Malzeno/Grand Order

By SaurianMP4

Malzeno feared yet revered. Elegant but cunning. Destructive yet tranquil. An Elder Dragon with many tales an... More

Evil From A Faraway Land
Evil From A Faraway Land [2]
Back From The Dead
The Scarlet Feast
The Scarlet Feast [2]
The Scarlet Feast [3]
Dragon Witch
Fallen Heroes
The Battle Of Fallen Heroes
The Battle Of Fallen Heroes [2]
Interesting Conversation
Serene Lake
Brutish Saint
Brutish Saint [2]
The Fallen And The Planet
The Fallen And The Planet [2]
Reach The Moon
Reprieve
Last Stand
Last Stand [2]
Last Stand [3]
Promise
Archdemon Of The Abyss
The End And The Beginning
Leisure Time
Summoning
Battle Of Dragons
Lancer
No Servant Left Behind
Side Story 1 - Cookies Galore
To The Vast Sea
Battle At The Docks
Leviathan

The Mad Archer

606 33 0
By SaurianMP4

.

.

.

A few days had passed, and the group steadily recovered from Marie's passing. Malzeno looked outward to the vast plains ahead. Tumbleweeds passed by as if taking a stroll along the winds.

Malzeno made a vow to keep moving forward, while keeping vigilant. He would honor the words he briefly heard from Marie when they had a small talk before. He was beginning to feel human, and gradually the human-like emotions set in.

Anger, hate and love as well. He would say truly "loved" anyone, but his love for the group was apparent with his fatherly instincts, making sure everyone was safe and secure.

In essence, he had the markings of a wise man, a sage and a king. He would no longer let his nonchalant attitude get in the way, he would swiftly handle his opponent's without remorse!

"Are you well, Malzeno?" Jeanne has been asking that more since they united again, which was welcomed.

"Yes, just extremely angry."

"You do a good job hiding it," Siegfried joined in, his curiosity apparent in his eyes. "Sorry for being skeptical of you at first."

Malzeno blinked at the famous German Hero and shook his head. "None taken, I understand you have a bad history with this Dragon, Fafnir."

"That's right...thinking about it, I have no clue how I won."

Malzeno had a sanguine smile. "Well, don't worry about it. I'll be there to help."

"....?" Jeanne blinked in surprise.

"I do believe luck plays a factor in such situations. But...the reason I'm helping you wipe out Fafnir is because another creature I have to face."

"I see...and you require my help for that too? I'm assuming it's a Dragon, yes?"

"Precisely. And since you seem to deal more damage to Dragon related enemies, that bastard doesn't have a chance."

Siegfried scratched his nose. "I believe you're
putting too much trust in me to do such a task...but I shall see that it is done."

The two heroes exchanged a final nod, before Malzeno turned his attention to Jeanne, her once brilliant blonde hair almost fully changed to a platinum blonde.

"Your hair..."

"Is something wrong with it?"

"...no, in fact I like it very much."

Jeanne quickly averted gaze, feeling her face heat up. Malzeno chuckled, thankfully the table talk about "love" taught him a few things when woman receive certain compliments.

"T-Thanks...but it seems like the final battle draws near."

"Yes, the closer I get to Orleans the more I can feel his presence."

"We'll prevail, we have to."

"You took the words right from my mouth. Yes, I don't intend on losing. I still have a promise-"

"LOOK OUT!"

It was Siegfried who shouted pushing Malzeno out of the way of a ominous black arrow.

"KILL! I'LL KILL YOU!"

Malzeno gave a thankful nod to Siegfried as they were approached by what seemed to be hostile servants.

"ARRRRTHUR!"

"Two hostile servants! Malzeno, can you tell who they are?" Roman spoke through the transmission.

"The skimpy one is Atalanta, and the one clad in purple armor is Lancelot, both Berserkers."

Malzeno continued. "It seems Atalanta was originally summoned as an Archer, given that I caught a glimpse of her recent memories."

"Then let's defeat her and Lancelot!" Ritsuka clenched her fists, she wouldn't let Marie's sacrifice be a waste.

"Malzeno, Siegfried, can you defeat those two?"

"Of course, but Siegfried is needed, I'll handle them both."

"I will stay behind too," Jeanne cut in, standing next to Malzeno. "Take the Pink Wyvern and get as close as you can to Orleans. We'll catch up shortly."

"Yes, Rathian should be able to get you close enough."

The pink Wyvern from before appeared more bigger, with stockier legs and sturdy talons. With everyone agreeing, the lighter Servants and Ritsuka climbed onto Rathian's back and went forward towards Orleans.

"Are you sure staying with me was wise?"

"After what happened last time, you'll need my assistance. And let's not forget Martha's words."

Malzeno opened his mouth to speak but then remembered the words Martha told him before he dealt the final blow. He was needed, it was clear to everyone that his presence changed the flow of things.

"You ready?"

Jeanne gave a firm nod. "Yes."

Malzeno grinned, as he took out his bow, he quickly jumped, his Duke Impaler was used as an arrow.

"YOU!" Atalanta roared viciously as she brought out her own bow and arrow. They coated in an obsidian color, most likely from Atalanta's driven madness.

The two them shot their respective weapons, meeting midway in the air, with the aftermath resulting in a rippling explosion that obscured their vision.

Lancelot jumped through the dust, aiming for Jeanne as he screamed incoherent words that sounded more like guttural screams. Jeanne used his flagpole with finesse, blocking Lancelot's wild but skillful attacks from what seemed to be a modern light pole.

Malzeno landed to Lancelot's side, aiming to impale him with another set of his Duke Impaler, but Atalanta rushed into him like a wild hog.

Atalanta began to claw at Malzeno, who she straddled to keep on the ground. Malzeno moved his head from side to side, narrowly avoiding the ferocious attacks with a grim expression.

Finding a moment, Malzeno summoned his tail to grab Atalanta and fling her away. Malzeno stood up, his tail was smaller due to the size of his human body, but he would need it to keep up with Atalanta's brutal attacks.

"Even with that madness, you're still formidable," Malzeno couldn't help but compliment, his words seemed to have an effect as Atalanta flashed a toothy smile.

"Thanks...thanks...you have to...win," Atalanta words shocked Malzeno. "She's...being manipulated."

"So it is true...the other Jeanne doesn't know of Giasmagorm."

"Then, let us keep fighting, Atalanta,"

"Right, yes, this is fine,"

Atalanta's madness appeared again as her eyes dazed into an insane swirl of rage. Being a Berserker and having more madness toppled upon her seemed to break her completely, switching her class in the process.
.

.

.

Lancelot and Jeanne's fight continued, with Lancelot summoning a pair of automatic pistols and firing them at...

"ARRRRTHUR!"

"I am not King Arthur!"

"Jeanne, switch!"

Lancelot drew his real sword, Arondight, hoping to skewer Jeanne, but Malzeno's tail intercepted it as he and Jeanne swapped places.

Atalanta locked eyes with Jeanne and something with both of them seemed to tick, as if they knew each other from some place. However, they quickly disclosed this feeling.

Lancelot's attacks couldn't connect with Malzeno's body as his tail acted like a sword in its own right, with the three protruding prongs being used as blades.

Malzeno threw two of his Impalers at Lancelot, but the raging Berserker masterfully blocked them, swinging his sword in a perfect arc that sent the lances to his left and right.

As Malzeno thrusted his tail, Lancelot jumped, landing on top of his tail, sending a painful jolt coursing through Malzeno's tail, which temporarily halted Malzeno's movements.

Lancelot roared loudly, shaking the ground as he went to stab Arondight into Malzeno's chest, but..

Swish! Clank!

Lancelot's torso was pierced by the two Impalers Malzeno threw at him before. His body stopped as he fell to the side, landing to Malzeno's right with a thud. His spirit origin was shattered.

Malzeno looked at the Knight who almost killed him, a look of respect evident in his glimmering crimson eyes.

"Get some rest, Lancelot Du Lac."

"....Thanks," Although hoarse, the sincerity in Lancelot's dying breath was enough to tell he truly meant it.

Lancelot's body dissolved into faint, golden particles, signaling his defeat.

.

.

.

The sound of metal echoed across the air, with Jeanne using her flagpole to intercept Atalanta's swift attacks. Although she was a Berserker, her speed was still on par with her Archer version, or perhaps it increased.

Atalanta took charge by temporarily turning into a black, demon boar. Jeanne clenched her teeth, her flagpole dug into the ground before lavender colored flames sprouted like a geyser.

Atalanta instinctively halted her charged and returned to normal, but just as she was about to reach the flames, a sharp pain pierced her core. Her body completely froze, her head looked down to see a spear drenched her blood.

She looked back to see Malzeno, her eyes widened, her madness fading away as she fell on one knee. Her breath was ragged, but she didn't care about the pain. She was finally free of this torment.

"Although cowardly, I had to wrap this battle," Malzeno expressed with regret.

"This is fine," Atalanta sighed. "What a unrewarding job. The Dragon Witch has no clue about that thing. I believe you do."

Atalanta continued. "Next time, let's have a proper fight."

Malzeno said nothing, answering with a nod, which was enough for Atalanta as she faded away.

All that was left was the forces at Orleans

[AN: Merry Christmas!]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 78 83
The world as we know it has come to an end... The human race has fallen to its dismay... There's zero hope of survival... The only sound that is comm...
216K 8.1K 51
All her life, Y/N served the Geo Archon. After being rescued by him, she offers him her complete devotion as an adeptus. Fighting in the Archon war...
69K 2.2K 21
❝ʜᴏᴡ ғᴀʀ ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪʟʟɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ɢᴏ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ?❞ During the fight between Raizel and Muzaka, humans waged wars among themselves, killing thou...
31.3K 1K 19
Legend said that long ago, in the Adjaya's kingdom, there was a powerful magician. She was said to be a magi... However, she abused her power causing...