compliments you. He can see that you're trying to hide your red face. It's making him want to compliment you even more, so of course, he decides to go for it.

"If you're not dating jeongin, then how about you just date someone like me instead?" He is obviously being very flirty on purpose now, trying to make you blush just a little bit more. Chan tries to play it off as a silly joke by adding a quick chuckle after.

"Wh- What?" You look at him in shock but then bury your face in your hands again. You thought he hated you. So that's what you said. "Don't you hate me?"

Chan's eyes widen as he suddenly realizes that you thought he hated you all this time. He can't help but feel a bit guilty as he remembers all the times you seemed tense around him and how you never smiled at him. He wants you to stop burying your face in your hands and to look at him.

"What? why would you even think that? no, i dont hate you. i was just being cold around you because of certain things, but i really dont hate you."

"Oh- oh! This really is a roller-coaster of emotions tonight." You feel confused and look at him. "So what things?"

"Well, it's just that you're really different from all of us. You aren't too friendly or talkative like everyone else, and you always kept your distance from us as well."

You tilt your head. 'So chan thinks im a socially awkward person... great... But i guess his disntance makes sense now.' "Oh, I haven't seen it like that..."

Chan nods his head when you reply, understanding how he may have been the one to give you that impression. He feels really bad about acting like this for so long and regrets it a lot. "Hmm... if you're okay answering this, just out of curiosity, why do you keep to yourself so much? you never seem to actually want to socialize with anyone."

"I guess I just haven't got the chance to get close to anyone. I thought you all hated me just a few minutes ago. Especially after an incident i had with Hyunjin just recently." Your smile falters at the last sentence. You pull my hoodie over your hands and look back at Chan.

Chan stops smiling as soon as you mention the incident with hyunjin, looking concerned at you. He's seen how hyunjin likes messing with people and he's sure he was sure he had heard some shouting earlier. He can't help but feel guilty for not having done anything about it, actually.

"Hmm... yeah. hyunjin always takes things too far... i always have to interfere before his jokes get too mean. i'm sorry that you felt this way this whole time, that must have been tough for you."

You smile at him trying to understand. "I don't think that what happened is a joke of Hyunjins in any way." You look at chan with curiosity. 'Have I gained another friend?'

Chan nods his head understandingly once more. If hyunjin had really bothered you this much, then he understands why you never wanted to get close to any of them and why you believed that they all hated you.

"I've talked to hyunjin about his actions numerous times, but they dont seem to be getting any better... It's honestly quite tiring having to watch over him before he gets everyone too mad. I'm sorry for the way he keeps making you feel."

"He's a real troublemaker huh?" You fidget with my fingers but try to lighten the mood by smiling at chan.

"So how's being a leader Chan?" You change the subject trying to ease them a bit.

This sudden change of topic does help to shift things away from Hyunjin for now, and chan looks a little relieved that this discussion isn't revolving around Hyunjin anymore. He smiles at you and shrugs his shoulders.

"It's alright so far. I just feel like i dont have the best bond with everyone yet, and im struggling to understand everyone's feelings. It doesn't seem as easy as i thought it would be, really."

"Interesting, thank you for sharing.  I'm sure you'll soon get along with everyone better we just have to bond a bit." You smile at both Chan and Jeongin.

Chan feels a little relieved now that the situation is back to being relaxed as he can't help but smile at your response. It certainly doesn't feel like you guys can't get along anymore now, which makes both him and you happy.

"I sure hope that's true. I do kind of think that it'll be hard to get along with someone as awkward and antisocial as you though... but honestly, you dont seem that bad now that i've actually got to speak to you properly."

You chuckle at Chans joke and subconsciously lay your arm on his shoulder. "You seem really bad though, compared to me," you playfully say.

Chan is taken aback by how you've just suddenly laid your arm on his shoulder so casually and he feels his face start to grow a little bit warm. He tries to keep his cool though. "Bad? me? why would you say that?" He chuckles.

You remove my arm again and put up a finger to scold Chan playfully. "You can't just flirt with members like that." You laugh and look over to Jeongin.

Chan blushes when you tell him that he shouldnt flirt with members like that and he also can't help but laugh at you scolding him like this. He actually finds you to be adorable and he likes how much you've loosened up already compared to the beginning.

Jeongin has remained silent for the entire conversation as he's watching you two, feeling very happy for you both. He looks towards you and chan now with a smile. "Are you two getting along fine now?"

"No, he's too flirty. Let's move on to the next member," I pout playfully. And chuckle right after signalling Jeongin to the door. "Now that I'm on a streak, I want to find the next one who doesn't hate me!" I say enthusiastically and smile brightly at the both of them.

Chan laughs softly once more. You seem so excited to start going around and talking to them all now and it makes chan happy to see you so eager to want to be on better terms with them. Jeongin smiles back at you when you smile brightly at him, and he decides to follow you.

"Have a good night, Chan, rest well even though it's without me," I say teasingly before closing the door to go into the living room.

Chan laughs out loud in his room. He was enjoying this casual conversation with you and he's also enjoying joking around with you quite a bit.

Jeongin has followed you out to the living room now and he's feeling pretty proud at how things have been going so far between you and his friend.

"So who's next I.N?" You say excitedly.

Jeongin chuckles softly once more to see you so excited and he shakes his head. "I think they've already gone to sleep for the night. It's extremely late already. Are you sure you even want to wake up more?"

You gasp. "You're right! We shouldn't wake up any members! I think we have dance practice tomorrow! So what are you going to do now?"

"I'm probably gonna go to bed myself, actually... I want to make sure I get at least a bit of sleep for tomorrow, after all." Jeongin yawns after finishing what he's saying and looks towards you. It seems like he's already really tempted to just go to bed right now.

"Well then, sleepy fox, get your well-earned sleep. You seem tired, and you've been so helpful today. I appreciate you a lot. Thank you, sweetie." You smile at him brightly but then yawn as well.

Jeongin's eyes widen for a slight second when you call him sweetie. He feels his cheeks get a slight shade of red, and he tries to hide it with another yawn.

"I can't believe you just called me that."
He says this jokingly, but you can't help but notice that his voice also sounds a little shaky, and there's a slight blush on his cheeks.

"What? Aren't you a little cute fox?" I tease him again, laughing, also noticing his pink tinted checks.

"I... you're... youre doing this to make me blush?"

Jeongin seems really flustered now. you've somehow managed to make someone as confident as Jeongin blush and he cant help but start covering up his blush even more by trying to laugh it off.

"haha... well... you did call me a little cute fox just now..."

You get more confident as he begins to blush even more. Empored by his nervousness, you flirt with him a bit more in a playful way.

"You want to be MY cute little fox instead?"

You wink at him and chuckle right after, loving his reaction to this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 23 22
Y/n is the 9th member of stray kids and her brother is Kim Namjoon [I will included Woojin in the story till he leave the group so don't come at me...
54.4K 1.4K 92
Stray Kids is a group of eight. Bang Chan, oldest and leader of the group. Minho, second oldest and cat of the group. Changbin, the third oldest and...
86.8K 2.5K 38
When you accidentally add your future best friend to your group chat. Yenne is a girl struggling with uni, she's stressed, burned out, and on the ver...
25.9K 699 50
It's hard being in the spotlight, especially when you have the biggest crush on one of your group mates. Stray Kids all find themselves in a tangle o...