Chapter Eleven: "The Island Of Sakekhama"

*We have to acknowledge who we really are, what deep desires are we suppressing, what would happen if we tore down our personas and let the Beast rise within?*

14 years ago........

"Jules Burns once wrote, put two ships in the sea without wind or tide, the ships will come together....that's how I met him, my best friend, the man who would one day become the love of my life"

Cosima Jackson also known as Midas was born in a rich family, never wanting for anything as her parents made sure of it, they had a yacht they use to take trips on the sea voyage to spend time together as a family. One day on the trip on their yacht, the Jackson family was boarded by a group of pirates during the night, taken hostage Cosima's father told them to take whatever they want but to not hurt his wife and child, the pirates laugh at him as Cosima was trembling at the men with guns who had unknown intentions, she was already a computer wiz and has won a prizes for her achievements in the IT areas, this trip was to celebrate her success at such a young age of 13 years, and because she is always online she sees the things that go on in the world including how women and young girls suffer under bastards who cannot keep it in their pants, Cosima feared for her life and her mother's life as well as her father's life as he would try to fight them if they were to touch them and result in his possible death, Cosima has never prayed so hard before, asking God to help her family make it through this ordeal alive and unscathed. Hours pass as the pirates ransack the yacht, taking all they could find including the jewelry box of Cosima's mother, the of the group asks for the safe, Cosima's father shows them where it is and gives them the combination which was the combination of Cosima's birthday, once opened they take all that was inside, once finished they went to their boat and damaged the gas tank of the yacht making it leak so they were not followed, the pirates drive oof in their boat leaving the Jacksons stranded at sea, Cosima was relieved they were fine even though they were stranded, her father tries communicating the cost guards or any boats close by for help, none answered, they had enough food to last them a while but it would not be forever. They receive a warning of a coming storm, two to be exact, making their way toward each other and the yacht was positioned in the middle of the coming storms, Cosima was afraid once more, she tries calling for help from anyone as her father and mother prepared for the inevitable, placing a life jacket on Cosima then on themselves. Thunder rumbles as the clouds from a distance were dark and lightning strikes flashed bright enough to be noticed, the sea begins moving more as the storms inch closer, Cosima looks at her left hand as it was shaking, she prays once again to God to help them get past this alive and unscathed like he did with the pirates, the wind blows violently, the storms were above them colliding, big waves were coming as her father drops the anchor hoping it will hold and keep the boat steady  but the ground below was too deep, her father looked at his family and went to hold them tight as the yacht tips over and sinks with the family, the father pulls Cosima's life jacket and it carries her up to the surface, he had time to pull one before he ran out of breath and drowns with his wife.

Cosima sees pieces of the wreckage and swims towards it, she grabs it and sees it was big enough to carry her and keep her afloat, she grabs on for dear life as she cries praying still for salvation, that's when she heard someone stepping on the piece she was on, she slowly lifts her head to see, the water was blinding her, making her vision unclear but she can see shapes and before her was a man's figure, Cosima reached her hand to the mysterious person before her and felt him grab her hand and carry her in his arms, jumping back in the water and puts her on his back and began to swim with her, once they reach solid ground he lays her on her back and does CPR to make her vomit the water she had swallowed, once done Cosima passes out and is taken away. She wakes a few hours later, clothes changed to dry ones while her original clothes where hanging outside to dry, she scans around at the wooden house she was placed in, the birds where chirping, different types of animal sounds she heard from a distance, she sits up slowly and discovers she was in a very tall treehouse with vines hanging everywhere she turned, she gets up on her feet and stood on the edge, looking at the clear beautiful view of a foggy jungle, she holds her head and remembered the tragic end of her parents, as it began to sink in she hears trees rattling below the treehouse and sees a man swinging like Tarzan toward the tree and climb up like something not Human, she steps back from the ledge and looked around seeing a loose plank, she grabs it and stood in a stance ready to defend herself, a hand reached up on the edge and holds on, pulling himself up a man with long wet hair covered in dirt was in front of her, standing on his hands and feet, on all fours, his hands structured like that of a gorilla to aid in walking and running, the man was wild and did not speak plain English, his words made no sense to Cosima as she asks where was she, and who she was but her words to him like his to her made no sense