๐‘ซ๐’‚๐’๐’ˆ๐’†๐’“๐’๐’–๐’” ๐’๐’๐’—๐’†

By AuteureAngel

"๐‘๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฌ๐จ" ๐š ๐ฌ๐จ๐Ÿ๐ญ ๐ ๐š๐ฌ๐ฉ ๐ž๐ฌ๐œ๐š๐ฉ๐ž๐ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ฉ๐ฌ, ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ฅ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฐ๐ž๐ ๐›๐ฒ ๐š ๐๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐œ๐š๐ญ๐ž ๐ฆ๏ฟฝ... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
36
Epilogue
Bonus chapter 1
Bonus chapter 2

35

1.7K 64 2
By AuteureAngel

We sat in darkness, our eyes locked into each other's. The air was still, and the only loud sound was our shallow breathing. I could feel the tension between us. Finally, I was going to get the answers to everything.

For months, I had been haunted by questions that had no answers. My mind couldn't rest, always searching for the truth. But now, sitting here in this dark room with the person who held all the secrets, I felt a sense of relief wash over me as I was about to find out the truth.

Only the moonlight broke into the thick darkness, casting a mysterious glow around us. It was a faint light, but enough for me to make out the contours of his face. His mysterious eyes, finally portrayed clear emotions: regrets, guilt, sadness.. and many others that I couldn't decipher. I could see the struggles within himself which proved how serious and deep this was.

I took a deep breath, trying to steady my nerves. This was it, this was the moment I had been waiting for.

"So what is it Russo?" I asked, my voice light as ever.

"My parents lost their lives few years after bringing Ariana into this world. It was a tragic phase of life for my elder sisters and I to take in, because, we had to play the role of Ariana's parents and sibling.

My parents weren't exactly the definition of "rich" but they had enough to provide a three square meal and ensured we lived a comfortable life. Slowly, things got harder, and we knew we had to do something about our financial situation, for the sake of little Ariana especially.

Serena did a lot for us, and not once did she ever show how much she was hurting but i knew, because every night, I heard her sobs from her room.

Janelle was more of the studious type and amongst the two of us, she had more potential and advantage academically, so I asked Serena to focus solely on her but she refused, she ensured and asserted that we both finished high-school.

I didn't graduate with overwhelming grades because I had little distractions in school, and I was just unable to focus on school while Janelle out did me, and I was happy that one of us could show Serena that all she did wasn't in vain"

"What were the distractions?" I interrupted. Although I had a feeling of what they were, I still wanted to hear him say it.

"The wrong crowd, and a girlfriend I thought I loved, Hilda. Despite my horrible grades, Serena still insisted I went to college, she didn't want to give up on me. I was so selfish, and blinded by love that i totally forgot about the situation of my family and the sacrifices my sister made to give me the opportunity most people were searching for.

My third year in college, I met with Claudia Marchesi. She was known for being one of the most wealthiest girl on campus, so I decided to make a hit on her. What I didn't know was that, she was also as smart as they said and I was caught in my own game.

The financial situation was so horrible and I couldn't bare seeing Serena do what she did so I used that as my opportunity to repay all she did for me. I couldn't make her proud academically just the way Janelle did so I had to look for other alternatives and Claudia was the key to my opportunity. I had a conversation with Claudia, and after that, I chose a life changing decision" he paused and stared at me with an emotionless eyes.

"W..what's that?" I managed to ask.

"She belonged to a mafia, I mean, she was the mafia" he paused again, his eyes searching my eyes for a reaction but I didn't show any, I was so interested in what he had to say.

"Are we just going to stare or would you continue your story?" I raised a brow and for a moment I saw amusement flash in his eyes.

"Through Claudia, I met the Dela-lucchese brothers. Slowly, I became a monster who took lives without remorse, i tortured humans without mercy Luna. I didn't want my sisters finding out what I did so I tried my absolute best to make good grades in my remaining years of college.

I was still with Hilda but we had gotten to that stage of the relationship where no one felt the lack of attention anymore, but it bothered me a little because I still loved her and we had been together for long.

I didn't bother telling her about my lifestyle because I was afraid she'd leave and also, I thought it was going to be a temporary lifestyle, but it came a part of me. Little did I know that my 'girlfriend' knew about it" I was confused as I tried connecting the dot.

"How?"

"Let's just say that I was a pawn in her game for a good number of years. She pretended that she was from a poor family.

While trying to feed mine i also always considered her too, she took advantage of my love for her. She wasn't just taking my hard earned money, she spent it on the 'man she loved.' Her dad belonged to the crime world too so he used her to get to me when he found out who I worked for.

Luckily, I figured out her game on time, but the Marchesis had lost so much already, and Janelle was abducted because of her family. I would have forgiven her if her game ended with me but she had to involve my family. Not just that, she went as far as making decisions that should have involved my say"

He took another pause and this time I saw pain in his eyes.

"What's that?"

"She killed our child" if I haven't been shocked throughout the story, then I was now.

"Y..you had a child?" He nodded and looked away.

"How old were you two?"

"Seventeen" he confessed.

"How.. what... please explain"

"After our high school graduation, she went on a vacation, I didn't know the real reason she left was because she wanted to hide my child from me because she felt that I was incapable of taking care of him financially.

In all honesty, I understood her reason, but we could have communicated about that and draw to a more sensible decision, instead she left him in whatever country she went to. It hurt because whenever I think of what the innocent boy had to pass through because of her negligence and selfishness, I can't help but feel..... I watched the tear roll down his eyes and it made me cry too.

"Russo" I called and went to embrace him. He held me like his life depended on it and if he should leave me I'd disappear.

"Don't ever do that Luna, promise me that whenever we have a disagreement, you'd never make a rash decision? Promise me that whenever you feel your feelings fading away you'd never cheat.... I shut him up with a kiss, taking him off guard. He didn't get a chance to respond to the kiss, I pulled away and cupped his cheeks.

"Those will never happen Russo. I'm here for you, forever. I'd never do anything to hurt you or put what we share in jeopardy, okay?" He pulled me closer by neck and wrapped his lips with mine.

"How did you find out? I mean about your son?"

"Luciano did. He figured her out and that was how she got exposed. She got cheated on by the person she cheated on me with, she realized her father only used her for his selfish game which of course was pointless because Claudia was able to assassinate him.

When my sisters found out about my job they weren't happy but they had to come to accept it.

Finally, we had our financial life firmly built so Janelle and I decided to send Serena back to school, to enable her finish what she had always dreamt of studying. Two years ago I decided to give up on that gruesome life."

"And you chose an illegal one again?" He chuckled and shook his head.

"I said gruesome Tesoro" he pointed out and I rolled my eyes.

"They're both crimes Mr Serrano. By the way, how did you meet Raphael, why does Carina keep blaming you for the accident, and why doesn't she like you?"

"Easy there Tesoro, one question at a time" i grinned sheepishly and offered an apology.

"Well he was one of my racers and occasionally he was hired as a hit man which of course wasn't my fault nor my doings. Raphael told her quite a lot so I'm sure she was aware of my past. The accident was as a result of carelessness nothing more"

"Why did they keep it away from me then?" He held my chin up so I was looking at him.

"It's very normal and sensible for the elder siblings to keep such sensitive information from the younger ones, don't hold it against them, especially Raphael, he did it to protect you" he explained and I nodded in understanding.

"So why did you decide to quit?"

"Because of you" he replied without a thought.

"Huh?" When did I start having issue with my ears, I wondered.

"You heard me Luna, you were the major reason i stopped. I had other reasons, but you were the top reason"

"How? Why?"

"I could have easily found you after our second meeting but that was what made me realize I had a conscience. I realized you were too beautiful and pure for the life I lived. I was trying to protect you from myself Tesoro, that's why I had to let you go.

After Claudia, Luciano and Lucien slowly gave up on that life, I realized my purpose.

I always envied their happiness, but I had to be happy for them although deep down i was hurting, I wanted to have a good life too. It's true when they say riches can't make you happy. Does it make you comfortable? Yes, but having happiness isn't something you can buy with all the wealth in the world.

Serena and Janelle focused on our family business that we built while I took care of Ariana. I tried giving some ladies a chance to show me that they were the one but no one could capture my heart. It felt like my heart was made for someone else, and that's you Luna.

I didn't bother searching for anyone else after three trials because I knew we'd find each other again. So in order to have you in my life and never let go, I had to create a safe heaven for you Tesoro.

Every day that went by, i convinced myself that it was taking destiny too long to reunite us because life was trying to punish me for all my sins" his confession made me melt further into love.

"R...Russo, do you mean every word you said?" I asked, tears gathering in my eyes. He pulled me by my waist onto his thighs.

"Every single word amorè. I love you so much Luna" he confessed and at that moment I thought my heart stopped working.

"R..repeat that" i whispered in his ear, my lips leaving subtle kisses down his neckline, heading towards his jaw. He took in a sharp breath and squeezed my ass tight.

"I love you Luna" he obeyed and immediately I lost control and latched my lips with his.

After we broke the kiss we cuddled on the couch and spoke about random things, and then a particular question popped in.

"Russo" I called quietly while trailing my fingers on his tattoos. "Hmm" he hummed.

"You said you got this jewelry four years ago?" He looked away from my lips and focused his eyes on mine.

"Yes"

"Why did you do that?" He smiled, and pulled me up so I was lying perfectly on his chest while he played with my hair.

"Because I was attracted to you from the very first day, the day we met at the restaurant" I pulled my head up a little, so I could look into his eyes.

"But you said Camila was your girlfriend?" I pouted as I recalled the memory, and a genuine laugh rumbled from his chest.

"Your eyes holds this innocent and purity, I knew who I was back then and I didn't want to ruin that with my lifestyle. You didn't look like the type who'd chase after a guy in a relationship so I had to use that to keep you away, but destiny had its plan.

I got the jewelry a year after, I saw it, you crossed my mind and I bought it as symbol of my hope and faith" he explained and my heart burned wildly.

I didn't know what to say or how to react, so I hugged him tightly, letting the happy tears soak into his neck.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Mafia Queen By malaa

Teen Fiction

601K 16.2K 34
ยฐยฐยฐยฐยฐยฐยฐยฐยฐยฐยฐยฐยฐยฐยฐยฐยฐยฐยฐยฐ I clip off four fingers from his left hand. "I would say that's for touching my shipment but I just wanted to cut off your finge...
449K 18.5K 42
ใ€Ž ๐™‰๐™Š ๐˜ฟ๐™Š๐™๐˜ฝ๐™ ใ€ What happens when a 22-year old lands a job in a restaurant, and meets the owner's son. Excerpt from book: ใ€Š His voice was...
1.3M 29.7K 87
Jasmine Petrova I downed a shot of tequila, allowing the burning liquid to slide down my throat and settle in my stomach. I deserved to have some fun...
99.5K 2.8K 15
"My body lost control. I didn't know exactly how i would react but I did. And when I did, I fucked her...I fucked her pussy so good that her legs wer...