𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐇 πŒπ„, π’πˆπ‘

By AnneClinton

Meet Hailey McAdams, a star student known for her sharp mind and bold words. She never guessed that her quiet... More

AESTHETICS
1|See You Again
2|New Destinations
3|Oh Boy, Karma Is A Bitch!
4|Devil As A Teacher
5|You're Impossible
6|I Wanna Be Yours
7|The Fault In My Stars
9| When Did I Say I Hated You?
10|I'm Sorry
11|Cloudy With A Chance Of Rain
12|Trouble In Paradise?
13|Impenetrable
14|Covetousness
15|I Like Your Smile
16|She's Back
17|Pangs
18|A Forbidden Temptation
19|Whispers Of Desire
20|Dawn's Secret : Silent Glances & Untold Vows
21|Melodies Of Longing
22|Whispers In The Rain
23|Hearts On Fire

8|Not Again, Ugh!

248 13 8
By AnneClinton

"Oh Dang, Oh My, Now I Can't Hide Said I Knew Myself But I Guess I Lied" Nightbirde

Chapter Theme Song: It's Okay - Nightbirde

••

Was it fate or coincidence?

"You should watch where you're going. And how did you get in here?'' this son of a....gosh why must he always be around when something like this happens?

''I wasn't the one who badged in here without
knocking. Perhaps you're the intruder'' I shot back in a high tone.

''And why would I, when its my room?'' Oh, Dammit! Way to go, Hailey.

Not backing down, ''If I'd any idea this was your space, I wouldn't be here. Excuse me, and thanks for saving me from falling"

I ran out of there as quick as my feet could carry me. I met Jared and he seemed to have been looking for me. How long did I take in there?

''Here you are. Been looking all over for you, then Maxine told me you'd to use the restroom'' Thank you Maxine, I'm still a little annoyed with what she did though.

''Yes, I missed you''

He led us back to the garden, just two of us alone swinging in the porch seat. This afternoon has been a rollercoaster of adventures and overall, it's been great meeting his parents and his Mom's family. I hope nothing ever comes between us - college or not.

''Can I ask you a question?'' facing him now, my hands fidgeting on my lap.

''Anything you want, I'll answer'' he's sweet.

''Are you going to get tired of waiting for me? You know we talked about what I wanted and all, I am not ready to go down that lane''

Taking my fidgety hands, he held eye contact for a brief period, ''I'll never get tired of you. I don't love you cause I wanna get into your pants, I love you for who you are. And nothing or no one will change that" I was close to tears at this point.

''Thank you. For proving your love to me on every step of the way, I'm ready to make this work''

''Does it mean, you agree to be my girlfriend?''

''Yes'' he stroke my hair, inching closer until his lips brushed against mine. It was the happiest day of my life, I was Jared's girlfriend. I'm excited and thrilled to sharing the next phase with him in it.

••

Sunday's were one of those days I loved, more especially because my Dad was coming back home today. And Mom and I were driving to pick him at the airport. Hence I woke up a little early, wore a dark jeans with round neck shirt.
I've always been a daddy's girl, though I was also a mummy's girl - I was more of the daddy's.

I hadn't told Mom about yesterday yet, I was going to tell her. And so, I knocked on her door, then I heard her ask me to enter.

"How're you, Hailey?"

"I'm fine, Mom. I have something I need to tell you" I said sitting down beside her on the bed.

"Speak to me" this shouldn't be difficult. You can do it, Hailey.

"It's about Jared and I. We're official now, I said yes to being his girlfriend"

"I thought so. You looked pretty much happier when you returned, but are you sure about what you feel?"

"Yes Mom, I like him a lot. He makes me happy and I feel safe around him"

"If this is what you want, I'll support you. Don't force yourself if you later realize it isn't working, okay?"

"I won't . Thank you, I love you "

"I love you too "

Now that was out, can't wait to see my father. I wished the time would triple up so it was finally time to meet him. I used the opportunity to FaceTime the girls, and they almost blew my ears off. Ashley wouldn't stop telling me how stupid Kayla was going to look when she heard about us. Who cares about a high school Queen B wannabe. Not like I cared, she'll live - Kayla doesn't take an L. Jared and I won't stop her, but I know Jared would never have anything with her.

Speaking of my boyfriend, he was ringing my phone. I wonder what he wants, hmm.

H: Hello, you missed me already?

J: I miss you every second that passes.

H: Aawww cute you. I miss you too.

J: Want to go out for ice cream later tonight? I have an early flight to catch tomorrow, I have a few assignments to submit then I'll be officially done with high school.

H: I'd love to. And Jared, I'm proud of you. We'll celebrate during vacation.

J: Counting down already.

H: Got to go, see you later. Kisses and hugs. Mwah.

J: I love you, take care and be safe.

With how my Mom kept staring at me, It was either she heard my conversation with Jared by being in the right place at the right time. Or she might've eavesdropped on me - which wasn't her, so I'd go with the first. We had to head to the airport for my dad, who I was more than thrilled to see. And I'm praying he gets to be around for a while - his company here needed him too.

''Mom, can we keep this between us for now? Please?'' I wanted my dad to get settled first, he can be a little overprotective when it had to do with my love life. To be fair, he's part of the reasons I don't just accept anybody - aside my very long list of pro's and con's.

''Don't take too long, you know how your father gets about hiding things from him''

''Yes Mom, I won't'' the airport was a bit further from our place, but Mom couldn't wait to have her husband in her arms, she drove extra kilometers, only made sure to not pass the speed limit.

When we finally arrived at the airport, we'd to wait for a sign of my dad. It wasn't long before we saw him from a distance, and we both ran towards him and two of his men holding his luggage.

''My favorite women''

''Dad. I missed you so much''

"I missed you even more, Pumpkin'' we got wrapped in a tight hug, and Mom had to clear her throat before we let go.

''Can I have my husband now?'' I will let her have her way this time round, I'll have the last victory.

After all said and done, we were on our way home. Only this time, we were been driven by one of my Dad's personal security who accompanies him on all his business trips. Talmbout being security conscious.

''Before I forget, I invited my long time pal over for dinner. He'll be coming with his wife and son as well'' Not this, I have an Ice Cream date with my boyfriend.

''What's wrong, Pumpkin? You don't seem too happy'' Yeah cause my plans are being ruined. My boyfriend leaves tomorrow, and I won't be able to spend the last moments with him tonight.

''It's just I wasn't expecting this, I had plans for tonight'' he saw my gloom and extended his hand to hold mine.

''I'm sorry, Pumpkin. It was the only time we could agree on; we're both busy people. I'll personally make it up to you and your plans'' smiling a bit, I decided to send a brief but detailed text to Jared explaining why our date would not come off as planned.

I wasn't mad, I wasn't ecstatic either - but if Dad had specifically invited them tonight, then it must be very important. My Dad isn't known for having a gathering no matter the numbers, he never compromises his first days of returning from business conferences. It won't kill me to show my unrequited support. Who knows maybe I may end up enjoying their company.

I tried on different dresses when we got back, walking straight into my closet. I wanted something casual, also something appropriate for hosting a dinner. Nothing too extravagant, at the same time , it should scream elegant and simple. So when my eyes landed on the red knee length, spaghetti strand dress, I knew this was it. Putting it on my body, standing right in front of the mirror, I was beyond a doubt convinced this was the one. Going into the shoe closet, I took an open toed silver two inches heel. To compliment the look I was going for tonight. Elegant yet simple subtle glam.

Now that all was set, let's take a quick shower and get dressed. After leaving the bathroom,at first, what to do with my hair was tougher than I'd projected it to be. So, whenever I was undecided, I went along with my go to hair style. Which was a semi-messy ponytail. And it always worked, no makeup tonight, just a lip gloss, eyeliner and silver earrings.

"This should do it. You look good" I told my reflection in the mirror then left to the visitors room.

Dad and Mom were already there when I arrived.

"You look heavenly, Pumpkin"my Dad complimented.

"Thank you,Dad. You look great too"

"You too ,Mom. You look amazing"turning to her.

"Thank you, Hailey. You're a sight to behold yourself" she responded.

My Mom and I had to supervise the workers and help in setting up the dinning table with plates, cutlery and glasses. It was almost six and Dad had just finished speaking with his friend who was a minute away.

I left them to use the washroom shortly. Trying to beat the time, so I made it quick and headed back right when the guests had just arrived. And lo, it was none other than the Torres'. Please just be the older couple. Always the universe has to disobey me, walked in with his Mom was my worst nightmare. Dude, can I not catch a break from him? I had to deal with his ass yesterday and now tonight? It's clear now, the universe hates my guts, ain't gonna lie.

"Hailey. It's wonderful meeting you again"oh shit, should've known.

"Same here, Mr Torres" he held me in a warm hug.

I proceeded to welcome his wife who we'd gotten along pretty well and I'd to swallow my pride and indifference to welcome him as well against everything I held towards him.

"I didn't know you've met my daughter" my dad said.

"Oh Abraham, of course I have, and you weren't wrong about her. She's a beautiful young lady and very intelligent too"

"She is. Let's head to the table, shall we?" He led the way.

"Can I be excused? I need to make a quick call" you could take an excuse to get yourself out of here.

"Hailey, please show him to the guest room"why me, can't he go by himself?

Not wanting to raise any suspicion, I led the way, he followed suit. I walked to the end before stopping at the door to the guest room.

"Here, you can have all the privacy you want" I told him, and for the umpteenth time, does he have bad days on looking so good? Cause right now, it was difficult not to admire the man before my eyes.

"It's wrong to stare, especially at your teacher" he broke me from my reverie.

"And who said I was staring at you?" No, no, Hailey.

"Okay. If you say so, why aren't you trying to get away from me? We both know you can't stand me, Ms McAdams? Hmm?" He was taunting me, I know damn well he was.

"Not everyone sees you as a mini god, just because you think you're handsome and whatnot" please shut up.

"I don't remember mentioning anything about my physique. And if you'll know, I don't walk around showing off" keep saying what you believe.

"Actions speak louder than words" I'm tired of you, please just keep quiet, Hailey. You know you're lying.

He walked closer towards me, trapping me between the wall and himself. I felt hot, my palms were all sweaty. I could feel his warm breath fanning my face, and his cologne entering my nostrils. He smelt really good, I was intoxicated in his cologne.

"Do I make you nervous?"

"PFT...why would I be nervous? "Yeah, keep lying to yourself.

"Then I assume the change of color on your cheeks, the twitching and uneven breath are nothing, hmm?" What is he doing to me? I should push him and run back, but I didn't want to. I wanted to see to the end of whatever this was.

"I don't know what you are talking about" denial is like a river.

Taking a hand and tucking a strand of hair behind my ears, I shut my eyes only to realize his withdrawal. What was I expecting? For him to kiss me? Ew No!

"In as much as I'd like to stay here and banter with you, I have an important call to make. And thank you" he left just like that, as if nothing had happened.

He left me a hot freaking mess. What the actual hell was all that about?

~

______________________________________________

A/N : 🙌🏽💜!  Thank you guys for 464 reads and 51 votes; I appreciate it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 262 54
Eli is like everybody, a normal senior high school student who wanted to make her last year in high school memorable. She's dealing with some emotion...
197K 2.6K 31
'ππŽπ“ π„π•π„π‘π˜ π‘πŽπŒπ€ππ‚π„ 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐒 𝐈𝐍 π“π‘π€π†π„πƒπ˜." πŸ₯€ 18 year old Elyria Bennett gets kept behind a year in school due to failing her...
33.2K 2.2K 42
[Complete] A professor x student, feel-good, romantic comedy. *** Lexi was used to working behind the scenes at her family's small private investi...
12.3M 63.9K 10
Love comes in all shapes and forms, but Kelly Young had no idea it'd come in the form of her most hated teacher, Mr. Todd. β€’A Student x Teacher Roman...