Emilia: Finding My Forever

By _dat_one_girl_

𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐄𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬 Emilia, a mixture of Enzo and Elianna. She isn't afraid of anyone a... More

Important Disclaimers
Character Aesthetics
Prologue
1|The Groom's Pick
2|A Lifetime of Misery
3|The Wedding
4|I Hate Santo Valentino
5|My New Home
6|Kill or Be Killed
7|James
8|No Good
9|My New Thesis
10|Work of Art
11|His Parents
12|Two People Who Got Stuck Together
13|Fiji
14| Foreign Regions
15|Mountain Climbing
16|Economics
17|Sexual Healing
18|Beach Day
19|The Small Details
20|We Were Drunk
21|Bittersweet Moments
22|Comfort Meal
23|Traitor
24|Human Behaviour
25|Sweet Dreams
26|Liking My Husband
27|Playing Games
28|Emilia's Day
29|I Love To Shop
30|Reckless
31|Innocent Eyes
32|Wishing For My Forever
33|Red Roses
35|To Forevers
36|A Tensed Match
37|Loyalty and Trust
38|A Great Leader
39|Show Me Everything
40|A Surprise Visit
41|Just My Opinion
42|Becoming My Worst Nightmare
43|A Rough Night
44|Breathe
45|A Failure
46|Reading It
47|Fill the Void
48|Ball- Part 1
49| Ball- Part 2
Epilogue
His Secret-Book 1
Her Secret-Book 2
A Poem

34|Effort

68.5K 1.7K 929
By _dat_one_girl_

Emilia's POV

I let go of his hand as I watched him.

"But what?" I asked feeling a little hurt.

I had shown him a very vulnerable side of me that no one has gotten to see. It would crush me into pieces if I found out it was for nothing.

"But we have to take it slow," he said. "You have to understand that I can't trust people very well, Emilia."

I held back his hand. "We can take it at whatever pace you want, Santo. I just want to be with you."

"If we weren't sitting in the middle of a restaurant, you'll never imagine the things I would do to you for saying that."

I found myself blushing. "Maybe you can show me some of that in the car."

He threw his head back. "You claim you're innocent, yet you say things like this to me."

"I guess I picked up a thing two from my husband. That guy is a handful."

He smiled before kissing my hand. "I really do like you, Emilia. This is my first time telling anyone that in years."

"I like you too, Santo. This is my first time telling anyone that, ever."

"So you were serious about not sleeping with your bodyguard?" he asked and I nodded.

"We only kissed. I thought he might have been my forever."

He looked at me confused.

"What is a forever?" he asked.

"It's like someone you want to spend the rest of your life with or someone you were destined to be with."

He nodded slowly. "Right."

I raised my eyebrow. "What? You don't believe in forevers?"

"No," he answered. "There is no such thing. People always leave."

I stared at him in shock.

"Do you still think that man is your forever?" he asked me.

"Yes," I answered honestly.

Santo didn't believe in forevers but Anthony did.

"Fair enough," he smiled. "It looks like I have some competition."

The waitress served our main courses and we got to know each other a little better as we ate.

He told me stories about when he was a kid. I told him about my childhood too, although, his own was much more exciting.

"I have something for you," he said as he pulled a box out of his jacket and handed it to me.

I opened it to see a gold necklace with his name on it with a bracelet and earrings that both had butterflies.

He cleared his throat awkwardly. "I, um, hope you still like butterflies."

I stared at them. He remembered I liked butterflies.

I took out the necklace with his name on it and showed it to him. I started to feel emotional. No one has ever done this for me, not even my parents.

"You don't have to wear it," he said as he revealed his necklace which he had tucked under his shirt. "I only got it because I was getting one."

I looked closely to see my name on it.

He got a necklace with my name on it?

I broke down. This was the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me. We only spent one night together and he had already done all of this.

"Emilia," he said as he held my hand. "I know I suck at giving gifts but is it that bad that you have to cry? You're making me feel terrible."

"Are you kidding me?" I asked as I looked at him. "This is perfect."

His eyes widened. "You like them?"

"I love them, Santo," I told him.

He was putting in so much effort. First, it was making my breakfast and baking me a cake when he was already late for his meeting. Then, it was the bouquet of roses. Now, it was this.

He really did mean that he was going to make it up to me.

I wanted to shower him with kisses. "Let's go home."

"What? We haven't even ordered dessert as yet."

I wiped my tears. "I want to go home, Santo."

"Okay," he agreed before calling over the waitress.

He paid the bill and we stood outside waiting for our car to be brought up front.

"Anything reason in particular you want to get home so eagerly?" he asked out of curiosity.

I turned to him with a smile. "You'll see."

The valet brought the car and I rushed to the driver's seat.

Santo remained in the same spot as he tried to figure me out.

"Come on, what are you waiting for?" I asked him.

"I'm afraid if I get into this car, my life will be in danger. You need to calm down, princess," he said as he gave me skeptical looks.

I sighed before running back to get him.

"I'll be careful. I promise," I said as I dragged him to the car.

...

As soon as I closed the front door from those scary guards, I walked into the living room with a smile.

He was sitting on the couch, taking off his jacket.

"What?" he asked me with a raised eyebrow.

He was so confused.

"Thank you for everything you did for me today," I told him. "It means a lot more than I can express."

"Emilia, you don't have to thank me," he said. "I've been so shitty to you, this is nothing."

"I know I don't," I said as I sat on his lap. "But I want to."

He smiled. "Is this what you were rushing home to do?"

"Maybe?" I asked nervously.

He chuckled before wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me closer to him.

"Can I?" I asked.

He looked at me offended. "Are you seriously asking me this?"

I smiled before crashing my lips onto his.

His hands moved from around my waist to grope my ass as I kissed him harder.

My phone began to ring and he stopped kissing me. "Your phone."

"I'll call them back later," I said before eagerly kissing him again.

As we kissed, both our tongues fought for dominance.

I moaned as he teased me by squeezing my ass. I wrapped my arms around his shoulder as I tried to get closer to him.

My phone started ringing again and he let go of me and pulled back his head.

"Answer it," he said as he picked up my phone.

He looked at the screen and immediately took me off him.

"What?" I asked him.

"Emilia, why the hell is my mother calling you?"

Oh shit, I was supposed to tell him about that dinner. I was waiting for the right time.

"Santo-"

He ignored me as he answered the phone and put it on speaker. "What do you want?"

"Oh my baby," she answered with joy. "I was not expecting you to answer!"

"Why the hell are you calling my wife's phone?" he asked hostilely. "If you want something, you speak to me directly, mother."

"Did she tell you?"

He turned to me. "Tell me what?"

"That she is bringing you over for dinner," she said. "When Emilia suggested that idea, I thought it was perfect. Your father and I barely get to see you."

My widened.

My idea? She was the one who called me!

I immediately shook my head as he watched me blankly.

I couldn't tell if he wanted to kill me or not.

"How thoughtful of her," he said.

"I'm sorry that I was the one to tell you, dear. Don't be too mad at her."

"I'm sorry too because we're not coming," he said as he ended the call and stood up.

He started to walk away and I immediately stood up. "Santo, I swear I didn't suggest that idea. She called me today and asked. I told her I would ask you."

He stayed quiet as he poured himself a drink and I started to panic.

"Santo, please say something."

I was feeling overwhelmed. How could Mrs. Valentino frame me like this?

"Santo," I said again. I've never been put in such a situation. "I'm not lying. I swear."

I didn't know what to do and his silence made it even worse.

"Emila stop," he said as he watched me.

"Please just listen to me," I pleaded.

He placed his glass on the table and held me down. "Emilia stop, I believe you."

"You do?" I asked as I began feeling sick.

He pulled me into a hug. "My mother is a pathological liar. I'm sorry you were her victim."

I hugged him tighter and his warmth radiated to me. All my nerves calmed down from this hug.

Mrs. Valentino just messed with the wrong woman.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

406K 8.4K 33
A crime boss struggles to carry out a vendetta after he falls for the spirited daughter of his enemy. ...
1.2M 22K 46
𝐕𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐀 𝐅𝐀𝐘𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐀𝐆𝐎 was a very happy girl. When she was little her and her bestfriend would do everything together until somethi...
645K 14.3K 107
"I chose you, and I'm never changing my mind, because your eyes... they hold everything my soul thirsts for. Every thing I want and need, is you, and...
389K 5.1K 18
~ A Mafia Romance ~ ISABELLA - A sweet but dangerous girl, daughter of the Spanish Mafia leader. Treated as nothing but a princess, she dreams of bec...