His Other Half

By DamnGina

I opened the door only to see dozens of police cars in front of the house and that terrifying black truck. I... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Voting Closed!!!
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-one
Twenty-two
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
Twenty-five
Twenty-six
Twenty -seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-one
Thirty-two
Thirty-three
Thirty-four
Thirty-five
Thirty-six
Thirty-seven
Thirty-eight
Thirty-nine
Forty
Forty-one
Forty-two
Forty-three
Forty-four
Forty-five
Forty-six
Forty-seven
Forty-eight
Forty-nine
Fifty
Fifty-one
Fifty-two
Fifty-three
Fifty-four
Fifty-five
Fifty-six
Fifty-seven
Fifty-eight
Fifty-nine
Sixty
Sixty-one
Sixty-two
Sixty-three
Sixty-four
Sixty-five
Sixty-six
Sixty-seven
Sixty-eight
Sixty-nine
Seventy
Seventy-one
Seventy-two
Seventy-three
Seventy-four
Seventy-five
Seventy-six
Seventy-seven
Seventy-eight
Seventy-nine
Eighty
Eighty-one
Eighty-two
Eighty-three
Eighty-Five

Eighty-four

473 27 29
By DamnGina

Pablo

"This was not a good idea." "Why not? I find it rather funny." Ares said. "Her mother hates us." Malik reminded him. "Who cares what she thinks? Now her dad and her twin. Their opinions I'd be concerned about." "Her brother hates you." Ares scoffed. "Still?"

"Why did she invite our parents?" I asked. "I didn't. There must've been a mix-up somewhere." We turned to see our pouting mate and smiling son. "Stop frowning. Remember you are the queen. All of these guards will gladly deal with any unruly family." Malik said. She nodded before looking at Nasir when the overwhelming desire to play catch hit me.

Ares chuckled. "Was that his emotion or yours?" "His. My sweet pea is getting so big. He can project the tiniest bit of his emotions to you now." She said pressing her cheek against his. "Threatening to toss your grandparents across the room is not very sweet," Malik said. "I like it." Ares smiled. Nasir looked up at us poking his bottom lip out. I took him into my arms. "You're fine," I said kissing his cheek. "Hello." I smiled.

"Mom." Malik and I both said kissing her cheek affectionately. "Mother." Ares nodded his head. She smiled at him. "It's so good to see you three. Although I'm a little confused about what is going on." "We'll explain everything over lunch," Malik assured her. She smiled once more before turning her attention to Nasir.

"He looks so much like Malik," Malik smirked. Mom looked at Ares before saying. "I wanted to ask this earlier, your face—you look so much like—," "Granddad. I chose this face based on your side of the family." She looked as if she wanted to say more but decided against that.

"Well, we're all here. Get on with it." Our father barked. Ares and Malik both grabbed Ahsha while I turned Nasir away upon seeing gold pool within his eyes. "No," I said to him. "We're not going to hurt the old man. Not right now at least." As if truly understanding what I said he pouted.

I chuckled. "I'm not going to touch him." "That's not helping your case," Malik said. "As much as I'd love for you to surprise us we're supposed to be helping your brother. And as you put it getting to know Gabriela and Marius." Ares said. Malik cupped her face and stared at her before she laughed. "Fine." She said turning back to our family. Malik and Ares stood behind her protectively.

"To be completely honest this was not supposed to be a family lunch, but I'm happy to see most of you." She said. "With the hearing being a few weeks ago, I wanted to give us some time to discuss any issues or opinions I'm sure you have. While also getting to know each other. However, watch how you speak to me and my mates. I have a very, and I do mean very low patience for some of you. I will do my best to be respectful in return and as honest as I can be." She specified looking at Rafi.

==

"Where did our dad go?" Nuri asked. We were all seated at a long table when she asked her question. "He has been banished. Which simply means he lives life in the forgotten place, where life and death meet. He can't pass on and he can't come back—not without some assistance, he's stuck."

"And you sent him there because he killed your dad and almost killed Isa?" Ahsha nodded her head. "Yes." Nuri then looked at Bastien. "So does that mean you're our dad now? Like how our dad became their dad." Bastien glanced at Isaac and Ahsha with sympathy in his eyes.

"If that is what you want I will be. I'm not here to force any title on you. If you'd prefer I be Bastien then that's okay too." Isaac looked away and Ahsha glanced up, so I grabbed her hand bringing it to my lips. She looked at me and gave me a soft smile.

"I've heard stories about you, and I've seen videos. I know Ahsha and Isa love you very much and think you're an amazing dad, but I'm not ready to call you that." Bastien nodded his head. "And that's fine. You can call me Bastien or Bas, whichever you're comfortable with." Nuri gave him a small smile and a nod.

"Are you going to forgive mom?" Nuri asked Ahsha. "I've forgiven her." "Then why don't you talk to her?" Nuri continued. "Forgiveness doesn't mean I have to speak to her." Ahsha paused reeling in the attitude that had seeped into her words.

"I'm figuring out if I want her in my life. She is our mother and I care about her for that reason but even she admitted she was crappy at her job. I know she's sorry and as I said I've forgiven her but that doesn't just wipe clean the damage that was done. Her actions taught me that ultimately I didn't need her in my life and if I'm honest I don't. I'm sorry if that's not the answer either of you wanted but it's where I am." she explained. "But time and feelings can change."

Nuri and her mom nodded their heads. "That was very sweet," Rafi said mockingly. "But let's discuss how you ripped my family apart, huh? You took my title, killed my mother, stole my mate, and turned my sons against me." Ahsha sat quietly staring at him as he went on a tangent. "Your mother was not a good woman,"

The room went dead silent. The sounds of silverware tapping and food being passed around stopped. "Your mother tried to force your father into loving her. Then when it didn't work she abandoned him. She abandoned her mate and her first child. And even after all the back and forth she went back to her mate and left you." Ahsha snapped.

"Your mom was a selfish old woman who took everything but lost nothing. I just made it fair. You can't just go around playing with people's lives like she did. She hurt her mate, her daughter, her eldest son, her grandsons, and her husband, and for what? To be Queen. To wear a heavy and quite frankly uncomfortable crown." She spoke.

"You lost your mate because you were a piss poor excuse of a man and husband. Your mother isn't dead she's paying for all the havoc she caused. I didn't turn your sons against you either. You being a shitty father, a horrible teacher, and undeserving of your position is what turned your sons against you. And get your facts straight. I didn't take your title even though I could've. I showed you grace. I showed you mercy because how you've behaved I should have your head." She barked flames shooting out of her eyes.

The Oyeyemi guards got defensive at the sight of their Queen. Ares grabbed her arm and her eyes simmered. "So don't come at me talking about I ripped your family apart because I didn't. I'm the one who's cleaning all this shit up. I shouldn't have to but I'm doing my best to fix all of this, so don't test me." She said as she sat back down. The silence—the tension left in the air had everyone scared to speak. 

"You—you said you never give me a title in the Oyeyemi family." Veronica stammered out. Ahsha groaned and rolled her eyes dramatically. "I did." "Does that mean I won't be accepted into the Oyeyemi?"

"No. There is an oath and a traditional ceremony that has to take place followed by an initiation where you're introduced to the people. If the people don't deem you worthy they will shun you which will void your admittance into the Oyeyemi. However just because you're with Isa doesn't mean you have to be initiated into the Oyeyemi. You can be in the Ahmad family and mated to him." Ahsha explained.

"Your mates were inducted in." "I'm the Queen and they are the Kings, so are you implying that we're on the same level." Ahsha's head turned slowly, and Isaac stepped in.

"You know that's not what she meant. You know as well as I that all mates of high-ranking Oyeyemi members have to be inducted in." Malik, Ares, and I all glanced at each other. Ahsha hadn't told us that. "Just because that was the past standard doesn't mean it will be the current standard."

"I want to show you and the rest of the Oyeyemi I'm committed." Veronica declared. "You said you'd try," Isaac said. Ahsha looked at her twin. "Actually you know what, no." She said. "What?" Isaac questioned.

"I won't disrespect her, but I'm done. Both of you keep picking and picking. Asking for more and more and because you're my brother I've tried to accommodate but it's starting to feel like you're abusing our relationship. You don't see my mates constantly pushing and annoying you. And I'm not asking you to put yourself in uncomfortable positions, so stop asking me to do it. I don't like her, and she's burned that bridge, but I won't disrespect her so back off." She snapped.

Isaac stared at her speechless. "Anyone else have something to ask?" Ahsha asked. "Am I an Oyeyemi also?" Mia asked. Ahsha's eyes drifted to her mother.

"No, you're Dad's mate. He would have to mark you again because as it stands you're still A—your ex's mate. Once he does mark you and you decide you want to be an Oyeyemi you have to follow the steps, the same rules apply."

"And your brother and sister? Same rules also besides the marking of course." Ahsha nodded her head. Silence filled the space once again. "I have a question," Marius said staring at Ahsha who flinched almost, putting on a strained smile. "Go on." She croaked. Marius's eyes scanned over her once more as a bright blue flashed in his eyes before turning to Rafi.

"It's for Rafi." He added. Ahsha nodded looking at Rafi. "Do you really not see what your mom did as wrong?" Rafi's face twisted into a scowl, and I rolled my eyes. "She may not have been perfect but—,"

"She hurt your children." Gabriela interrupted. Rafi looked at us and then at her. "That alone should be enough, but she didn't stop there. She abandoned you also and I'm sure you're hurt. Truthfully I know you are. Not only because she abandoned me as well but one of my powers is feeling other's emotions." Gabriela said.

"For example, Mia is very saddened to hear that Ahsha doesn't want a relationship with her. Isa or Isaac, I'm not sure what you prefer. He's conflicted about his relationships with Veronica, Camryn, and Ahsha."

Gabriela looked at Rafi. "And you feel unbelievably betrayed and hurt, not only for yourself but for your sons and your wife. You hate yourself for not seeing your sons struggle while also causing your wife and mate to hate you. And—," She paused.

"You're scared that you've messed up too much to find any redemption, but you'd be surprised at what a little effort and an apology could do." Ares, Malik, and I glanced at each other before Gabriela looked at Ares.

"Your brothers really have forgiven you." Ares looked at us. "Malik, Ahsha doesn't see you as weak, quite the opposite. Pablo—," She took a minute. "You are not her forgotten mate. You are more important to Ahsha than you even realize." Gabriela looked at Ahsha.

"Oh lord," Ahsha muttered which made Gabriela laugh. "Ahsha is completely and utterly in love with you three. And I don't mean because you're her mates. Ahsha the woman—the human I should say, is in love with you." My brothers and I looked down at Ahsha, as she covered her mouth laughing. "Well don't stare at me." She said.

"I'm happy to be a part of such a broadly diverse family. With all these intricately interwoven backgrounds. The energy is a bit scattered, but the overwhelming consensus that I feel is love for each other." Gabriela finished.

"Can you read them?" Isaac asked motioning to his mates. Gabriela looked at them. "Veronica is scared she'll lose you to Camryn. She's terrified that if your sister can't forgive her there's no hope for the two of either. While Camryn—she really just wants to hit, no slap her. And she really doesn't want to lose you Isaac, but Camryn doesn't want anything to do with Veronica or your relationship with her."

Camryn looked at Isaac nodding her head. "She's right. I want a relationship with you but there will be no intertwining of our lives. Your relationship and life with her is stays over there and the life and relationship you have with me is for us." "And our future kids?" Isaac asked. "They will know their siblings. I would never hinder that relationship."

As they hashed out their things I noticed Ahsha's increasing annoyance.

Ahsha

I wasn't sure what was going on, but my head was pounding as I tried to listen to Isa, Camryn, and Veronica discuss their issues, again. "You okay?" Pablo whispered. "I've reached my limit," I said out loud not attempting to hide my contempt. "Limit for what?" Isa asked.

"This entire situation. I don't get what we're arguing about." He looked at me confused. "I mean what Camryn is asking is a simple compromise. You have your life with Veronica and then you have it with Camryn. They don't need to be friends or spend any extra time together. So what are we really fighting about?" I asked.

Camryn looked at Isa and Veronica. "What she's asking for won't work?" Veronica spoke. "Why not?" "He can't split his time between two homes, two families. It's not possible." She countered. "Yes, it is. You can get a house and build a second one on the property and the divider would be the backyard. Get a compound and divide it up. A duplex even. There are ways you're just trying to get your way instead of compromising." I sighed.

Isa looked at me. "Neither of you are taking Camryn into account. She was the one wronged in this situation. She's the new person joining this stupidity and yet she's still willing to compromise." I sighed rubbing my temple before Nasir reached out to me.

I smiled taking him into my arms. "You either trust Isaac or you don't. He's already told you he wants you and you're still letting fear hinder this whole situation. Do you trust him?" I asked. "I—yes, I do." She stammered.

"Trusting him means allowing him time and space to get to know Camryn with or without you there. Trusting him, means you understand at some point they will mate. There will be events, times, and situations that are only for them and vice versa. Can you accept that he will have a life with her that does not fully include you?" "Not fully including me means what exactly?" Veronica asked.

"Well, we're here let's talk about it. How involved or not involved do you three want each other to be?" I asked. "I want all Oyeyemi holidays," Camryn said. Isa nodded agreeing. "Any future children I'm okay with them having a relationship, but she cannot discipline my kids and I won't hers." She continued. "What about family events?" Veronica looked at me and then my mom.

"Such as?" "Parties or events put together by you or your mom. Am I going to be included?" My mom sighed and my attention went back to my little one. "Mama—," "She can come. I respect that she is your mate and mother of your child." Mom said. "Ahsha?"

"Any formal event that requires Isa to have his mates present you're invited. Private birthday parties not so much. I've accommodated this situation more than enough and I'm over it." I paused as my baby reached out for my cheek. "I've already said I can be in the same space as her with no problem. But there is no relationship. You're not a sister-in-law or even a friend. You are my brother's mate, that's all. That's all I got." I smiled playing with Nasi.

"If that's all, I have something else to discuss." I scanned the table before nodding my head. "Perfect. So as Veronica mentioned earlier Malik, Ares, and Pablo were initiated into the Oyeyemi. And with baby boy's introduction to the world, I'm planning a joint celebration. Because I'm sure you three would hate to go through all the craziness that's to come more than once."

"You would be correct," Malik said. I chuckled. "Naturally there will be an announcement and invitations will be sent out but with us all here I figured why not mention it." I could feel Ares staring a hole into the side of my face.

I turned cupping his cheek. "Remember what you said last night." He made a face but kissed my cheek. "Only because it's you." I chuckled turning back to the table only to find Marius looking at me. His eyes flashed a bright blue color before Oshun hummed at the sight of him. 'What is it?' I asked her.

'You'll see.' I was unable to hide my face. 'See what? What am I supposed to see?' "What's wrong?" Ares asked. My attention went past Marius. "Denver," I whispered. Marius's eyes widened before he turned around. "Денвер," Marius said. "You can see Денвер?" Gabriela asked looking up at me.

"I don't know who that is, but I can see Denver," I said. "What does that mean?" Malik asked. "It's Russian for Denver," Marius said turning to look at me. My eyes narrowed and I felt pins and needles starting in my feet. "How can you see him?" "I've always been able to see him. He's my child." Marius confessed.

"What is happening?" Isa asked. An electric sensation starting in my toes quickly spread up my legs. I stood, my eyes shifting between Denver and Marius seeing Denver's once golden eyes cool revealing blue eyes. I knew in my gut what this must mean, but for that to be true that would mean—, 'Yes, go on,' Oshun spoke. "No," I said stepping back. "Hell no." "Ahsha you need to calm down," Gabriela said. "Ahsha what's happening? What do you see?" Pablo asked. I shook my head.

Without a word, I left. I needed to speak to my grandmothers. I headed into the house and to a private room. "Nana! Abeba! Marie! Somebody better get down here right now!" I barked. "Ahsha come open the door," Malik yelled. "You bellowed," Marie said.

I spun around seeing Nana and Marie. "I'm tired of the mind games. I want straightforward answers now." "Go on," Marie said. "Who is Marius to me?" They shared a look, and I held my hand up shaking my head. "No, no, don't do that. Talk to me. Who is he?" I asked.

"Your relationship with him is complicated—,"  "Ahsha open this door!" Ares barked. I sighed opening the door. "I need a minute." "Not when it comes to you or our kid," Ares said pushing his way inside followed by Malik and Pablo. I slammed the door spinning to see my grandma. "You said complicated, how so?" "A few miscalculations happened but they have begun to correct themselves," Fate said as she appeared.

"Excuse me? Miscalculations? After all this bullshit a miscalculation was made. Well, unmake it." I snapped. Pablo moved to stand behind me kissing my neck and calming me immediately. "What was the mistake?" Ares asked. "We've been trying to right the wrongs that have happened in your situation. The amount of complications that have arisen from this family has caused wires to be crossed as they say." Fate spoke.

"Uncross them." "Let her explain what happened?" Malik said. "I don't control mates. They show up when they show up. But from Mira changing things to your grandparents not completing the mating process your families have truly been a challenge. Ahsha you were always destined to have multiple mates." I shook my head. "Yes, but four of them," I whispered. "Yes." Fate nodded her head.

"Holy shit," I said. I looked up at my grandmas. "In the eyes of the universe, you have four mates. Malik, Pablo, Ares, and Marius." That tingling sensation had now flooded my body completely as I looked at the boys. Ares looked the most pissed off of the three.

"Ares—," Before I could say anything further he was gone. Pablo headed for the door only to stop and walk back to me. "I'm not mad at you, Ahsha. I just need some air." He kissed my forehead. I nodded my head understanding. "Malik, please—," "I'm not leaving you." He said gently kissing my forehead. I felt her before I saw her.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked as Malik looked at me before turning. "Because you weren't ready then but you are now. Which is why I'm here. We need to speak." I turned looking at Oshun. "I'm tired of being told half the story when it concerns me." "I know that and I'm here to answer your questions." She said holding her hand out. "Trust me, Ahsha." And I did, but before I could move Malik stopped me.

"Hell no. The last time she left she was gone for months." He turned looking at me. "You promised we'd come with you if you left again." "You can come too," Oshun said. I called Isa telling him to bring Nasir before there was a knock on the door. I opened it to see my brother and son standing there.

"Where's Nasir?" Pablo took him. 'He's fine.' Pablo's voice flooded my head. I let out a breath feeling. Isa looked at me worried. "What's going on?" "After I find out I'll let you know," I assured him. He hugged me before glancing behind me and nodding his head. I closed the door turning back to Malik who was holding his hand out. I took his hand before Oshun held her's out as well. 

Follow. Like. Comment. Share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.4M 296K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...
3.8M 158K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...
7.2M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...