Seducing the Careers

track-hoe által

What happens when a district 3 drop dead gorgeous girl, who also happens to have a genius IQ, is reaped for t... Több

Closer to Death
Parade
Allianced
Evaluation
High Score
Interview
Heart to Heart
Chaos
Killing
Glimmer
Rue
Clove
Winner
Awake
I Don't Want to Forget
Part 2
Return
Nightmare
Snow
Priorities
Tour
Palace Party
Newbie
I'm Not Clove
Tell Me a Secret
Friends
Bonding
Fight
Swimming
District 7
Mom
Reaping
Training
Goldmine
Deja Vu
Electra

Game Highlights

1.1K 35 0
track-hoe által

Flickerman: Hello everyone, welcome to the 73rd annual Hunger Games. I'm Caesar Flickerman, here with my co-host—

Templesmith: —Claudius Templesmith. That's right folks. We're in for a fun Game this year. On the screen now, we have the training scores and odds if you still need them to place any bets.

Flickerman: Down at the bottom of the list, with a score of 4, we have Barley, from District 9, and up top, with a score of 11, we have this year's Capitol favorite. From district 3: our very own, Golden Girl Toni Hart!

As for odds, Barley takes the low again, at 80-1. And this time Cato takes the high, at 3-1.

// Keep in mind that the odds are formatted as a-b, where chance of winning is expressed as a/(a+b). So with odds of 3-1, you have a 25% chance of winning. Another way of looking at it is that if there are a+b games, one is predicted to win b times and lose a times. (Also pretend that whoever calculates odds doesn't know that Toni's actually smart. I didn't consider the fact that the Gamemakers saw during training scores) //

Templesmith: Now the Games about to begin, so let's tune into the arena.

*The stats list fades to black and a bird's eye view of the arena fades in, slowly lowering down, coupled with closeups of the tributes*

Flickerman: Here comes the final countdown, folks.

*robotic voice counts down from 10 and then a gong sounds*

Flickerman: And off they go!

Templesmith: Caesar, I wonder how many the Bloodbath will take this yea— oh! Here comes the first attack. Nylon from 8 goes for Toni Hart! Bold move, I'll give him that.

*Cameras zoom in on them. Nylon trips over uneven ground*

Flickerman: Oof. Wait, what's that over there?

*Camera shifts to the right to reveal Glimmer running towards them*

Templesmith: Looks like Glimmer's coming to Toni's defense, and— Ouch. Looks like Glimmer Belcourt's got the first kill of the Games!

*Camera zooms out to show everyone*

Flickerman: And Claudius, it looks like it was the first of many.

————————————————————

Flickerman: It seems that the bloodbath is now over, taking a total of 13 tributes, which is about normal for a Game.

Templesmith: Right. And a whopping 12 of those came from this little group right here.

*camera zooms in on the career pack discussing their kills*

Flickerman: Ooh. I'm sensing an alliance forming. While they discuss, let's have a look at the kill list up on the screen here, along with some updates on odds.

*Cato stays at 3-1. Marvel and Clove stay at 5-1. Glimmer moves up from 7-1 to 5-1. Toni moves up from 9-1 to 6-1. Rue moves up from 60-1 to 30-1. Others tributes have minor changes.

Templesmith: Looks like there's some big jumps, now that the bloodbath has passed.

————————————————————

Templesmith: Wait Caesar. Are you seeing what I'm seeing?

*camera zooms in on Rue in a tree, helping the girl from 7*

Flickerman: You're right, Claudius. That's little Rue.

*Stats pop up:

District 11
Name: Rue Barnette
Training Score: 7
Kill Count: 0
Odds: 30-1 —> 27-1

*Rue whispers to 7, telling her to cut off the branch with the Tracker Jacker nest*

Templesmith: Ooh. It really doesn't help that Glimmer has just fallen asleep on guard duty.

*camera zooms in on Glimmer sleeping and shows stats:

District 1
Name: Glimmer Belcourt
Training Score: 9
Kill Count: 0
Odds: 5-1 —> 11-1

Flickerman: Oh! There it goes! There it goes. Wow, looks like Glimmer is the first of the career pack to die. Shocking!

Templesmith: To me, Caesar, the girl had it coming. I mean, come on. You can't sleep when your team is trusting you to keep watch.

Flickerman: Wait, wait!

*camera zooms in on parachute*

There it is. First sponsored gift in the arena, to Toni Hart!

*Stats for Toni pop up:

District 3
Name: Antoinette Hart
Training Score: 11
Kill Count: 2
Odds: 6-1 —> 5-1

Templesmith: Looks like her odds have increased! And I still wonder, how did she secure that training score of 11?

Flickerman: Rumor has it, she blew a kiss at the head gamemaker— instant 11.

Templesmith: Well that's just not believable at all, Caesar... because I'd give her a 12 for that.

*both burst into overdone laughter*

————————————————————

Templesmith: Let's listen in on the last two of the career pack to be awake for tonight.

*Clove says: "Toni, this is serious. I want a chance to be with you before one of us has to go. Just a taste of what it could've been", shifting her line of sight between Toni's eyes and lips*

Flickerman: Woah there! Claudius is this a Tracker Jacker induced love confession we might be seeing?

Templesmith: Looks like it Caesar! That Clove sure is getting bold.

*Stats appear for Clove:

District 2
Name: Clove Kentwell
Training Score: 10
Kill Count: 3
Odds: 5-1

*Toni says, "Well don't worry about the ratings now. I think the whole of Panem heard your little confession" in a low mutter*

Templesmith: *laughs* Right you are, Toni.

Flickerman: Now I think I speak for everyone right now when I say that if Clove doesn't make a move right now, I will!

*both laugh*

*Clove leans in and kisses Toni*

Templesmith: Whoooh! Caesar, is it getting hot in here?

Flickerman: Polls for the new couple are available right now, folks.

*they get a little heated and Toni says, "Hey, hey. Maybe let's remember that all of Panem could be watching". Clove says,"They'd give us privacy, right. For the kids watching. I just wanna BLEEP you—*

Templesmith: Woah! Cut the cameras back to us!

Flickerman: Sorry folks, you know how crass they can be in the districts. Let's see how district 11 is doing tonight.

*camera cuts to Thresh who has just found Rue up a tree*

————————————————————

Templesmith: Looks like Toni woke up to breakfast in bed, this morning.

*camera zooms in on Toni opening the sponsor gift.

Flickerman: That makes this her 5th gift so far. Coming for Finnick Odair's record of 8.

Templesmith: No one else has yet received a gift this entire time. How long do you think it's gonna be until people start realizing who they need to target.

*camera zooms in on Toni, sharing her food with her pack*

Flickerman: Claudius, this is actually a major issue for this Game. If we pull up the odds list here, we can see every other tribute's odds have dropped by two, while Toni's have increased by two, up to odds of 3 to 1.

————————————————————

Templesmith: What's this? Seems our Golden Girl's got a soft spot for little Rue.

Flickerman: Wow, with this semi-alliance secured, we are seeing a rise in Rue's odds. Big difference.

*stats show up:

District 11
Name: Rue Barnette
Training Score: 7
Kill Count: 0
Odds: 27-1 —> 16-1

Templesmith: There goes Thresh's odds as well. Seems Toni is doing charity work.

*stats:

District 11
Name: Thresh Morrowson
Training Score: 9
Kill Count: 0
Odds: 11-1 —> 9-1

Flickerman: I do wonder, Claudius. Just how do they calculate these very specific odds?

Templesmith: Well Caesar, if I knew the answer to that, I don't think I'd be hosting television right now.

*both laugh*

Flickerman: There she goes, out of the forest and back to her new girlfriend, it seems: Clove.

Templesmith: Folks, Polls are pouring in and the results are very mixed. Could this relationship be the end of Golden Girl's monopoly on gifts?

————————————————————

*parachute brings Toni some water*

Templesmith: It seems the gifts just keep coming. Sponsor's this year really know how to spoil a girl, huh?

Flickerman: Ladies and gentlemen, this is Golden Girl's 9th gift in the arena, setting a new record for most gifts received in a Game!

Templesmith: Finnick won't be too happy about that one. *chuckle*

————————————————————

*Toni gets dry shampoo, and the career pack begins fighting*

Flickerman: *laughs* It seems this gift has split the career pack in half. Folks, dry shampoo? Really?

Templesmith: *looks offstage* And I'm getting word that this gift is also the final straw for the Gamemakers. Everyone, gifts are currently paused until further notice, so save your money.

————————————————————

Templesmith: Yikes, in her interview, she said "if they can't catch me, they can't kill me", but looks like our Golden Girl has managed to do just that.

Flickerman: After the shampoo fiasco, the career pack has struggling to stay together.

Templesmith: And it looks like... Ouch, yeah. Toni's reaction to Rue's death has officially split the pack in half: girls vs boys.

Toni has just locked in another kill, marking the second career death: Marvel Sanford.

Flickerman: Yikes. Brutal sword to the leg, there. This could be bad for Toni, especially with no more gifts coming up.

—————————————————————

*Clove goes out of the cave and begs for a gift to help with Toni's wounds*

Templesmith: *sucks a breath in through his teeth* That is tough luck for our girls today.

*camera zooms in on them, showing Toni asking Clove for a kiss and then whispering something in her ear. Then Clove heats things up*

Flickerman: Woah! Let's, uh, get the cameras off of them. Give them some privacy. And keep it classy for all the kids watching. *winks*

Templesmith: *heads offscreen for a second to talk to someone* Seems like a generous patron has just donated a large sum of money to get the cameras back on the couple. No can do, buddy. We're not looking to get fired today.

————————————————————

*Clove is shown complaining about why there were no gifts*

Flickerman: Well, Claudius, now seems like the perfect time to tell the tributes about the little surprise the Gamemakers have for them.

Templesmith: Right you are, Caesar. *pulls out a microphone that is connected to the game arena*

Attention Tributes. Attention! As some of you may have noticed, the sponsor gifts have been temporarily paused.

Commencing at sunrise, there will be a feast tomorrow at the Cornucopia. This will be no ordinary occasion, each of you needs something desperately. And we plan to be generous hosts.

*end broadcast*

Flickerman: Most all remaining tributes are currently in dire need of food and water, and Toni needs medicine for her thigh. This oughta spice things up.

Templesmith: Absolutely. And keep in mind, fires are closing along the edge, along with some Capitol Mutts, courtesy of the Gamemakers. It is already nearly day 4 of the Games. This arena is getting tighter and tighter, folks. I'd expect a winner within the next 24 hours.

—————————————————————

Flickerman: Wait, wait, wait! What's that? Clove seems to be grabbing weapons for a supply run. But Claudius, she said she'd stay.

*camera focuses on Clove quietly leaving and then focuses on Toni sleeping*

Templesmith: I guess that the honor of one's word means something different in District 1 than it does here in the Capitol, Caesar.

*both laugh*

————————————————————

Flickerman: Claudius, you crack me u— wait! She's waking up.

*camera zooms in on Toni stirring awake*

Templesmith: Wow! Look at that determination. Limping her way over to the Cornucopia. Speaking of which, let's tune in there.

*camera cuts to Clove taunting the girl from 7 about Rue's death*

Flickerman: Hold on folks. Here comes Thresh, with enough anger to kill someone on the spot.

*Thresh grabs Clove by the neck*

Templesmith: Looks like he might do just that.

*Clove cries out to Toni but is quickly killed*

Flickerman: Now that is just sad. Calling out for your lover just before death.

Templesmith: Here she comes now. Just a smidgen too late.

*Toni grabs Clove and cries for her to come back to her*

Flickerman: I'm not tearing up, am I, Claudius?

Templesmith: Just a bit, Caesar. Just right there. Right th—

Flickerman: Am I getting it? Did I get it?

Templesmith: Here. Use this tissue.

*Caesar dramatically blows his nose into the tissue*

*Toni looks around for cameras and curses at it, (censored into BLEEPS, of course)*

Flickerman: Woah, woah, woah! Dirty words from our Golden Girl.

Templesmith: Now folks, you have to understand her grieving. Vocabulary is limited down in the districts, you know.

*stats show up next to Toni's head:

District 3
Name: Antoinette Hart
Training Score: 11
Kill Count: 3
Odds: 3-1 —> 6-1

Templesmith: Oof. Not doing so well. This death and her leg injury has just lowered her odds to 6-1. Without anyone protecting her, I wonder how she will fare.

———————————————————

Flickerman: Ouch! And the mutts take Thresh! That tribute had greats odds in the end there. This is truly unfortunate.

Templesmith: *laughs* I'm seeing a lot of public frustration. It seems many unfortunate bets have been lost.

——————————————————-

Flickerman: Look there. Cato and Lumen have gathered the remaining 5 tributes. I bet they're planning on taking out Toni first.

*camera zooms in on Cato and Lumen, showing stats:

District 2
Name: Cato Hadley
Training Score: 10
Kill Count: 4
Odds: 3-1 —> 2-1

District 3
Name: Lumen Moore
Training Score: 8
Kill Count: 1
Odds: 5-1

Templesmith: Seems right to me. But right now, she's weak and alone. Practically a sitting duck. There's no point in targeting her, except for retribution.

Flickerman: Ahh. You know, sources have told me that Toni rejected her district partner's advances. Perhaps this is his revenge.

Templesmith: Wait a minute. They're all preparing to sleep. This gives Toni a moment to recover.

Flickerman: Wait, wait! There she is! Wait, what's she doing?

Templesmith: Looks like she's using a knife to dig. I don't see how that's useful, unless it's to dig someone a grave. Maybe she's run out of options and is grasping at straws.

————————————————————

Flickerman: Wait a minute! Ladies, gentlemen, if you're watching this, wake up your friends and make sure they tune in, because Antoinette Hart has just dug up a mine!

Templesmith: How does she plan on using this? It's no longer set to explode.

Flickerman: Look, look! There! I think she knows how to rearm the mines!

*camera zooms in on Toni's hands, showing every detail of what she's doing*

Templesmith: How is this possible? A minute ago she couldn't even figure out how to use her can of dry shampoo.

Flickerman: Could it be? Antoinette Hart has been a wolf in sheep's clothing all along. Some sort of secret mastermind!

Templesmith: Looks like we have another Johanna Mason on our hands today. Golden Girl seems to be stealing from all the greats today.

————————————————————

Flickerman: The mines have been placed, but the question that all of Panem is asking right now is, 'How is she gonna set them off?'

*camera shows Toni going through her bag*

Templesmith: The dry shampoo! There is no way that her plan involves this! I am absolutely perplexed at the way this girl thinks.

*Toni ties the shampoo to a knife and whispers to herself, "Okay Clove, let's see if I still remember how to do this"*

Flickerman: All eyes are on you, Toni.

*she throws the knife and triggers the explosions*

Templesmith: Unbelievable. Five dead within a second! Golden girl has set all kinds of records in this exciting game!

*he picks up the microphone to broadcast to the arena*

Ladies and gentlemen. May I present the winner of the 73rd Annual Hunger Games, Antoinette Hart!

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

155K 3K 70
When Reef, a young girl from District Four, thinks she'll make it through her last year of the reaping, finds that she was unsuccessful. She had been...
79.3K 3.4K 31
You either become brilliant, or you get killed. When Alyssa was invited to a boarding school to learn magic, she was expecting something out of a Har...
146K 5.2K 90
SUN | HUNGER GAMES | JOHANNA MASON "𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘺 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘪𝘯 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘦 𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘯 𝘶𝘱 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘐 𝘨𝘶𝘦𝘴�...
252K 4K 14
District 4 has only three alive victors right? No, District 4 has another famous Victor. The Victor's name is Saphira Emerald or as the Capitol know...