Eight ; Lee Jeno

By authorzlc

One mafia group and a mysterious girl. More

00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
Author's Note
20
Author's Note
21
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49

22

238 12 0
By authorzlc

Jeno's Point of View

"Here." I gave Eight a glass of water. We were now at the rooftop of our house. Eight rested her back on the long metal chair meant for three people. I sat beside her as she gently took the glass from my hand.

"Thanks." She mumbled.

"Eight," I called. She looked at me, waiting for my next words. I want to ask so many things. I want to know her story, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. She has gone through so much at only 19. She's only a year younger than me but I can see how she's scarred already.

"Jeno." She called, still waiting for me to speak.

"Why can't we find your old records? There's no sign of your identity, Eight. Your birth's not even registered anywhere." Eight looked away, her eyes wandering off to the city lights in front of us.

"Jeno, my life is complicated. I was not raised in a beautiful home. My brother and I were raised in the streets. We grew up starving and I had to fight for every left over in the trash just so I could keep my brother alive. When a group of men saw me fighting they took me in— said I was a good addition to their team. I did not know what was going on, but they taught me how to steal and kill. That was when I knew that they put me in a gang, a gang that was known for stealing. I became a thief," Eight paused. "And a killer."

"How about your brother? What happened to him when you were in the gang? Why did Beranios kill him?" I asked.

Eight hesitated to answer, not expecting my sudden question. She brought her lips together as her eyes started to water.

I examined her and her expressions. I did not know if she was trying to buy herself time to think or if she was deeply affected by my question. I waited for her answer nonetheless.

"My brother was with me in the gang. They never made him do anything because he had a heart disease. In exchange, I had to do anything that they wanted. Anything. They said that I owe them my brother's life and that I should follow their orders or else they would kill him for being useless." She paused, sighing.

I looked away from Eight. I couldn't bare to look at her while she was telling her story.

I never should've asked her. She's hurting again.

"Beranios killed my brother when they knew that I was the one who sneaked in their base. I stole from them. Files, gold, money— everything that our gang leader told me. I only followed orders. But when Beranios was alerted of what I did, they attacked our gang. They searched for me. They threatened our members, including our leader that if they did not bring the thief to them they would kill the whole gang. And so our leader betrayed me, he brought my brother to the men of Beranios and he was shot in the heart right away. They did not bring me out because I was still useful to them. They pinned the blame on my brother. You know what's funny though? They killed the whole gang nonetheless. I was too fucking lucky to be able to escape. I should've died there together with my brother." Eight looked at me, her eyes glistening with tears. "So, please don't blame me for being so angry at Beranios. They killed the only person left in my life."

"What about your parents?"

"Gone. My mother left us when we were twelve. My father went missing a year after. I never knew what happened to the both of them. After that, we grew up on the streets."

I hummed in response, nodding my head. I did not know what to say anymore. Her story was truly heartbreaking.

"That's my story, Jeno. I'm left with nothing now. Nothing interesting, right? I never shared with you guys because I knew you would just get bored." Eight tried to humor out, but her eyes stated otherwise. Tears fell to her cheeks. My arm unconsciously rose. Before I knew it, her right cheek was cupped on my hand. I wiped her tears away.

Her Point of View

My eyes were locked with Jeno as he wiped my tears away. His face was softer now. He believed me.

I gave him a small smile and held his hand that was cupped on my cheek. He pulled me closer and placed his arm on my shoulder.

Whatever this is, it shouldn't happen. I couldn't deny anymore that I want him. I want him to wrap his arms around me. I want his hand on my shoulder all the time. I want his lips on mine. I want him. I want Jeno.

But I know I can't.

I shouldn't.

It felt like there was a war going on between my mind and my brain. One second I'm lying to him, the other I want him to hold me.

I pulled away from him and drank the water he gave me. He seemed confused with what I did. "Too fast?" He asked. I did not reply and looked away.

"How did the new godfather take his position?" I asked. My sudden question made Jeno stiffen.

He sighed before he spoke. "It was mentioned to me by one of my trainers before. I never shared it with the group because I know how much they loved the old godfather." Jeno paused and swallowed his saliva. "During the old godfather's reign, Sin Nombre had an enemy: El Señor. El Señor was known as the conqueror of all mafia groups. He was hungry with power. And so, he made a deal with Beranios, Sin Nombre's partner group before."

"We used to be partners with Beranios before?" I asked, eyebrows meeting.

"Yes. Beranios was the only group who was welcome in Sin Nombre's base. The old godfather and the leader of Beranios were very close. It was told that they were family friends. But because Beranios' leader was too weak, he was easily manipulated by El Señor. It was said that Beranios gave all information of Sin Nombre, including the location of their base and the house of the old godfather, to El Señor. Beranios ran away after that, afraid that the godfather might take his revenge, but couldn't anymore as he was killed by El Señor's attack."

What the fuck.

What the actual fuck.

They let this happen?

They did not even resist?

"And you guys just agreed on having El Señor as your leader?!" I angrily questioned.

"Lower down your voice, Eight!" Jeno whispered. "We couldn't do anything. El Señor made everyone in Sin Nombre believe that Beranios was the one who killed our leaders. That is why until now some of the members of Sin Nombre are still angry with Beranios, others simply do not care."

"How about Sueño? How did they react?"

"They were hurt at first. But now, they just think that Beranios is just an old enemy of the old godfather, until they attacked us again. Most think that El Señor saved the group because he saved Sin Nombre from being bankrupt. They said that if it weren't for him, Sin Nombre would be gone. They just accepted him as our new leader."

"Stupid." I mumbled under my breath.

"Stupid, yes. But it was the smartest thing to do. El Señor and his men could easily slaughter the entirety of Sin Nombre if one resists. So, everyone who knew the true story remained silent."

"Including you?" I asked.

"Including me."

Third Person's Point of View

Jeno and Eight parted ways when Eight said that she was tired already. Jeno gave her the rest of the night to gave herself the rest that she needed.

But Jeno was still bothered.

Why did Eight kill Jae Yang? Was she angry? But she's not the type to kill just because she wants too...

There must be a reason...

Did she shut him up...?

Did Jae Yang know something about Eight that she didn't want others to know?

What do they know about Eight?

Thoughts lingered in Jeno's head.

He wasn't the type to believe a story that fast. He needed proof and so, he went to get it.

"Jaemin." Jeno called as he entered Jaemin's room.

Jaemin was sucking on a candy while his hands were busy with his keyboard. He sat in front of his own PC, trying to track Beranios' base. "Oh, hey." Jaemin greeted. Jeno stepped in his room, closing Jaemin's door.

"Is there a way you can hack into Beranios' files?" Jeno asked.

"Yes, but is there anything specific you want to find?"

"Find anything related to Eight." Jeno answered. His answer confused Jaemin.

"Eight? Why would she be on Beranios' files? Is she their target?"

Jeno paused for a while before speaking once more. "No. But they know something about her. Something's going on— something we don't know."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 184 13
When she was In highschool and she was 13 that day. she got bully by some group in school. She drop herself out from school and came back after a yea...
461K 14.6K 92
Nomin. Markhyuck. Chensung.
1.8M 104K 77
↻ Mafia/Gang au ↻"God you're the best thing that has happened to me I swear."
582K 17K 66
MAFIA/GANG AU © wonsfx 2019