The Troublemaker And The Mast...

By cyan_butterfly2205

Kaneko Sumire is a free-spirited person and a troublemaker. Be it bringing a cat to class or fawning over Ko... More

OC Introduction
The Bus Incident
My Crazy Best Friend
Suspicious Kaneko With Her Suspicious Bag
Cat Chaos
Koenji-sama
Warmth
Cup Noodles and Ice Cream
Number 1 Tool
A New Friend
Fluffy First Times
Just 'Our' Things
Not-Roommate-Roommate
Invitation
The S-System Explanation
Club Fair
Basketball Club
Swimming Class

Introductions

1.5K 55 7
By cyan_butterfly2205

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka POV

"I agree! After all, we don't know each other's names, let alone anything about each other."

After the first person agreed, the previous hesitant students subsequently voiced their support.

"My name is Hirata Yousuke. Because I was often called by my first name, Yousuke, in middle school, feel free to use my first name. Although I like all sports, I like soccer in particular, and also plan to play soccer at this school. Please take care of me."

The young man who proposed that the class introduce themselves, smoothly and impeccably did his self introduction.

You really have a lot of guts. And you even talked about soccer. After talking about soccer with that refreshing expression, his popularity multiplied by 2 times, no, 4 times. Look, look, all the girls near Hirata have hearts in their eyes.

Like this, Hirata became one of the central figures of the class, and would probably draw everyone's attention until we graduated.

And then he would probably go out with the cutest girl in the class. That's probably how things will end up.

But Kaneko is my best friend. I don't want to share my first ever friend with anybody.

But looking at things until now, I would probably have to share her with a lot of other people.

At least, I hope that the position of her best friend will still be mine.

"Well, if that was satisfactory... then, can we start self introductions from the beginning?"

Being smooth to the very end, Hirata asked for confirmation.

Although the first girl was perplexed and nervous, she soon made up her mind and stood up.

In other words, she was flustered by Hirata's words.

"M-my name is Inogashira K-Ko--"

As she tried to introduce herself, her words stopped in her mouth.

Whether her mind went blank or she couldn't collect her thoughts fully, she was unable to speak clearly. When words no longer came out, her face became pale in embarassment. It's rare seeing someone get so nervous.

"Do your best~"

"It's okay if you don't rush~"

Those kind of words came from a classmate. But those words stuck in her throat disappeared. The silence continued for 5 seconds, then 10 seconds. The pressure was palpable.

Small giggles came from some of the girls in the classroom. She was paralyzed in fear. One of the girls spoke up.

"Doing it slowly is fine, don't rush through it."

Although her words were similar to "do your best~" and "it's okay if you don't rush", the meaning her words held was completely different.

To the nervous girl, the boys' words seemed a bit forceful.

On the other hand, the girl's words told her to go at her own pace, and felt more reassuring.

After regaining a bit of her composure, she breathed in and out to calm herself down.

While she was doing this, Kaneko spoke up.

"Don't worry! If anyone dares to make fun of you, I'll find that cat again and put it in their room."

With this, everyone, including the nervous girl, started laughing. The girl was now completely relaxed. She looked gratefully at Kaneko.

"My name is, Inogashira... Kokoro. Um, my hobby is sewing and I'm good at knitting. P-please take care of me."

From the first word, she said all she wanted to say without stopping.

"Heeeeh~ really? Can you teach me that too? I am thinking that a handknit muffler will make a good Valentines' gift if I manage to find someone to give it to~"

With this, the boys looked at Kaneko with heart eyes and a blush on their faces. Their expression was so determined, it seemed like tomorrow was Valentines' day and they only had one day more to impress her.

On the other hand, the girls' faces lit up with inspiration. They probably thought it was a good idea too.

"Yes! Please teach us too, Inogashira-san."

"Me too~"

Inogashira started blushing. She smiled happily and agreed to teach them how to knit.

Kaneko really was good at making people feel comfortable.

She is a really good rolemodel to learn social skills from.

With a relieved, delighted, and slightly embarassed expression, Inogashira sat down.

Thanks to the help, Inogashira's introduction finished without any trouble. Other self introductions followed.

"I'm Yamauchi Haruki. In elementary school, I played table tennis at the national level, then was the baseball club's ace in middle school-- I had uniform number 4. But since I got an injury during Inter High recently, so I am currently in the rehab. Nice to meet ya."

I don't think the number 4 has any meaning to it...

And Inter High is a sports tournament for high school... you can't compete as a middle schooler.

Or was he trying to tell a joke? I got the impression that he was a frivolous and loose-mouthed type of person.

I was only thinking this, but unfortunately for Yamauchi, Kaneko had no qualms about saying all of this out loud.

"Hey Yamauchi-kun~"

Yamauchi's eyes suddenly started sparkling as he looked at Kaneko and he started drooling. It seemed he was in a daydream.

Did he think that he had managed to impress Kaneko?

Well, think again.

"Did you fail in your first time attending High school and are doing it again, or are you lying about going to the Inter High? Hmm~?"

Everyone started snickering while Yamauchi's face became red and he sat down at his seat with his head down.

"Then I'm next, right?"

The cheerful girl who stood up next was the one who told Inogashira to introduce herself at her own pace.

And the girl that became the first friend of Kaneko in this school.

Kushida Kikyou.

I'm jealous.

"My name is Kushida Kikyou, and since none of my friends from middle school came to this school, I want to get to know everyone and become friends."

Most students finished their greetings after a few words, but Kushida continued to talk.

"First of all, I want to become friends with everyone here. After all of you are done with your introductions, please exchange contact information with me!"

Her words weren't just words. I could tell immediately that she was the type of girl to open up her heart immediately.

Her words to Inogashira weren't just encouragement that seemed appropriate for the situation, but were her true feelings.

Also, she was the one to initiate the conversation with Kaneko and made friends with her so quickly on the bus.

She seemed the type of person who would get along with everyone.

"Then, during vacations or after school, I want to make memories with many people, so please invite me to many events."

"Kushida-chan~ You're so adorable. Surely, anyone would be happy to make friends with you. But don't you ever forget that I am your first friend in this school."

Kaneko was pouting.

Other students looked at them with curiosity at what Kaneko had said.

"Hahaha, don't worry Sumire-chan. You will always be my friend."

Kaneko beamed at her.

She is so cute.

After Kaneko, I think it would definitely be Kushida who would get along with all the boys and girls in the class.

While Kushida was the type of girl the boys will have a crush on but hesitate to approach, and girls could only admire from afar, Kaneko was the type both boys and girls will have no difficulty getting along with.

They were already doing so.

... Of course, it's not like I'm critiquing other people's self introductions.

I'm feeling a bit restless for some reason. What should I say in my introduction... Should I try to tell a joke too?

Or should I bring about laughs like Kaneko did, during my speech?

People seemed to like her because of that.

No, but I wonder. I don't think that I have enough experience in society to do that. To begin with, I'm not that kind of character.

Should I go with the social anxiety excuse?

Kaneko already thinks that, and up until this point I have seen her giving her opinion on the introductions. By what I know of her until now, I think she will want to help me and in the process, out that in my introduction itself.

While I was lost in my worries, the self introductions continued.

Then, the next one is -----

As Hirata looked at the next student, the next student shot him a sharp glare.

With bright red hair, the boy looked like a delinquent and spoke in a manner that matched his appearance.

"You guys idiots? I don't wanna introduce myself, just leave me alone."

A/N - I am really sorry, guys. I became a bit lazy and wrote and published this chapter late. Hope you guys won't mind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

393K 10K 125
Y/N is the daughter of the villain Dabi, and is determined to move past her father's expectations. She runs away from her abusive father, and finds...
160K 7.4K 57
There's not enough canon info about what happens when you die. Everyone's curious to know yet most are too scared to find out. Death is an unnerving...
667K 13.8K 87
[COMPLETED] Mila Wilson is quiet, anxious and a little bit of a mess. When she finally starts college despite her mental health issues, she meets the...
54.9K 1.7K 30
manman poukisa ap kriye"(mom why are you crying) I ask her she looks at me and I see a note in her hands I grab it and look at it and start reading i...