FLAMES

Par DivineInkWell

In the halls of The Almighty School in London, picture a diverse group. There's a Muslim girl, recently arriv... Plus

WRITER'S NOTE
MEET THE CHARACTERS
PROLOGUE.
EPISODE ONE 1:HER NEW LIFE.
EPISODE TWO 2:KINGS AND QUEENS HIGH.
EPISODE THREE 3:BEGINNINGS
EPISODE FOUR 4 : CONNECTIONS
EPISODE FIVE 5:ENTANGLED
EPISODE SIX:BODY SHAMING
EPISODE SEVEN:EQUIPMENTS
EPISODE EIGHT 8:CAMPING
EPISODE NINE 9:TWILIGHT
EPISODE ELEVEN 11 :AWAKENING
EPISODE TWELVE : REVELATIONS.
EPISODE THIRTEEN 13:SICO
EPISODE FORTEEN 14 :REVELATIONS
EPISODE FIFTEEN 15:JAY!!!
NEW CHARACTERS ALERT !!!
EPISODE SIXTEEN 16:FEELINGS
COVER AND TITLE CHANGE.
EPISODE SEVENTEEN 17: FINALLY
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN 18:OUTCAST

EPISODE TEN 10: STIRRED.

64 17 1
Par DivineInkWell

I woke around dawn, this is the only thing I despise about this camping trip. I haven't really been able to pray on time, I don't blame anyone really, I got out of the tent to spread my sajdah{praying mat} and I was all set to pray.

I said my prayers and started praying, I couldn't observe tahajjud so I just observed two rakas before I prayed the obligatory one.

When I was done I started chanting my adhkars, whenever I pray I feel closer to my Lord though nobody is perfect enough to concentrate fully on salat {prayer}. I got up to feel the environment early in the morning.

As I was walking I felt a very chilly feeling, the mountains were very visible and I couldn't help but admire the work of the Almighty.

My legs kept on taking me deeper into the forest, and I kept on feeling chilly.

I should have brought my cardigan.

But then my eyes caught something magnificent, I saw a real life Pine Marten, I heard this animal is like so rare to see in Scotland, luckily for me I had my camera with me, I kept walking slowly to get a close photo of the animal, I took one then another then another, but then I moved forward and I lost balance, I was about to fall in a huge trench.

I was hoping to fall but I felt a very strong arm around my waist and I didn't fall. Alhamdulillah I quickly said. I regained my balance and then I turned back and my eyes met, these yellowish green eyes, guess who it was, you guessed right if you thought of Mr loner.

"Let go of me" I said, getting his hands on my body.

"Seriously, no thank you for helping me from almost falling into a huge pit, I must say you are really proud,"he said in his overly thick voice, makes me remember the Agbero (Yoruba for bus conductor in Nigeria) back in Nigeria, okay fine I'm exaggerating, but seriously his voice is definitely too thick.

"I didn't think not telling you sorry could ruin your day as bad as this," I said trying to make him furious.

"Anyway, sorry for saving me from a huge pit that I didn't ask for." I said.

"You gotta appreciate woman," he said and his brow arched, in amusement.

"I'm only sympathizing with you for the stress you went through,"I said in epithet.

"You are one girl with an attitude and it will get you nowhere," he said in outrage.

"You better listen and don't ever cross my path ever again and thank you very much my very good Samaritan,"I said in anger and I walked out on him.

Suddenly I felt a tight grip on my arm, as much as it was tight it hurt as hell .

"Let go of my jerkface," I said with my teeth gritted.

"I'm sorry," he said and he let go of my arm. I think he actually meant it, but at that moment I didn't care.

I turned my back and I immediately spotted Ava coming my way.

"Hey where did you go so early in the morning," Ava said with her hair messy whilst yawning.

"Nothing," I just had my morning ruined by an idiot, I said clearly still angry from what happened earlier.

"Let's head back to our tent, I'm still very sleepy," Ava said.

"Ava, look how messy your hair is and you want to go back to bed, can't you just take your time and take care of yourself," I said, ruining her hair more and giggling.

"Oh, spare me, I'm tired and sleepy, I'll take care of my hair later. She said, yawning.

"Ok, let's just head to our tent," I said.

"Oh, finally, she gets me," Ava said like she had won a war.

"You are such a drama Empress," I said.

⏰ One hour thirty minutes later ⏰

We all woke up at about 7:30, we all got out of bed and we had our daily routine.

"Don't forget we are going to the Castle today," Miss Mellisa said as she checked on each and every student. She is a very caring teacher I must say. Someone might see her and think she is our mother.

"I'm now going to call the names of those that will be preparing breakfast," Miss Mellisa said a few minutes after checking on the students.

Hadizah.

Daniel.

Ava.

Jeffrey.

Mal.

Ethan.

"That will be all for now," she said.

I did not seriously get her boyfriend as a partner again, I just hope she doesn't come at me again.

"Looks like we were pitched together again," he said.

At this moment his hair swayed like it would do in those Anime movies like Tanjiro from Demon Slayer, only that it was not as long as Tanjiro's and definitely not wine in colour, it was brown almost burnt orange, got me jealous, why would a boy's hair be that long and how could he look so handsome.

Oh shoot I did not just call him handsome, get a grip of yourself Adunni.

"Hello,"he said, trying to get me back into reality.

"I've been standing here and you've been lost in your own thoughts,"he said.

"I'm sorry, let's just get started,"I said, trying to get out of his hypnotism.

"Ok, I think you should be able to deal with the onions," he said smiling.

"Ok, I'll deal with it," I said, picking up a knife.

"That's good,"he said.

He shared the duties like a true leader, turns out he wasn't a spoilt brat like some of the students.

I kept on cutting the onions, like I was instructed to do. Then I saw a housefly on my finger and I guess my medulla did not work at that moment and I hit myself with a knife.

"Shoot, I'm bleeding,"I said.

Ya Allah (God) I said and the next thing I blacked out.

************************************

I tried to open my eyes but it felt like I haven't opened them in days. I squinted them and I could feel the ray of sunlight through piercing them. I finally had the liberty to open them.

"She is awake," someone shouted and the voice sounded familiar. My brain ended up calculating and deliberating on who it was.

"Ava, what happened," I said, trying to get up. I touched my head and I realized my hijab was already turned into a turban.

"Hey relax, don't stress yourself too much," she said, trying to help me up.

"What happened," I said, feeling numb on my right index finger.

"Oww," I writhed in pain.

"You still haven't answered my question," I said.

Immediately, Miss Mellisa and Ethan came in.

"Are you Ok," Miss Mellisa asked.

"I'm good, it's not that bad and I still don't know how I got here,"I said.

"Apparently you fainted and Ethan carried you back to your tent and Miss Mellisa took care of you,"Ava said.

"Thank you so much, Miss Mellisa and Ethan, it means a lot," I said.

"It's nothing, it's my job as a teacher to take care of my students,"Miss Mellisa said with the brightest smile ever.

"Do you perhaps know what caused your passing out," Ethan asked in anticipation for me to answer.

"An incident happened to me when I was younger. Since then, I would either have a panic attack or pass out whenever I see blood," I said and I felt like a heavy load was lifted off my chest.

"I'll leave now. I need to assign those who are going to make lunch to their duties," Miss Mellisa said, setting to leave.

"What do you mean lunch, we are still going to the Castle right," I said hoping she would say yes.

"The time is 2:00pm, we can't go any longer because you passed out and I couldn't leave you with the security so we all had to stay, so we will be going tomorrow," she said.

"Oh my God, I can't believe I ruined the trip for everybody. They are all probably going to hate me forever,"I said.

"No, Hadizah, you did not ruin the trip for anybody, it was something you couldn't control, so it is not your fault," Miss Mellisa said.

"Anyway, we are going to be playing scavenger hunt, which was supposed to be for tomorrow," so there is a choice, she said smiling.

"Thank you so much," I said, trying to force a smile.

"It's nothing Hadizah, if you can't come for the game you should just stay in your tent and I'll ask Ethan or Ava to bring your food," she said.

"Ok, I'm definitely coming for a scavenger hunt, I'll just get ready and I'll be right out," I said.

It was then I realized I was still in a turban and I got very uncomfortable because Ethan was still in my tent.

"I think I should leave also," Ethan said, getting ready to leave.

I drew the end of his shirt.

"Thank you," I said.

"It's no problem Dee," he said.

How can he be such a gentleman?

"I'll leave now," he said.

"Bye," I said waving

"Bye,"he said, waving back.

"You guys are definitely a perfect match," Ava squilled.

"Stop shouting, he might hear you and how many times do I have to keep telling you that he has a girlfriend," I said.

"Did you see how cute he was when he carried you in the bridal style, it was so romantic," Ava said like a little girl that had just finished reading a fantasy book.

"Ava, I like the way you keep putting me in a high position with the hottest boy in school, I like it but trust me, we can never ever ever happen," I said.

"I still can't wait to tell you I told you so," she said.

"Ava let's get ready for the game," I said, shoving her out of my tent.

When we got out I felt all eyes on me, the stares pierced through me like a thousand daggers.

Since some of them thought of me like a terrorist and now the terrorist kept them from going to the Castle. They are all probably going to hate me forever.

Now the students have started murmuring between themselves. We all had lunch and the game was about to begin.

"So we have hidden different flags on the most secretive areas, the earlier you come with the boxes determines the rank you will be put in this is also going to add to your GPA," Miss Mellisa said.

"Do you understand," she said.

"Yes ma'am,"everyone chorused in a loud voice.

"Freddy.

Ethan.

Michael.

Mally.

Ryan.

You are on the same team.

Ashley.

Ava.

Dylan.

Mal.

Daniel.

You are on the same team.

Primrose.

Hadizah.

Capriana.

Maya.

Juliet.

You are on the same team," Miss Mellisa said.

Why, why me, what is it with me getting hooked with this girl, I know she dislikes me and now we are on the same freaking team.

"Now, disperse and let the games begin," Miss Mellisa said.

Move out of the way fucker, Maya said to me.

Oops, Rose said intentionally hitting me with her shoulder.

I tried to talk but then I remembered a verse of the holy Quran that states that Allah has a special Jannah for those who are perseverant in their lives.

"I think we should spread out and look for the flag. It's better if we split up and don't forget our team colour is blue," Capri said.

"Ok," I said.

After a long time of searching I finally found the flag.

"Hey look I found a flag," I said hoping that they would be happy about it. But then Juliet pushed over to the side as I was about to grab the flag.

"Hey what was that for,"? I asked.

"Ooops sorry about that," she said with a smirk on her face.

I looked up and that was when I realized that she and Rose were in cahoots.

"And that's for trying steal my boyfriend, from me you fucker," she said.

I could feel the sting of unshed tears in my eyes. My whole life has been screwed up and upside down ever since I got to this school and country. I just want to go back home already. I curled my knee up and I cried my eyes out.

"Hey are you Ok," I heard a voice.

WRITER'S NOTE.
I haven't updated in a while I just did not feel the vibe of writing for a while.
So don't you think the book is getting more spicier.
Watch out there is more coming.
Who do you think was that.
Lets find out in the next chapter.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

999 109 38
"He was charming, sexy, and toxic in every way, but my God was he one of the best damn things I ever called mine," C. HO Another year, same drama... ...
24K 3.5K 41
~~~~(Mature)~~~~ "We're worlds apart..." "But I'm right here." "I'm far, farrrrrrrrrr far beneath your class..." "And so? I don't care." He shrugged...
122K 11.4K 40
Destined for each other yet unsure of each other's motives, Sultana is arranged to get married to save her father's business and reputation. They wer...
33K 9.3K 55
Demi wanted to be away from all the demons in high school as soon as possible till he met her... Oluwademilade Oriladewa is the finest of them all wi...