Summoning Japan: Flights of t...

By KageNishi

That day, iron and blood rained down on the Folk Strait... This is a fanfiction of Minorou-sensei's "Summonin... More

Part 1: Strait of Iron and Blood | Chapter 1
Chapter 2 - Pearl Harbor in Another World
Chapter 3 - Border Sea
Chapter 4 - A Spinning World
Chapter 5 - Operation Saiyuki In Effect
Chapter 6 - Pearl Harbor Interception
Chapter 7 - Glory and Setbacks of the Gra Valkas Empire Naval Air Force
Chapter 8 - Common Sense and Uncommon Sense
Chapter 9 - Grade Atlastar Ablaze
Chapter 10 - A Fleet of Patchworks
Chapter 11 - The Injured Overlord and the Watchdogs
Chapter 12 - A Man's Flowery Road
Chapter 13 - Hybrid Front
Chapter 14 - The Hyūga Gets Hit
Chapter 15 - All Weapons Free
Chapter 16 - Strait of Iron and Blood
Final Chapter - Japanese Celgaia
Extra Chapter - ASM-2X Development Secrets
Part 2: Civilization in the Wake of War | Chapter 1
Chapter 3 - The Birth of Yamut
Chapter 4 - Aluminum Storm
Chapter 5 - Dancing Meetings and People
Chapter 6 - Naguano's Adventure
Chapter 7 - The Depressing Party
Chapter 8 - Creeping Ones
Chapter 9 - Each of the Four Is Different
Chapter 10 - Second Battle of the Folk Strait
Chapter 11 - Geopolitical Recommendations
Chapter 12 - The Superpower's Pride
Chapter 13 - Japan's Confession
Chapter 14 - Dragon Carrier Izumo
Chapter 15 - Leiforia, Nightmare Again
Chapter 16 - Fall of Valkyries
Chapter 17 - 1:48
Chapter 18 - Shaking Bridge
Chapter 19 - The Witching Hour
Chapter 20 - Operation Super Hammer II
Chapter 21 - Eve of the Storm
Chapter 22 - Ancient Weapon Pal Chimera's Fierce Might
Chapter 23 - Footsteps of Ruin
Chapter 24 - Air Raid on Ragna
Chapter 25 - The Enemy Overhead
Final Chapter - Political Turn
Part 3: Irnetia Crisis | Chapter 1
Chapter 2 - Operation Ragnarök
Chapter 3 - Misplaced Buttons
Chapter 4 - Shadow of the Pal Chimera
Chapter 5 - Battle of Irnetia
Chapter 6 - The Blue Rainbow of Death
Chapter 7 - Titan of the Dawn
Chapter 8 - Red Coast
Chapter 9 - Hymax
Chapter 10 - Out of Competition
Chapter 11 - The Lone Wolf Captain
Chapter 12 - The Lone Wolf and the Wolfpack
Chapter 13 - Excessive Interference
Chapter 14 - Magic Bulge
Chapter 15 - Stuck in Hell
Chapter 16 - Hell with a Chance of Silver Lining
Chapter 17 - Fire, Smoke, and Magic Bullets
Extra Chapter - The Secret Behind the Magic Bulge's Creation

Chapter 2 - The Dolphins That Crossed the Sea

404 23 3
By KageNishi

The sea to the east of the Mu Continent was calm.

From the helm of the large Japanese-registered car carrier DRIVE NEW WORLD, Captain Yamaguchi gazed out at the sea. The horizon stretched far into the distance, and even compared to the Earth, the sea felt vast perceptually.

"We're just 300 kilometers away, soon to reach the country of Mu."

Loaded with cars and motorcycles manufactured in Japan, the ship was headed towards Mu.

"I heard that war broke out in Catalpas, but I never thought it would become such a major event."

In addition to the DRIVE NEW WORLD, numerous cargo ships were cruising in a vertical line. Surrounding them from the front, rear, and both sides were the escort ships of Escort Flotilla 4.

"Well, you never know what might happen. It's better to have them around, just in case. Better safe than sorry."

. . .

The Maritime Self-Defense Force's Escort Flotilla is a unit literally created for escorting groups of ships. After calculating the necessary forces to escort a fleet against submarine attacks, it was concluded that eight escort ships and eight helicopters were needed.

Based on this, the new Eight-Eight Fleet Plan was formulated, and four escort flotillas were organized. Each escort flotilla consists of one helicopter destroyer, two missile destroyers, and five general-purpose destroyers. For long-distance voyages, the current Escort Flotilla 4 is also accompanied by the supply ship Hamana.

The swift realization of the convoy fleet was a manifestation of the government's sense of crisis and was driven by certain circumstances.

. . .

In the flagship Kaga's FIC, flotilla commander Miura listened to the hydrophone operator's report.

"Are you sure it is an unknown submarine?"

"Yes, sir. It surfaced five minutes ago. The position is approximately 20 nautical miles to the west. The acoustic features resemble those recorded by the Takanami. It's likely a boat of the same class."

"Show me the data of the submarine that the Takanami sank."

Miura glanced at the displayed data on the screen.

"A submarine carrier, huh? It looks similar to the old Navy's I-400."

"It's not just similar. It's as identical as the Grade Atlastar to the Yamato."

Upon hearing the staff officer's words, Miura scratched his head.

"Even though they claim to be from a completely different world... why are their weapons so similar?"

"It hasn't been confirmed that it's the Gra Valkas Empire yet."

"Well, never mind about bringing out the Grade Atlastar... So, it's surfacing, not periscope depth?"

"Yes, sir. Surfacing."

"Unlike the one faced by the Takanami, they seem to be planning to launch their plane. Be prepared for anti-air combat just in case. And, of course, be ready for anti-submarine combat too."

. . .

"Hehehe... Found them!!"

The special attack aircraft Acrux was launching from the Cetus-class. Its pilot, Astor, licked his lips in satisfaction. But he had no time to reminisce about the past.

. . .

"Seaplane confirmed. Confirming the markings. A white cross superimposed on a red circle, it's the Gra Valkas Empire."

Miura frowned.

"Priority is to ensure the safety of civilian ships. Commence anti-air combat."

A missile was launched from the missile destroyer Shimakaze. Shortly after, the missile exploded in the air.

"Enemy aircraft shot down. Anti-air combat over."

"This is the sonar. The submarine has started a rapid dive."

"Captain, deploy the Seahawk to attack the submarine."

"Yes, sir. Launch the Seahawk."

Miura scratched his head again.

"It's within the rules of engagement ROE, but it's going to cause a stir again in the public."

The sacking of the Myōkō's captain after the clash off the Kingdom of Fenn still lingered in the field.

"It'll be fine. Pearl Harbor Interception was well-received by the public."

To the optimistic words of the staff officer, Miura felt a headache coming on.

"But criticism will definitely arise."

"Those people will criticize us no matter what we do. It's pointless to worry about it."

"What are you, Hitler?"

"Huh?"

"Are you a racist?"

"No, I'm not. Even with such people, I will protect the Japanese people. I am a Self-Defense Force member."

. . .

A helicopter took off from the Kaga's flight deck.

Watching the scene, Captain Yamaguchi murmured, "Just the usual patrol? Well, this is peaceful."

As the Shimakaze was positioned away from the DRIVE NEW WORLD, Yamaguchi hadn't seen the missile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In addition to the convoy, there was a unit from the JASDF that crossed to Mu by air. It was the 4th Air Wing's 11th Squadron, consisting of T-4 trainers. The visit of the squadron, comprising eight T-4s, was made possible by an invitation from the Muish government. Surprisingly, an unexpected man had worked behind the scenes to make this visit a reality.

At the Ainank Airport's VIP lounge, Myrus and Air Force dignitaries awaited the squadron's arrival.

An airport staff member entered the room, "I apologize for the wait. They will be landing soon."

Upon the staff member's words, everyone stood up and headed towards the rooftop. As they watched, eight T-4s with a two-tone color scheme of blue and white successfully landed.

. . .

The 11th Squadron of the 4th Air Wing is known by the nickname Blue Impulse. However, Blue Impulse typically operates in a formation of six planes, and among the eight planes, two are T-4 Kai trainers that were discreetly transported to Mu, disguised within the Blue Impulse. The two T-4 Kai were moved to a separate hangar from the actual Blue Impulse. There, the group that had been waiting earlier was ready.

Four Muish nationals, with two in each plane, descended from the cockpit. They had undergone training at the Ashiya Air Base's 13th Flight Training Wing and the Hamamatsu Base's 1st Technical School.

The four immediately saluted, and at the scene was the top of the Air Force uniformed personnel.

"Great effort. I'm glad you returned safely."

"Yes, sir. It's an honor," Mineis, the representative among the four, responded.

"The government paid three billion Japanese yen to acquire these planes."

"Is it that expensive!?" Mineis asked in surprise.

"The unit price for each aircraft is 2,2 billion yen, but we didn't buy them; it's a rental. The majority of the cost is for modifications," Myrus explained.

However, noticing the puzzled expressions of the pilots, he realized he had forgotten to introduce himself.

"I am Technical Officer Myrus. The remaining expenses cover the cost of your training, the personnel expenses for the Japanese who will support you here, and the cost of consumables."

. . .

The T-4 Kai, as the name implies, underwent modifications from the mass-produced T-4. In simple terms, it has been armed. It now carries a 7,62 mm gun pod under its fuselage. This was implemented in the second prototype but removed from the production models. In addition, it can carry a JLAU-3/A rocket pod capable of loading nineteen 2,75-inch rockets. These rockets were in transit on the Hamana, part of the convoy fleet. While these pods have been in use since the establishment of the JASDF, they are expected to retire soon due to the covert mass production of JDAMs.

Japan and Mu, having experienced the Battle of Cartalpas, had been working clandestinely to establish security agreements. As a groundwork for this, the lending of the T-4 Kai was carried out. The intention was to build trust by accumulating such achievements. Both Mu, desiring weapons to counter the Gra Valkas Empire, and Japan, wanting to use Mu as a bulwark against it, found their aspirations aligning perfectly. Interestingly, this mirrored the structure of the old-world Japan-US Security Treaty, although the roles were reversed.

. . .

"With this, our country can finally achieve the long-cherished goal of operating jet planes."

The statement from the Air Force commander may sound a bit exaggerated, but it is not a falsehood. Those who underwent training at the Hamamatsu Base were not only pilots. Maintenance personnel, controllers, and even firefighters received training. For repairs and extensive maintenance, they still had to rely on Japan, but for routine operations, Mu's military personnel were gradually becoming self-sufficient. Like the rockets, they were also on their way to Mu aboard the convoy.

"All that's left is to wait for the convoy to arrive safely."

"That should be fine. Japanese Escort Flotilla 4 is escorting them. They are scheduled to arrive in Mykal tomorrow."

Myrus vouched for it.

. . .

Just as Japan has the Emperor's Birthday, Mu has the King's Birthday. This day is a national holiday, and a large ceremony is held in the capital, Otaheit. The Blue Impulse was slated to perform aerobatic flights at this ceremony. There were dual purposes: to appeal to the intimacy between the two countries and to enlighten Mu's citizens and military about the performance of Japanese aircraft.

Therefore, the fact that Blue Impulse would perform was widely publicized among the citizens. However, exposure to the promotion is not limited to the citizens of the country. The Magicaraich Community and the Nigrat Union, who were attending the Eleven Countries Leadership Conference, decided to send not only ambassadors but also military attachés to the ceremony. The kingdoms of Sonal and Pamir, which had no previous contact with Japan, also decided similarly to send ambassadors and military attachés.

The uninvited guests were also decided to appear on the scene.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since Mu's currency and exchange rate are not shown in the OG, the numbers are given in yen.

- Mukyomukyo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 55.6K 103
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
130K 4.6K 39
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
180K 3.8K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
706K 25.9K 101
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...