DESTINED

By parkkim_fics

Love is different for everyone...let's see what happens when two hopeless romantic best friends find their fo... More

Characters
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.

17.

32 2 0
By parkkim_fics

It's been almost a month since we started dating.

After that memorable day, we spent a lot of quality time together, going on dates or just enjoying quiet evenings cuddling and watching movies.

However, this past week has been incredibly busy for both of us, we weren't able to meet much. However, we texted each other about our whereabouts and daily happenings.

I missed him.Feeling the absence of his company due to our busy schedules,

I sighed, pushing my thoughts aside, and refocused on my work.

"We don't have meetings after this, right?" I asked Siya.

"Yeah, we don't," she replied, still engrossed in the file she was reading.

"And done!" she exclaimed, looking at me.

"What?" I asked.

"I'm done; my work is finished. That was the last file I had to check," she explained, slumping into her chair.

"Even I don't have much left. I'll finish this as soon as possible, and we can leave together," I said, resuming my work.

"Ah, actually, I'm going on a date. Veer will be here any minute now," she shared.

"Oh, okay. Then I'll leave after I'm done," I replied.

"Shree, why don't you visit your boyfriend? It's been days since you guys properly hung out," she suggested, approaching me.

"Um, I've never visited his office before," I hesitated.

"Oh, come on! It's a surprise. Go visit him; he'll be happy," she encouraged, excitement in her voice.

I gave it some thought. Not a bad idea, considering how much I missed him.

"Okay, then I'll go," I said, smiling widely.

"Good then, message me when you reach" she said

I nooded and got back to my work

As she received a call and hurriedly left the office, I sighed again and completed my work after almost an hour, slumping into my chair.

Glancing at the clock, I realized it was early evening.

Great, I'm done for today.

I decided to go and surprise Ayansh.

Wrapping up things, I grabbed my car keys and headed towards the parking lot.

It takes 40 minutes to reach Ayansh's office, and on my way, I picked up a beautiful bouquet.

Smiling to myself, I resumed driving, eager to visit Ayansh.

🍀

As I arrived at his office building, I parked the car, grabbed the flowers, and left the parking lot.

Walking towards the entrance, I couldn't help but admire the surroundings.

The interior was stunningly beautiful and classy.

Entering the lobby, I approached the receptionist,

"Umm, hey," I greeted.

"Hello, how may I help you?" she asked politely.

"Oh, I'm here to meet Mr.Suryavanshi," I said with a smile.

"Do you have any appointment, ma'am?" she inquired.

I looked at her, a bit puzzled.

"No, actually, he knows me. I'm his friend," I replied hesitantly.

"Sorry, ma'am, but you can't meet him without an appointment," she stated.

This wasn't going as planned. I groaned, about to protest when I heard someone calling my name from behind.

Turning around, I saw a man coming towards me with an amused smile.

"You are Shreesha, right?" he asked.

"Uh, yeah," I replied, confused.

"I'm Arav Desai, Ayansh's best friend and also his secretary," he introduced himself with a smile, understanding my confusion.

He extended his hand for a handshake."I'm Shreesha Raichand, his—" I began.

"I know, his girlfriend," he cut me off

"Uh, yeah," I said awkwardly.

"Sir, do you know her? She was asking for, boss," the receptionist interrupted.

"Yeah, she is someone special to boss. Next time, don't stop her," Arav said sternly, turning towards her.

She nodded and gulped in acknowledgment.

"I'm sorry, ma'am. I didn't know," she apologized.

"No, it's okay. You were doing your work," I reassured her with a smile.

"Come, I'll take you to his office," said Arav.

I nodded, and we headed towards the lift.

"How do you know me, by the way?" I asked, still confused.

"Obviously from Ayansh. He won't stop talking about you," Arav exclaimed.

I looked at him, stunned. This was awkward.

"Oh," I said, not knowing what to say further.

"Hey, no need to be awkward with me. We can be friends," he suggested with a smile.

Seeming friendly enough, but I wondered why Ayansh hadn't mentioned him before.Smiling back, we continued talking until the lift door opened.

"We're here. Come," Arav said, leading the way as we got out of the lift.I followed him, glancing around at the busy office.

Finally, we reached Ayansh's cabin. Arav motioned for me to wait there.

"Should I tell him about your arrival?" he asked.

"No, don't. Let it be a surprise," I exclaimed.He chuckled and nodded,

"Okay then, I'll leave. I have some work."I nodded, and he left the cabin.

I looked around and sat on the couch, waiting.

I started scrolling through my phone. Almost half an hour later, the cabin door slammed open.

I looked up to see Ayansh walking in, visibly furious, followed by some other people.

"How can you make such a silly mistake!?" he shouted, making me flinch.

It seemed he hadn't noticed me yet.

He continued shouting at his employees while I sat there awkwardly.

Finally, he ordered them out, and I sat there as he slumped in his chair, massaging his temples.

I mustered the courage to stand up and approached him, standing beside him as he opened his eyes feeling presence beside him.

"Shree! What are you doing here?" he exclaimed, sitting straight.

Whoa, what a change of mood.

"Actually, I've been here for half an hour," I said awkwardly.

"What!? Why did no one inform me?" he said, standing up and pulling me into a tight hug.

"I wanted to surprise you. The receptionist wasn't allowing me, but then your friend came and escorted me to your cabin," I explained, hugging him back.

"I'm sorry you had to wait. You should have at least given me a call," he said.

"It wouldn't be a surprise then," I pointed out.

He chuckled and nodded,

"What's up with the sudden surprise?"

"I just missed you," I said.

"Aw, I did too," he said, tightening the hug.

"Are you done yet? We can go out," I suggested.

"Yeah, let me wrap things up so that we can leave," he said, breaking the hug.

I nodded with a wide smile, "Oh, and yeah, this is for you," handing him the bouquet.

He smiled, taking it and kissing my forehead, "Don't you think I should give you this?" placing the flowers on the table.

"You can do that next time," I said with a playful tone.

He smiled, "Fair enough." He was gathering his things when someone knocked on the door.

"Sir, these are the files you asked for," said Arav, entering.

"Okay, keep them here. I'm leaving. Handle other work in my absence," Ayansh said.

"Okay," Arav acknowledged, finally looking at me, "By the way, why didn't you introduce me to her?" Arav asked

"I thought to, but you guys met before that," Ayansh replied casually.

"Oh, come on, just accept that you're possessive," Arav teased.

"Shut up, I was not," Ayansh snapped.

"Uh-uh, you were," Arav continued teasing.

They kept bickering until I interrupted, "Okay, guys, stop now.

"They glared at each other and then looked at me.

"We're leaving," Ayansh stated, holding my wrist

"Yeah, yeah, enjoy," Arav said dramatically, waving at us.

I chuckled, and we left the cabin. As we headed towards the lift, a lady blocked our way.

"Oh, hey, Ayansh, you're leaving early today," she said.

I looked at her, then at Ayansh, who coldly stared at her.

"Yes, I am. Miss Varma, it's Mr. Suryavanshi for you," he said coldly.

"Uh, yeah," she mumbled, embarrassed.

She finally noticed me and gave me an evaluating look from head to toe.

"And who is she?" she exclaimed, glaring at me.

I looked at her, confused. Who is she?

"It's none of your business, Miss Varma. Please get back to your work,"

Ayansh stated sternly.

She glanced at him and then walked away, shooting me another glare.

"Who was she?" I asked, stunned.

Word count - 1360
Hope you like this chapter
Please vote and comment 😗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

868K 55.4K 54
• An arranged marriage love story • ❝ His soul was tainted with darkness, Hers was full of light. One without the other, they knew they wouldn't surv...
243K 8.8K 50
#31❤️in Romance This is a different story than your typical plots. Dive into journey of finding love, lasting friendships and celebrating moments.
85.7K 5.2K 52
A night will change the life of two unknown people....... How destiny will bring them together...... and how they become each other's reasons of exis...