Evolution

By rafaelnzanza

A man who can see the future has a vision of the World ending in an explosion so big it would send the entire... More

"Doomsday Clock"
Chapter One: "Elijah"
Chapter Two: "Malakai"
Chapter Three: "Kira"
Chapter Four: "Black Wolf"
Chapter Five: "Tortured Soul"
Chapter Six: "Dark Treassure"
Chapter Seven: "The Hunter 'Comes The Hunted"
Chapter Eight: "Quarrel Of The Gods: Kira vs Kai"
Chapter Nine: "The Kindness Of Monsters"
Chapter Eleven: "The Island Of Sakekhama"
Chapter Twelve: "Instruments Of Destruction And Salvation"
Chapter Thirteen: "Return To Sakekhama"

Chapter Ten: "Unbreakable"

1 1 0
By rafaelnzanza

*Do you know what the scariest thing probably is? Not knowing where you belong in this world*

Selena was taken home from the hospital by Elijah and Malakai, they had been watching over her since she had been shot, taking care of her and nursing her back to health. She felt special having two people whom she cares about taking care of her, they have been working tirelessly along with Cosima and Hannah whom Selena knows nothing of because Elijah and Malakai had not mentioned them to her, she is a cop and it would natural for her to ask questions about the two, she wants to know if anything had been discovered about her shooter but Elijah tells her he is working as hard as he can, her shooter however have killed himself to avoid being questioned so they were trying various different approaches, Kai notices Elijah has not told her about the attempt on his life the same day and assumes he wants to keep it that way but would tell her what Cosima had told him about the secret war between the Imperium and Icarus organisations.

A few days later......

Selena was back to work although she had a sling on to support her left arm, she not a hundred percent recovered but was recovered enough to get back to work, Elijah had quit being a police consultant, mostly because he feels restrained, unable to use his abilities to full help due to hiding his powers, Elijah went to work with Kai, Cosima and Hannah at the hideout, each having a code name to conceal their identities, Cosima was designing outfits to better hide their identities and freely use their gifts without fear but the two were still keeping their workings under wraps. Elijah had a green hoodie while Malakai had a blue one, to cover their faces. Malakai was training Elijah in hand to hand combat, Hannah was a former MMA fighter and sharpens her skills by soaring with Malakai on occasion. When he's not soaring, Elijah goes out into the streets, stands in a crowded place, this time being a train station, he closes his eyes and takes a deep breath, he starts walking, brushing against everyone he comes into physical contact with, upon touch Elijah is able to see their futures, what they will do and what not, he did not know what he was looking for as well, he was just searching for something, anything. He does this for a few hours, till he comes into contact with one individual who was planning to rob a store later that evening, he pauses and turns to look at the individual, squinting and debated on what he will do, then another bumps into him, her future was she would end her own life, on the same evening, no one will know where she is and she won't be discovered until after ten months have passed, to Elijah it was obvious which one he'd help but does call the police anonymously and tells them the exact time and place of where the Robert would occur, after he hangs up he follows the girl who was to end her life tonight, he affairs were in order, she had been planning this for a while now and with everything sorted there was not much left to do other than doing it and get it over with. On that night she had been walking all over Saint City till it was dark, she walks into a building she works in, Elijah uses his ability to evade security, looking down at the right moment, looking away at the right moment and so on till he passed security, even managed to pickpocket a key card, he follows the woman up to the roof of the building and arrives just as she climbs the ledge and was looking down, tears filled her eyes and streamed down her cheeks, Elijah calls to her but was careful not to scare her, she tells him to leave but Elijah refuses, he tries talking her down while inching closer, she sobs as she had her mind made up and had no reason to move on as she was tired but Elijah told her there was more to life than just bad experiences and she needed to go out and find herself, the world is big enough for that and her leaving it would mean one less good person in the world, the woman turns to look at him as she climbs down, Elijah moves as she slips and was falling but Elijah reached for her hand grabs her in time, he pulls her up and saves her then disappears once she was safe.

Meanwhile, Malakai was at the hideout, shirtless looking out the window seemingly lost in thought, he had been hiding from Kira's bounty since she put it out there, he had to fix it, clenching his fist and grabbing his shirt he goes to see Cosima, putting on his shirt and asks her to get him Kira's number, he wanted to settle this so they can move on, Cosima apologizes to Kai for getting him into this but Kai just shrugs it off telling her it was okay, Cosima nods and does as Kai asked, got him Kira's number, she gives it to him and calls Kira on private cell. Kira was in a meeting as her phone rings, she excuses her self and answers it, Kai tells her it is him and that he wants to talk and but this to bed but Kira reminds him he tried to kill her and she is not one who so easily forgives transgressions against her, Kai proposes a dual, if she wins she can take his life but if does come out victorious then they will squash  the feud and let it end there, Kira who was confident in her ability agrees to the fight and will text him the address of where they will meet then hangs up, she smiles and walks back to the meeting, Kai put the phone away and looked at Cosima who felt uneasy about this deal, she tries to talk him out of it but Kai insists he handles it this way, Cosima respects his decision but suggests telling Elijah, Kai refuses, thinking it was because she wanted Elijah to tell him how this will play out but Cosima only wants him safe and with Elijah's abilities he can see if Kira is setting a trap for him, only for her to take him out once he arrives there, Kai leaves the room after telling Cosima not to call Elijah but Cosima calls Elijah anyways and tells him what was going on. Elijah grabs his green hoodie and puts it on rushing to the hideout and arrives just as Kai was leaving, Kai sighs shaking his head and knew Cosima called Elijah even though Elijah tells him he saw what he was going to do in a vision but Kai tells Elijah he is a bad liar, he proceeds to ask him since he was here if Kira was indeed setting a trap for him and Elijah shook his head and tells him Kira is a woman of her word and that she will honour their agreement to meet him and fight him one on one although there will be witnesses, Kai nods and enters his car as did Elijah, entering on the other side and they drive off to the location Kira sent to Kai.

Meanwhile, Selena has been getting reports of people going missing, she took it upon herself to investigate hoping to distract herself from being nearly killed by the sniper, the experience has made her aware and reacts to everything no matter how little it is, a car honk, something being dropped, anything with a loud bang was enough to jump scare her and make her reach for her firearm in her holster on her hip, still feeling the little pain of her gunshot wound, however takes pain meds excessively, she was a mess and has nightmares about that night, part of her was mad at Elijah for not telling her to get down instead of .living to the left like he asked, but part of her knew he told her on purpose with the assumption of if she had ducked and hid she'd still be Hunted. While Selena was sitting there lost in her head she is snapped back to reality by a file being slammed on her desk making her jump and reach for her firearm, once she realises it was just her co-worker she relaxes and sits back again as her co-worker looked at her concerned and asked if she was okay but she ignores him and looks at the file in front of her, she takes it and opens it, reading about one of the people missing, she was determined to find them while also keeping herself distracted, ignoring calls from Elijah and Malakai as well, she was isolating herself, feeling abandoned by both men she cared deeply for, Malakai left and joined the marines while Elijah quits working at the S.C.P.D, his reasoning made sense to her but she could not help but feel abandoned by him still, back to the files before her Selena notices all victims are women, some were doctors while others were teachers and stay at home mothers, what was strange to Selena was how these women had nothing in common with each other.

Selena works tirelessly searching for clues, anything that might get her a lead on their whereabouts, she receives an anonymous tip on where these women might be held, not trusting the tip she decides to investigate herself, going to the address. She sees how the building is abandoned and dark, no lights where on and no sign of it being in construction showing that someone was caring for its maintenance, she walks inside quietly with her hand on her holster, scanning around looking for any legitimacy to the claims she received from the anonymous tip, then she heard sounds of chains being pulled on, she draws her weapon and continues walking further inside the building, the closer she got the more she could hear voices speaking quietly trying to pull themselves free from the chains that they were bound to, Selena makes her presence known, announcing herself as detective Selena Mikaelson, they scream for help and Selena quickly goes over to them and tries to free them, she asks where their abductor was and they tell her he had gone out, thinking it safe to free them from the chains using her firearm she pulls it out and tells them to hold still, she takes three shots at the locks and frees them successfully but hears a noise, the abductor was back but something was not right, the girl's tell Selena the man is crazy and they are afraid, Selena notices how shakey they were, she draws her weapon and calls for backup and let's her location known, growling and glass breaking was heard, echoing throughout the empty building, as the women stood behind Selena and look up, they see the man crawling on the ceiling, muscular built, shirtless and barefooted, he did not sound Human at all making Selena even more scared and concerned, the man drops to the floor a few feet away from them and growls, beating his chest trying to intimidate them, Selena knew by how he was behaving and his crawling on the ceiling, the man was an Evo Human with powers, but which powers remains to be seen. Selena takes shots at the man and he ducks and hides, she has the women run while she kept her gun pointed and calls for backup again telling them to hurry, and she runs after the girl's and the man chases them in the empty halls of the dark building, growling loud and running on all fours, the man picks up a big table and throws it at the women, hitting on of them hard making her fall having broken her arm by the force the table was thrown at her, the man was clearly strong, he had super strength as his Evo power, Selena pulls her phone out calling Malakai who would be there quicker than Elijah but no answer as they had left their phones in the car meeting with Kira. Selena prays for a miracle and does her duty as a law enforcer, living up to her oath to protect and serve she has the girl's leave while she distracts the man by shooting at him so he'd follow her instead of them, her bullets run out and she runs further into the building till she finds a good spot to hide and reload. As she sits and exhales, he hands shaking from the adrenaline pumping through her veins, she didn't know the man was on the ceiling right above her, stalking her like prey, he was so quiet she couldn't hear him breath, when she takes a peak at the hall the man quietly lands behind her dropping from the ceiling, once she takes one step forward outside the room the man grabs her and slams her against the wall hard making her dizzy, he picks her up and pins her against the wall and chokes her hard, Selena struggles and reaches for her gun but it was on the floor so she reached for her pepper spray and sprayed his eyes getting a reaction, once he releases her she grabs her gun and shoots him on the shoulder but the bullet leaves only a bruise on his hard skin as if she fired rubber bullets on him, the man grunts feeling the pain however, he looks at Selena and runs at her to attack but Selena shoots him again, leaving yet another bruise to his skin, the man falls on his knees, his panting sounded like a rhino's grunting, he looks up at Selena with those animalistic eyes and launched at her once more, tackling her of her feet and both go through the window and fall to the ground, Selena falls on top of the man making her survive the fall but has hurt her rib and her wound from the gunshot fired by the sniper.

She gets off him and limps away, picking up her gun, the man stands up and looks at her admiring her ability to endure and keep fighting, Selena looks back seeing the man on his feet and stops, her back up has yet arrived living her no choice but to keep fighting till they do, and hope they'll with her still alive, the man takes a few steps forward before he starts running toward Selena who points her gun at him but the man pauses and screams in pain, falling to his knees as a group of armed people appears, pointing their guns at the man, the restrain him as he holds his head screaming until he passes out and is taken away by these men, a woman in a suit approaches Selena, wearing a long white coat and her hair red of colour, long up to her shoulders, her hand behind her back, with her standing to her left was the strange man who helped her at the hospital when the fake nurse tried to kill her, the woman introduces herself and tells her who they are but also tells her she won't remember anything, the strange man looks into Selena's eyes, erasing her memory of them ever being there with the though that the man had died being shot by her several times and to begin searching for his body. They disappear with the man leaving Selena clueless about their being there and left with the implanted memories of shooting the man dead, backup arrives to find Selena standing there, she looks at them and tells them what she was meant to tell them. The mysterious people place the man in a cell that is highly advanced and meant to keep Evo people in, it was located in the ocean beneath the surface about 20,000 feet, the pressure was nothing to worry about as it was safe, on the side of this vessel that is a prison for Evos is written........Icarus.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

596 26 18
When multiple universes get attacked, several people have to come together to save their universes and figure out who is behind them and why.
63 7 7
Imagine a world where you feel free but controlled by the people who ruled it. A young guy who was blinded by the comfort that was given to him. Unti...
56 5 5
Getting involved in an attack on the Kremlin, trying to keep up with his studies at school be a superhero, sacrificing his safety to defeat the Alien...
11 1 3
A young man fights his way through the world everyday. One day he meets a girl who was attacked killing her friend in the process. He takes her in an...