The Prince's Visions

By Havecouragebkind

People say that death is not the end. For Evelyn, it's not. After battling cancer for almost four years, deat... More

Disclaimer
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty three
Chapter Twenty five
Chapter Twenty six
Chapter Twenty seven
Chapter Twenty eight
Chapter twenty nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter thirty one
Chapter thirty two
Chapter thirty three
Author's Note
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty one
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter forty three
Chapter Forty four
Chapter Forty five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty seven
Dedication
Author's Note
Becoming Aredhel

Chapter Twenty four

2.9K 121 27
By Havecouragebkind

{Picture is of Eilonwy's hairstyle (but red hair of course ;) This is Elizabeth Bennet- played by Keira Knightley-in the 2005 version of Pride & Prejudice. If you haven't watched it before, you totally should. One of my favorite movies! :D}

"So This is Love" from Cinderella is the song Eilonwy was singing, and the video linked in this chapter.

Legolas POV

"You look absolutely beautiful," Eilonwy says to Estrith as she sashays out from behind her changing screen in her dress Aragorn ordered to be made for her to wear to the first feast tomorrow.

"Thank you, Lady Eilonwy!" she exclaims. Her bright smile reaches her round, innocent shining eyes as she twirls in a circle, the fabric of her sapphire blue dress fanning out around her. The material is rich and expensive looking, and it is lined with silver.

The sweet girl then turns to look at me, her eyes hopeful, wanting to hear my opinion. I stand from my place on the ground beside Eilonwy and I stalk toward Estrith, pacing around her in a slow circle as I pretend to appraise her, much in the same way as my father does to his subjects.

"Hmm," I begin, and I stoop down to sweep the child into my arms, smiling as she shrieks in surprise and begins to giggle, "I think that Aragorn and I will have to keep a close watch on you or else all the young boys will try to steal you away from us, for you will be the most beautiful lady attending."

I watch fondly as her small, chubby cheeks turn rosy, and she giggles in satisfaction of my praise. Holding her in my arms, I spin around once, causing her to laugh even harder. "Legolas!" she exclaims.

"Yes, my little princess?"

"Please keep the boys away from me at the feast! I do not like them! Lady Eilonwy told me that they have something called 'cooties'!" she exclaims, her voice so rushed in excitement that she has to pause and take in some air between every few words. Her eyes are wide in horror as they look into mine.

I look to Eilonwy and raise my eyebrow at her. She laughs at Estrith's words and gives me a 'I will explain later' look. Estrith squirms in my arms, a sign that she wants to be put down, and I oblige, setting her back on her feet. She rushes to Eilonwy, plopping down in her lap. She looks up at her and attempts to whisper, but I can hear every word she says. "Does that mean that you have cooties? Did Legolas give them to you?"

Eilonwy laughs melodically, and I shift in discomfort. I know not what these 'cooties' are, but I am most positive that I do not have them. "No," she whispers to Estrith animatedly, loud enough for me to hear, "Legolas does not have cooties. I checked."

Estrith looks relieved, and she pats Eilonwy on the head as if she is the child and Estrith is the adult. "That is good!" she exclaims, and then her expression becomes more serious, "So, what are you wearing to the feast tomorrow?"

Eilonwy shrugs. "I know not, honestly. I only have the clothes that I brought from Lothlorien, and judging from your splendid dress, I have nothing fancy enough to wear."

I walk over and sit down beside them as Estrith says, "I will tell father! Surely he will have you a dress made since you have nothing to wear."

"No, no, do not ask him such a thing," Eilonwy refuses, tucking a stray piece of Estrith's light brown hair behind her ear, "I doubt anyone could sew a ballgown in one day, and I could never think of asking your father for such a thing. He has already been more generous than I could ever imagine by letting me stay here without being of a royal bloodline."

Estrith glances at me as Eilonwy speaks, giving me a look that says I should do something. I did not need her prodding glance in the first place, though, because I have every intention of speaking with Aragorn. Eilonwy may see herself as unworthy, but I will make sure she has a dress that matches her natural radiance, even if I have to ask Glosseth for help. Today, her hair is pulled into an intricate updo that Glosseth insisted on doing for her this morning. A single, fiery curl hangs down, caressing her cheek, and tiny white flowers are tucked into her hair delicately. She usually wears white gowns and I think about asking for a white gown to be made for her, but then I remember what color I always thought suited her best in my visions. Blue. Blue compliments her porcelain skin more so than any other color. Yes, she shall wear blue for the feast tomorrow.

"Excuse me," I say, standing from the ground and walking to the door, "I just remembered that Aragorn asked for me to join him in his study for lunch." This was a lie, of course, but if I wanted Eilonwy to have a dress, I would have to find a seamstress as quickly as possible.

Eilonwy looks at me, disappointment swimming in her eyes, but I smile reassuringly at her. "I will come and find you later. Until then, please keep Estrith company."

"Of course," she replies, giving me a soft smile.

My gaze moves to Estrith to see her grinning at me knowingly. When Eilonwy looks away, I wink at the girl, causing her grin to widen, and I place my finger on my lips to show her that I want what I am doing to be a secret. She nods indiscreetly. "Farewell, Legolas. I will take great care of Lady Eilonwy."

I chuckle at her statement and leave the room, shutting the door behind me softly. I immediately make my way to the large sitting room where Eilonwy first met everyone upon our arrival in Lothlorien. Everyone will either be in there or in the ballroom assisting in decorating for the feast tomorrow. I stride down the familiar hallways quickly, thinking of who to ask for assistance in my plan. Glosseth will undoubtedly be over dramatic if I ask her, resulting in countless hours of teasing and girly shrieks of happiness. I really do not wish to deal with that right this moment, but who else can I ask? I refuse to ask for my mother's help, for she can be just as horrible as Glosseth sometimes.

I open the door to the sitting room and am surprised to see Arwen sitting in one of the red fabric covered armchairs watching Sylmae as she reads aloud to Roshi from a leather bound book. Her ink black hair falls in soft waves down her shoulders and back, and she holds a baby in her arms delicately. She wears a gown of soft gray that sweeps to the floor in a curtain of silk.

Arwen looks up when I enter the room and smiles welcomingly. "Legolas," she says quietly, "It is so wonderful to see you, mellon nin. Please, take a seat."

I am surprised to see her. I was not expecting her to be here, but I take a seat in the armchair beside her nonetheless. "Arwen, I have not seen you in so long," I say with a smile, happy to see one of my greatest friends.

My gaze travels to the small babe in her arms wrapped in a blue blanket. Noticing

that my attention has been diverted from her, Arwen laughs. "Enchanting, is he not?" she asks softly as she looks down at her newborn fondly, lovingly, "Would you like to hold him?"

I look up at her in alarm, my eyes wide at the thought. I have never been good with small babies. He is so small, so fragile, that I am afraid I might hurt him unintentionally. Arwen only laughs lightly again, holding him out for me to take. I reach out, taking him from her arms carefully, making sure to do so slowly so as to not wake him. Once I am clutching him securely in my arms, I appraise him in thought. His slightly chubby cheeks are rosy, and his eyes are shut tightly in sleep, his dark eyelashes a striking contrast to his fair skin. He has a tuft of black, soft hair upon his head that I find utterly adorable, and his tiny fingers clutch the blanket around him tightly. His lips are small and pink, puckered slightly as he dreams.

"He is absolutely beautiful," I breathe, looking up at Arwen.

Her gaze is rested softly on me, a small smile pulling at her lips. "I thought you would become attached to him. You have always been wonderful with children," she says, her gaze travelling to Sylmae and Roshi for a moment. Sylmae has long, very curly chestnut hair and gray eyes, and Roshi has long, wavy ebony hair, and bright blue eyes, resembling her mother more than her sisters do. Sylmae is the oldest at nine years old, Roshi is seven, and Estrith is six. Sylmae is quiet and thoughtful like her father, yet Roshi and Estrith are spritely children who have no problem showing their disapproval upon certain things. Sylmae and Roshi seem to like Gwilithon better than they do me, yet Estrith and I have a strong bond. All in all, they are wonderful, beautiful children.

"What is his name?" I ask, considering no one has told me yet.

"Feyrith," she responds.

The baby stirs in my arms as if he knows he is being spoken of, and his eyelids flutter open softly. He blinks, looking up at me sleepily, and I hold him closer to my chest. His round silver colored eyes look into mine, and I am startled by the affect the small babe has on me. He is utterly beautiful, looking as if he came straight from an oil painting. He gurgles softly, and I reach up, brushing his silky cheek gently with my finger. His tiny pink lips part, quirking up as if he is attempting to smile, and he gurgles again. His tiny arms move, his fingers releasing their grip on the blanket, instead settling on wrapping around my finger. Warmth spreads through my veins at the innocent, sweet touch of the baby, and I wish I could somehow freeze time so that I could stay here forever. I only wish Eilonwy was here. She would love him.

Arwen's melodic laugh startles me from my thoughts as she leans in a bit. "He likes you, Legolas," she says with a grin, "Look at his little smile."

I attempt to control my facial expression from showing just how much this little baby is affecting me, but when Arwen looks at me knowingly, I let a low chuckle escape my lips. I look down at him again. "Feyrith, 'silver leaf'," I say slowly, "The name fits him well. His eyes are so enchanting."

"Thank you," Arwen says, "I believe he has taken after his father with that trait."

"He has your hair color," I say as I smile down at the boy, "And your nose."

Arwen laughs at my observation and lightly strokes the baby's nose. Feyrith's gaze flits to his mother as he scrunches up his nose, his lips once again quirking into a smile. He gurgles again, and Arwen speaks up, "I am relieved he shares at least a few of my traits, even if one of those is my nose." I laugh at her words.

"Now, Legolas, tell me what is on your mind. I am sure you were not expecting me to be in here," Arwen pries gently.

"I came to find Glosseth or Aragorn," I tell her. I had totally forgotten my purpose until now.

"And for what reason?" she asks.

I look up at her when I suddenly have an idea. "Will you help me with something?" I ask her.

"I will help in anyway that I can. What do you need?"

"Well," I say, trying to think of a way to ask, "Eilonwy and I were with Estrith this morning, and the topic of the feast was brought up when Estrith was showing off her new dress. It came to my attention that Eilonwy has nothing to wear. I wish to have a gown made for her."

Arwen laughs and covers her lips with her hand. "Oh, Legolas, you are entirely smitten with her!"

I feel my cheeks burn, and I thank Eru that the lighting is fairly dim in the sitting room.

"Legolas has a lady?" Roshi asks suddenly, and I turn to see the sisters walking toward us. Roshi and Sylmae both sink onto the floor at the feet of their mother.

Sylmae looks at Roshi with a grin. "Do you ever listen? Estrith has been speaking of Lady Eilonwy non stop since they all arrived," she says quietly.

Roshi's eyes light up. "Oh, yes! I remember now!"

Arwen looks over at me with an amused smile. "I will help you Legolas. I will get my personal seamstress Raina to make the dress. If anyone can create a feast-worthy dress in as little as one day, it is Raina."

"Thank you," I tell her gratefully, "Please ask her to make it as beautiful as possible. Eilonwy needs a dress that is as enchanting as she is."

Sylmae and Roshi erupt into giggles, and I turn to them, winking slyly. I guess since it is just the four of us and the baby in the room, I do not need to get too embarrassed, despite Arwen's teasing. I love Eilonwy, and I should be able to confess it openly without feeling embarrassed.

"Sylmae, run and tell Raina what Legolas has requested, please," Arwen says, and the girl stands.

"Yes, Naneth," she says and walks to the door.

"May I go, too?" Roshi asks and with Arwen's approving nod the girl skips across the room, disappearing after her sister.

Arwen turns back to me once they are gone. "Eilonwy cares for you. She told Aragorn and I herself," she says.

"I know that she does. She has told me, also," I say, adjusting the baby in my arms as he begins to fall asleep once again.

"Really?" Arwen asks, her eyebrow raised, "I am pleasantly surprised. She seems very shy when it comes to you."

"She is," I say with a smile as I think of how beautiful she looks when she blushes, "I find that alluring, though."

Arwen smiles brightly. "Well, I am so happy for you, Legolas. I wish you both the best. Hopefully, you both will not have to face many difficult tests the way that Aragorn and I had to in order to finally be together."

"I believe every relationship must have its strain of tests. That is what proves whether or not the two really do love each other," I respond.

Arwen looks at me for a moment in silence before smiling widely, saying, "I think you are right, Legolas."'

------------------

That afternoon, I walk to Eilonwy's room. I stop in front of her door and listen for a moment when I hear singing.

"So this is love, hmm

So this is love

So this is what makes life divine

I'm all aglow, hmm

And now I know

The key to all heaven is mine

My heart has wings, hmm

And I can fly

I'll touch every star in the sky

So this is the miracle

That I've been dreaming of

Hmm, hmm

So this is love."

Her singing is beautiful, and I smile to myself as I listen to her hum at the end of a few verses. The song is nothing I have ever heard before, but it is magical. I knock on the door, not wanting to eavesdrop on her any longer.

"Come in," she says, and I walk into her room, shutting the door behind me.

She stands in front of her mirror, pulling the faux white flowers from her hair. I come to stand behind her, brushing away her hands and taking her hair down for her. I pull out all the flowers and pins until her hair is unbound, falling down her back prettily. I place a soft kiss on her head, and she turns to look at me and smiles softly.

"Thank you," she says.

"What were you singing just a moment ago?" I ask her curiously.

"Oh, it is a song from a fairytale that was popular in my world," she replies, looking a tad bit embarrassed.

"I like it. It was a beautiful melody," I tell her, taking her hands in mine and pulling her to me, "What made you think of it?"

"I told Estrith the story. She enjoyed it very much. I am going to start telling her more fairytales from my world," she says with a soft smile.

"I am sure she will love that," I tell her, "You should also tell the stories to her sisters Roshi and Sylmae."

She nods and falls silent for a moment.

"Legolas, will you teach me to dance?" she asks after a moment.

"Right now?" I question.

She nods. "Yes, I have never danced with a male before," she admits, "I do not want to embarrass myself tomorrow."

I place my hand on her waist, pulling her close. I take her hand, placing it on my shoulder, and I take her other hand in mine. I lead her to the center of her bedroom. I explain the different dances to her, and she picks up on them quickly until we are twirling around her room, our laughter echoing around us. Her hand lies on my chest as we dance, and I hold her much closer than is appropriate at feasts and balls. I grab her waist with both of my hands, lifting her off the ground, and she shrieks in surprise.

"I enjoy dancing with you," she says with an alluring smile as I twirl her around in a circle.

I place her back on the ground, pulling her closer to me. The light from the open window pours into the room, washing over her. Her eyes sparkle with happiness and warmth, and I hold her to me, relishing in the warmth of her skin. Her hair whips around her like flames in the wind as we dance, and I cannot help but stare. I love her so much, and I cannot wait to tell her when the time is right. I will wait as long as it takes for her to love me back.

"I enjoy kissing you, yet you have not bestowed a single kiss upon me today. Not once," I state as if this is the most horrible thing in Middle Earth. And to me, it is.

"You are the one who always kisses me when I least expect it, so I did not realize that you wish for me to kiss you first," she says with a slight blush, and I caress her cheek lovingly.

"Then kiss me," I say simply, resting my forehead against hers, looking deeply

into her loving eyes.

She rests her hand against my cheek, standing up on the tips of her toes, and she kisses me tenderly. She pulls back after a few moments, her eyelids fluttering open to look at me. "Are you happy now?" she asks me teasingly.

I shake my head. "Not yet," I reply with a grin before sweeping her into my embrace and kissing her properly.

--------------------------

Elvish translations:

Naneth- mother

Mellon nin- my friend

A/N: So tell me what ya think! I hope y'all like this! I'll proofread later because Duck Dynasty is on ;) Love y'all so much! I hope this met your expectations. See y'all next chapter! :D

Love,

Josie <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 238 33
In the heart of the cursed Mirkwood Forest, Legolas, the prince of the woodland realm, is haunted by an inexplicable feeling of being watched. Unbekn...
24.5K 1.1K 43
The Elvenking and his son have watched as Mirkwood descends into darkness, as the Shadow grows every day. The strife of the past has branded them wit...
2.6K 55 15
Livia , daughter of Lord Elrond and Lady Celebrian, sister to Arwen and the twins Elladan, Elrohir loves to go to Adventures and explore the world. S...
31K 900 19
*COMPLETED* Elladan and Legolas are to be wed. Neither of them quite wants it, at first. Their fathers want to bring Rivendell and Mirkwood together...