𝓜𝔂 𝓟𝓪𝓼𝓽, 𝓞𝓾𝓻 𝓕𝓾𝓽�...

Door vtx_kyn

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ Dan Heng, a 'simple' guy trying to escape his past self's mistakes, yearning for a life tra... Meer

'*:;,.★ Prologue ☆・:.,;*
'*:;,.★ Chapter Two ☆・:.,;*
'*:;,.★ Chapter Three ☆・:.,;*
'*:;,.★ Chapter Four ☆・:.,;*
'*:;,.★ Chapter Five ☆・:.,;*
'*:;,.★ Chapter Six ☆・:.,;*
'*:;,.★ Chapter Seven ☆・:.,;*
'*:;,.★ Chapter Eight ☆・:.,;*
'*:;,.★ Chapter Nine ☆・:.,;*
'*:;,.★ Chapter Ten ☆・:.,;*

'*:;,.★ Chapter One ☆・:.,;*

1.4K 40 10
Door vtx_kyn

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

"Alright, fine. Let's move. Goodbye, Y/N," the woman bid farewell, leaving her all alone enveloped in a warm, golden light.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

"Hey, Y/N! Earth to Y/N!"

"Huh? What is it March?" she blinked in confusion, only just realising she had zoned out for who knows how long.

"You're off daydreaming again," her companion March replies, rolling her eyes at Y/N in annoyance.

"I'm sorry," she smiled sheepishly, giving her an apologetic look. Y/N averted her gaze towards the coffee she was subconsciously stirring in front of her. It had definitely gone cold by now.

"What were we talking about?"

"Geez, did you not hear anything I said?" March huffed disappointingly.

"I was talking about how Dan Heng is so mysterious! He never talks about his past, and we know next to nothing about him besides his obsession with reading all day!" March raised a brow towards the young man sitting next to her. Y/N turned her attention to Dan Heng, taking note of the way his dark locks framed his cloudy green eyes.

He was clearly unbothered by her complaints, almost acting as if she never uttered a word. Silence enveloped them for a moment as he closed his eyes, sighing to himself. Y/N doubted he would tell them anything now, but a sliver of hope within her partially expected him to open up.

They had been travelling companions for a little while, and March and her were quite eager to know even the faintest bit about their friend's past. His gaze suddenly met Y/N's, catching her off guard.

"Well, if you ask me, Y/N is the mysterious one," he states calmly, attempting to completely switch the topic.

Y/N's stomach sank. Sharing what little she knew about herself wasn't the most appealing idea, especially when she pretty much knew nothing about her own past. It just didn't seem all that interesting to talk about - at least until she finds that woman, she was the ticket to learning her story.

"Ugh, you're dodging us again," March sighs exasperated, giving up. She knew he wasn't about to give in to our curiosities.

"Don't be so emo, Dan Heng. We're all pals here, you can trust us," Y/N joked, crossing her arms as she met his green eyes with a playful expression. Dan Heng stared back at her, his bottom lip quivering slightly. That's how she knew she struck a chord.

"I am not emo," he retaliated, furrowing his brows a little as he tried to keep his stoic composure together.

March and Y/N looked at one another knowingly, doing their best to hold back their laughter. They always found it amusing to push Dan Heng's buttons - and calling him emo was a surefire way of triggering him.

"Yeah, you are. Stop acting like a wannabe bad boy, Dan Heng," March giggled.

"It makes you look cringe. Girls aren't into that, you know!" she added, sticking her tongue out at him.

"Whatever," Dan Heng grunted, unwilling to entertain our teasing any further.

"Trailblazers!"

Our eyes shot up to a beautiful woman of fiery red hair.

"Himeko!" March beamed. She turned her body towards her eagerly, eyes glimmering with anticipation and excitement.

"Have we decided where we're off to next?"

Himeko nodded in response, a gentle smile gracing her perfect features. The corner of her golden eyes creased slightly as she smiled - the only sign of her age. For a middle-aged woman, she had a very youthful appearance and charming demeanor. The golden accessories carefully threaded into her wavey locks glinted against the warm lighting of the room. She tilted her head curiously.

"And what might you three be discussing? I could hear March's chipper from a mile away," she chuckled sofly.

"Oh, nothing really," March responded.

"We were just trying to encourage Dan Heng to open up. You know, since we're supposed to be friends and all." March glanced at him as she finished her sentence.

"I simply do not wish to discuss such matters. And I believe Y/N's story is of much more interest anyways," Dan Heng replied.

Y/N faced him, ready to retaliate against his statement. But she was startled into silence when she realised he was already looking straight at her.

His gaze wasn't intense. In fact, it was rather relaxed. But she could sense his curiosity as his eyes bore into her own. It was as if he was trying to ask, 'what are you hiding?' Although, she was fairly convinced he was just using her to direct attention away from himself again.

"You sure like staring, Dan Heng," Y/N laughed, albeit a bit awkwardly, breaking eye contact.

He remained silent, most likely not caring for her side comment. Social skills weren't exactly his strongest asset. Sometimes his staring made her slightly uncomfortable, mostly because she could never figure out what he was thinking in the moment. He's not like March, who is always full of energy. She could easily be read like a book. That's why Y/N got along with her better. Although, she always enjoyed bantering with Dan Heng every so often.

Himeko cleared her throat, bringing their attention back towards her.

"Well, Dan Heng. March and Y/N are a very trustworthy duo, you can always confide in them if needed," she smiled reassuringly. Dan Heng simply nodded, acknowledging her words.

The conversation was interrupted as the door swung open, a middle aged man strolling into the room. His walking stick hit the floor with every step he took, resounding across the room. His brown hair was beginning to grey in some areas. It was safe to say he didn't age as gracefully as Himeko, but he was very wise. His black glasses sat square on the bridge of his nose, and upon closer inspection you could see the slight wrinkles across his facial features as he came closer.

"Ah, Welt. Perfect timing," Himeko nodded towards him, and he returned the gesture.

"Hello, Mr. Yang!" March greeted cheerfully.

"Good evening, March," Welt smiled tiredly. Y/N could tell he hadn't rested in a while, running the Astral Express was no simple task after all.

"So, my lovely Astral Express crew," Himeko began. "Welt and I have decided that our next destination shall be-"

Himeko's words were cut short as the lights began to humm and flicker.

"What's happening?!" Pom Pom, the train's conductor, paced towards the group alarmed. Their large, blue eyes widened with concern, darting around the room as they tried to make sense of the situation. They had quietly kept to themself, cleaning the floors of the train prior to the sudden commotion.

"Are we being attacked?!" March exclaimed worriedly, doing her best not to freak out too much.

"Surely it's just power outtage right? Wait, that's not any better. We're in the middle of nowhere!" March continued spewing words frantically, her arms wrapped around herself in an attempts to remain remotely calm.

Suddenly, the flickering halted.

"Ah, hacking their system was too easy," a proud voice chuckled, echoeing throughout the room. But the owner of the voice was nowhere to be seen.

"Who's there?" Welt demanded sternly.

"Let's not get too hasty now. We're friends, no?" a second voice, one much more soothing to the ears, piqued in. Y/N instantly recognised that voice. Her eyes widened as she looked around, desperate to see her - the woman she was looking for.

A hologram lit up within the centre of the room, revealing the purple haired woman with rosey pink eyes. She smiled, her body language was quite nonchalant. It was clear she knew what she was doing. She must have done this sort of thing before.

"Well, if it isn't Y/N. Fate has allowed us to meet once more," she didn't sound the least bit surprised to see her, as if this was all planned from the beginning.

"...Kafka," Y/N muttered. She was surprised with how the name seemed to naturally come to mind in the moment.

"Oh? You finally remember my name," she smiled approvingly, clapping her hands together in a celebratory manner. "No need for introductions then."

"You know her?" March looked at Y/N questionably. "Who is she?"

"To be completely honest, I don't even know myself," Y/N replied, keeping her gaze locked on the flickering hologram before her. She was scared that if she dared look away for a moment, she would vanish.

Kafka smiled knowingly, amusement laced in the chuckle that left her lips.

"You needn't worry about that. My identity does not concern you. However, Astral Express crew, I need your help."

"Quite bold of you to appear uninvited, just to immediately ask for help," Welt stated. His voice didn't sound the least bit friendly, he had his guard up.

"Oh, but you guys are experts in dealing with matters of other worlds, no?" she raised an eyebrow.

"Unfortunately, I am in need of professionals within this area of expertise."

"I am fairly certain you are more than capable, stellaron hunter," Himeko replied rather curtly compared to her usual friendly attitude.

"Well informed as usual. As expected of the reknowned Himeko," Kafka smirked.

"In that, you are correct. But alas, my hands are tied in this case. And my comrades aren't usually keen nor strong on socialising. You are all familiar with the Xianzhou Luofu, surely?"

"The Luofu...," Dan Heng whispered, his face hardened. He was far from happy to hear that name.

"Oh, that's where you're from. Right, Dan Heng?" March quickly silenced herself, refraining from questioning further upon seeing his distressed facial expression. He was staring stone cold at Kafka, determined to figure out her intentions with his homeland.

He felt uneasy when her eyes met his. It was as if she could see right through him. As if she knew all his darkest secrets. He felt exposed.

She hummed in thought before continuing.

"I have a friend who was imprisoned wrongfully for a crime he did not commit. The Xianzhou believes he is the wanted criminal they've been searching for years. Can you believe such a thing?" she chuckled bitterly.

"Uh, I don't know. I'd believe it," March whispered leaning towards Y/N's ear. Kafka heard her, but chose to ignore it.

"Either way, you trailblazers wouldn't turn away from an innocent soul in need, would you?" Kafka cocked her head to the side, pouting slightly.

"Even if I didn't need help, I'm sure you would go diving head first into the problems of others anyways, whether you know them or not. Is that not the will of the Great Aeon Akivili the Trailblazer?" Everyone hated to admit she was right.

"Get to the point. Who is this person we'd be saving, if ever?" Himeko questioned.

Kafka smiled, "That would be my dear friend Blade."

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

34.2K 1.5K 20
╭┈─────── ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ- ❝Ah! You write books?!❞ ❝ Yeah? And?...❞ ?? ?????!! ╰► after observing the young writer for days, the young illustrator decides to...
19.9K 932 9
❝ It's my pleasure to meet you trailblazer~! I hope my dear companion didn't trouble you at all ❞ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ┊ ┊...
34.1K 1.2K 20
❀ -ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ꜱᴀʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ 'ᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ɪ'ᴅ ʙʟᴇᴇᴅ ᴍʏꜱᴇʟꜰ ᴅʀʏ ꜰᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ ᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ- 'ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴꜱ ᴛᴏ ᴀ ꜰʟᴏᴡᴇʀ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴀʟʟ ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴘᴇᴛ...
428K 23.5K 66
❝𝗜𝗳 𝗜 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗸𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝘆𝗼𝘂, 𝗜 𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱'𝘃𝗲 𝗮𝗹𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝘆 𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘀𝗼 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗺𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝘂𝗺𝗯 𝗮𝘀 𝘁𝗵�...