Miracles don't exist || Theod...

Od Sheeple02

Being the Dark Lord's daughter and raised under the strict supervision of the Malfoy's is no easy life. Espec... Více

Chapter 1: The Quidditch World Cup finale
Chapter 2: Nice Slytherins
Chapter 3: Well mannered friends
Chapter 4: The tri-wizard tournament
Chapter 5: The first task
Chapter 6: Christmas is in the air
Chapter 7: 12 Grimmault Place
Chapter 8: Friends? Friends
Chapter 9: Something fishy
Chapter 10: The greatest nightmare
Chapter 11: Home not so sweet home
Chapter 12: Innocent defiance
Chapter 13: An eventful summer
Chapter 14: A DE in the DA
Chapter 15: Like hot coals
Chapter 16: Mother knows best
Chapter 17: Exploding hippogriffs
Chapter 18: I'm on her side
Chapter 19: The Department of Mysteries
Chapter 20: Just like the lot of them
Chapter 21: Bliss
Chapter 22: Protection
Chapter 23: The Greatest Gift
Chapter 24: Popcorn, sandalwood, and tulips
Chapter 25: Floating snails
Chapter 26: Heavy heart, truthful words
Chapter 27: Teddy
Chapter 28: Without you, my heart doesn't know peace
Chapter 29: Sectumsempra
Chapter 30: Battle of the Astronomy Tower
Chapter 31: Important tasks
Chapter 32: Love
Chapter 34: Stay and leave
Chapter 35: The cellar
Chapter 36: Extreme security measures
Chapter 37: Heartbroken and vengeful
Chapter 38: The day I lost you
Chapter 39: Till Death do us part
Chapter 40: As the world caves in
Epilogue

Chapter 33: Heavy silks

463 14 6
Od Sheeple02

Your feet ache and the dress the seamstresses are anxiously fitting on you is heavy. The rich silk which feels soft against your skin. One of the ladies accidentally pricks you with a needle and you flinch. She starts to stutter out apologies as your aunt and Bellatrix hover nearby, glaring at the poor woman.

But you pay them no attention. Rather, you are focused on the Daily Prophet in your hands. There you are- the front page of the Daily Prophet standing behind Pius Thicknesse and next to Delores Umbridge. You look cold and heartless, a serious look on your face. You like what is expected of you by everybody.

Dolores — you're taking delight in calling that miserable toad by her first name since she can't do anything about it — has a satisfied smile on her face.

You don't even want to talk about Yaxley and Runcorn. Creeps.

What, however, saddens you the most is that your true identity was revealed with this arctice. Full name and all underneath the picture taken during the speech.

From left to right:

Albert Runcorn, Dolores Umbridge, (Y/n) Riddle, Heir of the Dark Lord, Pius Thicknesse, and Corban Yaxley.

It sickens you that they had to include the fact about who you're a child of.

You feel people look at you and you quickly put away the papers, focusing instead on the others in the room. "I'm sorry?"

"How does the dress feel?", repeats Aunt Cissy her question as she sits on a chase in the corner, her eyes slightly watery.

You look at yourself in the mirror. Smoothing your hands over the bodice of the dress, you frown. It doesn't really look like a you would have wanted to wear. But the Lord himself insisted that the fabrics must be in traditional Slytherin colours. Being prideful of our house and forefathers and whatnot.

"Good", you manage to croak out, not having spoken at all today. There was no need for you to. Every aspect of the wedding is already decided or is being decided by someone else.

Bellatrix raises one eyebrow. "Just good?"

You shake your head. "No. Great. I love it! It's just what I always dreamed of." You give the seamstresses your best and brightest smile. But you know it doesn't reach your eyes.

"May I be excused?", you ask to nobody in particular. You have to get out. Out of the dress. Out of the Mannor. Away.

Once you're released from your dress, you hurry outside. One part of the garden is off-limits to anyone except you and anyone you bring with you. You've heard Death Eaters discuss the place and that they have deemed it an honour to be invited by you to that corner of the garden. Ugh, as if.

When you finally reach it, someone's already seated on the stone bench located in the middle. You round the bench and go sit next to Draco, whose shoulders are sagged.

"How's Theodore?", he asks, not looking at you.

"He's fine. Getting his tux fitted right now."

"How are you?"

Now that is a loaded question. "Fine", you answer curtly, but both of you know that that is not true. You've been far from 'fine'. "Absolutely miserable. But I imagine that I speak for the three of us."

Your cousin looks at you. He is paler than he has ever been. Obviously has he not been eating and sleeping well. You know for a fact that if you didn't have Theo you would be in the same state.

"Are you ready for tomorrow?"

Leaning over, you rest your head against his shoulder. You sniff and swallow the lump in your throat. There is no need to answer Draco's question. Of course, you're not. Nobody is ready to unwillingly marry at seventeen.

You hesitate for a moment, questioning yourself if you can really ask that of him. You instead bite the bullet and just ask it. "Will you give me away?"

Draco senses up, snapping his head towards you. "What?", he asks incredulously.

"Tomorrow. Will you give me away? My... father won't be there, too busy with himself. And I want to not be it anyone other than you."

Draco's speechless. His mouth opens and closes like a goldfish as he stares at you. You give him a small, unsure smile. Just as you want to take your words back and tell him to forget you asked, he engulfs you in a tight hug.

"Thank you", he whispers, "I would be honoured."

There is a knock on your door as you sit alone in your bedroom, the stylists just having left and let you be by yourself for a moment. Picking up the many layers of skirts of your dress, you make your way over to the door.

Cracking it open just a smidge you're surprised to find Theo. "What are you doing here?", you whisper-shout, looking around the hall. "It's bad luck if you see me before the ceremony."

"I wanted- needed to see you."

You take his hand and pull him into your room. He presses his forehead against yours as he smiles. "Hi", he whispers.

"Hi", you whisper back, smiling shyly. You caress his face and push back the locks that escaped his gelled hair. "Your hair is stubborn", you giggle.

Theo's eyes flicker over your face, leaning into your touch. "I didn't think you could even look more beautiful than Yule Ball. I love to be proven wrong." He gives you a quick kiss before holding you at arm's length and ordering you to spin.

You do so and the many in your hair shimmer in the sunlight. Your gown balloons around you and it makes you smile to see the adoration on Theo's face.

He looks good. Theo's wearing a with embroidered sleeves in a matching shade of green to your dress. The embroidery shimmers in the light, giving the effect of it moving on its own.

Theo pats his jacket in search of something and pulls out a small box from one of the inside pockets. He looks unsure for a moment before getting down on one knee and opening the box. A beautiful golden with a pearl in the middle that's enchanted to display little pearlescent swirls within.

"I know we're doing this backwards... but will you do me the honour of marrying me?" Theo looks up at you, his brows knitted together and his hands shaky.

You stand breathlessly for a moment, your eyes fixed on the ring. Slowly you nod as a smile breaks out on your face. "It would be nothing more I wish than to marry you."

He jumps up from his kneeled position and takes you in his arms, swirling you around. You kiss him while he slips the ring on your finger. You look at it and clutch your hand to your chest, running your thumb over the stone.

A harsh knock on the door pops the little happy bubble the two of you are in. "Quick, hide", you whisper, pushing him behind an armchair. You open the door and peek outside. A relieved sigh escapes you as it is only Draco.

"You haven't seen Theodore by chance, have you?"

You pull him inside before locking the door and tell Theo to come out. His head of brown curls pops from behind the high back of the chair as he gets up to his feet.

Draco smiles as Theo naturally gravitates towards you, his hand searching yours. "They are looking for you. It is about to start."

Theo gives your hand a squeeze as he leans in for a kiss. "See you soon", he says with a smile, giving one last kiss before leaving the room.

You sigh. Now that he left, the anxiousness you've been feeling all day returns. Pacing the room, you drag your dress behind you as you chew on your cheek, not wanting to ruin the lipstick.

A hand suddenly takes ahold of your own and you turn to look at Draco. He gives you a sad smile that wordlessly tells you that it is time.

From the way to the room where the ceremony will be held is all a blur until the double doors are opened for you and everybody turns around. You tightly clutch Draco's arm as he leads you down the aisle, towards Theo.

At the end stands your only driving force for your feet to be moving. He has a soft smile on his face and eyes filled with love. Once you've reached the end without a hitch, Draco extends his arm and places your hand in Theo's. The two boys share a look before your cousin takes a step back.

Much of the ceremony is the same haze. The only thing you can focus on is your heavily beating heart and those warm brown eyes peering into your own. You follow the orders of the officiant to place the golden robes over Theo's shoulders and clasp the bracelet with your house crest, his house crest, and the rune of love around his wrist. Theo does the same to you, tracing your knuckles once the bracelet is secured on both of your wrists by magic.

Once the bracelet merges with your skin, the officiant says; "and with the power invested in me by the Ministry, I pronounce you husband and wife. You may share your first kiss as a married couple."

Your eyes meet Theo's and you close the gap, closing your eyes and pressing your lips against his. You cup his face as he leans into you, wrapping his hands around your middle.

For just a moment, it's the two of you. Not the room full of Death Eaters. No expectant stares, empty looks and contestant sneers. It's just you and your now husband.

Merlin, how great it feels to finally say that.

You close your eyes, breathing in deeply. "I love you, Teddy."

Theo beams up at you. "I love you too."

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

74K 1.2K 42
𝐔𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐚𝐣𝐨𝐫 𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠!! Y/n Malfoy is the adopted daughter of the Malfoy family. Although her family is rich and powerful she still do...
102K 3.7K 33
Amy Riddle - your average Heir of Slytherin. Last year, she was given the task of befriending Harry Potter. This year, after going through drama, dea...
17M 454K 117
Y/N Moonshine, the great granddaughter of Merlin himself. Her journey through Hogwarts School Of Witchcraft and Wizardry leave people slightly cautio...
78.6K 1.6K 89
Y/N arrives at Hogwarts ready to start a new life at school, she's fallen in love but it comes with way more challenges than she expected. Will they...