Don't wanna be his

By nyrxvi

He was like a fire that would burn anyone around him but he made sure not a flame touched her He was a devil... More

Intro
Chapter 1. The news
Chapter 3. Maybe it's love
Chapter 4. the Suhaagrat
Chapter 5. Awkward talking
Chapter 6. The kidnapping
Chapter 7. The shock
Chapter 8. The jealousy
Chapter 9. The ignoring
Chapter 10. The Permission

Chapter 2. New feelings

2.2K 97 4
By nyrxvi

Jhanvi

We were at the court, I decided I wanted a court marriage that had an expiry date, I wanted a marriage where I could be comfortable and so could the dude I was getting married to if he didn't want to stay with me we could always go our separate ways and at some point, our marriage paper would get expired, it was like a contract of marriage, I still don't know anything about him or how he looks, my "dad" tried lying to me saying he doesn't know him cause he only had one call with him and that his "friend" came to give details about the marriage, I don't know why he tried to hide his information to me but it was weird and pathetic.

Amaya had the great idea that she'd try and seduce his friend, but the question was what if they weren't great friends? Or what if they didn't live together? Her and her ideas give me a heart attack sometimes, I haven't even met my soon-to-be husband and she already had ideas about how to move in together with me, not that I mind but if they both came out looking ugly it would be a problem, and even if they were hot but what were the chances of her plan succeeding? His friend could always have a girlfriend or a wife, my negativity right now is taking over my head, jhanvi think positively, positive thinking positive happening.

My hand held my phone, I didn't bring any purse or anything with me today, I was getting impatient, I, Amaya and the lawyer were the only ones at the court right now, I didn't know if the guy had any plans to get married today, I wouldn't mind if he didn't show up, it would be great for me, I only agreed to marry cause my dad decided to beg to me and I'm a woman of my word so I couldn't back away at the last minute, my breathing slowing as the room was starting to get colder, Amaya grabbed my wrist as I looked over at her

She was getting nervous as well, it felt like a sharp feeling was going on in my chest that I couldn't describe, my heart starting to beat faster as I took a few steps closer to her, my heels making the sound as it echoed in the whole room, my dress sticking in my heel, everything was about to go wrong, I just had the feeling it was, Amaya got down and fixed my dress, we both wore matching dresses, her heels were white while mine black, I was in all black as if someone had died and I was in a funeral, I had bangles on, Western dress but Desi bangles, the dress that I had on was hers since we always shared our stuff.

Amaya's look (jhanvi's same just the color is black)

Jhanvi's bangles

I started to tap my foot on the ground as I was starting to get anxious, if he wanted to cancel the wedding he could've said so but making us wait in this court looking like fools wasn't a great idea, I'd leave in a few minutes if nobody came, my nervousness was turning into anger slowly, It's been hours since we've been here and nobody still has shown up, at first I thought we were here early but that wasn't the case, the guy is just late, who's late for their wedding? the lawyer wasn't asking any questions if anyone would come or not, it was like he knew that someone would come when I was doubting that

"Mujhe nhi lagta koi ayega" she said, even she was starting to think that nobody would come, did my father just make a fool out of us saying that I was getting married when I wasn't? Was this some sort of a prank that they pulled on us? Not that I mind, but yesterday night me and Amaya did cry thinking we would get separated when we haven't even had a proper love life, we cried almost the whole night and shared our last night crying to find out this was just a prank, but he did seem serious, he even begged me to marry this dude, this whole situation has me confused right now.

"Aja chalte hai, mujhe nhi lagta koi shadi hogi ajj" I said as she gave me a confused look, I didn't think she was this dumb not to understand, she was so depressed that her whole personality changed and her mind stopped working, I mean it was understandable since her bestie was getting married but get a brain girl.

"I think they pulled a prank on-" she didn't let me finish, she screamed as the lawyer looked at us, she got so happy that she forgot where we were, and I wasn't even sure if it was a prank they might just be late and I just assumed it, but nobody gets this late for their wedding right? At least not for hours, maybe a few minutes but certainly not hours. I was trying to gaslight myself into thinking that this was just a prank that my parents pulled on me, I was wishing and praying for it as well.

"Something wrong?" the lawyer asked as we both felt embarrassed, she randomly screamed and now we had to make an excuse or else he'd think we were some dumb heads, we were, but we never showed it to anyone, maybe that one time when she got so drunk that she started to say she was a fairy and I had to drag her out of the club, and some other times, I've had to make an excuse about this or maybe not, since this was the first and probably the last time I'll see this lawyer.

"Nothing, but we will take our leave since nobody is coming anymore" I said turning around, his facial expression turned from a relaxed to a frightened one in less than a second, I don't think I said something that scary. Was he scared of the consequences that'll happen if we left or he's just worried about his payment? I'm pretty sure my dad had already paid this lawyer, his expression made me rethink my decision for a second, he knew someone was coming but I couldn't believe that anymore, time is time.

"App Ruko vo athe Hi-" he said as Amaya interrupted him, my confusion overloaded, why was he so scared of us leaving? Did my father threaten him not to let us leave for some reason? And why didn't he just say the dude's name? Was he that respected or he didn't know his name either, or maybe the guy just didn't exist? I was trying my best to think this was just a prank but if it wasn't I'd be called a liar by my parents but I can always blame the dude for being late.

"Ji hum zyada wait nahi Kar sakte ab, ghante hoge hai or abhi tak koi nahi ayea, hum yaha pagal hai kya?" she said grabbing my arm as she started walking towards the door, the guy sure held mysteries within him, or maybe he didn't since he didn't exist. I wonder why my father pulled a prank like this on us, he probably wanted me to be sad and depressed which he succeeded in, but he took it so far that we had to come to court, I could always sue him for the trauma he gave me since I was already here.

Our heels echoed in the room as we were walking, she was slaying with her model walk but the way she was taking me was like she was trying to kidnap me, the lawyer didn't say anything as she said that, she slayed with her words too, she may have said it rudely but she was right, I looked back and then at the front, the door was still a few steps away, this room surely was big now that I look at it, we reached the line of the door, and as we were about to step outside, we dumped into two guys, it was all so sudden that we both screamed as we were about to fall and probably break our backs, but before I could fall I felt someone grabbing my wrist and waist making my eyes wide open, who randomly dumps and grabs them? Forget that, were they blind to not see someone walk through the door? Or was it on purpose? I thought before my eyes locked in with his, he didn't blink neither did I.

"Woah, watch it princess" I heard a voice beside me, it was the other guy who was holding Amaya, I hope someone was holding her, but right now my eyes weren't going off of his, he wasn't bad looking, not at all, he was quite the opposite, I smelled his perfume, it was stronger than mine, it was getting in my head but I wasn't paying attention to that.

"Watch it Amor" he said pulling me closer to him, my heart beating faster with his words, his voice was low but enough to make your body shiver, I didn't notice but my hands were on his chest, my breath slowing as I tried moving a bit but I couldn't, I couldn't or I didn't want to?

"Hello Sir" the lawyer yelled from the back, sir? Was he the one I was getting married to? Not bad. I expected him to reply but he didn't take his eyes off of mine, not even for a second, I didn't know what was happening at the moment but whatever was going on I couldn't see anything besides him, I couldn't see his face only his eyes that were staring at mine, it felt like he was looking at me like he's never seen a woman before, his gaze soft, my heart was about to come out any second if he didn't look away.

For some reason, I couldn't hear anyone anymore but I could hear his breathing, it was slower than mine, he let go of my wrist but my hand stayed on his chest feeling the silky fabric of his shirt, my legs slightly bent as his chest almost touched mine, I moved my feet a bit forward, I blinked before I adjusted myself as his hands didn't let go of my waist at first but when I stood up they slid away, it happened to be the same with Amaya.

"Sorry-, thanks-" we both said at the same time as we backed away from them, catching my breath I looked down, I don't know what just happened or why it happened but it was something that I wouldn't have expected it, but I guess my dad didn't pull a prank on us, I was surely getting married, so it meant Amaya had to pull up her plan to seduce his friend, I wanted to lift my eyes and look at his friend but I felt weak to do so, even I don't know why.

He took a few steps closer to me as I backed away till I was about to fall again before I caught myself and stood on the three stairs that were down, if our first meeting was like this I can't imagine the rest of my life, how awkward was this going to be? He probably thought I changed my mind about getting married that's why I was leaving, this is more embarrassing than anything I've experienced before, and being held by a boy for the first time was also something new for me.

"Amor-" he was about to speak before I grabbed Amaya's arm and she grabbed mine, we both turned around and started to walk away, our steps fast as we reached the lawyer and stood in front of him at his desk, I was trying to process what just happened and why it happened, why was I not being able to take my eyes off of his back there? I shouldn't think about this any longer after all it was fine since he was about to become my husband, right?

"Princess-" the other guy said as I felt her heartbeat fastening, her grip on my arm tightened, she was trying to kill me as if she was getting nervous, I don't know why they were calling us names when they just met us but it sure did something to both of us, I understood my future husband calling me names but why was the guy calling her names? Did he know about her plan to seduce him? I hope not. I don't know if the guy grabbed Amaya the same way he did but from her red face it seemed like he did.

"What just happened?" I looked over at her, as I glared at her, I could hear footsteps approaching us, did they have to walk towards us this early? Can't they just be there for a couple of minutes more? Aren't they embarrassed like us?

"I have no fucking idea" she said back as we were communicating with our eyes, we were eye-talking, while the lawyer stared at us, he was definitely thinking we were some type of crackheads that can't have a nice first impression, we let go of each other's arms before adjusting ourselves

"Don't you dare step any further away from me" I gave her the typical Indian mom stare as she slightly nodded putting her hands together in front of her stomach as if she was about to pray for something, he stood beside me, I don't know where the other guy went but I don't wanna know either, I took little steps closer to Amaya as she did the same, we both were doing the same things at the same time, it wasn't the first time but I think we were having the same unusual feeling in our stomach, it felt like someone was inside it and was playing around, I've heard people get butterflies but I've never gotten them so I'm not sure if these are butterflies or something else.

The lawyer greeted them, and we just stood there not saying a word, the lawyer and the two dudes were talking, his voice seemed colder from back there but it's probably in my thoughts, I don't know what they were talking about since the only thing on my mind was how he held me and how he pulled me closer to him, I think we both wanted to scream but we couldn't, and I believe that my heel broke from the sudden stair fall I was about to have back there but I hope it's just my imagination, I hope.

I wasn't staring at the lawyer who was in front of me but at the wall behind him, I may seem zoned out but I didn't want to turn around and look at him, I may have only seen his eyes but now I wanted to see his face which I couldn't right now, I don't know what happened back there but everything went blurry around me when my eyes locked in with his, my ears couldn't hear anything, not a tiny sound only his breathing, everything that was going on was something I'm experiencing for the first time and I hope it's the last, I mean the marriage will be the last but the grabbing, the looking, the feeling I hope it will be the last.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

181K 3.4K 43
𝐌𝐞π₯𝐒𝐧𝐚 𝐒𝐨π₯𝐚𝐜𝐞 The billionaires daughter's dreams and fantasies of marrying for love crushed within a second as she finds herself helping...
1.1M 24.7K 54
He set fire to the world around him But never let a flame touch her. He was Ruthless, He was a sinner, He was a monster, He was evil, He was a hea...
112 18 19
To all people who held stories in their heart and were afraid to share... Story of a rich arrogant businessman and a web series actress... β€’Friends...
670K 18K 63
For a long time all he's ever known was loneliness and pain. That is, until he saw her. To him, she was the most beautiful thing in the world. From t...