Realm of the Hidden Heritage|...

By Undead_muffin95

When young Leah finds out she's a demi-god in a world of monsters and danger, she feels out of place. Then wh... More

A/N
Important
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 2

30 1 0
By Undead_muffin95

 >>>Kalley<<<

       Why did she insist on bringing Leah, Kalley pondered. Kalley wasn't even sure if Leah was a half-blood, she looked pretty normal with her Honey blonde hair and green eyes, and if she was a half-blood why hadn't a Saytr found her sooner, but Kalley didn't have much time to think before a Greyhound bus came and picked them up.

"So, what's this camp about" Leah asked, "And what do you mean by 'Kids like you.'"

"It's for a special type of kid, you'll see once we get there" Kalley responded. She felt tense and had her hands by her bags at all times.

"And see if my mom was right," Kalley muttered under her breath.

Once they got off the bus Kalley sighed in relief there were no monster attacks. Soon, it was just Kalley and Leah walking up to the crest of half-blood hill. It looked the same as Kalley remembered. Peleus the Dragon wrapped around Thaila's pine tree, where on its lowest brow the Golden Fleece was hung, keeping the camp border safe from all monsters. Kalley looked at the camp, ready to go see her friends again before she remembered Leah was there.

"I guess this is where we see if you can enter the camp," Kalley said, unsure if this would work.

Leah took a deep breath and walked across the border with ease. A chill went down Kalley's spine when she saw this, but she too walked across the border.

"You still owe me an explanation Kalley" Leah stated, "and I would like one soon" She added.

"Ya that, well" Kalley really didn't want to answer, she still wasn't fully convinced, yes, she could cross the border but what if Leah thought she was insane? Kalley just ignored the question and walked down to the big house. She walked right past it, trying to ignore Mr.D, the camp dictator, and made her way down to the Apollo cabin and stashed away her stuff. Leah stood a bit away from Kalley's cabin, waiting.

"I'm still awaiting an explanation, Kalley," Leah said expectantly when Kalley got over to her.

"Um, so welcome to camp half-blood?" Kalley said, unsure what else to say.

"Err- camp? What do you mean camp?"

"It's a camp for Half-bloods, and since you crossed the border" Kalley stopped and mumbled "So you must be a half-blood."

"A what?" Leah asked, nervously, as if she were hiding something.

"Um, a half-blood, or the official term is a Demi-god."

Leah sighed in relief. Kalley was confused at why she was so relieved, but she didn't push it.

"Since you're here at camp now, you'll probably be staying in the Hermes cabin," Kalley said, trying to change the subject "Since he's the god of travelers, he takes in all unclaimed demi-gods."

"Unclaimed? What does that mean?" Leah asked confusingly.

"It means your parent hasn't claimed you," Kalley said, "They tend to claim their kids when they're 13 or 14."

"But my dad claimed me! When I was born!" Leah remarked, confused and slightly upset.

"Then your parent must be a woman, so that crosses out all the male gods" Kalley started to talk to herself throwing out a bunch of names, she wasn't 100% sure Leah knew.

"How many male gods are there?" Leah asked, still confused, but less upset.

"Several, anyway, you should probably introduce yourself to Chiron he's up at the big house or the archery range," Kalley said.

"Who?" Leah asked, getting more confused the more Kalley talked.

"Chiron, the trainer of heroes, he's a centaur" Kalley explained.

"Centaur? Like..." Leah cut herself off before she could finish her sentence.

"Like what?" Kalley asked curiously.

"Oh, it's nothing!" Leah answered quickly.

"Well Chiron is probably at the archery range," Kalley continued a little skeptical of Leah. "You should find him there." 

"Oh, I see, thanks for letting me know" Leah said.

'Anyway, I need to stop by my cabin really quick," Kalley said "I'll see you later," Kalley said before running back to her cabin.

>>>Leah<<<

Leah wondered who her mum was, it was hard for her to believe that it was a goddess, Leah grew up catholic, so she believed in there only being one god, but apparently, there was a whole pantheon of gods.

"Well, your god is real too, of course," An old voice said as if he was reading Leah's mind.

"Who are you?" Leah asked, spooked.

When she turned around, she saw a Man with Scruffy, thin, brown hair and a thinning beard, and from the waist down he had a white stallion body.

"What do you mean by that?" Leah asked wearily.

"There are many pantheons of gods, like the Roman, Egyptian, Norse, and of course Greek.

"What does that have to do with the catholic god?" Leah questioned.

"He exists with all of the other gods and those who follow him will go to the catholic afterlife.

"Oh, so who's my mum then?" Leah asked curiously.

She had never met her mum. Leah's dad always said that her mum went camping and never came back. So, Leah just assumed that her mum abandoned her.

"That we don't know, your mother would have to claim you," the Centaur said, "But who are young one."

"I'm Leah Osterman," Leah answered "Are you Chiron?"

"I guess you've heard of me," He said "Welcome to camp half-blood young Leah."

Leah shook his hand, before walking off to the Hermes cabin. When she got there, she saw two identical kids laughing about something, the one on the left looked over to see her.

"Ah- who's the little one?" The left one said.

"She's a new camper, obviously," The right one said,

"Who are you?" Leah asked, confused about what was going on.

"I'm Conner," The boy on the right said.

"And I'm Travis," said the boy on the left.

"Now, who are you," Conner asked.

"I'm Leah Osterman," Leah said, slightly nervous.

"Ooh- So regular or undetermined?" Travis asked, with a sly smile.

"What? What does that mean?" Leah asked, a bit more nervous.

"If you're regular that means your dad is Hermes, if you're undetermined, that means you don't know who your godly parent is," Conner said, as if it were obvious.

"My dad and I come from Britain," Leah said in a matter-of-fact way.

"Well, we need to know who your mom is, but welcome to the Hermes cabin," Travis said, with the same sly smile.

Leah smiled back, wondering if they can tell if she's nervous. Conner grabbed Leah's arm and pulled her into the cabin.

"It's not as full as it once was, but that means more room for you, take a bunk" Connor let Leah's arm go and went over to his bunk as Travis followed.

Leah stepped back, utterly confused. Wondering who Hermes is, but listening to them anyway, she learned extremely quickly that these people were crazy.

After a bit, a group of girls entered the camp. They all wore silver ski parkas and had bows and arrows, and a girl with black hair walked over to the Zeus cabin, while another girl walked over to the Hermes cabin.

"Hello!" The girl said, she had golden blonde hair and misty eyes, "Would all of the women in this cabin please follow!"

So, Leah, along with a few other girls in the cabin, walked outside. While walking Leah finally got to look around the camp. There was a climbing wall, a volleyball court, some basketball hoops, and a big pavilion, which seemed to be where they were walking. In the center of the pavilion was a girl, about 12 or 13 with auburn hair, she wore a silver, silk, dress, with a silver parka over top of it. Leah looked over to see Kalley with some of her cabin mates at the Apollo table.

"Welcome young maidens" the haired girl started "I am Artemis, Goddess of the hunt."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 200 27
Brianna finds out that her dad is a Roman God and then her world is thrown into chaos, quite literally. Can Brianna and her new found friends save th...
56 8 11
๐™๐™š๐™ก๐™š๐™–๐™จ๐™š๐™™ ๐™š๐™ซ๐™š๐™ง๐™ฎ ๐™จ๐™š๐™˜๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™๐™ง๐™ž๐™™๐™–๐™ฎ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ข๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™. Loss of faith, loss of home, loss of family, losing each of these thing...
277 23 24
Cynthia Renรฉe didn't know what to expect when she and her family moved out to a remote town in Washington. She definitely didn't envision that she is...