Habibi

By -MaddieHatter2-

Stefan Salvatore missed her. He missed the way her eyes light up. He missed the way her hair shined in the s... More

Memories
1
2

3

363 22 3
By -MaddieHatter2-

AN: Writing this chapter was interesting for me. Hope you enjoy it!

___________________

Season 1, Episode 14: Fool Me Once

Bonnie and Sheila sit at a table, talking about what just happened.

"How did you know where we were?" Bonnie asked after being unable to figure out how her Grams knew.

Sheila gave her a serious look. "Many things can fuel a witches power. Worry. Anger. After Stefan told me they had taken you, I had a lot of both. Simple locater spell was easy after that."

Bonnie looked apologetic. "I'm sorry. About all of this."

"Not as sorry as they're gonna be." Sheila said, smirking.

A moment later, Stefan and Elena enter the room.

"So what do we do now?" Elena asked.

"Well, for now, you need to stay here." Stefan told them, knowing they wouldn't be completely safe otherwise.

Sheila scoffed. "A prisoner, in my own home? I don't think so."

"I can't protect you if you leave the house." Stefan protested.

But Sheila was a stubborn woman. "We'll protect ourselves." She insisted.

"Are we letting Damon get Katherine back?" Elena asked.

Bonnie was quick to speak, "No! He doesn't deserve to get what he wants."

Elena sighed, "What other choice do we have?" She asks as she looks up at Stefan.

"Witches being pulled down by vampire problems. As much as we tried to do to stay out of it. I'll open the tomb. You get your brother's girl and destroy the rest with fire. Then this will be all over." Grams spoke to Stefan.

Stefan looked doubtful. "We still have to get Damon to agree." He reminded.

Elena smiled, "He already agreed once. He can do it again."

"Yeah, and then you double crossed him. So now he's angry." Stefan said, making Elena wince.

She had wanted both Salvatore brothers to fight over her but her plans kept falling flat since Stefan doesn't have any interest.

So she decided to make Stefan show interest.

She double crossed Damon, knowing that he may end up attacking her and hoped that Stefan would save her. She would then turn around and make Damon feel guilty for attacking her.

Unfortunately, the only thing she managed to do was upset both Salvatores.

"He's hurt. There's a difference. I think I know what I have to do." Elena said.

To her surprise, Stefan shook his head. "No, you should stay here. Bonnie and Sheila can at least protect themselves, you can't. It's better for everyone if you remain here."

"But—" Elena went to protest but Stefan continued. "Besides, seeing Damon may only make things worse."

Elena sighed, "Okay." She agreed.

***

Anna walks back up to the motel room. She sees that the door is wide open. "I gave him one job." She thought as she entered the room and saw that Elena and Bonnie have escaped.

"You've got to be kidding me." Anna says before she walks in and looks over at Ben, who is still crouched between the two beds, his hoodie over his head.

Ben immediately began trying to explain. "It was Stefan. There was nothing I could --"

Anna glares at him as she holds her finger up at him. "Shut up! Stop talking. "

She rubs her face as she sits down in a chair. "Without the witch, we don't have Damon or the grimoire. Damon's not gonna stop. He'll find a way in. And we're gonna be there when he does."

***

Damon puts on his jacket, preparing to leave. Elena enters the room and removes her scarf.

Damon stares at her. "I'm gonna have to change the locks. You stage a jailbreak?" He asked as he picks up the grimoire.

'Stefan." Elena said as explanation.

Damon smiled mockingly, "Ah, brother. Ever the white knight."

Elena took a step closer. "I convinced Bonnie to help you."

She didn't but she wanted to make herself look good. She wanted to seem like everything she was doing was for his benefit. Elena knew Damon would never speak to Bonnie and vice versa, so they couldn't disapprove her lie.

Unfortunately for her, Damon was smarter then he acts.

Damon snorts. "I doubt that."

Elena walks around the edge of the study towards the stairs, leading to the sunken part of the room where Damon is.

Elena puts a hand on Damon's arm. "I'm not gonna say that I'm sorry we got the grimoire without you last night, because I'm not really."

"Well, at least you're honest." Damon says as he takes her hand off.

Before Elena could continue, Stefan walked in.

He frowned. "Elena? I thought we agreed you wouldn't talk to Damon."

Elena looks at him in surprise. "I– uh... I–" She couldn't think of anything to say.

Now it was Damon's turn to frown. He had assumed that Stefan sent her over.

"Why are you here?" Damon asked the Gilbert girl.

"I just thought I could help and—" Elena began.

"Leave." Damon ordered. Elena turned to Stefan, who sighed. "Elena, you're supposed to be at Sheila's house. You shouldn't have come."

"Sorry buy I really did mean it when I said I was just trying to help." Was the only thing Elena said before she left.

The two Salvatores watch her leave, both of them doubting her.

***

Elena arrives at the party in the woods and sees over a dozen students drinking and chatting.

"I refuse to let the others do this without me." She thinks as she walks forward.

But she's suddenly stopped when Caroline walks up to her, dragging Matt.

"Elena, hey!" Matt smiles at her, a boyish grin.

Caroline eyes him, upset at the way his gaze lingers on his ex. She turns to Elena, "Elena! Oh my God, where have you been?" She said, giving the girl a big smile as she intertwines her fingers with Matt's.

Elena stares at them in surprise.

Realizing that she needs to reply, Elena blurts something out. "I've been hanging out with Stefan and Damon."

Caroline raised an eyebrow. "Damon? I thought you were just with Stefan. Why would you want to even hang out with Damon."

Elena frowned at Caroline, looking at her as if she's done something wrong. "I know you two kind of have your issues but you shouldn't talk about him like that."

Caroline was going to argue but she felt Matt squeeze her hand.

"Well, it was great seeing you." Matt said, his smile a bit awkward.

Caroline gave a nod before dragging Matt away.

Elena looks back at Matt and Caroline. The two were still holding hands but now they were laughing and talking happily.

She frowned and glared at the two before she continued to walk to the others.

***

Stefan climbs up from the tomb with a shovel in hand.

"Cleared the debris away. Set the torches like you asked. We can get down now." He informed.

Stefan places the shovel against a rock. Cans of gasoline lie near by and Bonnie looks at them confused, "What is that?" She asked.

"It's everything I need to destroy them." He says as he gives Sheila a flashlight.

"Are you sure that you want to go in with him?" Sheila asks, referring to Damon, who was somewhere in the woods. The witch didn't know what he was doing nor did she want to.

Stefan nods without any hesitation. "I told him he wasn't going to do this alone. I meant it."

Sheila sighs, a weird look on her face before she nods in understanding.

"I should be the one to go with him!" Elena says as she reveals herself.

Everyone turns to her, all of them confused and surprised.

"Elena? What are you doing here?" Bonnie questioned. It was agreed upon that Elena would stay at the Bennett house. The witches didn't want her getting hurt and the vampires felt like she would be a distraction.

Elena frowned. "Why don't you want me here? I just want to support all of you."

"And we greatly appreciate it but you could get hurt. It's best if you go back." Sheila said, her tone gentle.

"Well, I'm not leaving." Elena responded. "She wanted to meet Katherine after all. She needs to see with her own eyes what makes her special to Damon."

Damon rolled his eyes before going past them. He descends the stairs into the tomb.

"Are we ready?" He asks.

Bonnie slowly nods, "I think so."

Sheila is lighting the torches at the tomb. Bonnie stands next to her. Stefan, Damon, and Elena watch from the entrance.

"Air. Earth. Fire." Sheila started and Bonnie continued, "Water." She holds up a water bottle and Sheila takes it, sprinkling the water on the floor.

Elena frowned. "That's a boring. I was hoping for a show." She thought. She turned to the older witch."That's it? Just water from the tap?"

Sheila turned to her, "As opposed to what?" She questioned, eyebrow raised.

"I just figured maybe it would have to be blessed or mystical or something." Elena said.

Her attention is shifted when she hears a squishy noise. She turns to see that Damon pulled out a blood bag.

Elena frowns. "What's that?" She questions.

"It's for Katherine. Gotta have something to get her going. Unless you think you're willing to offer a vein to tap."  Damon says, getting a snort from Stefan, an unamused look from Bonnie and Elena, and a glare from Sheila.

Damon turns to Stefan. "I bet you can't wait to get rid of me." Damon says.

To his surprise, Stefan just shrugs. "Having you around wasn't the best thing ever but it..." His voice trails off.

"Wasn't the worst?" Damon asks.

Stefan nods, "Yeah. It wasn't the worst." Stefan repeated.

Damon hums.

And a moment later, Bonnie looks up at them from the ground. "We're ready."

***

Ben hits Jeremy from behind. Jeremy falls to the ground, unconscious.

Anna sighs. "You didn't have to hit him that hard."

"Yes, I did." Ben said with a grin.

Anna rolled her eyes. "Grab him and lets go. I'm taking him to meet my mother." She ordered.

***

Bonnie and Sheila are reciting a spell at the tomb, their eyes shut and hands interlocked.

Damon looked intrigued. It was always interesting to see witches work their magic."What are they saying?"

"Sounds Latin." Stefan replied.

Elena shakes her head. "I don't think it's Latin."

After a few more seconds of the witches reciting the spell, the torches flare up. Elena grabs onto Stefan's arm.

"What's happening?" Elena asks as she got scared. She pulled herself closer to Stefan.

The door to the tomb creaks open. Sheila and Bonnie stop chanting and look up.

Bonnie's eyes lit up. "It worked!"

Grams looked at her in amusement. "Of course it worked. "

"You have some fires to build." Damon said and Stefan nods, "I'll join you once I'm done here."

Elena frowned, just now realizing that Stefan would be joining Damon. She quickly stepped forward. "Wait, what? I thought I was going with you!"

Damon raised an eyebrow, "If you aren't willing to pop a vein then why are you so eager to join me?" He asked, wondering what the Gilbert girl was playing at.

Elena shook her head. "I just want to support you." She insisted, not being able to come up with another excuse.

Damon scoffed. "And you don't think my brother can?"

"No, I—" Elena protested.

"Stay up here Elena. You'll just be in the way." Damon ordered.

***

Stefan runs over to the gasoline and starts to gather the cans up. Suddenly, someone speaks to him.

"Dark down there?" Ben asks, announcing his presence.

Stefan straightens up, looking at Ben. He then notices Jeremy, who is unconscious at Ben's feet.

"Thought I told you to leave." Stefan doesn't look surpirsed. Just annoyed. Newbies are always so cocky.

Ben shrugged. "I considered it. Then I thought, screw you." He smirked at the end.

Anna the appears. "Hey, hero." She greets, making Stefan turn around. "I'm going down there to get my mother."

Stefan shakes his head. "I can't let you do that."

Anna grins. "Well, Ben's about to make a main course out of Elena's little brother. So, you can stop me or him. Your choice." Anna then vamp speeds into the tomb, knowing what choice Stefan will make.

Anna descends the stairs into the tomb, blood bag in hand. Bonnie looks over at her.

"Hey, you're not going in there!" Bonnie says with a glare.

Anna scoffed. "You think you can stop me?"

"Bonnie..." Grams warned.

Bonnie steps aside. Anna grabs a flashlight from the ground and runs into the tomb. Bonnie turns and looks at her Grams, angry.

"Why did you let her go in?" She questions.

Grams sighed. "Because she isn't coming out, baby. None of them are." She says, believing she did the right thing.

Above the tomb, Stefan and Ben are in a tense conversation

"Do you really think that she cares about you? Hm? You're disposable." Stefan told him.

Ben shook his head. "I don't care. She already gave me what I want." He grinned.

Stefan stared at hin. "Are you going to say "eternal life"? You really that stupid?"

Ben moves closer towards Stefan. "You know, I've heard about you. You don't feed. You're not strong enough to beat me."

Ben rushes at Stefan. Stefan thrusts his arm, easily knocking Ben to the ground. Stefan picks up the hose connected to the gasoline can. Ben gets up and looks at Stefan.

"Is that all you got?" Ben mocks like he wasn't easily knocked to the ground.

"No. I got this." Stefan replied before he ignites the torch and sets Ben on fire. Ben screams and flails around. Stefan watches on and soon, he stops moving. Finally dead.

Stefan runs towards the entrance of the tomb. Sheila grabs his arm.

"Stefan! If you go in there, you won't come out." She warned.

Stefan paused. "What did you do?" He should have known the witch would have done something. They're never kind to vampires.

"Opening the door didn't remove the seal, it just opened the door." Sheila answers.

"What's the seal?" Stefan asks.

Grams explains, "Some seals keep vampires from entering. This one keeps them from coming out."

"You were never planning on breaking the spell, were you?" Stefan said, wanting her honesty.

"I told you. I will protect my own." Sheila said, not feeling an ounce of guilt.

___________________

AN: So I finally finished this draft!  (School was stressful) Hope you enjoyed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 3.6K 36
The students graduated and are now registered heroes and they are living up to their dream. Bakugou unexpectedly meets Uraraka one day during a battl...
1.2M 49.4K 54
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
13.8K 100 6
This contains all types of taekook smut and adult content I suck at giving description but trust me i'll try my best to create interesting content ...
385K 11.7K 91
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...