Shattered Souls (BTS)

By littletroublemaker_

Escaping fate is not easy. Growing up with a soulless mother, Madeline didn't want a soul mate. But when she... More

Authors Note
Chapter 1: Madeline
Chapter 2: Madeline
Chapter 3: BTS
Chapter 4: Jungkook
Chapter 5: Madeline
Chapter 6: Yoongi
Chapter 7: Madeline
Chapter 8: Hoseok
Chapter 9: Madeline
Chapter 10: Madeline
Chapter 11: Namjoon
Chapter 12: Madeline
Chapter 13 - Seokjin
Chapter 14 - Taehyung
Chapter 15: Jimin
Chapter 16: Hoseok
Chapter 17: Jimin
Chapter 18: Madeline
Chapter 19: Madeline
Chapter 20 - Namjoon
Chapter 21 - Madeline
Chapter 22 - Madeline
Chapter 23 - Madeline
Chapter 24: Seokjin
Chapter 25 - Madeline
Chapter 26 - Jungkook
Chapter 27: Madeline
Chapter 28: Yoongi
Chapter 29: Madeline
Chapter 30: Madeline
Chapter 31: Madeline
Chapter 32: Seokjin
Chapter 33: Madeline
Chapter 34: Namjoon
Chapter 36: Madeline
Chapter 37: Hoseok
Chapter 38: Madeline
Chapter 39: Jimin
Chapter 40: Madeline
Chapter 41: Madeline
Chapter 42: Taehyung
Chapter 43: Madeline
Chapter 44: Madeline

Chapter 35: Madeline

1.1K 67 4
By littletroublemaker_

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, Liberty, Destined, and The King's Lost Queen. You can also read ahead of my new stories Shattered Souls plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Word count: 2360

A BLISSFUL WEEK had passed. Madeline had spent several hours around her soul mates, getting to know them. She tried to branch off and spend time with them separately but it was difficult when they were all vying for her attention.

She had never had people fight for attention before. It felt...strange. It worried her that battling for her attention would shift from something harmless to destruction. The last thing she wanted was to cause a rift between them.

Madeline often brought these concerns up to Namjoon when she got a moment since she felt he was the best at producing a logical answer to appease her. He would always assure her that they had years to prepare for this. Sure, they would experience jealousy whenever she gave attention to one of them more but they also loved and respected each other. They were all testing the waters and finding a balance.

Today, she was planning to show the maknae's at her father's home. They had expressed their curiosity about where she grew up. Since she never wanted them to see her mother's home, she decided to take her to her true home.

The three of them were ready when she arrived at their rented place. Taehyung produced the keys to his car, smiling at her with his bright smile.

Her heart nearly stuttered at the sight of him. He looked too good. They all did. Jungkook was wearing black clothes that were loose but still gave a hint of his impressive physique. Jimin and Taehyung wore designer outfits—dressed to impress.

She wondered if it was because they were going to meet her father.

"You guys look great," She commented, hoping it would ease any worries they had.

"Thanks, Madi. So do you," Jimin murmured, without even realizing he had called her by her nickname. It was the first time any of them had affectionately shortened her name. She assumed it was because they didn't want to make her uncomfortable. Madeline was used to people calling her 'Madi' or 'Mads' but something felt different hearing it from her soul mates.

A faint blush coated Jimin's cheeks as he realized what he called her.

She didn't bring it up, hoping he knew that she didn't mind.

They walked towards the rental car and hopped in. Madeline opted to take one of the back seats, unaware that the boys were fighting over who would sit beside her. Taehyung was the only one who didn't. Instead, he climbed into the driver's seat and pouted. It seemed the maknae's had delegated him as the driver.

From the many BTS episodes she had seen, Madeline knew he was one of the best drivers. They never felt unsafe when he was driving.

"Come on, Kookie. I don't stand a chance at winning rock, paper, scissors. You always win." Jimin whined from outside the car.

"I know," Jungkook grinned back at him. "So, do you surrender?"

Madeline watched Jimin glance at the car, where she was watching their interaction behind tinted glass. "No, I do not."

And so, a game of rock, paper, scissors commenced. Madeline watched fondly as they agreed to do a best of three.

"Nobody can win against Jungkook," Taehyung commented, his eyes on her. She turned to him and smiled softly.

"Yeah, I know," She muttered, unaware that she had spilled she knew that piece of information. Taehyung's gaze shifted to amusement. Heat traveled up her neck to her cheeks, internally making her curse that she had let that slip. "I've watched a few of your episodes."

He shifted his body to lean closer to her through the seat gap. The breath in Madeline's throat hitched. He was getting closer and closer to her. The atmosphere in the car became heavier—filled with desire.

"You've been watching us for a few years then?" He queried, planting an innocent expression on his face. However, behind those alluring eyes, was something darker and dangerous. He was drinking her in like a man who had been deprived of water for too long. It scared but also excited her how he looked at her.

"Yes," She answered, breathlessly. What was happening? This was the second time she had been caught trapped by them. Their deepest desires were starting to come to life. "I would watch you guys whenever I felt down. You always managed to bring light into my life."

Her honesty knocked him out of his mood. An emotion, akin to adoration, swirled in his eyes. "Did you feel down often?"

She hesitated, debating whether to tell him how often she struggled while living with her mom.

"Sometimes. But it wasn't anything I couldn't cope with," She tried to downplay it, hoping he would move on. Nobody had to know the true extent of what it was like. It was better left unsaid. Sympathy and concern washed over his face. He knew what she was doing and didn't like it. "Things are different now though. I met you guys."

"You shouldn't dismiss these things, Madeline. It's not heal—"

The backdoor to the car swung open, disrupting their conversation. Madeline turned to him, relieved the conversation was cut short. She was not going to bring this stuff up in a car. Not now.

Jungkook slid into the other back seat, triumphantly. A grumbling Jimin sulkily plopped himself into the passenger seat.

"Is everything okay?" Jungkook asked the two of them, sensing the tense mood.

"Everything's fine," Madeline supplied, silently praying Taehyung would go along with her. He sent her a long, knowing look. She knew he would not say anything—she knew this the moment the look in his eyes changed.

Sighing, he mumbled an agreement and turned his body.

A small crease formed in between Jungkook's brows as he darted his orbs between the two of them. Jungkook knew Taehyung well—he knew something was up.

"So, did Jimin even stand a chance of winning against you?" Madeline quietly asked Jungkook, distracting him from his current thoughts.

It worked. Jungkook swung his gaze to her and smirked, "No. Poor guy."

"Hey! I can hear you." Jimin protested.

Jungkook leaned in closer to her; his breath fanning her face. It sent tingles over her body. "He's a sore loser."

Madeline stifled a smile, hoping Jimin wouldn't notice. She enjoyed watching their banter firsthand. She hoped one day she would be able to have banter and jokes with them.

***

MADELINE'S FATHER GREETED her at the door. He was wearing a casual outfit and seemed almost nervous to meet three of her soul mates.

Nonetheless, he plastered a welcoming and friendly smile on his face and gestured for them to walk in. Madeline watched her soul mates scan the foyer, interested in every little detail. To her, it felt like how a home should feel. She wondered if they felt the same.

June rounded the corner once the front door was closed and smiled warmly at them. "Hello. You must be Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook."

They all bowed in respect, standing beside each other. Her family wasn't the only ones that were nervous. Her soul mates looked just as anxious, though they hid it better.

"It's nice to meet you. Thanks for having us," Jimin replied, flashing his award-winning, charismatic smile. June swooned slightly at him, taken aback by the Jimin effect. Madeline knew exactly how it felt.

"You have a beautiful home, Mr. and Mrs Smith," Jungkook complimented, genuinely.

Her father and stepmother wrapped their arms around each other's waist and thanked her soul mates.

"Of course, we're glad we can finally meet some of Madeline's soul mates. She's kept you guys hidden from us," June responded, throwing Madeline a playful look.

Madeline knew that her dad had met some of her soul mates in passing whilst at the hospital but she knew they hadn't spoken properly. The only people BTS had met were her brothers and Freya.

"Why don't I give you a tour?" Madeline piped up before June could start reciting stories from Madeline's childhood. She knew her loving step-mom was dying to tell some stories, maybe even get the photo album out.

The boys all nodded their heads, keeping friendly smiles on their faces.

Her dad and June gave them some privacy, heading towards the kitchen. Their hushed words were all she could hear for a moment before they disappeared.

"So," Madeline cleared her throat, releasing some tension from her body. "I'll show you the lounge first."

"Your dad and step-mom seem lovely," Jimin commented as she began the tour.

"They are," Madeline agreed. They were good people and good parents. "I'm lucky to have them."

"Are any of your brothers home?" Taehyung queried as he drank in the lounge. Pictures were dotted around the room, most of them featuring Madeline. They ranged from when she was little to her teenage years. Her mom didn't have a single photo in her apartment so it warmed her heart to see her father's side of the family hanging them with pride.

"Dash and Lemar might be. Not sure about Creed. He likes to play basketball with his team after school." Madeline informed them.

She showed them around the rest of the downstairs, making sure she didn't spend too long in the kitchen with her dad and June. When they made it upstairs, she started by skipping Creed and her dad's room. When they got to Lemar's room, she paused.

"Do you want to say hi?" She asked, unsure whether they wanted to see her younger brother.

The three men's eyes lit up, "Yes. We want to get to know your family too."

She turned back around and gently knocked on Lemar's door. No response. That wasn't unusual. Sometimes Lemar had headphones in so he couldn't hear the door. Hesitantly, she pushed down on the doorknob and opened the door.

Lemar was situated at his desk, quietly on the phone with someone.

"—And what if you are wrong? We could be. I feel it, Charlie. I know I'm right. You must feel it too." She heard her younger brother plead into the phone, his back to her.

"Lemar?" Madeline called his name, feeling guilty for suddenly intruding on his conversation. After speaking to her brother a few weeks ago, she knew he had talked to Charlie about his feelings.

He jolted in his seat, spinning around to face her.

"Madi?" He whispered back, darting his light brown orbs widening. They shifted to the movement behind her, realizing three global superstars were standing behind her. "Oh shit. C—Charlie I have to go. Please call me back later."

He hung up abruptly and rose to his feet. "Mom and Dad didn't tell me you were bringing your soul mates over."

She shrugged, "They must have forgotten. Are you okay?" She asked her younger brother in a soft and tender voice. Whatever happened on that phone call, it wasn't good. He looked stressed and tired.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Then his gaze shifted to her soul mates. "It's good to see you again."

They all waved at him, "You too, Lemar."

Madeline hesitated, pondering whether she should leave or not. Lemar wouldn't open to her around her soul mates but she also didn't want him stewing in his own thoughts.

"Do you know if Dash is in?" She wondered, forming a plan.

"I think he is. He said he has some biology homework," Lemar told her, dragging a hand through his messy hair.

"I was thinking maybe we could all get the Playstation or Switch out and play some games." She suggested, flickering her orbs to her soul mates. The maknaes all beamed back at her. She knew they loved playing video games. Especially Jungkook. It would be a good way to get her soul mates and brothers to bond.

Lemar considered it for a moment, "Sure, why not?"

After getting Dash on board with a bit of convincing, they all set up in the games room. Super Smash Bros was the first game they decided to play. Madeline and Jimin chose to sit out on the first round since there weren't enough controllers.

Jimin sat very close to her—close enough for his intoxicating scent to reach her nose. She tried to not let her desires show, especially with her brothers in her room. That was just awkward.

"You okay, Madi?" He leaned in to ask in her ear. Goosebumps erupted over her skin at his proximity. She was beginning to love the way he said her nickname.

"Y—yeah," She stammered.

"You sure?" He pressed with a glint in his eyes. He knew the effect he was having on her.

"Positive."

Her stomach was in knots. The way he stared at her unnerved her. Jimin struck her as the type of person who could flash a smile and make any man or woman melt.

"Mads, it's your go," Dash called her name, extending the remote controller towards her. Tentatively she took it, not wanting to peel herself away from Jimin.

There was a slight pout on Lemar's face. He had been defeated. He didn't like losing in video games—he spent a lot of time perfecting his skills so that he'd always win. It must have shocked him to know that her soul mates, who were always busy working, had beaten him.

Straightening her posture, she positioned her fingers on the buttons, ready to play.

"Are you ready to lose, dear soul mate?" Taehyung taunted in a joking manner. Her belly lit up at the challenge, prepared to show him that she could hold her own ground.

"Oh, you can bet I'm ready." She grinned back, evily.

And she was. She'd show them she could hold her own.

You can also read ahead on Inkitt for a small fee! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145K 6.2K 46
This is book two for "In The Dark" It's been eight months since you escaped the mansion. You try to live your life as normally as possible, and you d...
562 52 21
You're just a simple introverted girl who falls in love in in the city of Seoul.You met someone you least expectd...Jungkook. And your whole world su...
4.8K 267 34
Kwon Haru, a normal 18 year old, had to move to a prestigious school where she chase her dreams to be a singer. She thought that life will be normal...
46.8K 3.4K 67
This is Book three in my soulmate series. I recommend to read first "With The First Kiss" and follow it up with "Fake Love" before tackling this one...