My Nightmare

By preshawrites

[Target- 1k followers in 2024?] Girls are bound to fall for red flags, so does Avantika. But before she real... More

Copyright
๐•ฏ๐–Š๐–‰๐–Ž๐–ˆ๐–†๐–™๐–Ž๐–”๐–“
๐•ฎ๐–๐–†๐–—๐–†๐–ˆ๐–™๐–Š๐–— ๐–†๐–Š๐–˜๐–™๐–๐–Š๐–™๐–Ž๐–ˆ
Glimpse
00: PART ONE
ONE
TWO
FOUR
FIVE
FIVE (CONTINUED)
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
๐“๐“ฎ๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ฌ๐“ผ
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
๐˜ผ๐™š๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™˜๐™จ
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
New Book
TWENTY
Part II
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
๐Œ๐ฒ ๐’๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ ๐–๐š๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ
TWENTY THREE

THREE

253 9 1
By preshawrites

[Edited Chapter]
(Don't forget to play the song)

Past. Ranbir. Videos. Crime.

Neighbours are supposed to be our friends, whom we can rely on and trust well with our safety.
Ranbir Khanna is my neighbour and the worst person I have ever met.

LAlong with Jay's abusing, I have a long history with him too which only Sarah and I know. It's a sensitive topic for me and also the reason for my anxieties.

And also, he's old like my father's age but due to the scenes and troubles that he have caused in my life, there's no way I'm going to call him "Uncle".

I cannot fear him for the rest of my life, deciding this I replied to all of Ranbir's noisy comments.
"Useless" the word reminded me of many things that happened in the past, because of this bastard. Ignoring his comments, I tried to remain calm and sassy, but the fact that I was hell lot of uncomfortable and scared couldn't be denied.

Ranbir raised his voice making me slightly flinch at it. I was having a hard time to control my tears until he spoke in a cold sexy tone. This was the first time ever that someone took a stand for me. Someone whom I don't even know.

A stranger with whom nothing felt strange.

Everything was so comfortable and then the ride that he gave me on his cycle, was enough for the zoo eruption in my stomach.

Before he could say that how does he know about me studying in this classes, his back stiffened at the call on his phone and he left the second after ending the call, without waving me a bye.

It's not like I wanted a stranger to wave at me, but- ughh anyways, there's no point of going to the class now.

Shit! Amid the chaos, I forgot about Sarah! I quickly dialed her but she didn't pick it up, instead I received a text-

"I am already up in the class, lecture is about to end, and the other lecture is cancelled, you owe me girl for making me wait!"
"Gossip pending of what took you so long to come."
Sarah texted. And I replied "sure!"

I was about to leave when I saw his wallet on the ground and so, I'm currently on my way to give him this back.

Afterall, I wasn't going to leave the wallet there for it to go in wrong hands, and this is the least thing I can do for a stranger who helped me.

On my way, I saw "Pie or Die" the best sweet shop in town and instantly thought of taking a cupcake for him.

Normal Avantika wouldn't do this for anyone except her family members, but I am curious to know more about that stranger, atleast his name and how does he knows about my classes. Is he a stalker?

Thinking about all this I reached the address mentioned on the card that was in this wallet. I wouldn't have opened it but my curious ass, who just wants to know about him, did.

My eyes then went towards the beautiful bungalow in front of me.

His house is wonderful, just like him.

Fallen on the road, and on his cycle I kept on admiring him.

He looked cold, tough guy, which wouldn't have helped me, but the way he replied to Ranbir, for a second, I could see the gentleman and sense sweetness in his heart, which he kept covered under the cold personality of his.

His short brown curls of his hair that reached the top of his brows, and a small mole on his nose with that greyish eyes and muscular body made him look like a Greek God.

(*imagine him in a normal tshirt--classes outfit*)

His long slender fingers that touched my lips were so cold because of the cool weather and I cannot get my mind off the way he called me babydoll.

That sounded so...nice that again the butterflies in my stomach eroded just by thinking about it.

Before I could create any more fake scenarios I reminded myself-- 'Stop it Avantika, these things aren't made for you. Guys like him, doesn't deserves to be with me. I'm a problematic human being whose each day is fucked up.'

Just when I think it can't get worse anymore, it does. It's better to stay away from sweethearts like him.

"wese bhi ek stranger hai, madat Karli, baat khatam. Don't think much about it now"

Must say, Inner voices are right sometimes.

He probably must have forgotten this incident, so even I should forget it and move on.

It's been almost one and a half hour, I guess I should go inside, give the wallet and leave as soon as possible.

Before I could knock, I heard a screeching sound of a cycle being parked harshly.

🦥🦥

It's ironic, how a single sentence can turn your life upside down.
I'm rooted in my place as if someone has taken my soul away, after
Mr. Brady revealed an unpleasant, unexpected news.

It's been 2 years since we found any devastating news about Sophia's death, until today.

"What are you thinking?" Mr Brady questioned in a deep voice, raising his brows, not knowing about the roller coaster of feelings going on inside my heart.

Being sympathetic and caring gets you nowhere. I should have remained that cold hearted angry person even with her. I wanted to, but I couldn't.

I don't even know why I took a stand for her. I ain't any King Kong from the movies who'll save the girl from cruel world or something.

"Nothing. Can you run a check on the DNA reports again?" I asked in a cold tone as usual; trying my best to not slam my hand on the wall releasing my anger.

"I can, but why? Instead of asking me to go and issue an arrest warrant on her, why do want to waste time?" Mr. Brady asked in a deadly voice, showing how cold he is, more than me.

After his daughter,and my bestfriend- Sophia's death he turned into a dead hearted person, and his voice and occupation is enough to send shivers to one's spine.

"Because you may have the wrong person." I said looking at the picture in front of me and crossing my hands over my chest.

Dark brown eyes, pink plump lips, a smile that enhances her look, slim fit body, just like a princess. With a tint of fear in her eyes, stands Avantika Avasthi looking at the dog in that photo.

According to Mr. Brady, the one who's DNA matches with a bit of blood inside that car in which Sophia got kidnapped, is of Avantika's.

Mr. Brady won't do any mistake in finding the culprit, but only if, bychance, maybe, there's a slight mistake. There can be, right?

Doesn't matter if Mr. Brady has one of the top teams searching for the culprit, even they are humans, they can make mistakes, right?

I don't know why, but I'm thinking of every possibility, every chance, that she's not the one. She Can't Be.

I have looked straight into her eyes the first time I met her, it surely holds fear and trauma but more than that it holds purity of heart and soul, it holds the joyous love and care for everyone around her, making everyone beleive to live life, giving hopes that life can get better each day, if you try to make it worth living.

Funny, how those glorious eyes makes my heart beat faster everytime I look into it. It makes me believe that I'm not a terrible person, even though I am.

She thinks that world is pure like her, only if she knew that devil like me are still alive.

How can I believe now? That she may be the one who killed my best friend?
That the one who gave me reason to live is also the reason for my heart's deepest scars.

I don't know what to think or what to do, all i know is I Have to Stay Away from her.

She's pure unlike me, she doesn't deserve a person like me who'll only give her pain in the end.

"You still here? I told you 5 minutes back that I'll make a call and get the reports checked. You can leave, go home and get some rest, son." Mr. Brady spoke, bringing me back to suffocating reality.

"Also, mind telling me, how may I have got the wrong person?" He asked.

I didn't realised that I was still glued here.

"She's my- She's someone I may know" I said and Mr. Brady hummed, thankfully not dragging more about her.

I couldn't say that she's my friend, because technically we aren't yet. And what if she has a bit of involvement in this?

What kind of guy would I be, if I was friends with his late best friend's murderer. I cannot consider her as my friend. As of now.

I left the department and drove my cycle as fast as I could, making my legs tremble a bit because of the cold breeze touching my skin.

I need to reach home before I do something stupid like scream in the middle of nowhere or punch that couple who's showing PDA at the corner of the street.

Within 30 minutes I reached the entrance of my home only to regret coming back here, this early.

She's standing right outside my house, with a box, I don't know contains what.

I moved towards her and she greeted me with a smile.
"Hey, while you left from there, you dropped your wallet- here!"
Avantika said, handing me the wallet.

"And this" she said after I took my wallet from her hand while passing the box to me.

"What's this?" I asked in a dead tone, frowning at her.

"A sweet for my sweetheart!"

I was stunned at her sudden flirty comment, ofcourse she didn't mean that but it was enough to make my heart flutter.

Seeing shock on my face, she bursted into laughter-
"Omg, look at your face" she said between her laughs.

She surely looks like a princess while laughing. My principessa.
God, I cannot get over from giving her nicknames.
Bringing my attention back to her.

Her soothing laugh is like a warm breeze that covers my cold wounds like a blanket.

The urge to pin her against the wall, and devour each corner of her mouth and lips, while she smiles on my lips will get me into trouble.
Before I could do anything that I'll regret, I rudely said to her-

"I don't want it. You may leave." And slammed the door on her face as I walked inside my house.

She's my forbidden fruit, which I want to eat everyday in my life, but I can't. It's for her betterment.

My phone rang again- hardly an hour had just passed but Mr. Brady already had the reports checked.

The next moment after picking up the call and hearing his statement shook me to the core.

"The reports are correct. The DNA we found, matches with Avantika Avasthi. We have filed an arrest warrant already, and are on our way to arrest her. You can come if you want. Bye."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Avantika Avasthi is a murderer??

How will Akshay react after knowing this?

What is the real story behind Sophia's death?

Add this to your reading list to know!!

************

Hey lovelies!

This chapter took a lot of my time, and it would be appreciated if you spare a minute to vote, comment and share this story with your friends.

Let me know your favourite sentences and scenes!

Till then..bubbye✨

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.7K 911 58
An internal voice told me to "call him," but I chose not to. I dismissed it once more, saying, "He never liked me anyway." I am stuck in my dilemma...
3K 204 29
you must have heard many stories about how two people who are forced to marry become lover of eternity and then, there is a villainess who is also hi...
158K 4.3K 21
Arisela's life has been a never-ending rollercoaster. She is a beautiful, smart, talented girl; she had dreams that she wanted to fulfill, just like...
136K 4K 19
โThat's the thing about love. It isn't going to be easy, it isn't going to be smooth, but it's going to be worth it. Because sometimes you have to ta...