BIMBO'S MISSION

By MMMblessedbyJesus

Unforgiving Bimbo Ajayi is not your normal Lagosian. She's a woman with a plan, a purpose and a mission: To r... More

CHARACTER MOODBOARDS
Prologue
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
Epilogue

VIII

28 5 1
By MMMblessedbyJesus

"Why would you say that?That's my father!" He yelled. That was the first time he had ever raised his voice like that at me but I was not fazed.

Oga no dey shout for my head o, my mama chop craze born me.

"That's your father, the same man who took away my own father's properties and got him fired years ago. He ruined my family's life"

"What are you talking about? Just tell me exactly what happened" he urged.

"Eighteen years ago, my father used to work for the president along with your father, they were business partners and friends too. One day, your father accused my father of stealing government money so my dad was fired. All his assets were seized. My dad used to be wealthy, he had a big house and different cars. Everything was taken away. The house we lived in was demolished one day for no reason. He fainted that day and became paralyzed from his waist downwards. He health has been deteriorating since that day. I was bullied for it in school, my friends mocked me because me we had become poor. My mother had to start working as a maid in my  school and my father could never work again because of his condition. Now do you see why your father is a monster, my father never stole any money, he was a good man!" I cried out.

"I vowed to myself that I would get my revenge on A. Azubuike. I hate that man to the marrows of bone" I said.

"I had no idea , I wasn't even living in Nigeria then. I'm sorry about what he did. Nothing could ever justify his actions" he softened.

"I don't care about your silly apology, I'm not blaming you for anything"

"Eighteen years is a long time to hate someone Bimbo. I can't justify what he did but why can't you just forget it" he said and I hissed  loudly.

"Forget it? Forget it! How can I forget it. He killed my father! He took away everything I ever loved as a child. Do you know how hard it was for us at that time and how hard it still is for me? Or is it because he sent you to America to chill while he was making people suffer here!" I yelled in pains.
My chest was doing the thing again. I exhaled and inhaled.

"Do you love me?" He asked and I was dumbfounded.  I did not reply.
"Do you love me?" He asked again but got no reply from me.

"Okay then. I've got my answer then"

"I didn't say anything"

"That's still an answer. Do you love me more than you hate my dad or let me rephrase. DID you love me more than you hate my dad?"

"I don't know!" I answered.

"So you planned to ditch my party and go and do what? Kill him because of something that happened over a decade which you should have forgotten and lived your lived a fulfilling life. What happened to you? I've never seen this side of you. What happened to you taking an example from God? Man sinned so much yet God still loved him and sent Jesus to die for their sins"

"This is not the time to preach!"

"I'm not preaching! I'm telling you the truth." He retorted.

"Forget about this relationship Collins. I can't date the son of a monster. You may not know this but your dad hates my family. He'll never even let us date"

"What makes you think that? I was freaking going to propose to you!" He said. I knew he was hurting but I just couldn't bring myself to be in a relationship with A. Azubuike's son. His mom was great but his dad was the bane.
"My father is a changed man, I promise" he begged.

"People don't change Collins, your father is a snake, you may not know"

"Bye" he said walking out of the room with the broken pieces of my heart. Onyinye came back in.
"I'm sorry. I know what you want to say. You warned me, I know. I should have never dated Collins in the fisrt place. Look at me thinking I had a chance at love, when my mates have been served multiple breakfasts" I said. She embraced me.

"No you're wrong Bimbo. Of course you have a chance at love. You just need to fix your heart that is filled with unforgiveness and bitterness towards a man who is enjoying his life.  It ruins a lot of things. You need to accept the fact that your battle is the Lord's, it's not yours. Allow him to fight it. Let love permeate your heart, the God type of love. Forgive the old man who is probably enjoying himself right now. Yes he did something terrible to you years ago but get over it, if your dad can be over it why can't you? " Onyinye said rubbing my back as I cried on her shoulders.

"I'm sorry Onyinye; for not listening to you. I'll try to forgive him."

"No don't say you will try. Say you WILL forgive him. In fact say 'I have forgiven A. Azubuike'. Your words have power remember?" Onyinye said raising my head up.

Not fully convinced, I thought for a second. I sniffed and said "I have forgiven A. Azubuike with all my heart" and I cried the more. It felt relieving to say that. It was as if someone had untightened my heart that it felt lighter.
"Dad has already forgiven him sef. He told me one day I went to visit him." I said.
"You see. And you're here taking pills for his own sickness" she said and I chuckled.

"That's what you're good at not me" I replied smiling faintly.

"I'm sure Collins hates me now. I feel so bad for treating him that way. He's been nothing but the best boyfriend to me" I said.

"Hate you where? He was even crying as he left. He doesn't hate you o" Onyinye said.

"Get me out of here" I said

"Okay let's go home" She replied. I rose up and we left the hospital room.

"Do you have my phone? Where's my bag sef?" I asked realizing my things were missing.

"I'm not the one that brought you here. They must be with Collins" She and went outside to check for him.
She returned and said "I think he has gone home. He's probably heart broken"

"No wahala. He'll bring it back" I said and we went home.
~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~
Collins POV

I went home devasted. I could not believe the love of my life couldn't marry me because she hated my father. I was broken on the inside and angry at my dad for being such a wicked person in the past.
Everybody had left the party. It was just my mom and my dad that were seated on the couch, sipping wine.

"Son! How is she?" Mom asked the minute she saw me.
"She is fine. She broke up with me" I announced slumping on the chair and dad choked on his drink. He coughed until he was able to talk.
"Why?" He asked.
"Because of you!" I half-yelled so my father doesn't punch me in the face.

"Me? Does she even know me?"

"Do know any Ajayi that you used to work with in the past" I said and dad had a look of realization on his face.

"That's his daughter" I finished and he sighed.

"But-"

"But nothing dad. She hates you and she hates me too because I'm connected to you" I said leaving the sitting room to my room.

I could not sleep that night. The room was supposed to be meant for me and her when we got married, that was the whole reason why I bought a bigger house. I forgave my father for what he did; he had changed. I was sure of that.
"Huh! I miss her. I can't even deny it" I said to myself.
I recalled that I still had her phone and her bag in my car. "That's a reason to go her house" I thought and made up my mind to go to her house the next day.
|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|

Bimbo POV.
I missed him so much I blamed myself for having such a bad mouth.
Maybe if I hadn't talked to him that way, he wouldn't have left. I should have just told him that I loved him when he asked. I thought as I got up from the bed. Today was Saturday. Saturdays were our off-days and we usually spent it together.

"Good morning dry bones" I greeted Onyinye who was making breakfast for us.
"You don regain yourself shebi?" She siad making me laugh.

"Breakfast is ready. Come and serve yourself, I no be your mama" she said and I went to gas cooker to see what she had made.

"Them serve you breakfast yesterday, you wan serve yourself another one"

She said and I burst into fits of laughter, holding on to the kitchen counter.

"Guy stop joor!" I said after my laughter had subsided.

"Welcome back to the whatsapp groupchat for single ladies. Your village people don add you" she said causing me to laugh again.

"I'm supposed to be sad o." I said.

"You can't be sad when I'm here na" she replied and we heard a knock on our door.

"Let me open it since you made breakfast" I said going to get the door.

I opened the door and Collins was revealed. My heart leaped for joy. His eyes looked like he hadn't slept for days.

"Umm.. I know you don't want to see me but I just brought you your phone and your bag" he said. I wanted to hug him but the pride in me wouldn't let me.

"Okay where are they?" I asked with
an attitude.

"They're in my car. You can come with me to get them" he said and I trailed behind him wondering why he didn't just bring them as he was coming the first time. I could see the classic smirk on his face as we walked to his car.
Funny, he parked his car far away from my house. It was down the street so we continued walking.

"I'm sorry Bimbo. My father is sorry. He has changed. He's not that person anymore. I'm sorry for the way I spoke to you yesterday. I'm sorry for raising my voice at you, it was totally unlike me. Please forgive me." He said more like rapped as we got closer to his car.

I stopped in my tracks and hugged him tightly. "There's nothing to apologize for babe. I'm the one at fault here. I'm sorry for lying to you, for the way I treated you yesterday. I'm sorry and I don't hate your dad anymore. I love and forgive him the way God loves and forgave me." I said sobbing.

"It's okay princess. I do have a question for you" He said
"What's that?"

"Would you marry me" he said on one knee.

"In a heartbeat!" I replied excitedly and he planted a soft kiss on my forehead, then pecked my lips.
"Let's do it this time with Jesus at the center of our marriage" he said and I couldn't agree more.

"Chai! I go love o!" Onyinye yelled as she stood close to the gate. We laughed at her and hugged once more.

************
Happy new year in advance, I promised I was going to finish this book before the year runs out and I did. It's just a few hours till 2023 comes to an end. Take care of your mental health in 2024, do everything thing you've always wanted to do for God, there's no better time to do it. Watch out for an epilogue. I love y'all so much❤️. Happy 2024🥂

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33K 9.3K 55
Demi wanted to be away from all the demons in high school as soon as possible till he met her... Oluwademilade Oriladewa is the finest of them all wi...
113K 13.3K 39
Completed ✔ Aysha Al Qassim is the aftermath of a home robbery. Tragedy robbed her of her Father's love and stole her voice before she had the chance...
4.6K 710 19
After being rejected by her high school crush, Jumoke decides to leave her past behind and focus more on being a working woman. But when fate decides...
80.3K 17.4K 50
"Didn't you just ask me to be your girlfriend?" I asked. He flashed a smile and replied, "Yes, I did!" "Then, what are you doing with that paper and...