Eight ; Lee Jeno

By authorzlc

One mafia group and a mysterious girl. More

00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
Author's Note
20
Author's Note
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49

24

205 9 0
By authorzlc

Third Person's Point of View

Another hallway greeted Jeno, Mark, Eight, and the guard as they stepped out of the elevator. At the end of the hallway was a black door with another golden phoenix logo carved on it.

"Feeling better?" Jeno whispered beside Eight. She nodded and glanced at him with a small smile.

He did not understand why Eight reacted that way with the portrait, at least her smile made Jeno worry less.

As they were walking towards El Señor's office, the elevator behind them suddenly resonated a "ding!" within the floor. This naturally made the four people on the hallway look behind.

The elevator door opened and revealed Lucas and Mia. Members of Genio. This made Mark automatically smile, Jeno was happy too but his usual emotionless face hid what he truly felt. Behind them was a familiar face Jeno and Mark saw during the gathering of Sin Nombre.

But Eight exactly knew who he was.

"He looks familiar." Mark spoke by Eight's right side.

"He was in the gathering." Jeno replied beside Eight too. "He must be the new member of Genio. It seems you won't be alone on your introductory meeting with El Señor." He added with a small smile forming on his face.

The thought of it made Eight calmer. If it was another person who'd be with her in the room, she'd still be nervous, but it was Jaehyun with her. Her best friend.

Eight's eyes stayed on Jaehyun. She wanted to run to him and tell him how she can't stay calm even with the thought of having El Señor in front of her. She wanted to complain and throw a tantrum in front of Jaehyun just like the old times when she doesn't know how to handle her overwhelming emotions.

But she knows she can't.

And she knew she had to stay silent so no one would know that they were related.

Jaehyun's eyes landed on her. His cold and uneasy gaze suddenly softened at Eight's sight. Eight became calmer at Jeno's appearance. It was as if his eyes were telling her that it's okay and that he will be with her.

"Ready, man?" Lucas asked Jaehyun as he gave him a smile.

Jaehyun gave back a smile. "Of course."

Mia, on the other hand, ran towards Eight. Her eyes almost gone due to her big smile. "It's you!"

A small chuckle escaped Eight's mouth. "Hello, Mia." She greeted.

"You guys know each other?" Lucas was now behind Mia, beside him was Jaehyun.

"Yeah, we met each other at the gathering. I gave her a cardigan." Mia said, causing Mark's eyebrows to meet.

"Cardigan?" Asked Mark.

"Yeah, I helped her because she got a huge hand mark bruise from a mission. You guys don't take care of her!" Mia said, annoyed.

"I'm sorry— what?" Mark was confused and his eyes landed on Eight who raised both of her eyebrows as if saying "I'm innocent, don't question me please.".

"I'll explain later." Eight replied and walked towards El Señor's office again.

"Damn, she's got the guts to walk to that room." Lucas said as he watched Eight walk away from the group, the guard following right behind her.

Jeno placed his hands in his pocket as a smirk formed in his lips. "Of course. She's Sueño." Then he followed behind Eight.

Meanwhile, Jaehyun jogged towards Eight and walked beside her.

"Hey. How are you feeling?" Jaehyun asked, his eyes on her.

Bad. I want to throw up. I'm meeting the man who took advantage of me when I was twelve.

Eight thought.

But only "Good." escaped her lips.

"I'm quite nervous to be honest. I don't know what's coming. Lucas and Mia, even the whole group, did not say anything to me." Jaehyun took a deep breath and exhaled.

"You'll do good." Eight quietly replied, almost like a whisper, and gave him a small smile.

"Did Sueño tell you anything that will happen?" Jaehyun asked.

Eight shook her head. "Just that it's different for every member. So, they couldn't really give me an idea."

Jaehyun hummed in response and the two finally reached El Señor's black door. The guard knocked 3 times in a slow manner.

A code.

Eight thought.

It wasn't how a usual person would knock. El Señor must've given then a knocking pattern depending on their position in the house. For the guards, it was 3 slow knocks.

The door suddenly opened my itself.

"Oh, high tech." Jaehyun mumbled beside Eight. She wanted to chuckle beside him. He looked so innocent.

Eight looked behind and saw the 2 members of Sueño and Genio standing 2 feet away from the door. "Aren't you going with us?"

"Old members don't join recruits in initiation meetings. The Señor prefers to meet them personally without the bias of the other members." The guard suddenly spoke, answering the question.

Jaehyun and Eight nodded. Jaehyun stepped inside first. When Eight was about to step inside, a hand grabbed her from behind. She instantly knew who it belonged.

"Jeno, I'm ready." She whispered as she looked back.

"I know. Just be careful and answer honestly. Tell the Señor everything that you told me." Jeno reminded her one last time before he finally let go of her.

Be careful, Eight. Please be careful.

Jeno thought to himself as he watched Eight enter the black door.

A spacious room greeted Jaehyun and Eight when they entered the office. The whole room was painted in black and gold. The golden phoenix was carved in every corner of the room.

They walked in a black carpeted floor. A man was sitting on a golden chair across the room. He was not seen as his chair was facing towards the glass window that revealed the entirety of the city. Behind him was Jaehyun and Eight.

But the two exactly knew who he was.

The only man Eight and Jaehyun condemns every morning, afternoon, and night.

El Señor.

His chair suddenly turned around revealing him and his white and almost-gone hair, his white polo tucked in black trousers. His belt caught Eight's attention. Carved into his belt are three letters.

JTH.

"Do you guys know anything about the new godfather?" Eight asked and pulled out one side of her earphone.

"Nothing. Just that he's a douche who forced 7 year old kids to kill." Jaemin angrily blurted out.

"Well, he goes by JTH. That's all we know." Mark said.

Eight wanted to run to him and slide the knife hidden in her boots on his throat. But she can't as 10 guards with the same golden phoenix logo on their chests were beside him.

We meet again, you fucking bitch. Eight thought.

I finally met the leader of this damn organization. I'm going to kill you in front of your children. They're going to feel the pain of losing a father. Jaehyun spoke in his head.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19K 522 33
A dangerous game she was playing, one that could cost the girl her life. "I'm a threat to you, baby". sแดแดœสŸแดแด€แด›แด‡/แดแด€า“ษชแด€ แด€แดœ [ Book One of S.O.S Series ]
70.5K 3.6K 66
"I'm not the bad guy here. But I can be." โ€ข Crime / special agent au โ€ข Haechan (NCT) โ€ข NCT Dream focused but includes all units โ€ข 3rd person (OC)
8.8K 297 31
in which 2 fortnite addicts somehow end up in the same duos lobby (lowercase intended)
197K 6.4K 45
โ ๐˜พ๐™๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ก๐™š... ๐™„ ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ๐™š ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช. โž SOULMATE & MAFIA AU! book 1 in the RIDIN' series.