SERENDIPITY 「KJB」

By DaeyeoLION

"There I was again tonight Forcing laughter, faking smiles Same old tired, lonely place Walls of insincerity... More

Prologue
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7
Day 8
Day 9
Day 10
Day 11
Day 12
Day 13
Day 14
Day 15
Day 16
Day 17
Day 18
Day 19
Day 20
Day 21
Day 22
Day 23
Day 24
Day 25
Day 26
Day 27
Day 28
Day 29
Day 30 #FINAL
SPECIAL CHAPTER #1 : JUNG LEIA
SPECIAL CHAPTER #2 : HONG JOOCHAN & JANG AYA
SPECIAL CHAPTER #3 : KIM JIBEOM
SPECIAL CHAPTER #4 : CHOI SUNGYOON
SPECIAL CHAPTER #5 : THE LETTERS
SPECIAL CHAPTER #7 : BONG JAEHYUN & KIM HANNI
SPECIAL CHAPTER #8 : KIM AREUM
Epilogue

SPECIAL CHAPTER #6 : KIM DONGHYUN & HA CHAERIN

22 7 1
By DaeyeoLION

Song suggestion while reading :
"One Call Away" - Charlie Puth

RING! RING!

Chaerin's phone rings early in the morning. Chaerin, at that time, is preparing herself to work picking up the phone.

"Good morning, sunshine~" a familiar voice greets her early in the morning. Chaerin smiles. It's the voice she loves to hear every morning. The voice of her fiancé, Kim Donghyun.

"Good morning, adeol~" Chaerin greets Donghyun back.

"Have you taken your breakfast?" Donghyun asks.

"Not yet. I'm still preparing myself" Chaerin says.

"Oh okay~ but hey, you don't have to prepare yourself much. You're already beautiful" Donghyun says. Chaerin laughs.

"But I should've looked good at my first day, right?" Chaerin says. Yeah, today is Chaerin's first day at her workplace in South Korea after almost 2 years she spent in Budapest, Hungary. She'll be working as a contract developer for 2 months before she'll be whether accepted as a permanent developer in the company or not. Chaerin is trying to working hard and at least to get her permanent job as it's her promise to Donghyun, which they'll get married after she gets her permanent job in South Korea.

Chaerin is an independent woman. She wants to achieve her dreams yet before she gets married so she can help Donghyun financially. It's not like Donghyun doesn't have a stable income yet, but they both have plans a lot for their future, including if they would have kids in future, they want their offsprings to live in wealth. Donghyun agrees even though it's Donghyun's dream to be the breadwinner of his own future family.

"You'll do well. Good luck, love! I'm sorry, I can't take you to your first day of work" Donghyun says. Donghyun is currently in Tokyo, Japan for work.

"It's okay! Take care in Japan! Make sure to bring me a lot of souvenirs!" Chaerin says.

"Of course! What is the thing you want the most? Tell me.. I'll buy it. I'm going to Shibuya later today" Donghyun says. Chaerin says.

"But.. make sure to bring anything related to pikachu" Chaerin says. Donghyun laughs.

"You love pikachu a lot, huh?" Donghyun says.

"Of course! Because it reminds me of you, Detective Pikachu!" Chaerin says. Donghyun laughs, recalling his own nickname in Serendipity "Detective Pikachu".

"Hahaha of course I'll buy you one. Oh, I think I need to go now. I'm sorry! Take care darling! Good luck!" Donghyun says before he hangs up the call.

*   *   *

Chaerin comes to her work place in a good mood. When she arrives, her presence is welcomed by all her colleagues and her boss. She comes with some other contract workers as well, so she gets to get to know each other better. Chaerin is a friendly person when she gets along with others pretty well. It becomes a good start of her.

*   *   *

Two weeks later, Chaerin has become comfortable with her new environment. She shows a very good attitude and performance so she is able to get her confidence up. While doing her work, she has been approached by one of her colleagues named Evan. A Canadian-born Chinese man who has been working with the company over 5 years; more to say, her team leader.

"Hi Chaerin" Evan greets Chaerin.

"Hey, Ev!" Chaerin greets Chris.

"How's the company? Are you enjoying it?" Evan asks.

"Good! I enjoyed my time working here!" Chaerin says.

"Glad to hear! Anyway, do you have time today?" Evan asks Chaerin.

"Erm.. yeah? Why?" Chaerin asks.

"Oh nothing.. I just wanna invite you for dinner. Actually I wanna discuss about the project you and your team have been assigned, at the same time to have a dinner together.." Evan says.

"Ah.. okay!" Chaerin says.

*   *   *

At night, Chaerin goes to a restaurant with Evan, discussing a project that she has been assigned for. Actually, Chaerin thinks that there would be other people in the discussion but no, it's only her and Evan. Chaerin has a dinner with Evan after the discussion so they're having some talks together.

"How long have you been in Budapest, Chaerin?" Evan asks.

"Oh only for a year and half" Chaerin says.

"Where did you go for study?" Evan asks again.

"I went to the University of Toronto" Chaerin says.

"Really?! I am from Toronto!" Evan is shocked.

"Ahh! Glad to hear that! Toronto is a beautiful city!" Chaerin says.

"Of course! It's my birth place!" Evan says. Chaerin is just smiling.

"Anyway.. are you.. single, by any chance?" Evan asks.

"Erm actually no.. I'm engaged" Chaerin says while showing Evan her engagement ring on her finger.

"Ah.. too bad.." Evan says.

"W-why..?" Chaerin looks awkward.

"Who's that lucky man who gets you.." Evan says in disappointment. Chaerin is just smiling. The conversation is getting awkward.

*   *   *

Finally the weekend begins. However, Chaerin is still working on her work very hardly. While doing her work non-stop,

DING! DONG!

Chaerin's house bell rings. Without any hesitation Chaerin opens the door not even a single glance she makes to the door bell camera. When she opens the door, all her stress comes out of her body when she sees a figure that she loves; it's her fiancé, Kim Donghyun.

"BABE!! Why don't you tell me that you're back?!" Chaerin hugs Donghyun straightaway.

"I wanna surprise you!" Donghyun says while hugging Chaerin.

"I miss you so much!!" Chaerin says.

"Well I miss you more!!" Donghyun matches Chaerin's energy.

Chaerin invites Donghyun inside her house. They both have a very good talk after about three weeks apart. Donghyun bought Chaerin a lot of souvenirs from Japan, especially a big Pikachu plush toy.

"Aaahh! I'm gonna hug this all night!" Chaerin says. She smiles widely while hugging the plushie. Donghyun laughs while seeing her reaction.

"Anyway, how was your work?" Donghyun asks. Chaerin smiles and she tells everything that she experienced during the three weeks period. She is so enthusiastic about her work.

"I have a high chance to be promoted to a permanent worker" Chaerin says to Donghyun.

"Really?! I'm so glad to hear that! You deserve it, babe! I know you can do it!" Donghyun says enthusiastically.

"Thank you! But that's not my main point.." Chaerin says.

"What do you mean, babe?" Donghyun asks.

"I mean.. I promise you that we can get married if I get my permanent job, right? I.. of course I wanna get a job because I wanna get married.. with you.." Chaerin says.

"Babe, don't put such a pressure on it.." Donghyun says. He holds Chaerin's hands.

"I don't want you to wait any longer. I think.. I've been making you wait since the start.." Chaerin says.

"Babe, even it takes a thousand years of waiting, I'd willingly wait for you" Donghyun says.

"What if you wait for me and then you find another person? What if that woman is better than me? Won't you change your heart?" Chaerin asks in insecurity.

"Babe, why are you saying like that? My heart has been set for you! I like you since the first! Do you think it's easy to change my heart?" Donghyun says.

"I'm just... worried.." Chaerin says.

"You don't have to be worried, babe. I'll prove you that my heart is only yours" Donghyun says. Chaerin smiles.

*   *   *

A few days has passed and it's the fourth week of Chaerin to work in the company. Today, Chaerin has been told by Evan that she and her team has been chosen to work with a team from another company to develop a better security system. Their role is just to improve the system that has been developed by the other company's employees. While joining the conference hall, Chaerin is shocked to see that the company that she and her team will be working together is the company that Donghyun works with, and Jibeom as their team leader. Chaerin smiles widely when she sees Donghyun and Jibeom in the conference hall.

After the conference meeting ends, they are given some time to build their relationship with each members, so Chaerin gets to meet Donghyun and Jibeom. Evan meets Jibeom and they start to know each other, as the team leaders that will lead their own teams to success. Jibeom introduces Donghyun to Evan as his "best man in the team", so did Evan introduce Chaerin as his "best person" in his team. Therefore, Chaerin meets Donghyun.

"Do you wanna say hi to each other?" Evan looks deep into Chaerin's eyes while saying. Chaerin smiles.

"Actually.. I've known him.. and Mr Kim Jibeom too" Chaerin says.

"Really?" Evan looks amazed.

"We're good friends" Jibeom says. Evan is even more impressed.

"So, Kim Donghyun is your friend too?" Evan looks at Chaerin.

"Actually.. he's my fiancé" Chaerin smiles proudly. Evan is shocked. He looks at Donghyun from head to toe. He can't even believe it.

*   *   *

Chaerin goes back home with Donghyun after the meeting ends. While in the car, she has some talks with Donghyun.

"I can't believe we can work together! Oh my God, I'm feeling good already!" Chaerin says enthusiastically.

"Yeah! But sadly we have to rush because it needs to be done by a month!" Donghyun says; already having the pressure.

"It's okay! I know we can do it!" Chaerin says. Donghyun smiles.

"Anyway.. I have a question to ask you" Donghyun says. Chaerin is just looking in curiosity at Donghyun who's at that time driving.

"What kind of person Evan Zhu actually is?" Donghyun asks Chaerin. Chaerin looks at Donghyun.

"Why, babe?" Chaerin asks.

"Nah I just.. feeling uncomfortable by the way he looks at me.. and how he looks at you, how he treats you in front of me.." Donghyun says.

"He's a hardworking man I can say.. but likes to ask awkward questions" Chaerin says. Donghyun nods. Chaerin smiles playfully.

"Are you jealous, babe?" Chaerin pokes on Donghyun's cheek.

"No! Why would I?" Donghyun says.

"I thought you were! Because your actions did say that!" Chaerin says.

"No.." Donghyun says. Chaerin giggles.

"Chill, babe. He's always like that. Let's just ignore his behaviour, okay?" Chaerin says.

"Yeah, let's.." Donghyun replies.

*   *   *

Two weeks later, two teams are working very hard together to make sure they achieve their targets. Both team leaders are really doing great works leading their teams to give all out of them. Both teams are having good connections with each other. However, Donghyun feels so distant with Evan because Evan seems not to treat him well; more to say, he doesn't have a good communication with Evan. He doesn't know why, but Evan seems very uninterested to know him. Donghyun tries to put it aside, since they'll be working together only for a month anyway. He doesn't want it to affect his performance.

During lunch time, all employees from both companies are going for lunch. Chaerin asks Donghyun to go for lunch with Jibeom and she'll join later because Evan wants to see her first. Donghyun agrees. After everyone leaves, Chaerin stays with Evan in the office.

"What's the thing you wanna talk about?" Chaerin asks.

"Oh I just wanna talk about this programme you made" and they started talking about the improvements he suggested. Evan looks at the enthusiastic Chaerin who's currently showing him her work. Chaerin looks at Evan who's not paying attention on her explanation.

"Evan.. Evan? Why are you looking at me like that?" Chaerin looks awkward.

"Oh nothing.." Evan says.

"Can we.. discuss about this? Or you wanna stop?" Chaerin asks.

"Let's discuss.." Evan says. Chaerin nods. After a few minutes of discussion, they both agree to stop as it's now lunch time. Chaerin takes all of her stuffs and she walks to the door. While she passes through the door, she's shocked to see Donghyun who's waiting for her outside of the office.

"Adeol! Why are you still here? Wasn't I told you to go first with Jibeom?" Chaerin looks guilty as Donghyun has been waiting for her.

"Jibeom went home for a while. He said Leia wasn't feeling well.. so I just wanted to wait for you since I'n alone" Chaerin says.

"Awhh.. I'm sorry for making you wait! The discussion was a bit longer" Chaerin says.

"It's okay. Now, shall we go now?" Donghyun asks. Chaerin smiles and she nods. She slings her arm in Donghyun's arm and they walk together to the elevator. Without them noticing, Evan is just watching them.

*   *   *

The next day, Jibeom doesn't show up as he takes two days leave because Leia was admitted to the hospital last night for being dehydrated by severe morning sickness. While Donghyun and his team are still working on the project, they find some errors and glitches from the software made my Chaerin and her team, so in order to achieve the desired outcome, Donghyun and his team tell Evan about the problems. However, Donghyun and his team are being 'mistreated' when Evan seems being intolerable to their ideas.

"But this system will be harmful as hackers might be possible to hack" Donghyun says, as the "captain" of his team.

"I know you all are coming from a prestigious company here but please don't try be so arrogant. Touch some grass. You're in my company" Evan says.

"But I'm just stating the fact that this system is unstable! We only have 2 weeks left before the submission. Are you really wanna submit this piece of shit?!" Donghyun starts to fume as Evan seems not wanting to tolerate. Evan walks to Donghyun and he slaps Donghyun very hard. Everyone who sees it is really shocked. Chaerin stands up when Evan does that.

"Evan! What are you doing?!" Chaerin yells. Evan sadly ignores her.

"Listen here, I'm only being kind to you and your team before because of Kim Jibeom. But if you all are still wanting to be 'hard-headed' like this, I'm not hesitate to report you all to the authorities." Evan says. Donghyun is just standing there, no reaction. He's holding all of his grudges.

*   *   *

After the working hour ends, Donghyun is just silently driving his car. Chaerin is just staying silent in the car because she knows that Donghyun isn't in a good mood.

"Babe.. about before.. is it really.. the system we made was a piece of shit?" Chaerin tries to open a topic of discussion. Donghyun sighs.

"I don't mean to say that.. I'm just fuming when Evan is fumbling around with it.. you know how important this project really is, right?" Donghyun says. Chaerin nods.

"I don't know why Evan treats you that way.. he.. you are saying the truth about it.. we found the errors too but still.. he shouldn't have to treat you and your team like that.." Chaerin says. Donghyun sighs. He losses his words.

*   *   *

A week later, Donghyun and his team are remaining silent when they are being mistreated by Evan. Evan is absolutely a pretender when he is being gentle to Donghyun and his team when Jibeom is around but he's very harsh when Jibeom isn't around. Evan likes to provoke Donghyun and his team, making Donghyun has always been arguably one to blame. It's now left only a week for the collaborative work to end, but Donghyun has not only struggled with the team, yet the fact that he's always arguing with Evan, giving Chaerin a bad influence when everyone has known that Chaerin and Donghyun are actually engaged.

Actually it's Evan's idea in the first place to provoke Donghyun. He knows that Donghyun is so passionate about his work so he'll give all out for it. Evan is actually jealous that Chaerin is engaged with Donghyun. He likes Chaerin since the first time he met her. Not sure what's the actual reason but he absolutely has an evil plan to separate Donghyun and Chaerin. Donghyun knows it after he sees all gestures of Evan to Chaerin.

*   *   *

When the working hour has ended, Chaerin has been left alone with Donghyun outside of the company.

"Babe, can you please not to make fuss anymore when you're with us?" Chaerin says.

"What fuss? Are you tryna blame me too? Like Evan did?" Donghyun says.

"No.. but you're being sarcastic and arguable with him all day, it gives me bad impression to the company! Now everyone knows that 'the one who always argues with Evan' is my fiancé.." Chaerin says.

"Babe, I can't believe you care more about your reputation than how my team and I have been mistreated by your so-called leader.. I'm disappointed" Donghyun says.

"Babe, I'm doing this because I wanna get to work permanently there. You know what we've promised. This is my only choice.." Chaerin says.

"Do whatever you like.. I can't let my team to be mistreated. Enough with everything he has done to us. They've been working blood, sweat and tears for Evan's stupid ideas" Donghyun says.

"Babe, if you're keep being like this, they'll won't let me to be one of them!" Chaerin says.

"F**k off with the job babe! He's toxic! He's trying to destroy us! Don't you realise yet that he's trying to make us apart?! He likes you, babe! That's why!" Donghyun yells. Chaerin is stunned when Donghyun yells at her.

"B-babe.. I-I'm sorry.. I-.. I didn't mean to.. yell at you.." Donghyun apologises.

"Donghyun.. I think.. it's better for us not to meet each other for a while.." Chaerin says.

"B-babe.. I.. I don't mean to yell.." Donghyun says.

"You're hard to console. You keep on seeing Evan and our team as bad.. Evan was right. Even if you come from a prestigious company, you can't belittle us.." Chaerin says.

"Babe.. we never see you guys like that.." Donghyun says.

"Your words don't resemble your actions. Babe, if you're keep on being like this.. let's break up then.. seems like you're already tired of waiting for me anyway" Chaerin says.

"Babe! What do you mean? I never said that! After all of these times, why would we fight about this thing? Why would this thing lead us to break up?" Donghyun says.

"Because you're keep on seeing your goals while we have ours too! Your existence there gives a bad reputation to me! Let's.. not talk about this anymore.. for now, let's pretend like we never know each other.." Chaerin says and she walks away. Leaving a stunned Donghyun there. Is this really the end to their relationship now? After almost two years? After almost a year of engagement?

*   *   *

Donghyun's storytelling
Jibeom is shocked to see that Donghyun comes to his residence after their working hours. Jibeom and Leia welcome Donghyun to the house and they treat Donghyun with some meals.

"We broke up" Donghyun says to Jibeom and Leia.

"What?" Jibeom and Leia are seemingly disbelieving that Donghyun and Chaerin has broken up.

"But why?" Jibeom asks. Donghyun tells everything that has been happening. While telling Jibeom and Leia, Donghyun's tears flow down. After 2 years of friendship, never ever they see Donghyun's tears. Even after the final choice he failed, they never saw Donghyun as a "weak" person as he moved on very fast. But this time, he really cries. Maybe it's because.. Donghyun and Chaerin loved each other. They're even one step closer to marriage but it all messed up now. It's all because of Evan. Jibeom comforts Donghyun. As a friend and his team leader, Jibeom knows that he has to do something.

*   *   *

A week has passed, both teams have performed to the final submission. Now it marks as the end of the collaborative project. This also marks as the last day of Chaerin to be working at the company as a contract developer. She'll know the result if she's accepted to the company as a permanent developer next week. Chaerin feels nervous as she really wants the position. Yet, Donghyun is just looking at Chaerin but Chaerin doesn't even look at him. It has been a week since the last time they communicate. Donghyun tries to approach Chaerin but she refuses. So.. this is the end?

Jibeom knows about Chaerin & Donghyun's relationship. Evan knows too when Chaerin tells him about that. Evan proposes Chaerin to be her boyfriend right after the breakup but Chaerin isn't ready for that. She still loves Donghyun. Likewise Donghyun to her. However, ego beats love.

After the project ends, Chaerin meets Jibeom and Evan to thank both leaders for providing her the opportunity. Donghyun is just watching them three from afar. He doesn't bear to join the conversation. He doesn't want to make Chaerin to feel awkward anymore. Even though he misses her, he'd do anything as long as Chaerin is comfortable.

After Jibeom leaves Chaerin and Evan,

"Chaerin are you free tonight?" Evan asks.

"Urm yeah.. why?" Chaerin asks.

"Oh I wanna invite you dinner" Evan says.

"Oh actually.. I'm lazy.." Chaerin says.

"Come on, we have just finished this project. It's the last day you worked here too! Let's have some fun!" Evan says.

"Can't you invite someone else?" Chaerin asks.

"They don't know how to have fun! I know you know how, so let's have some fun.. please.." Evan says.

"I don't feel good.." Chaerin says.

"Hey, remember that you wanna get the permanent job here right? I promise I'll help you with that.. if you are interested to join me tonight.." Evan says. Chaerin takes some time to think before she agrees.

"But I don't wanna get home late.." Chaerin says.

"Okay! I'll send you the location! See you tonight!" Evan says. Chaerin smiles a bit.

From afar, Donghyun and Jibeom are just watching them two. Jibeom holds Donghyun's shoulder.

"Why am I so unlucky in love, Jibeom?" Donghyun asks.

"No you aren't.." Jibeom says.

At night, Donghyun is pondering out the window. It's a sudden downpour tonight. He's just watching the night city of Seoul from his condominium's window. He sighs. Why does life feel so heavy lately? Why does even wine tastes so bitter lately?

*   *   *

Chaerin's storytelling
Chaerin arrives at the location that Evan sent her. It's a night club. Chaerin hesitates to enter as Evan tells that they're going to have dinner, not a party. Chaerin tries to call Evan's phone number.

"Oh hey! Where are you?" Evan asks.

"Evan is this the right place? This doesn't seem like a restaurant?" Chaerin asks.

"Oh didn't I tell you that we're going to have fun?" Evan says.

"You said we're going to have dinner.." Chaerin says.

"Ahh.. this place has good foods too" Evan says.

"I wanna go home.." Chaerin says.

"Hey you've arrived, right? Let's have some time.. remember what we've promised.." Evan says.

"Fine" Chaerin says.

*   *   *

Chaerin enters the place. She sees Evan right after she gets into the club, talking with some waiters. Chaerin walks towards Evan and Evan sees her afterwards.

"Hey! Finally!" Evan says. He begins to hold Chaerin's hand and dragging her to sit next to her.

"What do you wanna eat? Drink? You like gin?" Evan asks.

"I don't drink" Chaerin says. It's actually an excused. She doesn't like to drink with people she doesn't close to.

"Come on~ you gotta try! Look! This is my 2nd glass" Evan says. Chaerin shakes her head.

"Come on.. you don't look happy" Evan says.

"I don't like this place.. it's a devil's place" Chaerin says.

"No.. it's a place to be happy" Evan says. He looks at Chaerin.

"You look pretty tonight. You smell so good too.." Evan says. He begins to hold Chaerin's shoulder.

"Evan, what are you doing?" Chaerin brushes Evan's hand away. Evan is drunk. He begins to ignore Chaerin's words and continues to harass her. Chaerin tries very hard not to make Evan to hold her until one time Evan holds Chaerin's face harshly.

"Don't fight. I've been waiting for you for so long" Evan says. He pushes Chaerin. He tries to harass her in drunk rage. Chaerin is struggling to escape. He screams for help but nobody helps her as it's a "normal" situation in a night club. Everyone ignores her. Evan is getting wild. He tries to kiss her.

*   *   *

Donghyun's storytelling
DING! DONG!

Donghyun opens the door as soon as his door bell rings. He is just simply opening the door without looking at the door bell's camera. Indeed, he feels lonely, so he's welcoming everyone who wants to come to his house. As soon as he opens the door, he's shocked to see Chaerin is soaking wet in front of his door; crying. She came to his house in this downpour?!

"B-babe.." Donghyun says while looking at messy Chaerin. Chaerin cries. She hugs Donghyun straightaway. Donghyun doesn't think about anything. He hugs Chaerin back. No matter if she's soaking wet or not, he misses her so much.

*   *   *

Chaerin tells Donghyun that Evan tries to harass her. Luckily Chaerin manages to escape by hitting the wine bottle on Evan's head. It wasn't broken but enough to make Evan stop by the pain. That was the moment when Chaerin ran out of the "devil's place". Chaerin tells that she doesn't mean to go for dinner with Evan. Evan lies to her. He has another "agenda". Chaerin cries in Donghyun's arm. Donghyun tries to console her.

After Chaerin has become better, Donghyun drives his car to send Chaerin home. But before he sends her home, Donghyun stops by the night club where Evan asks Chaerin to come. When he parks, he sees that Evan has just come out of the club in drunk.

"Babe, where are you going?" Chaerin gets out of the car and holds Donghyun's hand when Donghyun gets out.

"I wanna give him a lesson" Donghyun says. He looks at Evan from afar.

"Babe, let's not to meet him. Let's go home.." Chaerin persuades Donghyun. Donghyun ignores her and rapidly comes towards Evan. In an instant, he swings his fist to Evan's face very hard. Evan falls to the ground as soon as Donghyun punches him. Donghyun continues to fight him with anger in his eyes.

"I DON'T CARE IF YOU DON'T WANNA RESPECT ME BUT YOU ARE CROSSING THE LINE WHEN YOU HARASS MY FIANCÉE" Donghyun continues to punch him. Evan gets up and they both are fighting. People who passes by are all trying to break the fight.

*   *   *

Both Donghyun and Evan are arrested in the local police department for fighting in public. Jibeom comes to bail Donghyun while Evan stays in the lock up because no one comes to bail him. It's actually Chaerin who calls for Jibeom's help. Donghyun gets some bruises on his face and arms by fighting. When they are all outside of the police station, Donghyun thanks Jibeom for bailing him out.

"I know you have a lot of grudges towards him but please don't do that again next time" Jibeom says. Donghyun sighs.

"He deserves it anyway" Donghyun says.

"I know.. but it'll give bad impression to Chaerin if this will keep happening, right?" Jibeom says.

"Why does no one care about what Evan did to us? Why is it always about someone else's reputation but not ours? Are we not having dignity, Jibeom?" Donghyun starts to piss off.

"Who says no one cares about it? I know all of it!" Jibeom says.

"Then why didn't you do anything about it?" Donghyun says.

"I did! I've reported him to the authorities, and his company's counsel. He was suspended for 2 months by abuse of power, starting from today" Jibeom said. Both Chaerin and Donghyun are shocked. Jibeom holds Donghyun's shoulder.

"How can I not to do anything when my team members are being mistreated, Donghyun? How can I stay silent about that? I can't even sleep well by thinking about that.." Jibeom says. Donghyun goes silent.

"Let me tell you something. Work hard in silence. Let your success be the voice" Jibeom says while holding Donghyun's shoulder.

*   *   *

Both Chaerin and Donghyun are being left in front of the police station after Jibeom leaves for his home.

"Babe.. I'm sorry.. for everything you've been through. I'm sorry.. for being selfish. I'm sorry for everything that happened between us.." Chaerin apologises to Donghyun. Donghyun smiles. He holds Chaerin's hands.

"You know.. I only want the best for you.." Donghyun says.

"I wanna be independent. I wanna show you that I be successful like you too.. I wanna be someone who can lessen your burden when we get married.. that's why I really desperately wanna get a job" Chaerin says.

"Babe, you don't have to proof anything to me. You're perfect in my eyes. No matter if after we get married and you are successful, or even you're a housewife, I'd still love you" Donghyun says. Hearing those words, Chaerin hugs Donghyun straightaway.

"I'm sorry.." Chaerin says.

*   *   *

A week later,

"Babe" Chaerin shows Donghyun the acceptance letter she gets from the company she worked with before. She gets accepted so she has to come to the company to sign up the contract. Donghyun smiles while deeply in his heart, he sighs. Here we go again.

"When are you going to sign up the contract? I can send you there" Donghyun says.

"Well.. guess what? I think.. I don't need this anymore.." Chaerin says. She rips off the acceptance letter in front of Donghyun. Donghyun is shocked about that.

"B-babe.." Donghyun is stunned.

"I don't wanna risk our relationship with it anymore. It's enough now that I have you by my side. Yet, we're still getting married, right?" Chaerin looks at Donghyun. Donghyun smiles.

"Of course we will!" Donghyun says excitedly. Chaerin smiles. Chaerin hugs Donghyun.

"I love you" Chaerin says. Donghyun hugs Chaerin back.

"I love you more than you ever know!" Donghyun says. Chaerin giggles.

After the incident, they realise that in relationship, it's not only about themselves but it's about both parties. Donghyun and Chaerin's relationship is getting stronger after the breakup, and now they're back together.

After Donghyun's influence, Chaerin decides to continue her career as a freelance developer. By that point, she'll be working when needed but will be staying home most of the time after they get married. Donghyun is happy by that since Chaerin is following his advice. Chaerin is happy too when she can at least be such a helpful partner to Donghyun.

However, Chaerin doesn't have any much hopes. She wants to go with the flow. Hence, Donghyun and Chaerin are planning to get married soon. Both parents have agreed. They're going to get married in a few months. A lot of preparation has to be made. Their love story as an official partner is just about to start.

-To Be Continued-
✔️vote
✔️comment
✔️share

A/N :
Happy birthday Kim Donghyun!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.5K 1.4K 32
"Thank you for completing me, Jaeyun-ah" -Jay "I never thought I'll ever want to share my life with someone as much as I want to share it with you, J...
245K 12.6K 59
"Just like the stars in the night sky... Our love is infinite..." ----- Park Jimin is one of the most loved students in school. He's kind, and hand...
44.8K 1.6K 17
"W-What are you doing, Y/N?" Jungkook stammered, an uneasy frown on his face. His gaze drifted to her plump lips, which seemed to utter beautiful but...
452K 24.1K 46
Story by Cutegir2002 ____________________ Jeon jungkook loves his girlfriend Lim Somi the most in the world. He is ready to do anything for her. Jeon...