The Hanging Noose

By thewhorcrux19

1921 a strange man came to the Johnson's family home. He had asked for Dorothea and Micheal to return home, g... More

The Hanging Noose
Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Act II
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Act III
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Act IIII
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sixty-One
Sixty-Two
Sixty-Three
Sixty-Four
Sixty-Five
Sixty-Six
Sixty-Seven
Sixty-Eight
Sixty-Nine
Seventy
Seventy-One
Seventy-Two
Epilogue
Authors Note

Sixty

199 6 0
By thewhorcrux19

Dottie scrubs at her skin vigorously as the water laps around her. Her nails drag along her skin as she scours the loofa harshly against her skin. She allows the water to hug her as she drops the loofa, bringing her knees up to her chest.

The feeling of Reggie Smith's colossal hands haunt her, the way they touched her skin, the fire she felt after every touch when they first met, the heat after every slap she endured, the boil after every punch thrown her way.

He was dead, yes, but his memory lives in. It lives on in Dottie's head, who struggles with the loneliness of the dark night. Reggie Smith lives in on her dreams as her consciousness punishes her. It draws out every punishment he inflicted on her, every word he spat at her, every fist he launched, every slap he gifted her.

She gasps, wiping her hair away from her face as the moonlight trickles in through the sheer netting. She had always preferred the moonlight to the sunlight, the moon always gave her a sense of comfort. She could be herself. Or the person she once wished she was.

She wipes her forehead, trying to rid herself of the memories. Her hand automatically gets drawn to her two bullet wounds, one scraping in to her chest and one alongside in to her shoulder. The first had been a gift to her, a reminder she was still alive after Grace was killed, and the second served as the start of a hunting memory.

When she thinks about the last few years, Dottie tries to forget the time she spent with Luca. Sure, he wasn't the worse to her, he fed her, and gave her water when she asked, but he also taunted her over her cousins deaths. After all, he had caused John to die and Esme to flee.

Dottie almost scoffs when she allows herself to think inside her head. She wasn't part of the family business, and yet she had killed two people. Neither innocent, yet their blood still taints her skin every time she's alone.

She breathes out as she hears footsteps approaching her door. A soft knock is then followed.

"Mama?"

Little Eliza. The best thing Reggie Smith could have ever given her.

"Yeah, baby?" Dottie responds, lifting her head towards the door.

"Florence is crying for you again," Eliza calls causing Dottie to groan as she pushes herself up from the bath.

"Alright, baby, I'm coming."

Micheal was coming home. Home to Biringinhan. The minute his ship set sail, Tommy was on edge. And once the ship was docked, his mood worsened. He ordered Polly and Dottie to greet Micheal, to get the truth out of him. He wanted the truth, he said. He wanted Dottie there so he couldn't lie. Because he wouldn't. Not in front of his sister or his nieces.

He had also ordered Arthur to greet him from the station. Dottie scoffed when she heard.

"Do you really need back up, Tom?" She asks, rolling her eyes.

"I don't fucking trust your brother, Dots, so yes. Fucking yes," Tommy argues back. "Just take the girls with you, and do what you're told."

The girls, Dottie thought, he wants the girls there to soften him. To coax the truth out of him. What fucking truth?

"My brother wouldn't betray you, Tom," Dottie says, "I will go, and when he says the truth, I expect a new car."

So the deal was done. Dottie took Eliza and Florence to the train station to meet Micheal. She drove behind Polly and Arthur, and watched how they stood accordingly, Polly against the car and Arthur half hidden in a red glowing phone box.

Dottie was the last to arrive. She let the girls out of the car, and Florence sprinted away from her, giggling.

"Florence Grace Gray! I swear to Christ, if you don't get back here, all of your toys will be taken!" Dottie threatens, screeching after the giggling five year old.
"I'll be telling your dad when I see him tonight! No toys at his or Grandad's either!"

At the sound of her father being mentioned, Florence stopped running, coyly turning around with a mischievous grin on her face. She waits for Dottie and Eliza to catch her up, before she takes hold of Dottie's free hand as Eliza scowls at her.

"You're so childish," Eliza comments, rolling her eyes.

Florence goes to open her mouth when Dottie speaks.

"Both of you, behave!" She commands, "you've both been good up till now, don't ruin the day now."

Florence nods, hanging her head slightly, "uncle Mickey?"

"Yes, you'll still see him, but if you continue misbehaving, he will go back to New York alright?"

Florence nods, "alright, Mama."

Dottie breathes out as she leads the girls to where Polly stands. Florence looks at Polly, frowning slightly.

"Nana?" She asks, tilting her head.

Polly smiles warmly, bending down to Florence's height. "Oh don't you look like a little angel," she coos, stroking away Florence's hair from her face. "Have you girls been good for your mama?" She asks, looking between Eliza and Florence.

Eliza grins at Polly, "when's uncle Mickey's back, Nana?" She asks, looking behind Polly as she sees people begin to filter out of the station.

Polly follows Eliza eye-line. "In a second, love. Now both of you stay close to your Mama, understand?"

Eliza and Florence nod their heads as Polly stands back up. She leans against the bonnet of the car again, looking at the station doors. Dottie squeezes Eliza and Florence's hands as her heart beats.

Please god Micheal couldn't have betrayed Tommy

Micheal seems to be the last person to leave the station. On his arm is a slim blonde woman with a pointed nose. Her eyes scan over Dottie. Dottie's tight grip on Eliza and Florence's hands lessen slightly, enough so Florence can pull her hand away. She darts off, running towards Micheal.

"Uncle Mickey!" She squeals as Micheal drops the woman's arm.

He bends down with a grin, picking up Florence with a grunt. "You're getting big, aren't you, Flo?" He asks, placing Florence on his hip. "Wow, you look so much like your mama!"

Florence sheepishly smiles, wrapping her arms around his neck, "I missed you!"

"Did you? I missed you too," he says, pressing his lips against Florence's cheek. His eyes then fall to Eliza. He breathes out, seeing the seven year old tilt her head.
"Hello cheeky monkey. Aren't you going to give your uncle a cuddle?"

Dottie gently pushes Eliza forward, allowing her to follow her younger sister. Once confident, she grasps hold of Micheal's free arm, cuddling his torso.

"I missed you," Micheal says, his free arm draped around Eliza's shoulders.

Eliza looks up to Micheal with her large doe like eyes. "Mama missed you," she says in a quiet voice, "she told Granny all about you."

Micheal raises an eyebrow, "really? Did you enjoy your time with Granny?"

Eliza nods as Dottie clears her throat. She steps forward.

"So interested in your nieces you haven't even said hello to me, eh?" She teases, grinning as she greets him.

"You know I've always preferred your offspring's," he smirks back as Dottie rolls her eyes. "Dottie, this is Gina. Gina, this is my sister, Dorothea."

"Micheal, don't forget I will slap you if you call me that," Dottie reminds him, raising her eyebrows slightly. "It's nice to meet you, Gina."

When Polly clears her throat, the atmosphere changes. As if Polly indicated business needs to be done. Because to Tommy, business is out first, no matter whether Dottie hasn't seen her brother in years or not.

"Hello, Mum." Micheal says. He nudges his head towards the blonde. "This is Gina. Gina Gray. The captain married us on board."

Polly doesn't say anything. She stares emptily at Micheal.

Micheal scoffs, "ehe's my wife, Mum. At least look at her."

"Tommy said to ask you to tell me the truth."

Business. Fucking business.

"We've been travelling for 15 days, Mrs Gray. Maybe we could talk about this at another time." Micheal's wife, Gina, responds. Her accent strong.

"Yes. Let's go home and we can talk." Suggests Micheal, his eyes darting to Dottie.

"You have no home until you tell me the truth." Polly replies, lifting her head up.

"Here?"

"Yeah."

"Michael!" Booms Arthur, strutting out of the phone box. "Hello, love. Welcome to Birmingham, eh?"

"Michael?" Dottie speaks, frowning slightly. She stares at Micheal, her eyes pleading with his.

"OK." He agreed simply, looking back at Polly. "Our ship docked at Belfast. I was then taken off the ship by two men."

"At gunpoint." Gina interjects.

"I'm speaking to my son." Polly responds as Florence tilts her head towards Polly.

"Fuck you." Micheal spits out, his grip on Eliza's hand tightens, "fuck you too, Arthur. This is my fucking wife. I bring her home, to this? Come on, Gina. Dottie." He begins to walk away, Eliza trails after him and Gina looks at Dottie.

"Well, where are you going now, eh?
Hmm? Introduce me at least.

"Excuse me."

"Look at this." Micheal exclaims, "look at this. This is it, Gina. This is my fucking people. Do you want to know the truth, Arthur? Do you want to know the truth, Mum? I did not betray my fucking family!"

Dottie shakes her head slightly.

"Now, Mum... I want to go home."

"I've booked you a suite at the Midland Hotel," Polly says.

"Was that Tommy's orders, then, was it?" Micheal scoffs, "see, the Midland Hotel is Tommy's little kingdom. Where all the porters keep an eye, where all the telephone exchange girls are reporting on my calls."

Arthur, with a smirk hiding under his bushy moustache, chuckles. He steps towards Arthur, almost touching foreheads. "Yeah, well, why don't you think of it like, er, quarantine, Michael, eh? We'll treat you like a fucking dog, hmm? Smelly one. Stinking one. Until we know you're clean, hmm?"

"Fuck you, Arthur."

I'm surprised Florence hasn't said fuck, Dottie instantly thinks.

"Stand aside, Arthur." Dottie orders, crossing her arms over her chest.

"No, Dots."

Dottie steps towards where Arthur breathes in to Micheal's face. She takes Eliza's hand as Gina then takes Micheal's arm, pulling him away from Arthur.

"Come on, baby. Forget about 'em."

"Go and phone Tommy, tell him," Polly starts, "Polly says Michael's telling the truth."

Dottie rolls her eyes, "come on. My cars down here, I'll drive you to my house. Fuck if you're staying at the hotel."

Gina smiles, a small smile that doesn't meet her eyes.

"One of you will have to sit in the back with the girls. Gina, I hope you're alright with kids," Dottie says, half smiling as Arthur calls out to them.

"Nice coat. What are you like? Camel, right?"

"Oh." Polly says, making Micheal turn round. "Welcome to the family, Gina Gray."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.7K 1.5K 20
'π’½π‘œπ“…π‘’' /hΙ™ΚŠp/ noun '𝓉𝒽𝑒 π’»π’Ύπ“‡π“ˆπ“‰ π“ˆπ“‰π‘’π“… π“‰π‘œπ“Œπ’Άπ“‡π’Ήπ“ˆ π’Ήπ’Ύπ“ˆπ’Άπ“…π“…π‘œπ’Ύπ“ƒπ“‰π“‚π‘’π“ƒπ“‰' - michael gray x fem!oc peaky blinders
2.7M 37.5K 115
*UNDER EDITING* Imagines for your favourite Shelby family (and Alfie!)
374K 6K 31
This story is about the youngest member of the Shelby family, Vive. Together with her brothers she grows up under the smoke of Small Heath. Surrounde...
482K 10.2K 32
the youngest petrovna gets tangled in an affair with a peaky blinder. john shelby complete