THREE SHADES OF LOVE

By SanchaitaRoyChowdhur

Mriganka and Saranya have been close friends since childhood. Saranya has cherished a deep affection for Mrig... More

THREE SHADES OF LOVE

THREE SHADES OF LOVE (Part - 1)

13 2 3
By SanchaitaRoyChowdhur

Three Shades of Love Story
Part - 1
Sanchaita Roy Chowdhury

Today was a very important day at Bhawanipur High School because it was the school's Final Sports Day. On this occasion, the school gate remained open throughout the day. Every year, this school organizes a grand sports final. The preparations for the sports day were in full swing. Students from different classes were running inside the school premises. The school's microphone announced a 150-meter race competition involving the school's teacher, which named the closest and dearest friend of Saranya, Mrigank Chaudhary.

Mrigank Chaudhary and Saranya Sanyal were very good friends. They had enjoyed each other's company since childhood. Growing up together, studying together, facing challenges - they had done everything together. Both of them studied in the same school and lived close to each other's homes. Mrigank's father was a close friend of Saranya's father. They were childhood friends. Mrigank was only a year older than Saranya. But observing them, it was hard to tell. Their friendship was no secret to anyone at the school. Seeing Saranya, their two friends, Anima and Surya, said, "Where were you for so long?"

Panting, Saranya replied, "Oh, stop asking, I got delayed leaving home today. I thought the school gate for the Final Sports Day was still closed."

Anima and Surya asked, "Who do you think will win?"

Struggling to catch her breath, Saranya said in a sentence, "It's Mrigank again."

Surya asked, "Are you sure?"

Saranya confidently said, "Absolutely sure."

Surya remarked, "You seem more confident about Mrigank than yourself."

Anima stated, "I'm telling you, Mrigank won't win."

Saranya emphatically said, "I'm saying he will win, that's it."

Anima replied, "Okay, let's make a bet. If Mrigank wins, I'll treat you to ten rupees' worth of street food. And if he doesn't, you'll treat me."

Saranya agreed, "Alright, that's how it'll be."

Mrigank indeed emerged victorious in the 150-meter race competition.

Mrigank Chaudhary excelled in everything. His academics were excellent, and so was his performance in sports. Moreover, he was a very calm and composed person, quite different from the usual hotheaded teenagers. It was rare to find someone as cool-headed as him at this age. There was a serene aura on his face, which conveyed a sense of mental contentment. If anyone were considered the best student in the school, it was Mrigank Chaudhary. He was sixteen, had an average appearance, fair complexion, quite tall, and not very talkative. All the teachers at the school loved and cared for him.

On the other hand, Saranya Sanyal was short, had a dusky complexion, not very tall, but she was a package of all the frustrations and ego, which all found its way towards Mrigank.

After the sports event, Saranya went up to Mrigank and said, "You ran splendidly today! Splendid! If you keep running like this, one day you'll leave even Usain Bolt behind."

Anima casually said, "I don't find it impressive."

Mrigank chuckled softly, "Why? What happened to you?"

Anima replied, "Because of you, I'll lose money today."

Mrigank, puzzled, asked, "Because of me?"

Anima explained, "Yes, as per your win."

Surya interjected, "Oh, they were both betting on a ten-rupee street food treat. Anima said you wouldn't win, and Saranya said you would. Saranya won, meaning Anima lost. So, Saranya has to treat her."

However, now Anima laughed and said, "Oh, I don't have that much money."

Saranya added, "Whenever she was about to lose, why was she betting then? That's why I'm telling you to trust me a little."

Mrigank said, "How many of us are here? One, two, three, four. Four, right?"

Surya affirmed, "Yes."

Saranya looked at Mrigank and asked, "How much money do you have?"

Mrigank replied, "Thirty rupees."

Saranya, with a smile, said, "Okay, problem solved. Today, Mrigank will treat."

Anima cheered up, laughing.

Mrigank, not understanding, asked, "What did I do? I didn't do anything. So, why should I pay your money?"

From the side, Surya commented, "They both were trying to win a ten-rupee bet. Anima said you wouldn't win, and Saranya said you would. You won, meaning Anima lost. So, Saranya has to treat her. That's the simple matter here. But brother, one thing I can't say for sure is Saranya's immense confidence in you. But you, right from the start, said you would win."

Anima then said, "Oh, I don't have that much money."

Saranya replied, "No, sometimes there's no money. That's why I'm asking you to trust me a little. Alright, I see the matter now."

Saranya continued, "How many of us are here? One, two, three, four. There are four, right?"

Surya confirmed, "Yes."

Saranya looked at Mrigank and asked, "How much money do you have?"

Mrigank replied, "Thirty rupees."

Saranya, with a grin, said, "Well then, problem solved. Today, Mrigank will treat."

Anima burst into laughter.

"Mriganka said, "What? Why me? I mean, why should I eat? You two have played the flute. According to the calculation, it's you who should eat. Why are you forcing me?"

Saranya replied, "Oh come on, you have to be teased. Because we played the flute for you."

Not understanding anything, Mriganka said, "I can't understand."

Saranya, placing her hand on Mriganka's shoulder, said, "Oh come on, I understand. You won, so it's your joy, isn't it?"

Mriganka replied, "Yes."

Saranya said, "Fine, that settles it. You'll treat us in joy. Besides, we've stood in the rain for you and ended up with sore throats. Please, it's today."

Mriganka said, "What kind of conversation is this?"

Saranya said, "Yes, you'll treat us, that's it. This is the last thing I'll ask for, please!"

Mriganka replied, "I've been hearing this since childhood. I don't believe it anymore."

This time, Saranya became unbearable and said, 'You'll eat fuchka, I know nothing else.' Saying this, she placed her hands on his shoulders.

All these mischievous antics were aimed only at Mriganka. Saranya knows that in this world, only one person can understand her and fulfill these little antics, and that's Mriganka.

Mriganka agreed to get rid of all these antics for his only old and beloved friend. In his opinion, if one has to be a friend, it should be like Saranya.

Mriganka said, "Fine, it will be so. But I won't eat. I don't eat fuchka."

Saranya said, "Listen, if you don't eat fuchka, you won't grow up."

Mriganka said, "I don't want to grow up, but that's fine. But yes, I won't be able to afford expensive food.'

Saranya said, "Alright, alright, if you eat fuchka for five rupees, that'll do."

Anima said, 'Just five rupees?"

Surya replied, "Yes."

Anima said, "If you eat fuchka for five rupees, it'll end up in a moment. You can't determine when it started or when it ended."

Surya said, "Let's not dwell on it. If you don't feel like eating, let's go."

Anima said, "No, I'm leaving."

Mriganka said, "Okay, let's go."

All of Saranya's talks were just for Mriganka, Anima, and Surya to have fuchka.

In a small lane in Bhawanipur, between their two houses, poverty's imprint is not seen. They share things between their two houses if there's something good. Saranya's father has a small grocery store. Mriganka's father has a small poultry business, which, with much difficulty, manages their household expenses. However, Saranya's father Souhardya Choudhury, and Mriganka's father Samir Sanyal, are very popular friends. Naturally, their wives have also become very good friends. They have divided all the joys and sorrows, happiness and sadness, between their two families. They stand by each other in times of trouble and distress. An extraordinary bond of good relationship has developed between their two families.

The next day, when they went to school, they came to know that the tenth-grade exams were about to start soon. Saranya's worry about her studies has started to bother her a lot. She isn't very good at studying. She starts chanting Ram's name when the exams approach.

She said to Mriganka, "I'm telling you, Mriganka, how's your exam preparation? I feel like I'll fail the exam."

Mriganka replied, "I'll give you a list of suggestions, you should check that out. By the way, I always see you on your phone."

Saranya, tapping Mriganka's wrist with her left hand, said in a playful manner, 'Stop giving me too much knowledge. I'm going crazy listening to this at home. Now, you've started again.'

Mriganka quietly digested Saranya's taunt.

Saranya said, "And this... I won't sit down to study, got it? I get sleepy as soon as I sit down. What will I do with sleep? Why do I become like this? What will I do, tell me?"

Mriganka chuckled at her words.

After a few weeks, when the test results were announced, as usual, Mriganka became the first place holder again, and Saranya somehow managed to pass.

To be continued...

(If there's any mistake, pls merge it.I requested to stay along with the story. After reading the story, please let me know how you find it.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.1K 815 19
Like every other Indian teenager with strict parents, Divya's love life is a mess, not because she can't date but because she has shitty taste in men...
64.9K 5.6K 15
⋆𝐀 π‡π’π π‘π¬πœπ‘π¨π¨π₯ π‘π¨π¦πšπ§πœπž 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐀⋆ ⋆𓍯𓂃α₯«α­‘. #Book 2 of INNOCENT CRUSHES Series "I think I...
28.4K 2.2K 23
||BOOK TWO IN FOREVER SERIESβ™‘|| β€’Stand-aloneβ€’ β–ͺ️A cute and simple love storyβ–ͺ️ Love became a foreign feeling for Aranya when she lost her brother and...
92.8K 5.3K 43
Cover credits goes to @VarunsDesiGirl ~under editing #160 in bestfriends on 23/9/18 #1 in Varun Dhawan on 2/7/19 #98 in lovetriangle on 23/9/18 #169...