Forever Connected

By authoravu

Aisha Arora The heart of the Aroras, the only child of Agam and Nisha Arora she has always been the cool calm... More

CHARACTERS
Playlist<3
Author's note
Prologue
Do-Do Bhabhiyan
His barbie girl
Fikkar
Banna-Banni
Kutta
The 'Jorda'
Dramebaaz
The Reception
Sach
The Drama
Ring Shopping
Ready than ever
Fiance's
The dinner
I'm sorry
Sonhi de nakhre
Apology
Love?
Until...
A kid?
Lean on me
Chinkankari
Chaabi
Takeshi's Castle?
Pooja

Preperations

75 5 0
By authoravu

AISHA
I still didn't have enough power to go and confront my father. I knew I'd meet him tommorow at the engagement but right now I could not physically stand up and move myslef at the thought of going to that house and facing him.

Instead Rachna Maa asked me to come shopping with them, we needed outfits for the engagement. I told her I'd just wear a saree I have since it was not a big deal but she reminded me that I'll only be getting engaged once and hence should live out my dreams. When I say she is my favourite woman I'm not lying, Niya and Ruhi don't even come close.

I stood in front of the mirror of my room, all my clothing reflecting in it piled up all over my closet, I regretted ever buying cloths. After unpacking my suitcases from the wedding my huge closet now felt like a jungle of cloth fibers, but since I would have to pack to move into the Ajuha Mansion in less than a month anyway I let it be as it is.

Yes, I would be moving from this sanctuary. The place I've called home for not more than 2 years. I bought this apartment after my first couple of rounds of celebrity decorating. I had no support and bought it all by myself making me feel even better. It may be only a small penthouse but to me it was heaven.

I finally found some appropriate clothing out of the several piles snd quickly got ready, keeping in mind delhi ki sardi and the fact I'll be running around the mall all day.

I called up Niya to tell her I'd be out in 20 minutes since the mall was really close to me but it would tak them 40 minutes atleast so they should head out.

Walking out of my room I saw Shilpa Aunty, my househelp had already made some incredible sandwiches she knew I loved for me. I found Aunty when I had just moved in here and ever since she's been the mother I never had, scolding me on my wrongs and celebrating me on my rights.

"Goodmorning Aunty, my favorite!" I gave her a small side hug and exclaimed.

"Yes, yes now eat you have to head out" she reminded me just like always.

I had not told her about the wedding yet, I would in a couple days but I can't let go of her just yet. Her incredible sandwiches, her beautiful rangoli making skills on diwali. I'd miss her.

Before even heading out I got a call from Ruhi saying they had reached but I shouldn't hurry since the appointment with the main designer didn't start for another 45 minutes. I took my sweet time making a coffee for myself since I sent out Shilpa aunty for some rest and drove off.

Playing some music in the car like always I started thinking, about the life I would have in less than a month, about how many changes there would be, what if I can't adjust? The thoughts creeped in like always making everything around me numb. To shake off the feeling I thought about the good stuff, maa showering me with her love, the sleepovers I'd have with Niya, random midnight kitchen talks with Vedant and raiding Ruhi's closet whenever I need to but most of all Aadvik. I knew I'd have him beside me and that felt good.

As I slowly crept into the parking I got a call from Niya saying that they were going to the designer shop. I made my way into the mall and spotted Ruhi, Niya and Maa standing there waiting for me in front of the shop. All of them greeted me with huge hugs as always. We went inside to a private showing room where the store manager met us.

"Hello everyone!" The man who had a name tag as 'Rajesh Verma' greeted us. He went into a dive about Maa's outfit, seeing me confused Niya whispered and told me that Maa and him had been classmates in school and in every event she is styled by his store.

"So Rachna which one here is the beautiful bride to be?" He asked after a long conversation with mom as we girls perused through different dresses that were up on the hangers.

"Oh that would be her, my elder daughter in law." Maa replied gently pulling me towards her by holding my arm. I gave them a small smile and took out my hands towards him, "Hello, I'm Aisha."

He was met with enthusiasm after shaking my hand, "Well Aisha let's get you engagement ready!"
I gave him a nod of acknowledgment, he exited the room and came back in a while with three more employees, all of their hands teaming with beautiful pieces of clothing.

My eyes widened at the view, piles on piles of intricately worked lehengas, gowns, and so much more.

"You guys start looking through these whatever you like Aisha, Nisha here will help you put them aside and try on." He clarified pointing towards a girl, she gave me a small smile.

We started looking through the different pieces and after a good half an hour of looking at dresses the four of us collectively chose about 20 dresses for me to try on. As I started moving towards the trial room Maa stopped me.

"Beta wait for a couple minutes, Abhi is also coming. We can get the same kurtas for him too. Both of you can try them together." She said stopping me. Didn't he have meetings all day? He told me so yesterday.

Looking at my face she continued. "I got him to skip the other half of his day today so you guys can choose the outfits together." She informed.

Just as she said that, Aadvik emerged in his usual black tux. His black shirt underneath doing justice to his body as he walked over, his head buried into his phone.

After reaching us he pocketed his phone and bent to touch mom's feet, she patted his back and then hugged him, planting a small kiss on his head as if he's a small kid. I love how expressive the Ahuja's are, it was the first similarity I noticed in Niya and Vedant.

His gaze then met mine as he gave me small smirk when he saw me ogling his abs under that shirt.

"Jaldi jaldi iske size me inn dresses ke matching ke kurte dikhado please" Mom said to Nisha, who had been helping us.

In under 15 minutes Aadvik's kurtas had been brought over. His eyes widened at the number.

We were quickly sent off to try out the first outfit chosen.

Before going into the fitting room Aadvik saw me keeping my purse on the chair beside his room and passed me his phone and wallet, "apne bag me rakhle" he said and walked into the room. Niya and Ruhi widened their eyes at the view. When I asked them what happened the two simultaneously replied "bhaiya never lets anyone touch his phone or wallet".
Isme kya intresting hai! I thought.

I emerged from the trial room in a simple beige skirt with golden flowers on it, for the blouse I wore a blue-green top with different coloured threads embroidering the entire piece over it all I took the matching dupatta and draped it over my shoulder.

The look made me gasp in the mirror, all four of us loved the piece the second we saw it and that's why I tried it on first.

I walked out the room struggling because the lehenga was a bit too long without heels on, my stupid ass didn't think to wear heels and wore sneakers.

Niya being the drama she is opened her jaw, audibly gasping and kept her hand on Ruhi's shoulder for support making us all burst into laughter. As all of us laughed Niya yet again repeated the same actions, I turned to see Aadvik, irritated as fuck, standing outside his trial room with a HUGE kurta that matched the colour of my blouse. My eyes widened at the view as I pursed my lips in hope of containing my laughter.

But my attempt failed as Niya added, "That one was of horror" she said refering to her action.

Me and Maa started flat out laughing our hearts out so hard I had to hold my stomach with Aadvik glaring at us like we'd comitted a crime until he finally started going back into the changing room.

I ran towards him controlling my laughter to keep him from changing. With a huge grin on my face I held his arm and turned him towards all of us.

"Kya" he whined furrowing his brows together. Aww cute, I thought.

"Khadoos chird gaya!" I exclaimed and continued to pout like a small kid.

After a moment Aadvik chuckled a bit making me burst into action.

I got a clip from Nisha and moved to his back, I held the extra cloth from Aadvik's Kurta on his waist and tightly clipped it up, making it look absolutely perfect in the front.

"Isha we can't get it in time" he said turning his neck to look at me.

I knew by the treatment we got here that in one day anything could happen. But I still asked Nisha to confirm without answering Aadvik.

"Nisha, can we get his size by tommorow morning?"

"Yes ma'am, for you anything." She claimed with a smile on her lips. I made my way back to the front after adjusting the clip one last time.

Dammit he looked good, not how every guy looks good but he looked hazaaro me se ek good.

I finally stood up and planted myself next to him so that I could see how the outfits looked together.

The green of my blouse matched his kurta perfectly with his coller having the same embroidery.

Maa declared that there need to be no more try ons. 'Both my children look pieces of hevean' she said.

Again I tell you, I love her.

Ruhi agreed with Mom but Niya needed us to try on the outfits she really loved.

Aadvik was annoyed at this point considering the time he'd spent listening to everyone gush about how good we looked together and he apperently loved the outfits already so it was decided that we'd wear these.

Rajesh got my lehenga personally packed since the fitting was already perfect and confirmed that Aadvik's kurta would be ready by 9 am tommorow. I insisted I pick it up on my way over since the mall was a long ride from their home and after much convincing he finally agreed.

Tommorow I'd be getting engaged, not only to Aadvik but also connected to a family with love, with kindness and most of all with happiness. Something I always craved.

HELLO CUTUS,
SORRY FOR THE POSTPONED CHAPTER, I WAS REALLY BUSY.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 6.5K 61
This is the story of Arohi Singhal. Arohi is a 19-year-old girl from Udaipur. She belongs to a middle-class family. Arohi is a polite, well-spoken an...
1.2M 72.1K 105
(Apart Series - Book 1) Dev Kapoor... Popularly called DK!!! 31 year old hot headed, carefree, badass was currently the most talked and successful bu...
160K 7.7K 34
Vivaan Rajput: A 28 year old billionaire of few words, holding an aura which can bring anyone to their knees, he is president of Rajput industries. T...
5.1M 363K 142
'Maanvi Arora' and 'Sharanya Bisht', whose lives are completely different from each other. But if the life is different, the luck should also be diff...