𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐇 πŒπ„, π’πˆπ‘

By AnneClinton

Meet Hailey McAdams, a star student known for her sharp mind and bold words. She never guessed that her quiet... More

AESTHETICS
1|See You Again
2|New Destinations
3|Oh Boy, Karma Is A Bitch!
4|Devil As A Teacher
5|You're Impossible
6|I Wanna Be Yours
8|Not Again, Ugh!
9| When Did I Say I Hated You?
10|I'm Sorry
11|Cloudy With A Chance Of Rain
12|Trouble In Paradise?
13|Impenetrable
14|Covetousness
15|I Like Your Smile
16|She's Back
17|Pangs
18|A Forbidden Temptation
19|Whispers Of Desire
20|Dawn's Secret : Silent Glances & Untold Vows
21|Melodies Of Longing
22|Whispers In The Rain
23|Hearts On Fire

7|The Fault In My Stars

274 11 9
By AnneClinton

"They may not know each other to say it, but it was never hidden. How much ever they hated each other, fate ties them together" Parul Wadhwa.

Chapter Theme Song: Defenceless (Louis Tomlinson)

••

'Tis the weekend.

The sun shone in through the opened curtains into my room, as I got my books and computer ready to begin the assignment. I needed to get it done cause Jared would be picking me up at 12. His family was hosting an intimate brunch, and he practically begged me to accompany him.

In his own words, "I don't want to be caught up in family drama. I need a savior and you, are mine". He was a smooth talker, which worked in his favor. Not entirely due to his slyness, I needed to loosen up after submitting this tedious assignment. I reckon Mr Torres knew what he was doing, giving us this assignment, which would steal our quality times. I, Hailey Ayre McAdams, was going to finish this assignment in a short period. That was a promise, and it will be fulfilled.

It was a favorite subject of mine for a reason, especially when it's got to do with motion. For this assignment, I didn't bother leaving the confinement of this room. I'd only walk out the door, when I was finished with the assignment and clicked on send.

One. Two. Three.

And send.

"I did it. I did it" throwing my hands in the air, waving my hair back and forth, singing along, I was beyond thrilled. My weekend just kicked off to a great start. Taking out my toiletries, I went into my washroom to take a long cozy bubble bath.

I needed to look dulled up for the brunch with Jared's family, which was a few minutes away. So I did well in giving my body the desired bath and care it yearned for. Then got out to dry myself, before applying lotion then starting off with my hair.

I got hungry along the lines of getting ready and went to the kitchen for an apple. Since it was a brunch, it's best to go for something lighter. Mom had left for a meeting with her associates after giving her two cents about me attending the brunch.

I had on a white cut out top and black skinned jeans, a gold watch strapped to my left hand. Ended with a half blocked 3 inches heel. I went downstairs to see Jared seated comfortably waiting for me.

"Didn't know you'd arrived" giving him a kiss on the cheek and settled beside him.

"I wanted to surprise you" putting his hand at my back.

"You're fond of surprises"

"You're so beautiful. How did I get so lucky with you?"

Putting a hand over his, "You'll be more than lucky when we become official, official"

"We'll always be. Formally or not, I can never hide you from the world"

Our cue to head to the place, which wasn't far from here. It was on the other side of town - some place called Sheraton; on the eastern side of Riverfront. Throughout the ride, Jared kept acting extra clingy and lovey dovely, I was tempted to tease the hair out of his head.

''Is there something I must know before we arrive?''

He cleared his throat, shifting in his seat; ''It's just my older cousin, don't get me wrong, we do get along. Its...just we have a history'' now I was intrigued.

''Come on spill it already'' encouraging him.

''I used to have a crush on this girl who was older than me when I was about eight, she was sixteen at the time. Well, so this girl only saw me as her very good friend. Fast forward, she met my cousin and started drifting to him, and I was left on the sidewalk. I wouldn't want anything to do with any of them cause I felt betrayed until I turned twelve and understood''

Holding his hand, squeezing them in mine; ''I'm glad you told me. Everyone had a little crush at one point in time. I'm proud of you, for not letting it ruin your relationship with your blood''

''I don't want to say this, but he's everything any girl wants. I'm just a soon to be high school graduate and college freshman. I can never compete with him''

''Don't say that. You're handsome, smart, intelligent, skilled and you are going to be very successful. I'll always be here, I'm not going anywhere''

We quit talking to allow him focus on the road, nearly two minutes and we would be at the place. If I ever downplayed the house, pardon me, it was a beautiful huge mansion which covered a vast acre of land. This was heaven on earth, he saw my slightly gaped mouth and held me close.

''I know. I don't have to say anything, but this is really huge'' I told him.

''Yeah. My Mom's family is rich; like Richie rich, rich''

''I hope they aren't stuck up like the ones I almost all the time deal with''

''No, and actually they can't wait to meet you''

''We can't keep them waiting for long'' and we followed his directions and went into the house.

Jared didn't lie about them expecting me, ''It's finally great to meet the girl who has stolen my son's heart'' his Mom embraced me warmly.

Both his parents were nice people, including his uncle and wife. I was yet to meet his three other cousins. Jared's younger sister wasn't around, quiet unfortunately, she was my age mate and we were pretty good friends. I guess it'd only be us, and the other three expected guests. I'm glad I came, his family made it worthwhile for me.

''Can I show you something?'' he came behind me after returning to the sitting area with his father.

''Sure'' we went outside.

It was a beautiful little garden, his favorite spot during his childhood days whenever he came around for vacations. I felt drawn to him even more so now, showing me this place which meant a lot to him, I'm more contented he did.

''Thank you for opening up to me, it means a lot'' he held me a little back then kissed my forehead.

''Who do we have here?'' a guy I hadn't been introduced to yet, appeared in front of us. With him was another girl, probably his girlfriend. Did I forget to say how much of a stunner they both were? They looked like they were brought straight out of a magazine cover. This family is truly made of beautiful people.

''Trevor. Maxine. '' Jared called them.

''And who's the beauty we've got here?'' directing his attention to me now.

Jared held my hand, ''Meet Hailey, my girlfriend. Hailey; meet my cousins - Trevor and Maxine'' so they were siblings, not a couple.

''How did you get this lucky? Damn! I'm proud of you little man. And Hailey, you're welcome to the family'' Trevor said.

''In as much as I'd love to watch the end of this, can you come with me pretty?'' Maxine was already holding out her hands, which I gladly accepted.

''She's hot!'' I heard Trevor say before we disappeared into the house laughing at them.

''You're 30, aren't you too old for that?'' was that last thing I heard before we were out of sight.

Maxine and I had a lot in common, despite the age difference, we hit it off to a great start. She also couldn't stop talking about her twin brother who was yet to come. I found it had to believe she was a twin, until her Mom confirmed it herself. She refused giving any hint of what her twin looked like, telling me it was all part of the suspense. Just by looking at her, I knew without doubts her brother must be very handsome. Looking at how beautiful she is, it's fair to conclude.

We helped with setting up the table and then Jared and Trevor walked in right on time. ''We still have to wait for Max to arrive, he should probably be here any moment from now'' I was finally going to meet the most talked about.

Jared found his way back to my side, putting his hand behind my back, when the door opened to reveal someone very familiar. My world started spinning around all at once, could this day get any worse?

''I'm sorry for keeping you waiting'' he spoke and I felt my palms get sweaty. Pretty sure I looked like I'd seen a ghost.

In my case, the ghost was my teacher - Mr Torres or should I say; Maximiliano Torres. It was at this moment, I wished Maxine had shown me the picture of her twin.

''Hailey'' how long have I been out?

''Are you alright? We've been calling out your name for a while '' good job, Hailey. Great first impressions isn't it.

''I'm fine. What did you say again?'' I put myself in a better mood.

''This is the last of the family; Maximiliano '' Oh, no need for introduction, I knew him well enough.

''I've met him. He's my Physics teacher'' I told him and everyone else heard.

''You have the best teacher then'' his Mother proudly praised. Agreed he was the best teacher, yet he is still an unpleasant and annoying person.

Mrs. Torres made us take our seats around the big dinning table. I took my place beside Jared and Maxine. Mr Torres was seated right across from me, which made me suck in my breath.

''So, Hailey, how is your father?'' Mr Torres inquired. He'd earlier mentioned being acquainted with my father.

''He's fine, still on a business trip''

''Abraham has always been the busy man, we met in Cyprus before I came and we linked up a few ideas that could bring a possible merger of two of our companies' into becoming a conglomerate'' he seemed delighted about that possibilty.

''I'm sure it'd be of great value''

''It will. What are your plans after high school?''

''Well, for starters, I have plans of undergoing training with my dad before College. I'm planning on studying law as a major at the university"

''You have great ambitions, I'm sure you're going to achieve them all. Your father always speaks highly of you. I could always speak to my son; Maximiliano to guide you'' Not on my clock, will rather have a virtual training with a robot than be trained by him.

''Thank you, I don't want to be a bother either ways''

''Nonsense my child. I'll speak to your father about it''

Why does the universe seem to be working against me? Take today for example, everything was going great until he had to show up and ruin the mood. I hated it more seeing how much he seemed to affect my mood within the slightest interaction. The worst of it all was seeing his face across from the table, I hope no one noticed how his presence took a toil on me. Especially, Jared, his childhood history with him was one reason I was determined to ignore his entire existence.

''I'd love to show you something after here'' Jared whispered in my ears, making me blush.

''Just say the word and I'd readily agree''

I noticed how everyone paid attention to nothing but their business, and being nosy, I thought it'd be okay to look briefly at what my teacher was doing. And I wished I obeyed the sensible part of me that rebuked me, this man was too hot, not gonna lie. He was literally a walking magazine cover, clad in his grey Lacoste shirt highlighting his masculine upper body. Whoever gives him tips on picking out his attires needed a raise, cause they hella knew what they were doing with him.

I shouldn't be staring, yet I couldn't stop but admire the beauty of this man before my eyes. I know it was inappropriate to ogle at your teacher, but it was also a crime to look this good. I should look away before I get caught. Wished I adhered to the advice on time, just when I was about looking away, my eyes met with a pair of ocean blue eyes, staring deep into my soul. It was as if he could read into my mind. I begrudgingly looked away to avoid any further embarrassment.

All through the reminder of the meal, I didn't dare look in his direction again. It was more relieving when the older men went outside to catch up, leaving the their wives to themselves. Maxine and I decided to assist the helps in clearing the table, leaving the younger men to themselves. For one, I knew Jared needed to catch up with his cousins.

''So, what is up with you and Max? Don't give me the usual ; 'he is my teacher' - cause I saw how you both were staring at each other'' not this again.

''There's nothing going on. Nothing. Is . Going. On. He's just one of those teachers who think the world revolves around them, and you wish to wrap a tie around their necks. No offense, but your brother is a pain'' I didn't mean to, but I felt comfortable with expressing my thoughts and emotions around her. Twin or not.

''None taken. I know him, he can be all what you said. He's also very nice and caring when you get to know him'' Mr. Torres and nice in the same sentence? Next joke please.

''You know I don't buy all these hate? But time will tell'' I don't want to argue with her.

''I like Jared, just so you don't build imaginary scenarios'' I told her after a while.

''I don't refute that fact. Like I said, time will tell'' we were done clearing the table and that was when, I felt the urge to use the washroom. Having Maxine give me strict directions to the place, I followed each detail right to the door leading to the washroom. Which wasn't a single door but a very big and grey themed bedroom, which I was able to locate it's washroom in no time. Maxine must've intentionally set me up for this, unknown to me why.

After making sure I washed my hands, straightening my top and hair, I headed back to the living area. Only there was a problem, I was met with strong walls hitting me. I stumbled and almost fell, but was held in place by very strong arms.

''I..I'm so - " that's when the realization dawned on me as I came face to face with the last person I least expected it to be - Mr. Torres.

~

🥶🥶

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.7M 366K 65
β˜…β˜…β˜…TOP 5 WATTPAD ROMANCE NOVEL (reached #5)!β˜…β˜…β˜… When Sera's new art teacher mistakes her for a model and demands that she strip naked, sparks start t...
33.2K 2.2K 42
[Complete] A professor x student, feel-good, romantic comedy. *** Lexi was used to working behind the scenes at her family's small private investi...
197K 2.6K 31
'ππŽπ“ π„π•π„π‘π˜ π‘πŽπŒπ€ππ‚π„ 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐒 𝐈𝐍 π“π‘π€π†π„πƒπ˜." πŸ₯€ 18 year old Elyria Bennett gets kept behind a year in school due to failing her...
12.3M 63.9K 10
Love comes in all shapes and forms, but Kelly Young had no idea it'd come in the form of her most hated teacher, Mr. Todd. β€’A Student x Teacher Roman...