The Roses and Hibiscus Chroni...

By melanieporter21

In a world where the beauty of roses and the lushness of hibiscus hide intricate secrets, Indila's life becom... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Epilogue
author's note - one shots
The Night Elana was born
The Apology
Young Crassus
The ghost of Lucy Gray Baird
Pillow talk
Young Elana
The general from 2
The three women
Young Incipium
Sickness
Starting over
The first word
The Payback

Prologue

1.7K 20 4
By melanieporter21

She was a princess. Snow stared at her picture for a while; that would do, she was a good candidate. A princess from the South; he wondered what kind of beastly people would still have a princess, and kings and queens—it was pathetic. However, at the same time, having a foreign woman was really something. She could be beastly, but he stills the only man in the country powerful enough to lay down with a woman who was not born in Panem. That was the best part—no family, no friends, nobody that could tell her how to feel, nobody she could trust besides himself.

Crassus was crying somewhere distant, but he could still hear him. Livia was not exactly what you could call a good mother; she was actually dumb, disgusting, almost a rebel. She got used to treating Snow with despair, not the devotion that a woman must have for her husband. This other girl was younger, 10 years younger than Livia and himself. He was 18 once, so Snow knew that is a proper age to love. She would love him, she would be devoted, she would be the perfect mother to Crassus, and a beautiful first lady to Panem. That's exactly what he needed, what Panem needed—a beautiful, young, devoted woman who was ready to die for him.

"Send a message to the international press, tell them I'm now a widower."

"What do you mean, sir? Mrs. Snow is healthier than ever; she is recovering very well..."

"I know," Snow said. "Do what I said, and we are taking care of this later. And tell the citizens of Panem that their first lady has passed away while giving birth."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

629K 15.5K 42
❝ 𝘴𝘩𝘦'𝘴 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘺𝘮𝘣𝘰𝘭 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦'𝘴 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘦𝘦, 𝘢𝘯 𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐏𝐇𝐄 ❞ ・ 。゚☆: *. 𝐅𝐈𝐍�...
49.8K 823 27
" his eyes were heartless, yet so full of love " coriolanus snow x fem!oc started: O9/O1/2O24 completed: 17/O3/2O24
15.5K 522 27
[CORIOLANUS SNOW X FEM!OC] --- "I loathe her..." --- Coriolanus Snow wasn't cut out for love. He hated how it made him feel: jealous, vulnerable, out...
53.4K 1K 92
Lucy gray was able to run from coriolanus snow. Everyone who ever knew her thought she was dead. She was able to run and find a new home under a new...