possession of the presidentโ€ขc...

By rileyowrites

๐‡๐„ ๐ˆ๐’ ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐‚๐‘๐”๐„๐‹ ๐๐‘๐„๐’๐ˆ๐ƒ๐„๐๐“, ๐๐”๐“ ๐‡๐„ ๐ˆ๐’ ๐ˆ๐‘๐‘๐„๐’๐ˆ๐’๐“๐ˆ๐๐‹๐„ IN WHICH, a certain... More

posession of the president
1|the reaping
2|beauty in the capitol
3|death by trident
4|treasure of her district
5|becoming a killer
6|roses and fishing
7|career exile
8|a lone victor
10|the celebration of death
11|snow's obsession
12|covered in white
13|the capitol's victor
14|cursed lips
15|empty heart
16|fear forces respect
17|pieces of the past
18|sign the contract
19|control over his victor
20|all yours
21|stuck within the capitol walls
22|twisted love
23|unforgiveable wound
24|two ends of the contract
25|gamemaker
26|back in the games
27|unshackled
28|runaway bride

9|falling into the president's hands

4.5K 164 7
By rileyowrites

PEARL WAS LEFT SPEECHLESS AS SHE LOCKED EYES WITH MAGS FOR THE FIRST TIME. It was hard to believe that she was the victor of the 15th Hunger Games.

She felt different and unlike herself. When she looked down at her hands, all she could see was red. She was a killer now. She stabbed Dane in the heart and truly stabbed herself too.

When Pearl looked up at the sky, she saw Opal. She saw the District 12 girl with her beautiful curls and smile. They were taken away and erased from existence by the Capitol.

Pearl was a victor- but at what cost?

Ever since she was reaped, she had dreamed of this moment. She dreamed of being let out of the arena and going savage. She planned to attack Snow with every last ounce of adrenaline in her body.

Everything felt different knowing that she was going to really met Snow in about an hour. She felt nervous and sick to her stomach.

Being sent into that arena had changed everything. She was no longer the innocent Pearl Bazin.

Pearl feared Snow even more now. She had insulted him so much in that arena that he must repulse her. That rose in the arena was from him, and so was the heated suit.

Tigris had told her that Snow specifically wanted her to be a stylist for Pearl. Snow knows of Pearl's existence now, and he knows what she has done to possibly spark a rebellion.

Pearl tracked back to reality as she approached Mags. Mags hugged her tightly and Pearl breathed in her sweet ocean scent.

"You did it," Mags whispered.

"I did it," Pearl repeated, trying to stay calm.

Mags looked at her teary forest eyes. She had been through all of this four years ago. She knew what pain Pearl was having and exactly the crisis she was going through.

"You're ok, Pearl."

The next person she saw was Tigris, who was delighted to see her. Something was off about her stylist though. Tigris seemed worried for her, even though Pearl had finally earned her safety.

"I am... I'm so grateful that you made it out of those games alive."

Pearl smiled, seeing that Tigris was still in elegant fashion. She held on tightly to her pearl pendant that had gotten dirtier throughout her travels in the arena.

"I still have your necklace, Tigris. I think it was a good luck charm."

Tigris smiled as she motioned for Pearl to sit down in the white styling chair. Pearl sat down as Tigris looked at her in concern.

"I know I've warned you about him before but..."

Tigris was struggling to speak. "Tigris?"

She took a deep breath before speaking again. "Coriolanus isn't happy, Pearl."

Pearl knew this was coming. She didn't expect to be one of his favored victors after all she did and said. "I can't imagine him liking me," she remarked.

"It's not that. He actually... he actually does like you."

Pearl's face turned pale in alarm. Snow couldn't be fond of her, especially not when she hated his guts. "He what?"

"The way Coriolanus talked about you confused me." Tigris looked anxious. "But he said that he  wants to teach you a lesson, Pearl..."

Pearl felt her heartbeat raise. What lesson? She just wanted to disappear. Suddenly, the girl who wanted to publicly execute Snow wanted to disappear into the depths of District 4 and never speak again.

That was one of the final things Tigris had said before Pearl was sent to her interview.

She tried to wave and keep on her confident mask as she walked onto the stage towards Lucky Flickerman. The audience roared, and she made a mental promise not to insult Snow in this interview. She was already terrified of what he would do next.

"Pearl Bazin of District 4, the victor of the 15th annual Hunger Games!"

Pearl took her seat. She still wore a white dress, but this time it resembled a gown more. It was long and wide. A single red rose was hanging from her new necklace. Tigris couldn't have done this on purpose, right?

"Pearl, that was quite an impressive victory. In your first interview, you spoke about being an innocent and pure pearl. What do you think of yourself now?"

Of course Lucky had to cut deep with his questions. Pearl was going to do her best to truthfully answer, while covering up the extremely personal parts.

"I feel like I'm no longer a white pearl. I've been stained red."

The crowd cheered a bit as Lucky made an expression similar to the one he made in his first interview with her. He didn't seem to be bringing up the rebellious side of her, which made Pearl calm down a bit. She didn't need any more trouble at the moment.

"Wow. When you first entered the arena, you didn't hesitate to kill." Lucky looked over at the large screen. "Actually, can we roll the clip?"

Pearl felt like she was going to black out when an image of her came into the giant screen behind her and Lucky. The clip of her shooting her trident towards one of the tributes played. The audience disgustingly cheered extremely loud.

Pearl wasn't sure what to think. How could they cheer for that?

Then there was the clip of her beating her attacker with her trident, with the help of Apollo. God, she missed him.

The crowd cheered once again.

"I did what I had to do to survive," Pearl said a bit quieter than normal."

Lucky nodded in understanding. "A lot of fans were speculating that there was some sort of romance going on between you and Apollo. Is that true?"

Pearl thought about the boy who looked like sunshine until they got into the arena. Him and his tall figure carried so much confidence and humor.

He showed that he was a monster deep down just like the other Careers. But then Pearl was confused again because he was so desperate to redeem himself. The blood in his mouth as he yelled for her would never not haunt her.

There was no romance there. There was just a tiny spark between two tributes that was forced to be put out by the sick Capitol.

"No, there wasn't. When I was in the Career pack, I did find friendship in Apollo though. He was good company..."

That clearly gave Lucky another idea. "The idea of using the Careers to win- genius!"

He leaned forward towards Pearl. "Now tell me Pearl, are you looking forward to returning to your district?"

Pearl felt joyous just at the thought of District 4. The rushing waves, her family, everything... She just hoped that they would still accept her.

"I am, just like any victor would. I miss District 4 dearly."

Lucky nodded and smiled, taking her hand as they stood up like usual. "Pearl Bazin!"

The crowd erupted. "I'll let you get to your crowning!"

Pearl was escorted to somewhere she never expected to be. She was in the place Snow sat at for the beginning of the Hunger Games. She was high up, looking out at the entire Capitol full of citizens waiting for her crowning.

She was forced to sit down on a gigantic throne.

Pearl overlooked the Capitol, knowing that she was about to be face to face with the president she despised most. She just had to force a smile and pretend like she's an obedient citizen. If she just acts normal, she'll be sent home and never have to face him again, except for maybe on her Victory Tour, which she just remembered she had to go on.

The crowd cheered and elegant sounding music began to lightly play. That indicated that the ceremony was starting.

"Here we have Pearl Bazin of District 4, who is the victor of the 15th annual Hunger Games. We come here for her crowning, which will be done by President Snow himself," a voice spoke.

There he was.

Coriolanus Snow stepped into view. He hadn't looked directly at Pearl yet. His hands slowly picked up a golden crown. It was beautiful and shining, but Pearl still didn't want it. She didn't want all of this. She never asked to be in the games or to be a victor of any sorts.

The crown would just be a reminder of those she killed and what she went through. Snow was much taller up close. Even with the calming music, his presence was even more intimidating.

She could only see him from behind. Pearl could see his perfect snowy hair and confident posture. Her heart only began to race when he turned around to face her.

His blue eyes shot into hers like icicles. Snow, the most evil being in all of Panem, was significantly handsome. Pearl felt paralyzed just in his presence. It was because of both his beauty and her fear.

The walk towards her was slow, or perhaps it just felt slow. Snow held her crown in his hands, not breaking eye contact with her once.

His eyes were cruel, but also hungry. The way he looked at her frightened Pearl. A single rose was clipped onto him. As he got closer and closer, she could tell he smelt of roses. The aroma choked her, and she could tell that there was something else. She had smelled it before in the arena. Blood.

Pearl stood up as Snow inspected every last inch of her. Her hair was let down and done nicely and everything about her face looked perfect. The Capitol hid the scars that she had received in the games. It was both literal and also mental.

Her face was so close to Snow's that she could feel his breath on her, and she could smell nothing but roses.

Snow gently placed the crown on her head as the crowd cheered in the background. She couldn't see the people of the Capitol or even hear them properly.

Everything was out of focus, except for President Snow.

"Congratulations." Snow spoke blankly but he was also hypnotizing.

"Thank you."

Pearl was caught off guard when Snow delicately brushed her hair out of the way. His hand moved down to her rose necklace. It lingered there for a moment, feeling the smoothness of it.

"What a lovely necklace."

"Tigris gave it to me."

Snow knew the sound of his cousin's name. "She designed you perfectly."

He looked her up and down, and Pearl felt a tingling all throughout her body. It was butterflies with a sense of uneasiness.

Snow was beginning to slightly smirk and that's when Pearl really wanted to escape him. She didn't know what was coming next or what was going on his head. Her mind told her to run, but she was physically frozen in place.

"I'm not done with you, sweet Pearl," he said in a low whisper.

No one else heard him but Pearl. Shivers echoed through her entire body and she felt herself break down inside. She had no idea what Snow meant, but it didn't sound good at all. She was terrified for her life and for her return to District 4.

Snow walked away as if nothing had happened and the crowd cheered again.

Pearl wasn't safe from the games or President Snow after all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

413K 8.6K 112
โ€ข pre-hunger games -> post-mockingjay pt 2 โ€ข Finnick Odair X female OC โ€ขI edit as I post the chapters (if I can be bothered) A story in which two...
231K 5.3K 34
"He had the face like a painting." From district 12, Whiskey Everdeen, or the 'lovebird' as Flickerman likes to tease, ends up with Coriolanus snow...
151K 3.7K 24
๐š๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐š๐๐ž ๐๐ข๐๐ง'๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ค ๐ฌ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐š ๐ฉ๐ž๐š๐œ๐ž๐ค๐ž๐ž๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ Coriolanus Snow is...
43.5K 797 25
Two district 4 citizens trying to survive in Panem as victors with an unspoken love dwindling between them. She tries her best to not let her love fo...