CALM IN HIS STORM

By HJwritesTK

THE SCHOOL SERIES- Book 1. Kim Taehyung rejoins the college after a terrible divorce; all set to start afresh... More

PROLOGUE
CHARACTERS
♡[1]♡
♡[2]♡
♡[3]♡
♡[4]♡
♡[5]♡
♡[6]♡
♡[7]♡
♡[8]♡
♡[9]♡
♡[10]♡
♡[11]♡
♡[12]♡
♡[13]♡
Very important
♡[15]♡
♡[16]♡
♡[17]♡
♡[18]♡
♡[19]♡
♡[20]♡
♡[21]♡
♡[22]♡

♡[14]♡

1.8K 148 35
By HJwritesTK

~20240110

Jungkook drove back home, trying hard to push away all the thoughts running in his mind. He deliberately didn't encourage them, already having an idea where it'll lead him to. Guilt?

He'd have encouraged if it was anger or rage or frustration that he felt prior the incident but it made it harder for him as Taehyung's vulnerable face flash in his mind.

"I d-don-n't k--no-w w--hat-t yo-u ar-e t-al-ki-ng a-bo-ut--"

He shook his head getting rid of the thoughts as he parked the car in his garage. He could hear Eunwoo and Yugyeom as soon as he entered his mansion.

They went all silent when they noticed Jungkook walk into the game room they were in.

"You are hurt?!" Yugyeom approached him in worry, taking his hand to get a closer look. He scrunched his nose looking at the bloodied bandage.

"Go get the first aid box." Eunwoo nodded and left. "You wound must've opened. I told you to be careful and not put any pressure." He shook his head in disappointment.

Jungkook stared at the would blankly wondering if it happened when he wrapped his hand around his neck while Taehyung said it wasn't him or when he clutched his hair when the other begged him to let him go.

"I d-don-n't k--no-w w--hat-t yo-u ar-e t-al-ki-ng a-bo-ut--"

"No!! I am sorry!!! Please!!! I won't do it again!! I've learnt my lesson!! Please let me go!!!"

Yugyeom frowned when he fully unwrapped the bandage. "Your wound is fine. But the blood?"

"Here you go." Eunwoo returned with the first aid box. "Also, if your mood is okay and if this the right time to talk to you. Let's go to Roar. "

Jungkook came out of his thoughts,  and shook his head at the sarcasm.
"I'll take a quick shower first. Make yourself at home." Jungkook mocked removing his hand out of Yugyeom's hold.

He looked at the wound in confusion while dressing up after the shower. His wounds didn't open but the blood? His thoughts were interrupted yet again by that voice.

"J-jng--ko-ok I-I ca-n't---"

"I d-don-n't k--no-w w--hat-t yo-u ar-e t-al-ki-ng a-bo-ut--"

He clenched his injured fists as the next words followed. The words that keeping balancing his emotions to not feel pity for the boy who managed to fool him.

"No!! I am sorry!!! Please!!! I won't do it again!! I've learnt my lesson!! Please let me go!!!"

"You even accepted it. But I almost fell for your eyes that look AGAIN. Like you were uttering truth when you said you don't know what I was talking about." He scoffed muttering to himself.  "But in the end it turned out to be true."

More than anything, Jungkook wasn't able to accept the fact that the other actually managed to betray him, fool him. He shouldn't have gotten involved with him in the first place and stick to his business. He failed to judge a person. Why was he so effected by this? Was it because of the betrayal? Maybe because he couldn't come in terms with the fact that he saw Taehyung in a different light even though he didn't want to accept it.

He knew deep down that even though he maintained his distance with the man he accepted he was good and that turning out to be a lie is hitting him hard.

"You even pretended like you are cool with drugs. Well played Kim Taehyung. You got your chance but not again." Jungkook clenched his jaw, nodding to himself, deciding not to cross paths with Taehyung ever again, satisfied with the punishment he gave but was he really?

Is this how a person should be feeling when you give someone what they deserve? In fact, Jungkook feels like he didn't do much like his usual self would do if they dared to cross paths with him.

Was the heaviness in his heart supposed to increase? Is uneasiness the after effect? If it was, then why didn't he feel anything all these years when he did worse. Why--

"Kook!! We are getting late!!"

"Coming!!!" He walked out of his closet with a leather jacket in his hands and left to ROAR, hoping it'll  refresh his mind.

.

For the first time ever, ROAR wasn't able to set his mood. It's been 30 minutes since he entered the club but the girls on the dance floor with skimpy outfits couldn't distract him.

He rejected almost every girl after trying his best to dance with them but he wasn't in the mood.

He chose to drink the heaviest drink so he didn't need to put efforts to distract himself. It was supposed to be easy. And just when he was about to take a sip...

"Did you drive while you are drunk? Jungkook that's not good fo--"

"Great." He whispered, internally rolling his eyes at himself. "That man must be either cursing himself for getting caught or already move on dusting his shoulders. No wonder he made you a fool." He worked the glass before putting it on the table and walked out for a smoke.

Eunwoo and Yugyeom exchanged looks worried for their friend who has been lost since he came out of the prison and followed him out.
They saw him lean against his car and smoke while looking intently at the ground, list on thoughts.
They joined him lighting their own cigarettes.

"You know you can talk to us, right?" Yugyeom carefully asked standing next to him.

Jungkook hummed trying to smile a little bit failed miserably. "I know. Just so much going on in my head but I'll be okay."

They both were relieved that atleast he was talking to them unlike the way he behaved that morning.

"That girl you rejected at the bar, she was totally your type. You should take her home. Trust me, all your headaches will leave you along with your jizz." Eunwoo winked, trying to light up the mood.

"You think so?" Jungkook asked, playing along already feeling bad for ignoring his friends. Yugyeom slapped Eunwoo at the back of his head who fake cried in pain.

They continued to smoke in silence before Eunwoo spoke up. "Man you should give that Taehyung your number. He asked me but I know you wouldn't like that. He was asking me how you were doing and all."

Jungkook jerked his head towards Eunwoo, frowning a little. "What are you talking about?"

"Yes. He came to us that day and asked about you. I guess he was concerned." Yugyeom explained further.

Jungkook scoffed, the bitter feeling that he managed to dilute a little coming back. "He managed to fool you too I guess."

"Huh? But he looked genuinely conc--"

"He was the one who informed the police."

"What?!" In unison they said. "Really? Woah..."

"I don't want to talk about it." He took a deep breath, slumping his shoulder before crushing the almost finished cigarette only to light a new one. "Thank you guys. You managed to ruin my mood yet again." And they stood there in silence, all three lost in thoughts about what Jungkook just said.

.

On the other hand, the Kim family were getting worried for Taehyung.

"I think we should go to the police." Somin suggested her voice shaking a little.

"They'll take the complaint only after 24 hours. But he'll be fine... Ya he'll be fine. He'll be here any minute." Wonshik muttered the last part to himself trying to assure his heart.

"But it's so unlike him to not inform us like this." Somin pointed while hugging the sobbing Taeyong close to her chest.

Wonshik was worried more than anyone. He could feel the piercing pain in his heart thinking about his son's whereabouts. He was supposed to be home almost three hours ago. This is the first time he wasn't lifting the call and now it was turned off.

"Did you ask all his friends?"

"Jin said he left home at the right time." Wonshik replied.

"Do you think he is back?" She asked widening her eyes implying to Taehyung's ex-husband.

"No way!!! He is rotting in prison!!! Wonshik got up abruptly, his hand shaking at the thought. "You know what? We should file a complaint and let's search the neighborhood."

Somin nodded vigoursly wiping her tears. "Please be okay my baby."

"I will search too." Taeyong wiped his tears and was about to pick his bag when Somin interrupted.

"Hyung will be okay. I am sure he is already on his way home. What if he comes home? So, you'll stay here okay?"

She didn't bother to hear his reply and pecked his forehead. "Don't go anywhere. We will come back soon."

Soon they left hurriedly leaving the boy to his thoughts. He was scared for his hyung, he could see it was serious that his parents reacted this way. He wanted to help search for his hyung too. He is a big boy.

He wrote a message to Taehyung in case he comes back when he is out.

//Hyung, we went to search for you. Call us okay? I will come back soon.//

He sniffed wiping his tears and put on his bag. He didn't know where to start until it clicked.

"Koko hyung..." He whispered and looked around not knowing where to go. He slumped his shoulders when he realised he didn't know the address.

He ran towards the comic store, hoping he would find him there and if he didn't he would just start searching from there.

He heart immediately filled with hope when he saw Jungkook standing right in front of the store, smoking. A sudden sob left his lips a she ran towards him.

"Koko hyung..." He called while wiping his tears and sniffing.

Jungkook took a quick glance and looked away, groaning a little.

"Not today Kid. I am not in the mood for anything." He quickly crushed the newly lit cigarette and crossed his arms on his chest, not sparing a glance at Taeyong who was looking at him desperately.

"Please help me." His lips wobbled but Jungkook was too lost in thoughts to notice this.

"You should go home. I really don't have time for this." His time was getting harsher, filled with irritation. Taeyong looked at Yugyeom and Eunwoo, helplessly who just smiled sadly not wanting to piss Jungkook more.

"Why don't you go home now and talk to hyung later? You see, hyung is busy." Yugyeom spoke patting his head and frowned when he noticed his tear filled eyes.

"Are you crying?"

Jungkook drew his eyebrows together when he heard that. He looked at Taeyong who broke into sobs as soon as Yugyeom asked the question.

"M-my h-yung is m-missing. C-can you please help me search for h-him?"

Yugyeom didn't know what to answer and Jungkook was a little relieved that the boy was okay.

"Go home. Your hyung is not a kid. He will be fine." Jungkook said.

"No. My hyung is not like that. He always informs us. His phone is turned off. He doesn't do that. We are new in Seoul. His friends said that he left home long back... He--" He hiccuped, trying to explain what he heard from his parents.

"He will be fine. Just go home." Jungkook nonchalantly spoke rubbing his temple, closing his eyes.

Taeyong slumped his shoulders in defeat but still decided to continue the search without anyone's help. He wiped his tears aggressively and looked back at Jungkook who leaned his head back on the car with closed eyes.

He made his way towards them against and fished his phone out. He turned the screen towards Jungkook who doesn't even know he came back.

"This is my hyung. If you see him, tell him that Yongie is worried and searching for him. Okay?"

Jungkook frowned when he heard him. He 'tch'ed and opened his eyes. He glanced at the screen and looked away, nodding his head. He widened his eyes and jerked his head towards the screen, this time to take a clearer look.

He snatched the phone out of Taeyong's hold startling the boy. Yugyeom and Eunwoo were also shocked when they peeked at the screen over Jungkook's shoulders.

"Taehyung is your brother?!" Eunwoo almost screamed.

Jungkook looked at Taeyong and watched him nod vigorously. "You know my hyung? He didn't come home. Please, help me." He asked again hoping they'd help because they knew Taehyung.

Jungkook rubbed his face, lost in thoughts. His already messed up thoughts going haywire. He took out his own phone and dialled Taeyong's hyung's number and it was indeed turned off. The uneasiness in his heart grow each second as he recalled what Taeyong just said.

He felt his breath stuck in his throat at the realisation. The blood on the bandage, Taehyung clutched his head and his eyes losing focus right before he left him. It's like everything was coming back to him that he was trying to block.

"F*ck. F*ck. F*ck." He chanted not bothering about cursing in front of Taeyong this time. For the first time, he wanted to be wrong and hoped he was wrong and the other was okay. If not for him, he'll do it for Taeyong. Was it really for him though?

He kneeled in front of Taeyong and held his shoulders. "I am sorry. I think I have an idea where your hyung might be. I will bring him back, okay? Don't worry."

Taeyong broke into a wide smile and wrapped his arms around his neck, pulling him into a hug. "Thank you hyung."

Jungkook pulled away after patting his back and looked at Yugyeom. "Hyung will take you home and stay with you until your parents come, okay?"

Jungkook gestured Yugyeom who nodded and held Taeyong's hand.

"Fvck!" Jungkook sped towards the university and directly made his way towards the block they were in hours ago.

He followed the security, feeling agitated by the second. "Make it fast!!" He roared and the guy flinched in fear.

As soon as he unlocked the door, he looked around the dark room and found a silhouette of a body on the floor. He felt his heart drop and when the security turned on the lights it only got worse.

Taehyung head bleeding, pool around his head. His pale face with dried tears.

The security gasped cupping his mouth. "Is he dead?"

Jungkook came out of the shock and rushed towards him after hearing the dreading question. "No. Fvck. No. No." He tried to feel the pulse but it was barely there. He put his ear on his chest and sighed in relief when he heard the heartbeat.

He sighed gulping and wiping the sweat off his forehead. He picked him up in his arms, making his way towards his car. He was functioning on auto mode since he found him like that, until they reached the hospital.

End of Chapter 14

🐅🐇

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

219K 5.2K 55
❝ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. ❞ kate martin x fem! oc
64.1K 1K 23
Sadie Merlyn decides to move to Central City to leave her past in Starling City when she gets in an accident after the particle accelerator explodes...
80.3K 5.9K 48
Kim Taehyung the ceo of Kim cooperation have everything anyone ask for loving parent, understanding friends, a big company which he stand it on, his...