SPIDER-MAN: MARK LEE

By hozeokz

❝In which Juliane Moon discovers that her crush, Mark Lee, is actually the infamous masked vigilante, Spiderm... More

𝗦𝗣𝗜𝗗𝗘𝗥𝗠𝗔𝗡
𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗦
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
58
59
60
61
62
63
𝗧𝗛𝗔𝗡𝗞 𝗬𝗢𝗨
𝟲𝟰 (𝗘𝗣𝗜𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘)
𝗦𝗘𝗤𝗨𝗘𝗟 𝗣𝗨𝗕𝗟𝗜𝗦𝗛𝗘𝗗

57

1.4K 55 63
By hozeokz

𝟱𝟳: 𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗘 𝗧𝗢 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗧𝗘𝗔𝗠, 𝗡𝗔𝗢𝗠𝗜

It was a lot easier to break into the headquarters of MoonDelivery. We didn't even need Donghyuck's skills for it. Mark simply swung us to the rooftop and kicked the rooftop door open, we headed down the stairs and claimed one of the many conference rooms and waited for the others to arrive. In the meantime, Mark and I were perched next to each other by the oval table, sharing stories.

"And like come on, food poison? That was probably the dumbest excuse you've made." I said while trying to suppress a laugh.

Meanwhile Mark sat there, timid and shy to hear all the flaws he's made when concealing the fact that he was Spiderman. He found his hand scratching the back of his head. "Yeah, I mean at least I tried right? Or what if was doing it on purpose? You know, so I could get your attention more by being Spiderman?"

I smiled faintly at him, my head tilting slightly to the side. "Come on Mark Lee, you don't have to be Spiderman to get my attention. You've had my attention since I saw you practically steal my best friend from me during Freshman year." I cupped my cheek and placed my elbow on the table, and continuously stared at him. "I fell in love with Mark Lee, not Spiderman."

Mark sighed lowly. He buried his face in his palms, as a way to hide his flushed cheeks. And soon after, his face was on the table.

That was always something I loved seeing: Mark getting flushed and shy.

"And I know you always doubt it, which I don't understand." I looked at him proceed hiding his face on the table, and I smiled ridiculously, I could feel my cheeks twitching. "I know you think of yourself as a nobody, but to me you've always been a somebody. You don't have to be popular or rich to be a somebody, you just gotta be you and someone will be there to notice it and admire it."

Mark didn't budge on his spot. I wagered he was still blushing down there.

I placed my hand on top of his head. I could feel my fingers being tickled and engulfed by his soft and black locks. And I played with them. "You're too cute." I mumbled. Soon after, Mark pulled himself up into a proper sitting position and reached out to intertwine his fingers with mine. And I thanked the HQ for having an awesome lighting here, because the sight of Mark's crimson cheeks made everything better.

Mark and I were supposed proceed chatting, but we were interrupted by another presence walking in.

It was Jaehyun, in his Venom suit.

Even with that mask on, I could tell that his eyes were augmented at the sight of me and Mark. He was definitely stunned by the fact that Mark was fully unmasked. "Oh hey." Jaehyun said beneath his breath, almost a mumble. His eyes then lingered down to our hands, clasped against each other. "Oh... Seems like you guys figured things out." Jaehyun said, smiling warmly.

Jaehyun immediately comprehended the situation. He didn't have to ask. He just knew.

For some reason, both Mark and I feel flushed about this and found ourselves pulling our hands away from each other.

"Umm." I said, clearing my throat. "Do you know when Donghyuck and Naomi are coming?" I inquired with a sheepish smile, trying to shift the subject.

Jaehyun walked further into the room, now standing by the tall glass windows to inspect the bustling city below us. "I came with them, they're just a bit slow." He explained. "They'll be here soon."

Mark and I chose to fill them up with these new informations together in this room, but Donghyuck and Jaehyun couldn't wait any longer and Mark ended up telling them everything through a phone call. But what we did decide on doing was telling Naomi everything here, right now, as soon as she walks past through that door. We knew she was aware of the whole collaboration with Spiderman and Venom, but not about the entire sniper situation from yesterday.

While waiting, Mark and I proceeded chatting. And amid that, I could feel Jaehyun gazing towards our direction, attempting to be surreptitious. But he really wasn't being that surreptitious.

After a while, Donghyuck finally made an appearance and pushed the door open to walk in. The first person he looked at was Mark, who was clearly unmasked, then me. "Dude!" He exclaimed, panic drawn all over his face and body. "Your mask!"

Mark, calm and collected, shrugged his shoulders. "Dude... She knows."

This made Donghyuck's jaw open. "What the fuck? Since when?"

"Since last night." Said Mark.

I couldn't help but scoff a laugh. Since last night my ass. I had known way back then. There was no point of me correcting Mark though, so I shrugged it off.

I then nudged on Mark and eyed his mask on the table, gesturing him to take it on because Naomi would be here in a bit. And of course, Naomi was still unaware about Spiderman's real identity. And immediately, Mark obeyed and took on his mask.

It was just in time, because Naomi walked past Donghyuck. With her hands on her waist, she examined the room and eyed each and every one of us. When her gaze landed on Spiderman, she shook her head lightly with an eye roll. "I already know it's you Mark, you don't have to hide it." Naomi said.

At the background, Donghyuck awkwardly laughed. "Yeah sorry, it kinda slipped out of me when we were on our way here." He mumbled. Mark, obviously surprised, was speechless. All he could do was glare at his best friend.

When Naomi and I locked eyes, something in them softened. Seeing her clearly eased me up, especially since I haven't seen her for awhile. I believed it was a universal feeling: To feel better in the presence of one of your closets friends during a difficult position.

We both knew we wanted something in common: An embrace. Automatically, like an instinct, I pushed myself up from my seat and rushed to Naomi to haul her into a hug. Our bodies were pressed against each other, our hearts beating in sync as we lingered in the hug for a moment long enough to convey a sense of love and affection. "Thanks for being here." I whispered. I didn't get any response, I just felt her embrace getting tighter.

Meanwhile, both Donghyuck and Mark watched with a smile on their faces.

"Of course," Said Naomi and pulled away with a small chuckle. "I'll always help you out. Although the thought of acting behind my father's back feels a bit... scary and unjust, but I'll still do it for you."

Mark and Jaehyun turned to gaze at Donghyuck, both their eyes squinting. And like before, the tanned boy could only laugh awkwardly. "Ah, well, I told her about everything else too on our way here." He mumbled sheepishly, hoping he wouldn't get any scoldings from the two vigilantes. Pretty funny actually, because just a few days ago, he was the one who had the upper hand and told them to shut the fuck up all the time during his hacking procedure.

When Naomi and I pulled away, I went over to return to my seat next to Mark, limping a bit.

Donghyuck widened his eyes as he watched me, his face grimacing a bit. "Oh... I definitely know what happened last night."

Naomi, confused, turned to see me and caught a glimpse of me limping as well. Of course, this made her the most shocked and the happiest person in the room. "No fucking way. There's no way, did you guys-" She eyed Mark and I with eyes filled of excitement, and possibly the widest smile she had ever worn.

Oh God. I knew should've never agreed to that 1 round Mark asked for this morning, because it ended up being more than 1.

When I made my way back to the chair, both Mark and I gazed at each other, our cheeks clearly crimson from the comments of our two friends. Fortunately for him, he had his mask on so it was unnoticed. Though, our friends didn't care and they continued yapping about it.

"There's no way- I am genuinely shocked."

"Me too, Naomi. Like, after several years of listening to Juliane complain about Mark she can finally shut up."

"This means we can have double dates, right?"

"Oh, fuck yeah. Sounds like the first thing we gotta do after finishing this case."

Jaehyun palmed his forehead, clearly not enjoying a second of this conversation right now, so he had to interrupt. "Okay guys." He said, annoyance clearly laced in his deep, baritone voice. "Can we like fucking focus, and stop yapping? We need to get started already." Jaehyun's voice was dominant and demanding. He drew closer to the table, suggesting that it really was time to commence now.

"Of course." Mark nodded, a bit intimidated by Jaehyun. He pulled of his mask and cleared his throat, this time it was him introducing the plan. Although we already knew what it was, it was always nice to summarize it. "The plan is for Naomi to head inside the office of NYPD, wanting to 'check up' on his father, but in reality you have to sneak into Captain Smith's office and plug that USB in," Mark pointed at Donghyuck, who pulled out a USB from his bag before handing it to his girlfriend. "With the USB, we'll gain access to all the data in his computer because it'll be transferred to Hyuck's computer."

Naomi cleared her throat, and wiped an invisible sweat on her forehead. "You're gonna make me stay in Captain Smith's office? What if I get caught? And what if he's there?"

Donghyuck shook his head, placing a hand on Naomi. "Don't worry babe, I'll hack into their security system to warn you if anybody's drawing closer to the room. And we'll try to find the file report as quick as we can. Okay?"

Naomi took a deep breath, her hand on her forehead. "Okay... Okay then." She said, now sounding more eased. "You know what, fuck yeah, I'm doing this. I fucking hate Captain Smith."

Jaehyun tilted his head. "Why?"

"My father has always been skeptical of him, and especially because he treats certain comrades shitty including my dad." Naomi sighed, nodding her head. "Now I know why we can't cooperate with NYPD. We can't trust everyone."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.4K 2.7K 41
At first, it was just a prank, not until Mark's slowly falling in love with his Knight. Highest Rank: #5 in YuMark
3.7K 204 4
in which you're convinced that you don't have a tattoo, and that you're in love with lee donghyuck ; non-idol au, matching tattoo soulmate au, love...
4.9K 265 14
❝Spider-Man and the new Venom found themselves occupied with their separate missions, only to discover that it was connected all along.❞ [BOOK 2: SPI...
3.4K 72 32
[Soulmate au] Suh Huijin,a pretty mysterious college girl with a dark past,doesnt believe in soulmates. Mark Lee,the typical playboy, cold and a hear...