š“£š“±š“® š“•š“µš“øš“»š“²š“¼š“½, š”ø ā„š•¦...

By 80s90snerd

ā€¢š”ø ā„š•¦š•Ÿš•˜š•–š•£ š”¾š•’š•žš•–š•¤ š•Šš•„š• š•£š•Ŗā€¢ šŸ”„šŸ¹šŸ„€ šŸŒ¼= Calla Brightdust was a normal girl growing up in district 4... More

ā€¢ š’«š’¶š“‡š“‰ šŸ£: š’Æš’½š‘’ šŸØšŸ«š“‰š’½ š»š“Šš“ƒš‘”š‘’š“‡ š’¢š’¶š“‚š‘’š“ˆ ā€¢
ā€¢ š”½š•š• š•Øš•–š•£ ā„™š•šš•”š•œš•šš•Ÿš•˜ ā€¢
ā€¢ š”¾š• š• š••š•“š•Ŗš•–š•¤ & ā„š•–š•š•š• š•¤ ā€¢
ā€¢ š”øš•Ÿ š•€š•žš•”š•£š•–š•¤š•¤š•šš• š•Ÿ ā€¢
ā€¢ š”»š•–š•’š•• š”øš•š•£š•–š•’š••š•Ŗ ā€¢
ā€¢ š•„š•’š•Ŗ š•„š•™š•– š•†š••š••š•¤ š•“š•– š•šš•Ÿ š•Ŗš• š•¦š•£ š”½š•’š•§š• š•£ ā€¢
ā€¢ š•„š•–š•£š•”š•Ŗā€¢
ā€¢ š•Žš•™š•  š•€ š”øš•ž ā€¢
ā€¢ š•‹š•™š•– š•„š•–š•’š••š• š•Ø ā€¢
ā€¢ š•‹š•™š•– š•Žš•šš•Ÿš•Ÿš•–š•£ š• š•— š•„š•™š•– šŸžšŸ”š•„š•™ ā„š•¦š•Ÿš•˜š•–š•£ š”¾š•’š•žš•–š•¤ š•šš•¤... ā€¢
+ Unfortunate News +

ā€¢ š•‹š•™š•– š”¹š•’š•š•š•’š•• š• š•— ā„‚š•’š•š•š•’ š”¹š•£š•šš•˜š•™š•„š••š•¦š•¤š•„ ā€¢

22 3 0
By 80s90snerd

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Calla Brightdust POV:

I was up all-night thinking about Finnick and trying to come up with a song to sing. I'm not very good at song writing. I'm trying to think of songs my grandmother sang. She could easily remember songs in seconds. I think I got that trait of remembering things very well from her.

Hickory Crane suddenly entered my room just as I was about to get ready for bed. "What do you want? Is Finnick ok?!" I asked.

Hickory nodded. "Yeah, he'll be fine for tonight's interview... you know once Snow saw you get picked for the games... he changed a lot this year last minute."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

Hickory sat down now. "Well, there's supposed to be three days of training... this year there was only one... don't worry about any of that though! I made your dress for tonight... you'll love it."

Hickory got up & left. Why would Snow change that? Is he just trying to rush the games this year to get it over with? Or is there something bigger to why he did it. Anyways, I've finally thought of a song. The song was originally called the Ballad of Lucy Gray Baird. I remember Maude singing it a bit. I can change some of the lyrics & call it...

The Ballad of Calla Brightdust...

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Bay Brightdust POV:

I sat down with Calla to watch the news on the TV. Ceaser Flickerman appeared with bright orange hair. He has a new hair color every year. I hate him SO MUCH! He's annoying as hell & makes jokes about dead tributes.

"As you know... tributes are usually evaluated of their skills in private sessions with the gamemakers and then rated on a scale of 1-12! after yesterday's horrific events I bet you thought none of them would be rated but to all of your surprises our AMAZING gamemakers were able to use camera footage to evaluate ALL of the tributes!"

Hickory now sat down with us. Calla started to get tense, & so did I. I hope we got a good score! If we don't everybody think we are the worst in the arena. Maybe if we get a good score we can make allies. That'll be good for us!

"Jax Revan... A 9!"

"Both Spark, & Appolo Copperfall... A 10!"

"Summer Dayhill... A 5!"

"Bay Brightdust.... A 11!"

I jumped out of my seat. "YES! AMAZING!" Hickory screamed. Calla hugged me tightly. Now it's time to see what Calla gets. She probably got a 10 at best. Her trident skills were impressive but she swings, & hits like a beginner.

I held Calla's hand tightly. "Calla Brightdust... A 12!"

We all erupted in cheering! "Oh my God!" Calla yelled. Me, & Hickory hugged her. That's insane to think we both got such high scores! I'm a bit baffled but happy. I could tell Calla was happy. As more scores got called out nobody got a 12 except Calla!

"I think they really like me!" Calla commented.

I walked over to one of the avoxs. "Can you please get us some drinks to celebrate?" I asked.

The avox girl nodded & left the room. Now time to celebrate a bit & get ready for our interviews. Even though I hate Ceaser I have to suck up to him. If I'm very charismatic people will like me. After that tomorrow we go into the arena!

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Seneca Crane POV:

I sat in Heavensbee Hall waiting for Snow. He wants to talk to me about tomorrow's games. Of course, he made up the scores for the tributes. I don't know why he didn't want us to do that. Yesterday was a DISASTER!

"Mr. Crane..." Snow spoke.

I turned around startled. "Hello President Snow... why do you ask to speak with me?"

Snow now chuckled. "To talk to you about Calla Brightdust... the female from District 4."

I nodded. "Yes... what about her? She's doing great from what I know."

"Well... she is but... SHE CAN NOT WIN THESE GAMES! She is the exact definition of an underdog... in the districts she is giving people exactly what we do not want... HOPE! If she wins these games, she will possibly cause an uprising... her singing... everything... it gives hope! I want you to make sure the tributes do NOT have specific uniforms for these games... they will go in with their reaping outfits... whatever you do... rig it to make sure she dies."

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Calla Brightdust POV:

The sun is setting once again. I feel like these days are going by so FAST! I began to put on my dress for the interview. It's golden, with gold roses. Once again, I have the same flower crown I had on at the parade. I'm so nervous! More nervous than I was at the parade.

Suddenly Finnick entered. "Hello Ms. Brightdust... you look amazing." He muttered.

The first thing I noticed was his limp. "Thank God you're ok... I have a song planned out & everything for tonight." I spoke.

Finnick nodded & sat down. I can't believe tomorrow is the day. Gosh, I began to weep thinking about. Finnick moved over to me as he took out a white handkerchief from his coat pocket. He began to wipe my tears just like he did the first time we met.

"I'm not going to let you die in that arena tomorrow... you saved me, & I will save you! I'm going to get you out of that arena, & back to your father... back to District 4..." He explained.

I nodded. "Thank you Finnick..."

He suddenly kissed me again. "AHA! There's that Finnick charm!" Hickory laughed.

Does he like me like that? Does he love me? I hugged Finnick. The spark between us feels like love. I've never really felt that spark before in my life. I only felt the spark when I was 9, when he saved me from drowning.

The speakers blared on. "Tributes please make your way to the stage!"

I walked out meeting Bay. He's in a golden suit with gold roses. He grabbed my hand, & we walked in line. I began to hear Ceaser's laugh as Jax was taken to the stage by some men. As they all walked up all they talked about was sex appeal, & how they ADORE the games! It's always the same speeches every year.

Now it's my turn. I looked at Bay as he nodded. I got this! I just need to sing! I now walked onto the stage! Wow! Everybody started to cheer. I didn't hear that cheering for any of the other tributes. Ceaser kissed me on the hand, & led me to my seat.

"Well hello there Ms. Calla Brightdust... I have to say you look FANTASTIC tonight! Tell me... how do you feel about the popularity you have gotten by the entire world in these past few days?" Ceaser asked.

I laughed. "Well, it's quite amazing! I love having the name The Florist as I just love flowers... and singing!"

Ceaser chuckled. "You have the voice of an angel! Do you have any other songs for us?"

I nodded. 'Yes! I got inspired by my grandmother Maude Ivory to write a song for all of you... she's dead but she loved to sing! Her cousin Lucy Gray Baird was a singer... both of them were a part of a band named the Covey around fifty to sixty years ago! Well anyways I named the song... The Ballad of Calla Brightdust!"

I now got up, & took a deep breath...

"When I was a babe I fell down in the holler
We fell on hard times and we lost our bright color
You went to the dogs and I lived by my charms

I danced for my dinner, spread flowers like honey
You stole and you gambled, and I said you should
We sang for our suppers, we drank up our money
Then one day you left, saying I was no good

Well, all right, I'm bad, but then, you're no prize either
All right, I'm bad, but then, that's nothing new
You say you won't love me, I won't love you neither
Just let me remind you what I am to you

'Cause I am the one who looks out when you're weaping
I am the one who knows how you were brave
And I am the one who heard what you said sleeping
I'll take that and more when I go to my grave

It's sooner than later that I'm six feet under
It's sooner than later that you'll be with me

I am the one who you let see you weeping
I know the soul that you struggled to save
Too bad I'm the one you lost in the reaping
Now what will you do when I go to my grave?"

Everybody in the crowd went crazy! The song is about me, & Bay. I quickly sat back down. I noticed some tears in the crowd. My singing was just that good, I guess. Ceaser smiled at me and began clap.

"Truly amazing Ms. Brightdust... you volunteered to join the games with your brother... sang a song... got the only 12 this year... and now you are an icon in Panem! I hope the odds are truly in your favor tomorrow! If I could bet... I'd bet on you!"

"Thank you Ceaser... well that's all I have got for everybody tonight... it was so nice to see you!"

Ceaser got up. "EVERYBODY! DISTRICT 4! THE FLORIST!"

I walked backstage, & instantly hugged Bay. I could see some of the tributes crying. Bay also seemed like he was crying. Seems like my singing worked better than expected. I used to think the odds weren't in my favor...

but maybe like Ceaser said, the odds might be in my favor...

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 16 12
āI save others to forget I don't know how to save myself.āž āž³āž³āž³ When one has no prospect of life, what shall they do? When their death is guaranteed f...
157K 3K 70
When Reef, a young girl from District Four, thinks she'll make it through her last year of the reaping, finds that she was unsuccessful. She had been...
636 22 11
renely dupage was eighteen when she was chosen for the hunger games. she wasn't cut out for the games; she wasn't a killer and leaving behind her bro...
45K 807 25
Two district 4 citizens trying to survive in Panem as victors with an unspoken love dwindling between them. She tries her best to not let her love fo...