The Next World Monarch

By JohtoAmour64

10 years have passed since Ash Ketchum became the World Monarch. There have been many challengers that have t... More

Chapter 1: Jaydin Silver
Chapter 2: Seven Years Later
Chapter 3: Mega Evolution
Chapter 4: Lumiose City
Chapter 5: Jaydin vs Clemont
Chapter 7: Aloha to the Alola
Chapter 8: Enrollment
Chapter 9: The Start of Something New
Chapter 10: School Escapades
Chapter 11: Proclamation for Examination
Chapter 12: Is This a Date?!
Chapter 13: Jaydin's Secret
Chapter 14: Field Trip to Paldea
Chapter 15: Gotta Catch a Paldea Pokemon!
Chapter 16: Midterm Mayhem
Chapter 17: Shadow
Chapter 18: A Birthday Worth Celebrating
Chapter 19: Aether Foundation Grand Prix
Chapter 20: Round I
Chapter 21: Round II
Chapter 22: The Finals

Chapter 6: Leaving Kalos

207 9 2
By JohtoAmour64

Everyone slowly started to get up, Greninja getting Marshadow out of his bed. Jaydin and Zoroark were much more awake than usual, despite only getting a few hours of sleep. They all got ready for the day. The family decided to get breakfast at the Pokemon Center's Cafeteria. As they all ate, they talked about their next move.

"So, now that we're done in Kalos, where are we going next?" Audino asked.

"I was thinking we could go to Alola next, if that's alright with you guys" Jaydin answered.

"It's to try to get a Z-Ring right?" Togekiss said.

Jaydin nodded. "Yeah. Although, there is another reason."

"What's the other reason?" Duraludon asked.

"Alola is a tropical Region, which makes it popular for people to go there for a vacation. So, I figured in addition to try getting a Z-Ring, we can all have a little vacation as well" Jaydin explained.

All the Pokemon grew excited upon hearing that. While none of them would admit it, they all desired a little break from traveling around and decimating all their opponents in battle.

"You should still check your bank account just in case" Zoroark whispered to him.

"I was planning to do that" Jaydin whispered back.

As it turned out, when Jaydin lost his parents, an account was created for him and it transferred all of his parents' wealth into it, as stated in his parents' will. Jaydin didn't learn of this until he became an official trainer.

To say Jaydin was shocked when he saw how much was in his account by that point would be a total understatement. He never knew his parents had so much money that they left him. What's better was he was the only one who could access it, meaning his uncle couldn't take it away from him. His parents knew he would spend it all on gambling, alcohol and cigarettes, and probably even prostitutes. So they made sure he would never get a cent.

After more than 2 years of traveling, Jaydin had accumulated more money since the account was created. Jaydin was very good with his money, hardly ever spending any of it other than things like food and care items for his Pokemon. He hasn't ever splurged even once, not understanding the value in it.

Although he'd never say it, but financially speaking, Jaydin was arguably the richest 12 year old in the world right now.

After finishing up breakfast, Jaydin recalled everyone and returned the room key. He and Zoroark left soon after.

The two just walked around for a while, taking in the sites and taking pictures together. After a few hours Jaydin finally headed to the bank to check his account. After putting in his username and password, he checked his total.

"It went up again" Zoroark said nonchalantly.

"That's weird, I assumed all the food I bought for everyone was expensive" Jaydin said.

"Jaydin, all the food you bought was less than 50 dollars, I highly doubt that would make a significant dent" Zoroark said.

"Still though, it just keeps going up" Jaydin said.

"It is weird. You haven't made a deposit in months" Zoroark said.

'Maybe someone else is depositing money. But I don't know who it could be' he thought.

He started tapping on different screens.

"What are you doing?" Zoroark asked.

"Looking for receipts. Whoever is depositing money must have their name on the receipts" Jaydin explained as he kept tapping at the screen.

After some searching, he found who made the recent deposit. His heart sank when he saw who it was.

"No way..." Jaydin whispered.

Zoroark looked at the screen and was also surprised, but not nearly as much as Jaydin was.

"Whitney..." Jaydin said with sadness.

He checked all of the receipts. All the ones that weren't from him, all had Whitney as the deposited name.

'Even after all this time, she still deposits money for me' Jaydin thought.

He hasn't seen or spoken to Whitney since he escaped from his uncle, out of fear that his uncle or Jacob would still be there. He had a growing desire to see Whitney again, but he was just too scared to.

After checking his account he proceeded to purchase a plane ticket to Alola that would leave the next day. Zoroark persuaded him to get a ticket for a private section of the plane that only he and his Pokemon could occupy. Although reluctant to spend more money than he wanted to, he couldn't say no to his partner.

The duo decided to spend the rest of the day exploring more. Zoroark was playfully teasing Jaydin that this could be considered a date, much to Jaydin's confusion, which of course made Zoroark giggle.

'His density is as cute as ever' she thought to herself. She secretly blushed at the thought of this being a date.

'Zoroark seems to be in a good mood today, that makes me happy' Jaydin thought, still completely oblivious to her comment.

It was around the evening when the duo decided to go to the theater to see a movie. Zoroark picked a romantic movie, however Jaydin fell asleep halfway through it, much to Zoroark's amusement and slight irritation.

After the movie ended Zoroark woke Jaydin up. When he realized he fell asleep he apologized profusely. Zoroark said she would accept his apology if he bought her ice cream.

Jaydin and Zoroark went to a nearby ice cream store. He ordered a chocolate and vanilla twist while Zoroark ordered a mint with sprinkles. As they walked towards a nearby park, they made conversation.

"I had fun today" Jaydin said as he worked on his ice cream.

Zoroark licked her ice cream. "Me too. It's been a while since we've had a day like this."

"It has been a while huh" Jaydin said.

The two finished their ice cream right as they reached the park that wanted to stop at. They sat down on a nearby bench, taking in their surroundings.

"Do you remember our first gym battle?" Jaydin asked out of nowhere.

"Yeah. It was against that rock type gym leader in Hoenn" Zoroark said. "Why are you bringing that up?"

Jaydin sighed. "It's just, well...during that time I still heard Jacob's voice taunting me, still calling me weak and useless. Even today I can still vividly hear his voice."

"You mean that brat I'm gonna rip to pieces? You still have nightmares about him right?" Zoroark asked.

"Yeah..." Jaydin said with another sigh. He's heard her say she'll kill Jacob and his uncle if she ever meets them, something that the others will do as well, so he's gotten used to it to the point where it doesn't bother him.

"I still wish I was there to protect you from them..." Zoroark said as she looked down.

Jaydin looked at her. Seeing her sad face always hurt his heart. He placed a hand over her claws. This surprised Zoroark. She looked at him and saw him smiling at her.

"You're here now though, plus I'm still here too. We've been here for each other for over seven years now, which have been the best years of my life. And not just you, but everyone else have made me feel so happy and lucky that I even have ones as great as you all in my life. It's thanks to you all that I've made it to this point. There's no way I wouldn't feel so happy about that" Jaydin said with a happy closed eyes smile.

Zoroark stared in awe at his words. She slowly formed tears as he spoke. She smiled warmly at him as she held her claws over her heart.

Jaydin opened his eyes again. Zoroark didn't say anything, which said everything. The two looked forward again. They didn't say anything else. At one point Zoroark leaned on Jaydin's shoulder.

'I couldn't have asked for a better partner...' Zoroark thought.

After a while the two decided to walk towards a different Pokemon Center in the city to spend the night there. Once getting a room, Jaydin let everyone out. They all spread out doing their own thing while Jaydin left to go shopping for something.

"Zoroark...!" A voice growled.

Zoroark turned to seeing Greninja glaring at her with an intense aura.

"G-...Greninja?" Zoroark said with slight fear.

"You have some nerve...! What you did...I'll never forgive you!" She growled.

"What I did? What're you talking about?" She said.

"Only the most despicable thing you could ever do!" Greninja growled.

The other girls were getting a little scared.

"You...!" Greninja growled as her aura intensified.

She then revealed her face, which had comedic tears falling down and a look of pure jealousy.

"You went on a date with Jaydin and I didn't!!! I'll never forgive you!!" She yelled.

Zoroark's eyes blinked a couple times, wondering if she heard that correctly.

"Huh?" Was all she said.

"Don't lie! You told Jaydin that the rest of us didn't want to be let out! But you only said that so we wouldn't get in the way of your date with him! Admit it!" Greninja said with her webbed finger pointed at her.

Zoroark was started to sweat with nervousness.

"U-Umm, I don't know what your t-talking about" she said.

She suddenly felt a huge presence looming behind her, one that made her shiver. She slowly turned her head around and saw Audino and Togekiss giving her an evil glare.

"Hey Audino...I'm wondering if I'm mishearing things...there's no way Zoroark would lie to us" Togekiss said rather calmly.

"Yeah...getting robbed of a chance to have a date with Jaydin shouldn't be something Zoroark would do..." Audino replied calmly.

"There's no way...!" The two girls said in unison in a demonic tone as their glares intensified.

Zoroark started to run away from her jealous teammates. The girls chased after her, calling her 'date thief' as they did so.

Duraludon and Marshadow watched the whole exchange as they ate popcorn.

"Man, Jaydin's got it rough huh" Marshadow said with popcorn in his mouth.

"Well lucky for him he's too dense to realize how much those four fight for his affection" Duraludon said as he threw more popcorn in his mouth.

"Still though, I can understand why. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to spend a day with only Jaydin" Marshadow said as he took a sip of his drink.

"You're not wrong. Although it'd probably go differently with us" Duraludon said as he took a sip of his drink.

Marshadow agreed. The two loudly burped at the same time.

During that time, Jaydin was at a nearby shopping mall. As he walked, he looked at a list of items he wanted to get.

'Everyone worked really hard while in Kalos, so it's my responsibility to reward them for their efforts' he thought.

He finally noticed people, mainly girls, looking at him with awestruck expressions. He didn't notice all the girls blushing.

'Again? Why do people keep staring at me? Am I that ugly?' Jaydin thought as he looked away.

"Do you see him? He's gotta be a model" one girl whispered.

"Either way he's so incredibly sexy" another girl whispered.

"You think he has a girlfriend?" Another girl asked with a worried tone.

"If he does, it's gotta be someone on par with Diantha" another girl whispered.

Once away, Jaydin's anxiety faded. He took a breath before examining his list again.

"This store is the closest to where I am, so I'll go there first" he said to himself.

Although he has never splurged before, he decided to make an exception since it was for his Pokemon. After about an hour or so he had purchased everything he wanted.

"I'm glad I got everything, I hope they all like what I got" Jaydin said to himself.

As he walked, he passed by an indoor playground, which had a few kids playing on it. Jaydin saw them all smiling and laughing. Flashes of Jacob and his friends tormenting and beating up Jaydin while he cried played in his head. Jaydin looked on with an unreadable expression.

"Alright kids, it's time to head home" a mother called out.

"But mom, can't we play just a little more?" One of the kids asked as they ran towards their respective parents.

"Sorry sweetie, we gotta get home for dinner" one mother said.

"Same with us, we gotta get home before mom gets mad" a father said to his kid.

"Okay" the kids said.

They all left. Jaydin walked away as well, his eyes covered black. He walked in silence as his eyes remained covered in black.

A memory flashed in his mind. He was being held in the air by his mother as he laughed happily.

"You're just like a Pidgey now!" His mother said with a smile.

"I'm a Pidgey!" Jaydin said happily.

"Then mommy and daddy are Pidgeot" his father said.

The family of three happily played together with happy smiles on their faces. Another memory played right after. Jaydin was sobbing in front of two closed caskets.

"How could you mommy and daddy...! How could you leave me all alone...!" Jaydin said through his tears.

Memories of his time with his uncle flashed in his mind.

Jaydin grunted as he tightened his grip on one of the bags he was carrying. Despite the fact that he hasn't seen Jacob or his uncle since he was 5, the memories of all that trauma still plagued his mind, making him unable to move on.

'I wish I could just forget...I decided to leave that life behind, but it still follows me everywhere...!' He thought to himself.

He finally returned to the Pokemon Center. He unlocked the door.

"I'm ba—" he started to say but was cut off by his Pokemon surprising him with a hug.

"Jaydin!!" They all said happily.

"H-Hey c'mon, I wasn't gone that long" Jaydin said.

"We still missed you though" Togekiss said.

"Hey, go get the thing we made" Audino said.

"On it" Greninja said.

Jaydin watched in confusion as his Pokemon went around the room doing things. They motioned Jaydin to come over to them.

Greninja then appeared, holding a cake in her hands.

"Ta-da!" She said with a smile.

"What's that?" Jaydin asked.

"Just a little something we all made for you" Zoroark said.

Greninja placed the cake in front of Jaydin. It had the words "thank you Jaydin, we love you with all our hearts" on it.

Jaydin looked up and saw all his Pokemon smiling happily at him.

"I just don't want to be lonely anymore...!" Jaydin's past voice echoed.

Jaydin's eyes started to tear up as he struggled to swallow the lump in his threat.

"Thank you...!" Jaydin said as he wiped his tears and sniffled.

All his Pokemon hugged him as he finished crying. 

After all that, they ate the cake. Jaydin decided to return the favor with his own gifts.

"I um, while I was out, I got you all something, as a way to thank you for all your guys' hard work" he said as he started to dig through his bags.

He pulled out items one by one. He approached Audino first.

"I know you've been wanting this book for a while, so I saw that the author of the book series was doing a signing so I waited in line and asked her to make it out to you" he explained as he handed her the book.

Audino gasped but happily accepted it. She opened it and saw a message in the front that said "thank you Audino for enjoying my books, it's readers like you that help me stay inspired!"

She teared up and thanked him. He approached Togekiss next.

"I know that you always have to make nests to sleep, so I got a blow up nest that's super soft and warm" he explained.

Togekiss grew excited and happily accepted the gift. He turned to Duraludon next.

"I know how much you love eating metal, so I got you some treats that were made for steel types, which are made out of a metallic material that are said to improve endurance" he explained.

Duraludon happily accepted his gift. He turned to Marshadow next.

"I've seen you eying other people playing video games a lot, so I decided to get you your own, which is the latest handheld console, along with games that peaked your interest" he explained.

Marshadow grew excited and happily accepted his gift. He turned to Greninja next.

"It took a while to find, but I managed to get you a Mystic Water necklace. It's said to increase a water type's strength and moves" he explained.

Greninja happily accepted it. Jaydin helped put it around her neck. He finally turned to Zoroark.

"I got you a full volume set of your favorite manga series, along with the first box set of the anime adaptation" he explained.

Zoroark took it with teary eyes. They all hugged Jaydin tightly and thanked him. They stayed up for a little bit to enjoy their gifts before eventually falling asleep.

The next morning came for the group. Jaydin and the others got up one by one. Their plane to Alola was scheduled to leave around 9pm tonight. They decided to visit Sycamore's lab before leaving for the airport.

After getting breakfast and returning the room key, Jaydin got his Pokemon a final checkup before leaving the building. They all took a few last minute pictures together. Jaydin decided to visit Prisim Tower to see if Clemont and Bonnie were there. Once inside, he saw a gym battle finishing up.

"Rillaboom is unable to battle, Luxray wins. Which means the victory goes to the gym leader Clemont" Clembot computed.

"Man! I was so close..." the challenger said as they recalled their Pokemon.

The two trainers met up.

"You did well, I was impressed with the bonds you have with your Pokemon. I'd be more than happy to battle again" Clemont said with a smile.

"Thanks, we'll keep getting stronger and win next time!" The challenger declared.

"I'm looking forward to it" Clemont said.

The trainer left, passing by Jaydin.

"You should've held back a little bit Clemont" Bonnie said.

"As a gym leader, we have to give it our all so every trainer is ready for the Pokemon League or something similar, plus there's no fun in holding back. Ash taught us that remember?" Clemont explained.

Bonnie nodded, remembering when Ash said that. She noticed something from the corner of her eye. She turn and smirked.

"Speaking of Ash" she said.

Clemont turned and saw Jaydin and Zoroark standing nearby.

"Oh, hello Jaydin, what brings you here?" Clemont asked.

Jaydin and Zoroark walked up to them. "I just wanted to stop by before I leave Kalos" he answered.

"You're leaving? When?" Clemont asked.

"9pm tonight when our plane leaves" Jaydin replied.

"Where are you gonna go now?" Bonnie asked.

"We're gonna head to Alola, I want to try to get a Z-Ring while I'm there, and give everyone a little break too" Jaydin explained.

"Alola huh? You should check out Alola Academy while you're there too" Clemont said.

"Alola Academy?" Jaydin said with slight intrigue.

"It's a school situated on Mele Mele Island, it's got everything from regular academics as well as Pokemon training. It actually used to be the Pokemon School but thanks to Ash, it became the famous Academy it is today. I did a semester abroad there once as well" Clemont explained.

"Ugh, school! Bleh!" Bonnie said with disgust.

"Bonnie you're 16, you don't have to treat school that way" Clemont said with a side glance and arms folded.

"Whatever" she said. She looked away from the guys. "Nerd" she whispered to herself.

Jaydin was genuinely intrigued now. Contrary to other kids his age, he actually didn't mind the idea of going to school for a semester or two. His Pokemon have said he's really smart, academically at least.

"I'll definitely keep that in mind" Jaydin said.

Bonnie suddenly ran up to Jaydin. "Hey hey! Do you have more Pokemon with you? Can I see them?"

Jaydin grunted with surprise at her sudden action.

"U-Um, sure I guess" he said awkwardly.

Zoroark growled at how close Bonnie was to him.

Jaydin took out everyone's Poke Balls except Marshadow's. He threw them into the air. In a flash, they all appeared.

Bonnie's eyes sparkled at seeing them. She noticed Duraludon and ran up to him.

"Wow!! Who is this Pokemon?!" She asked excitedly.

"That's Duraludon, he's a Pokemon typically found in Galar, although I found him somewhere else" Jaydin explained.

"It's so cute!! Hi I'm Bonnie, and this is Dedenne!" Bonnie said, Dedenne greeting him as well.

"Um...hello..." Duraludon said with an awkward sweatdrop.

Bonnie ran up to the others, introducing herself, them giving similar reaction like Duraludon's.

Bonnie finally realized something. "There's only 5 here, do you not have a sixth one?"

"I do, but he gets really nervous around ones other than me and my Pokemon" Jaydin explained.

"Can I meet him??" Bonnie asked, completely ignoring what he just said.

"Bonnie, he just said his Pokémon gets nervous around others, so you need to respect its feelings" Clemont said.

Bonnie didn't seem to hear her brother, still being persistent about meeting Jaydin's last Pokemon. All of Jaydin's Pokemon were about to intervene until a flash appeared behind Jaydin's leg. Marshadow slowly revealed himself from behind Jaydin's leg, clearly looking nervous.

Bonnie saw him. She immediately blushed and grew hearts in her eyes.

"It's so cute!!!!" She squealed loudly.

Clemont saw Marshadow as well but his reaction was a lot calmer compared to Bonnie's.

"What's that Pokémon?" Clemont asked.

"This is Marshadow" Jaydin answered.

Bonnie tried running up to Marshadow, causing him to become scared. Jaydin's Pokémon finally interfered, creating a protective shield in front of Jaydin and Marshadow.

"Back off you little brat!" Zoroark growled.

"How dare you scare Marshadow like that!" Togekiss hissed.

Jaydin picked up Marshadow and held him in his arms, trying to soothe him from Bonnie's action.

"What's wrong? I only wanted to greet him" Bonnie said.

"Well you failed miserably you moron!" Duraludon hissed.

"I'll cut her in two if she tries that again" Greninja said with anger.

Audino came up and took Marshadow from Jaydin. She cradled him in her arms as she and Togekiss activated their motherly instincts.

"Like I said, Marshadow is very nervous about meeting new faces, and what you did scared him a lot" Jaydin explained while hiding his anger.

Before Bonnie could apologize, she felt her ear being pulled by Clemont.

"Come here please" Clemont said, clearly not happy with his sister's behavior.

Clemont pulled Bonnie away, likely to reprimand her. Dedenne stayed behind. He turned and bowed his head.

"I'm so sorry about her, it's an impulse whenever she meets a new Pokémon" he said apologetically.

"It's not your fault, so you don't have to apologize" Jaydin said.

A few minutes later Clemont returned. He still had a look of anger on his face.

"I greatly apologize for my sister's behavior. She'll be spending time in her room to reflect on her actions" Clemont said as he bowed his head.

"I did hear she always gets overexcited when she meets a new Pokémon" Jaydin said.

"Trust me, that is more true than you think" Clemont said with a light chuckle. He refocused himself. "I am curious about it. You said its name was Marshadow right?"

"Yeah. He's actually a Mythical Pokémon, however very few know he actually exists" Jaydin said.

Clemont was greatly surprised and intrigued by this revelation.

"How many know that you have him?" Clemont asked.

"So far it's me, my other Pokémon, Professor Juniper in Unova, Professor Sycamore, Mairin and Chespie, and now you and Bonnie" Jaydin answered.

"Mairin knows? And the professor too?" Clemont said with surprise.

Jaydin nodded. "Marshadow made the decision to reveal himself to Mairin and Professor Sycamore, mainly because he felt they could be trusted with knowing of his existence. As for Professor Juniper, that was actually my fault. I confided in her about what to do with him, not understanding the importance of his existence at the time. She gave me an earful about being more careful in the future. But she's been a big help with getting him more comfortable being out in the open" he explained.

"Well I promise I won't tell anybody, and I'll be sure to keep Bonnie from telling anybody as well" Clemont said in a serious voice.

"Thank you Clemont, I would greatly appreciate that" Jaydin said.

"Well it was good to see you again Jaydin. I hope you find success in Alola, and I hope you will still consider checking out Alola Academy as well" Clemont said with a smile.

"It was an honor to meet you and battle you. And I'll definitely check it out when we get there" Jaydin said with his own smile.

The two shook hands. Jaydin was about to leave when a voice spoke up.

"E-Excuse me."

The two boys turned to see Marshadow shyly walking up to them. He approached Clemont.

"I'm so incredibly sorry that my sister scared you like that. But I promise I won't tell anyone about you, and I'll make sure Bonnie doesn't either" Clemont said with an apologetic look that turned into a reassuring smile.

Marshadow didn't say anything. He raised his hand out, signifying a handshake. Clemont gently shook his hand in return. Marshadow returned to Jaydin's side after that. He recalled everyone except Zoroark. The two left the tower and went to the Professor's lab nearby.

Once they entered, they saw Mairin nearby, talking to a man. He had dark hair that was tied up in the back, black clothes and a blue scarf around his neck. Mairin noticed Jaydin.

"Oh hey Jaydin! I didn't expect you to stop by" she said while waving at him. She walked up to the two. "What brings you here today?"

"Just wanted to stop by the lab before we leave Kalos" Jaydin said.

"You're leaving? That's too bad, I was hoping to see more of your Pokémon, and the little cutie" she said, whispering the last part.

"Who is this kid Mairin?" The man asked as he approached them.

"This is Jaydin, he's a trainer who has helped out at the lab a few times" Mairin said.

"I'm Alain, the Kalos Region Champion" Alain said with his hand out.

Jaydin shook his hand with his own. "It's an honor to meet you sir."

"Mairin has mentioned you to me actually, I'm impressed that you can access Mega Evolution" Alain said.

"Thanks. It was thanks to that that I was able to beat Clemont" Jaydin said.

"So you won your badge? Congrats!" Mairin said.

"You defeated Clemont huh. That's quite impressive considering how strong he is. If I recall correctly, he's only lost a handful of times these last ten years" Alain said.

"It was tough, but we managed to come out on top in the end" Jaydin said.

"So I guess you have all your Kalos Badges now right?" Mairin asked.

Jaydin nodded in confirmation. He showed them his badge case.

"So I presume you'll be able to enter the Kalos League Tournament now?" Alain guessed.

Jaydin shook his head. "No, that's not on our list right now."

Both Mairin and Alain were surprised.

"You're not gonna enter? How come?" Mairin asked.

"There are just other important things I need to do right now. Battling the gym leaders has been a great learning experience for me, but I still need to keep working on getting stronger before I can challenge something as big as a league" Jaydin explained.

"There's never one single path a trainer has to take to achieve their goals, but having a focus on something is greatly important to the trainer, that's what you mean right?" Alain said.

"Yeah, at least, that's how I see it" Jaydin said.

Alain smiled. "That's a great way to see it." He started to take his leave. "If you ever decide to enter the tournament, don't hesitate to reach out."

"I will" Jaydin said.

Alain nodded. He turned to Mairin next. "I'll be heading back now Mairin, I'll see you later."

"Wait" she said. She went up to Alain. She kissed him on the cheek, blushing as she did so.

Zoroark blushed in surprise while Jaydin looked confused.

Mairin pulled back. "See you later~"

Alain blushed but quickly turned away as he left the lab. Mairin giggled at seeing his flustered face. She turned back to the duo.

"Anyway, the professor should be in the garden right now, let's go check if he's still there" she said as she started to walk towards the garden.

The two followed Mairin to the garden. They saw Professor Sycamore and his Garchomp observing the area. He turned around and smiled.

"Well this is a pleasant surprise, hello Jaydin" he said.

"Hey professor, I hope I'm not intruding" Jaydin said.

"You're not intruding at all, so what brings you here today?" Sycamore asked.

"We just wanted to say goodbye before we leave Kalos tonight" Jaydin answered.

"You're leaving us then? Where are you headed next?" Sycamore asked.

"We're gonna go to Alola next. I want to try to get a Z-Ring while I'm there" Jaydin replied.

"Interesting. I presume you want to try to find the rumored Z-Crystal for Marshadow?" Sycamore guessed.

"Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for" Jaydin said.

"Well I hope it goes well for you" Sycamore said.

"Thanks professor. Clemont also mentioned I should check out the Alola Academy as well" Jaydin said.

"Oh I see, that's a good idea. The next semester should be starting soon if I remember correctly" he said. He suddenly got a brainwave. "Say Jaydin, would you possibly be interested in enrolling there for a semester?"

Jaydin, Zoroark and Mairin all gasped.

"Enrolling there?? Like, as a full blown student??" Jaydin asked.

"That's right. I think it would benefit you greatly, plus it would open up a lot of possibilities for you to further grow as a trainer" Sycamore reasoned.

Jaydin contemplated his idea. He'd be lying if he said he didn't like the idea of going there for a semester.

"But Professor, that school is hard to get into and it'll be even harder for Jaydin to find a place to stay while he's there" Mairin countered.

"True, however I'm sure I can make it happen after I make a few calls" Sycamore said. He turned to Jaydin. "So what do you say Jaydin? Does that interest you at all?"

Jaydin didn't know how to respond at first. He turned to Zoroark. She nodded in confirmation that she was interested as well. Jaydin nodded as well. He turned back towards the professor and Mairin.

"If it's possible to do that, then I'd like to go there for a semester" he said.

"Wonderful! I'll make the calls then" Sycamore said.

He and his Garchomp headed towards the lab while Jaydin let out his Pokémon. Mairin left to grab some snacks for Jaydin's Pokémon to eat before they leave. Jaydin explained to everyone what they were going to do in Alola, to which they all agreed and were fine doing so.

After a while Sycamore returned and said everything was all set. Mairin returned with some snacks as well. After some time Jaydin noticed the sky was turning orange. He decided to leave for the airport now. He packed everything up and recalled everybody except Zoroark.

"Good luck in Alola Jaydin, I know you'll do great there" Sycamore said.

"And try not to do anything reckless too" Mairin said.

"I'll do my best" Jaydin said.

The two waved goodbye and traveled to the airport together. It was dark when they arrived at their gate.

The two finally boarded their plane and were led towards a private space on the plane. Jaydin let everyone out to enjoy the view. The plane slowly started to ascend into the air. As the Kalos Region got further away, Jaydin reflected on his time there.

'Kalos was surely eventful and life changing. I can't wait to see what Alola has in store for us' Jaydin thought to himself.

The family eventually succumbed to sleep, dreaming of enjoying what their journey might bring them next.

Next time...!
Alola Academy Arc Begins!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

399K 8K 51
Naruto has been a genius since he was born. But he hid it and acted like a fool to get attention from his classmates. It didn't help him much at all...
565K 12.6K 39
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
224K 7.9K 70
A DNF story This is set in the future in 2047. One day George (A beta male) gets an interview for minecraft coding. A once in a life time opportunity...
623K 12.2K 53
Naruto Woke Up from a Nightmare sweating and panting.He Failed to protect his friends in his nightmare which led to their deaths.He has a new resolve...