BANE

By Farah_Cheong

Soo Ah is getting her own happily ever after with the handsome cook who barged in her life like a wave. It ro... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
Strings of Fate (teaser)
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28

29

336 1 5
By Farah_Cheong

"Boo!" Soo Ah sneaked behind unsuspecting Geun Won who opened the fridge.

"Kamjagya! Aish..." His body jerked back funnily due to the surprise before both of them cracked a smile. And that small studio apartment soon heard laughter from two people who never thought they would find peace with each other like this.

When the laughter died down, both of them suddenly found themselves staring at each other. Geun Won's right hand is still holding the fridge's door open while Soo Ah is very close to him. Remnants of the laughter still lingers around with that sparkle of glee in their eyes.

Soo Ah's breath caught a hitch when she sensed his musky smell emanating from his body, and that intense gaze full with longing despite their very close distance. 

Geun Won has forgotten to breath when he sees Soo Ah's wet hair and that big lovely eyes that could not hide the loneliness. That fine smiling lines that would deepen when she smiles brilliantly. 

How is it possible to always find new things that make him fell deeper and deeper in love to a person like this?

Love? Stop being delusional, Jang Geun Won! He gave himself a mental slap before breaking the eye contact. Soo Ah also pulled herself out of her trance and both of them cleared their throat awkwardly. She moved away hastily to the water purifier machine. Geun Won took the winter melon out of the fridge and brought it to the counter.

"Yah! I thought you're a ghost or something." He teased her for her unruly wet hair.

Soo Ah's eyes becomes big as she heard that. Me? Ghost? 

"You're saying I'm ugly?" She sulked while shooting him laser from where she stood.

Geun Won gave her a playful smile, jerking his eyebrows insinuating 'maybe?' Soo Ah's mouth gaped open like a fish on his reaction.

"Yah!" she exclaimed, half pissed-off with the blatant joke. Geun Won looked at her with that boyish grin and they both broke into laughter.

He motioned her to the dinner table where the kimchi jjigae and a set of piping hot rice had been prepared on the island table. She sits down while Geun Won brought the finely cut winter melon to the table and sits in front of her.

When Geun Won motioned with her hand to start eating, she is puzzled.

"What about you? Where's your rice, Geun Won-ah?" He looked at her before carefully answering,

"I don't feel like eating. Oh, don't mind me. I feel full just looking at your eating." He assured her and gives her that smiley eye smile.

Cute.

But Soo Ah is not so easily persuaded. In fact, she's concerned.

"Geun Won-ah...wae? You don't feel comfortable anywhere?"

"Aniya. Aniya. I just don't feel like eating. Mogo" He persuaded her to start eating and stop minding his lack of appetite.

Hesitantly, she starts eating. Upon the first spoon, her eyes went wide and looked at Geun Won appreciatively. Geun Won looked delighted with that. She continued with more hearty spoonful while Geun Won continues sticking his chin and looking at his most beloved woman eats happily.

"Nomu masisseo! Geun Won-ah...I forbid you from working at any other kitchen, okay? Or mine would lose popularity. Oh God...its so delicious! Here!" she scooped one spoon with a generous amount of rice, dip it in the jjigae, and top it with a bit of chicken from the kimchi jjigae soup, and tries to feed Geun Won.

Caught off guard, Geun Won just opens his mouth and accepts the food. He chewed the foods slowly while his eyes blinking, confused at what has happened. Soo Ah's laughter rings the space between them. Once he swallowed that, Soo Ah feeds him again like a mama bird feeding her confused child. 

She silently thank God that Geun Won seems fine and doesn't retch his food.

"Jalhaesseo!" She pats his head while complimenting Geun Won. He feels his face getting warm with her gesture.

She cleaned the table and brought it to the sink and arrange it in the dishwasher machine. Geun Won brought the glasses to her. But, just a few steps forward, the glasses slipped from his hands, startling both of them. He feels like the ground on his feet has turned into waves. He can't move. Geun Won is stunned at his place.

'No...no...not now. Please not now...' he silently prayed, willing for this vertigo to be brief and not going to be more serious.

Soo Ah recovered pretty quickly from the shock and after briefly washed her hands, she carefully reached for the broom and scoop to clean the shards of glass in a precise efficiency. Luckily its a pretty clean breaks and the shards are not the small ones that is harder to clean.

"Geun Won-ah...gwenchana?" she calmly touches his shoulder. Lines of worries etched on her forehead. In a blink of eyes, she was in his arms.

"A moment. A moment please..." Geun Won's voice trembled. He could feel Soo Ah's rigid body loosen up and she hugged him back.

In his embrace, Soo Ah could clearly hear and feel his labored breath. His hands trembles a little while his head is buried deeper in her left nape. That's how she knows that he's battling his bout of vertigo. She prayed hard to God that it's just a brief bout and subsides fast. She wants this night to be memorable for both of them, unmarred by his illness.

When she no longer feels his trembles, she broke from the embrace and motion to the sofa-bed in front of the huge television. She's determined to make today the most memorable for both of them. They're going to watch Scandal Makers.

Both of them sit comfortably and Geun Won dimmed the house's light from the remote control. When the movie starts, both of them already sat comfortably with their own blanket.

15 minutes into the movie, Soo Ah is already fully immersed with the comedic scenes. She had never gotten the chance to enjoy this popular movie back then. Unbeknownst to her, Geun Won's attention had been fully on her since the start of the movie. Her amused looks makes his heart flutters. With each of her smile, her giggles and her laughs, he didn't think he'll be able to get out of this black hole. Ever.

Soo Ah feels someone is staring at her from her right. When she looked at the source of the staring, Geun Won didn't even try to pretend to look away. 

"Yah! The movie is in front of us. Not on my face."

"Ara. But, looking at you is much more worthy of my time." 

Soo Ah feels her cheeks become warm. These days, Geun Won always makes her heart skips a beat with his gaze alone.

"Soo Ah ya,"

"Ne?"

"Can I sleep on your lap tonight?"

"Oh? Oh...o..okay." Without hesitation, he rests his head on her lap.

Although she can't process her feelings initially, she found herself to gradually relax. Now, her focus is no longer at the movie. She spaced out. It's as if all those things in the past get played in her mind like a fast-forward movie.

She looked at his peaceful face on her lap. That strand of hair on his forehead must have made him feel uncomfortable. From one stroke, she finds herself keep stroking his hair lightly.

"Geun Won-ah..."

"Hmm?"

"Are you happy today?" Soo Ah asked nonchalantly while her eyes are glued to the television. He knew that her attention is no longer at the movie.

After a comfortable silence, he reached for her hand.

"It is all up to you." 

This time, Soo Ah looked at him. 'What does he mean by that?'

"Rather than my feelings, I want you to be happy. Because I'm selfish like this. I don't want you to forget me. I want you to remember this feelings. Remember my face, my voice and my presence. Just...remember me with your good feelings, Soo Ah ya."

'...remember me with your good feelings, Soo Ah ya.' his last sentence echoes in her mind. Tears welled up and coursed down her cheeks.

Sensing that Soo Ah is in tears, he woke up and look at her in concern. He wipes her tears tenderly. His face inched closer to Soo Ah's and at the last moment when he locked his eyes with hers, he kissed her nose, her eyes and her forehead. Each kiss lingers for a moment before the next. In each kiss, she could feel how deep his feelings towards her is.

They locked eyes with each other again. He didn't kiss her lips. Soo Ah looks at his thin, slightly chapped lips.

Throwing all concerns in this world, she pulled him by the collar and kissed him fervently.

P/s: schewpid autocorrect! I didn't realize it's auto-corrected to vitiligo instead of vertigo.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.9K 634 20
Out of all the achievements Yoon Y/N has under her name, the greatest of them all was her escape from the hands of his father. She was already at th...
143K 3.7K 33
YN - Ahh! I-its hurt-ing please L-eave M-e Tae-hyung ( Crying in pain) Taehyung - Baby I can't leave you cause You just belong to me ( fuck ) ______...
8.8K 266 40
My voice trembled as I questioned, "What do you want from me? Why are you doing this to me?" Taehyung's voice echoed in my mind, his words chilling m...
261K 814 3
⚠️I removed chapters from here bcz of WT warning . But you can read them at Inkitt- sOFYrahman_ & scroll stack website - AuthoSofy. It's free so d...