Riptide

By ScobellTheSlytherin

In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
A/N: PLEASE READ
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28 (Random convos and gc)
29
30
Thanksgiving at the Scobells?
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67 (birthday posts)
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100!!!
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110

51

2.4K 62 62
By ScobellTheSlytherin

Our friends filed onto the court and congratulated us, complimenting Walker's hidden volleyball skills as we gathered our stuff.

Walker gave James's stuff back as we waited by Heather for the refs to get everything in order.

"And with this last game, the CCV Tournament is over. The places stand as, Planet Fitness's team in 6th place." The ref announced, the purple team coming up and getting one of the 3 small trophies.

"Power Up Fitness in 5th place!" Another ref said, the Green team coming up and grabbing a small trophy.

"Iron Bear Fitness in 4th place!" The first ref continued, white grabbing the last small trophy.

"In 3rd place, Anytime Fitness!" The second ref announced, 3 of the Blue team's players running up to grab their 3rd place trophy.

"And in 2nd place, after one of the closest matches we've seen in a long time, AAU Volleyball!" The first ref said, Brady Noon and one other Red team player running up for their 2nd place trophy.

"And that leave MDV Volleyball in 1st place!" The second ref said as Josh, Payton and I went up for the trophy, coming back to a cheering team.

My coaches decided to let Walker keep the extra jersey, since he helped us win first place.

🏐🏐🏐

My mom and dad-who were 4 of our rides-had earlier went out to get us food, leaving us at the gym.

Apparently, multiple players didn't have a ride, because sitting outside with us were 2 from the blue team, 3 from the white team, Walker, Aryan, Mo, Leah and I, along with Brady Noon.

Brady walked over, giving Walker an amused look. "Thought you didn't play."

"I don't usually, but when Del comes calling." Walker shrugged, putting his arm around my shoulders.

"Oh be quiet." I laugh, pushing his arm off of me.

"So I'm confused, are you two dating?" Brady asked, making Mo and Aryan go 'oooh'.

"Technically, no." Aryan answered. "But they sure act like it, don't they."

"You forget that was our job for like, 4 months." I roll my eyes, flicking his forehead.

"I thought I recognized you guys." Brady nodded. "All of you guys, actually."

I raised my eyebrows, usually people didn't really recognize Aryan since his more popular project was when he looked younger.

"You're, correct me if I'm wrong, Leah Jeffries right? From the show Rel?" Brady asked, his hands in his hoodie pocket.

"That's..actually correct." Leah nodded, impressed.

"Well this seems like a creepy conversation so I'll just say it. Walker Scobell and Delphi Reynolds, The Adam Project." I interjected.

"Along with many Marvel movies for Del here." Walker adds.

"Momona Tamada, Babysitter's Club and To All The Boys I Loved Before, part 2. Among others." Mo says.

"Aryan Simhadri, The Main Event." Aryan laughs, clearly confused by the entire conversation.

"Oh, you need no introduction." Brady laughed, looking at me. "I fucking love Marvel."

Walker laughed with him as I dug around in my bag for my hoodie, only succeeding in pulling Walker's out. The one he made me carry of course.

"I'm stealing this." I tell him, pulling it on before he can object.

"Cute, well anyways, nice to meet you." Leah says, pointing to a car that just arrived in the parking lot. "That's my mom, bye guys." Leah waved and walked off.

A quick look around told me that it was only the 4 of us and Brady left waiting for a ride.

That quickly changed when my dad pulled up, Walker's suitcases visible through the very back windows. Apparently my dad went and got them so we could bring Walker to the airport.

"That's us." Aryan says, standing up and rubbing the dirt off his butt.

"Oh, well, it was nice to meet you guys." Brady says, sticking out his hand.

I shake his hand awkwardly, seeing as he was directing it toward me, and felt a piece of paper in my hand when he pulled away.

I saw him smirk at me as he walked off and we walked toward my dad's car. I slipped the paper into my pocket as we got into the car.

🏐🏐🏐

30 minutes later and we were in the airport, about 20 feet from Walker's gate, boarding in 10 minutes.

I could tell he was getting a bit misty eyed as he hugged his mom and dad goodbye, messing up Tanner's hair before hugging him and Leena.

They said goodbye to us as well before leaving, Heather crying and everyone else with sad expressions.

Walker gave Mo a one arm hug. Not much of a goodbye since he was filming in Canada and they could see each other whenever.

My dad was next, hugging Walker before telling him that he was proud of him, patting his shoulder before going to wait in the car so us kids could have a moment.

Mo was crying a bit, obviously sad to see him go.

Aryan and Walker did their handshake for the last time for a while, hugging each other after-which is the first time I'd ever seen them do that.

That alone made me feel like crying, but Mo pulled me over to join the hug, giving Walker a group hug as he laughed sadly.

"I love you guys." Walker said as we pulled away from the group hug. "I'll be back soon. And we'll all, I mean all have a sleepover at my house. Ok?"

Aryan could only nod, his cheeks stained with tears as he and Mo left, giving us a moment.

Walker looked into my eyes, and hugged me tightly as he started crying.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly as I felt his tears hitting my-his jacket.

"I don't want to go." Walker whispered, his voice cracking.

"I know. And I don't want you to go." I say back. "But it's alright, this is a big opportunity for you."

On a quick idea, I had grabbed my most oversized hoodie out of my closet and brought it with me to my game. And on another quick thought, I brought it into the airport with us.

"Here." I say, pulling back and grabbing it off the bench beside us. "I have yours, now you have mine. Don't forget to wear it."

Walker chuckled softly before pulling the hoodie on, smiling up at me. "Will you be my girlfriend already Delphi?"

I felt my cheeks heat up, but reality hit me. "Ask me when you get back. And then I'll say yes."

He sighed softly but smiled anyways. "I'll be back faster than you'll realize."

"Are you coming back for Mo's birthday next month?" I ask as the terminal announces 3 minutes until boarding.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world." He says, and that's how I know he means it. "Wear blue, and I'll match you. I promise."

"I'll wear blue." I say as he turns toward the terminal.

1 minute.

"You're my best friend. I love ya Delphi." Walker says.

"Come back to me in one piece." I reply.

Walker nods softly before pressing a light kiss to my lips, then walking off to board his plane.

I feel myself crying as he looks back at me with a sad smile, saluting me before getting onto his plane.

I look down and I can see the bench in the corner of my eye.

And there's a teddy bear.

A light brown teddy bear is sitting on the bench beside me, facing where Walker was standing minutes ago.

I grab the bear, hugging it tightly as I move to the window, watching as his plane takes off.

He's gone.

🏐🏐🏐

Notification Center
New from Instagram: @BradyNoon is now following you

@BradyNoon
8.20.21
6:40 pm

B. Noon: Good game, took home 2nd place💅🏽
📸 Coach Bree

Liked by Connor.Noon, FrJavon, Drake, NoonFanPage, and 60,201 more
4,736 comments

@BrandyHorton: Anyone wondering, we took 1st @MDVGym 😎
   ↪️@NoonFanPage: Lol congrats

@NoonFanPage: OMG CONGRATS BRADY
   ↪️@ConnorNoon: Can ya stop yelling
   ↪️@BradyNoon: They just got a crushy crush on ya Connie

@LeahSavaJeffries: It was cool to meet you
   ↪️@BradyNoon: Yeah fs same to you

@ItsDelphiReynolds: Are we going to talk about how you slipped your number into my hand earlier?
   ↪️@BradyNoon: Sure, if ya text me
   ↪️@ItsDelphiReynolds: You're trying real hard to rizz up aren't you

@ItsDelphiReynolds
8.20.21
8:35 pm

D. Reynolds: Walker. I'll wear blue when I see you, pinky promise. I'll see you in a month, my most relatable best friend. I'll say yes when you get back, and I mean when you get back for good. I love ya Walkie Talkie, be safe and come back in one piece for me🫶🏼
P.S: Thanks for the bear

Liked by MomonaT, leenascobell, AryanSimCard, JNorman, and 100,381 more
13,395 comments

@MomonaT: I swear, @WalkerScobell, if I'm in Delphi's part of LA for my birthday next month and you're not, I'm going to kill you. I swear to the gods. (There, Delph, I used plural)
   ↪️@ItsDelphiReynolds: Mo, he's on the plane, he won't answer.
   ↪️@MomonaT: I know. I'm also crying, so go to the groupchat please. I know you probably need more comfort than the rest of us.
   ↪️@ItsDelphiReynolds: Don't say that

@AryanSimCard: What am I going to do without your idiocy, @WalkerScobell? I'll see you soon dude, don't forget our handshake.
   ↪️@leenascobell: He would never

@McKennaGrace: There goes Keith and Walker.
   ↪️@LeahSavaJeffries: I know it's not the same but I'm here
   ↪️@DanielST101: Same

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

261K 6K 58
I KNOW THIS IDEA IS OVERUSED We all know Tris's side of the story, but what about Four's? This story will take you into Four's mind, revealing his t...
Jake! By

Romance

42.8K 712 16
Easy read fanfic about Jake Gyllenhaal. Do you fancy plot with a good smattering of smut? Jake and Grace are the couple for you :) Thank you to every...
83.9K 1.9K 28
As the days pass, it still doesn't seem real. All George wants is to have Fred back. He keeps writing letters in hopes of a response.
26.4K 253 14
You have a sister named Marisa. She has a smokin hot boyfriend named Hardin Scott. You don't really give him any notice, until one day. What happens...