The Art of Revenge

By upthere

After being cheated on, Peyton Brandt feels like crap. She goes the whole summer in her house only surviving... More

01 - The Plan
02 - Hair, Clothes, Everything.
04 - PDA
05 - Dance
06 - Food Fight
07 - One Of A Kind
08 - Stupid Music
09 - Hide and Seek
10 - Just The Way You Are
11 - Aftermath
12 - The Kiss
13 - Preparations
14 - Stories From the Past
15 - Not Alone
16 - Three Things
17 - Old Kayla
18 - Trip to the Hospital
19 - Surprise at Home
20 - The Truth Hurts
21 - Caught in Action
22 - Fake
23 - All Alone
24 - Disappear
25 - Breakdown
26 - A Haunted Night
27 - Dancing with Fire
28 - Jace's POV
29 - Fire Mutt
30 - Home Sweet Home
31 - Anything For You
32 - Back to School
33 - Kayla's Story
34 - Are You Sure?
35 - Confession
36 - Paradise
The Art of Plagiarizers [PLEASE READ]
37 - Boyfriend
38 - Admitting It
39 - Final Goodbyes
Epilogue
Sneak peek of TAOR sequel - The Art of Moving On!
Bonus Chapter: Jace's POV

03 - Dillon

36.5K 728 81
By upthere

New cover! :)

Also, this story has a lot of dance involved with it so whenever there's a dance in a chapter, a video of choreography to the song will be put in the sidebar. It makes it fun :)

Also! I don't dance so I probably won't describe it that well but it's a major character in the story.

PICTURE OF JACE IN THE SIDEBAR!

Off to the story!

________________________________________________

            I sat in my room as I waited for my brother to stop yelling at Jace in the room next to mine. I

            “I can’t believe you’re doing this! She’s my little sister who just got hurt by some jerk and you have to come along now! I swear… this girl is going to hate high school because of the mess hormonal guys make!”

It’s too late for that.  

            I sighed and messed with my fingers as I waited for my brother to give me some sort of lecture on guys.

            After a few more minutes, the yelling stopped and I heard my brother’s door open. I sat up on my bed and soon my sibling appeared in front of me.

            “You probably know what I’m going to say… but I don’t know anymore.” Dillon ran a hand through his brown hair and took a seat next to me. “After hearing what Jace had to say… I really don’t know.

            My heart thumped in my chest. Did he tell him the plan? Oh please no, that would be horrible.

            “I approve. He really likes you and I haven’t seen him like this with any other girl, I hope you guys have a good time together. But Peyton, if he ever hurts you in any way…” He smiled and sliced his throat in a warning gestured. “I’m the man to call.”

            I couldn’t say anything because I’m still in shock. My brother actually likes this? What is going on with society? I think I’m going to get dizzy from all these surprises.

            “Oh, and don’t kiss in front of me. I may be cool with this idea but I don’t want to throw-up every day.” He winked at me then left the room.

             I sat on my bed with a million thoughts going through my head. What did Jace say to my brother? How will he react when Jace and I ‘break up?’ I buried my face into my pillows and sighed. What the hell did I get myself into?

            “Knock-knock,” someone said from the door. I sat up and saw a smiling Jace leaning against the doorway. “So did you hear? He’s alright with it… girlfriend.” He winked, walking over to my bed to take a seat.

            “Better not be making out up there!” I heard Dillon call. “Leave the door open!”

            I blushed and looked over at Jace who was smirking now. “I have no idea why he’s okay with this…” I muttered.     

            “It’s from what I said, I made up some BS story and he believed it.” Jace shrugged then ran a hand through his dark hair. “We should probably do the Facebook stuff now…”

            I nodded and grabbed my laptop. I gave it to Jace who went to his email and pulled up some pictures that his sister sent five minutes ago. He saved them to my desktop without looking at them then logged into his account on Facebook. He went to his account settings then changed his relationship status from single to in a relationship. He tagged me as his girlfriend then went to change his profile picture.

            “Do you want the kiss or the one of us posing?” He asked.

            “I-I don’t care,” I stuttered out, my heart pounding in my chest.

            He laughed, “I’ll take the posing one so my friends don’t think that I’m just using you.” He took that picture then soon his profile had Jace Harley, in a relationship with Peyton Brandt and to prove it there was a picture.  “You’re next.”

            I sighed and logged into my own account. I changed everything like Jace did and we waited for a few minutes until people started blowing up my notifications.

            The first one was from one of Dillon’s friends on my photo of Jace and I kissing: He said, Whoa, never thought I would see the day this would happen.

            I looked at the picture myself: My arms were around Jace’s neck while his rested on my hips. Our lips were connecting and his had a slight smile on them. The background had a tree as if cast shadows on our bodies. It was a beautiful photo and even though it wasn’t real, I loved it.

            I heard Jace chuckle from behind me. On his status, Lindsay commented with a sad face. I liked his status and his picture to prove that this was true as more and more comments came pouring in. A lot of them were surprised while others said how cute we looked together and they ‘knew this would happen eventually.’ Some people said how they liked my hair and that it complimented me.

            My phone started ringing and I answered it. The voice of my best friend, Lauren came screaming to me. “Why didn’t you tell me that you’re dating Jace freaking Harley?”

            Lauren has always had a little crush on Jace. She’s always wanted herself or me to go out with him to see how he’s really like. Right now she probably thinks this is a dream, I know for a fact she’s freaking out right now. But who wouldn’t? Jace is the hottest guy in school who wasn’t a complete douche bag and used girls. In some ways, he was every girl’s perfect guy. Now he’s all mine. Well, that’s what people think.

            I laughed quietly and looked at my ‘boyfriend.’ “It just sort of… happened today.” I said after a few seconds.

            “Wow, this is crazy! I can’t believe it… Oh gosh, Sean is going to be so jealous! Good job on your rebound guy by the way.”

            “He’s not my rebound guy…” I said. “I do like him.” I’ve always hated lying to my best friend. She always knows when it happens because my face becomes red… like my hair now. Thank goodness we’re by phone call.

            “And you dyed your hair? It looks great in his picture since I can hardly see it in yours with you two smacking lips.” Lauren laughed and I heard her younger brother yelling in the background.

            “Well…” I said with my blush creeping onto my face.

            “Ha! You aren’t going to deny it because it’s true.” She said smugly. “Well I’m going, see you before school starts!” The phone call dropped.

            “Nice friend you got there,” Jace chuckled and I sighed.

            “She’s crazy… I really hate lying to her though.” I sighed and he shrugged.

            “This was your idea. I just want to know what women really think.” I laughed and he sat there with a huge smile that made his light blue eyes sparkle. He was hot, very hot. And now he’s technically my boyfriend.

            “Okay rule number one: Girls hate it when you flirt with a million girls when you’re dating. It’s not cool at all,” I said.

            “I know it’s not cool, that’s exactly what Sean did to you.” Jace nodded and I pursed my lips, willing myself not to cry. “Oh shit, I’m sorry.”

            “It’s nothing…” I said quietly. Jace surprised me by pulling my body to his for a bear hug.

            “Don’t say it’s nothing.” He muttered into my hair. “He hurt you and now you’re getting revenge by using me.”

            I laughed quietly, “Using. That sounds like such a bad word.”

            “Whoa, I leave for a few minutes to see you two on the bed?” I pulled back to see Dillon with a sandwich in his hand and a smile on his face. Gosh, does that boy ever stop eating? “Little sister, I think you need to know about the birds and the bees.”

            I blushed immediately and Jace pressed a kiss to my cheek. “I can teach her if you want,” he winked and Dillon laughed.

            “Do that and you’ll be kicked out of this house,” Dillon said with a fake smile. “Forever.” He turned serious and I laughed.

            “Calm down, Dill. Nothing like that will happen.”

            “Yet,” Jace wagged his eyebrows and I slapped him on the chest.

            “Wow, you two do make a good couple. He’s a narcissistic jerk and you’re a girl who can set him straight.” Dillon said with a laugh. He took a huge bite of his sandwich and moaned happily.

            “Love you too,” Jace joked, wrapping his arms around me. Once Dillon left the room, Jace pulled away.

            “You can go hang out with Dillon, I know you don’t want to spend your time with me.” I said.

            “No, I’ll stay with you.” He insisted and I sighed.

            “Go,” I said. “I have things to do anyway.”

            He gave me a small smile, “Are you sure?”

            I laughed, “Yes! Now leave.” I grabbed his hand and led him out of my room. As soon as he was gone, I shut the door and changed into some spandex shorts and a tank top. My red hair went into a ponytail then I grabbed my ipod and went to the small dance studio my parents built for me in the basement.

            You see, my parents let both Dillon and I choose what we wanted for the house since they were always gone. Dill picked a turf field in our huge backyard and I chose my studio. Our parents are movie-directing pair, which explains why they travel around a lot and why we have so much money. Dill and I have actually met our fair share of celebrities and once walked on the red carpet. Our pictures weren’t taken but it’s a pride moment in my life.

I passed my brother and my ‘boyfriend’ playing some video games in the den and opened a door next to it to reveal a room filled with mirrors.

            I left the doors open and plugged in my ipod. I brushed through the songs until I rested on one I liked then began to dance. I’m more of a hip hop/jazz dancer. I can’t ballroom dance for the life of me.

            I spun around and kicked then heard a chuckling at the doorway. I abruptly stopped and turned to see the guys standing there with their arms crossed.

            “Good dancing,” Dillon said. “Ever think about joining the dance team at school?”

            I scrunched my nose, “Dancing in front of my peers? I’d be too embarrassed.”

            Jace’s eyes widened, “But you’re amazing!  You could dance for us during the soccer games.” He winked and I felt my face heat up.

            “I-I don’t know…” I stuttered out.

            “Dance some more.” Dillon commanded.

            “Not with you guys here.”

            “We’ll dance with you.” Jace said with a smile playing on his lips. One soon joined mine and I laughed.

            I held up my hands in a ‘whatever you say’ motion. “Fine, fine. Any song choice in mind?”

             “What’s the one dance that you did at your solo in the beginning of summer?” Dill asked as he shed his shoes.

            “Four minutes by Madonna and Justin Timberlake?” I asked. “That wasn’t really my best routine—“

            “You did great. Now play the song and do your routine! We’ll dance too.” Dillon laughed and I put on the song cautiously.

            I stood there waiting for it to stop but Dillon cleared his throat. I looked over at him with an annoyed expression.

            “I do believe you started on the ground.” He said with this arms crossed. My annoying brother stopped the song and looked at me expectantly.

            “I also ripped off my shirt and there’s no way in hell I’m doing that!” I yelled.

            “That’s something I wouldn’t mind seeing,” Jace winked.

            I groaned and got on my back. Dill nodded and started the song again. Once a few seconds passed, I kicked my body up and landed on my feet. I scowled at my brother as I looked at all of us in the mirror. Jace and Dillon were dancing randomly while I went along with my routine.

            I flowed my legs back then brought my hand along my body. I spun then whipped my hair back.

            “Damn, how are you so confident here but not in public?” Jace asked through the music. He was doing that stupid sprinkler move and I laughed.

            “I’m more comfortable.”

            I started tutting and they smiled at my dancing. I brought my arm in a circle then my hand landed on my hip at the exact moment the dance ended. The boys however, landed on one knee with a fist out. I laughed and straightened up.

            “See? You’re great, you should join the team!” Jace said with a huge smile on his face.

            I turned red, “But it’s at school where people are watching!”

            Dillon narrowed his eyes at me, “You dance at competitions all the time. Don’t tell me you’re afraid of performing.”

            “People who go to competitions actually want to see people dance. At school however… they’re mean.”

            Jace laughed, “Come on! Everyone loves the dance team.”

            “Whatever,” I muttered and brushed my bangs out of my face. I stopped the next song that was playing and sighed.

            “Oh come on, you should! It would look great on a college application.” Jace swung his arm over my shoulders with a cheeky grin.

            “I don’t know…””

            Jace leaned in and whispered into my ear. “It would make more people believe that I’m going out with you since my previous girlfriends were on some sort of school team. Plus, when you’re out there shaking your goodies it will make Sean jealous.”

            I looked at him with a bewildered expression but everything made sense… “I don’t know if I’ll make it.”

            “You will, you’re great,” Dillon encouraged. I rolled my eyes then shooed them off.

            “I need to practice then!” I laughed and they left the room.

            I smiled and turned on a new song, it was a Lady Gaga song. I started dancing along then smiled at what this day came to be. 

            I’m officially Jace Harley’s girlfriend.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 446 50
Louis and Harry deal with the consequences of becoming friends with benefits while Zayn tries to mend Liam's heartbreak that he caused. *Trigger War...
63.4K 2K 37
"I'm scared" I whisper as a tear trails down my cheek. Hayden's eyes soften as he stares down at me. He pulls me into his chest, resting his head on...
330 64 22
Trouble breaking out leading to the disappearance of the last daughter of Alpha Ace causing two kingdoms to be at bay. Growing up, Dawn has trouble w...
134K 4.7K 34
Meeting you was fate Becoming your friend was a choice But falling in love with you was beyond my control. "Single or taken?"  "It's Complicated."