Vampire Knight: The Kiryu's P...

By BloodDollRaven

Book 1: The Kiryu's Adopted Pureblood, Book 2: The Kiryu's Pureblood Lover Book cover created by me, Blood Do... More

1- The Alliance of Humans and Vampires
2- Discussions
3- Meeting The Association President
4- Dances, Talks, and a little Rivalry
5- A Moment To Rest
7- Waiting For You
8- The Mismatching Eyes
8.5- Beasts in Human Form
9- Today We Meet
10- Confrontation
11- Kiyomi the Vampire Slayer
12- The Hunters Trap
13- We Are In This Together
14- Broken Systems

6- Happy Birthday My Love

21 1 0
By BloodDollRaven

Birthday special! Yay! Remember to give a kind vote if you like the story, please!

_____________________________

"Time for class. I can hear the herd going wild. No, I shouldn't call them that anymore. I've gotten to know quite a few students." Alondra sighs as she stands next to Kaname. "They're extra eager today. I wonder why?" A few members of the Night Class gulp, Alondra, doesn't catch on being out front. The gates open, and there seems to be some sort of gates keeping them in line.

"Oh wow, usually they bring this stuff out on St. Xocolatel's day. I didn't think this many people would come." Hanabusa thinks to himself. He thinks back to a couple of months ago.

During the class exchange, a couple of girls were calling for his attention and, with flattery, managed to get out of him the birthdays of some Night Class members. Alondra was one of them.

"Yuki?" Alondra questions the brunette that bows before her. Zero and Ichiru - with much annoyance - keep things under control.

"Due to a heavy demand from the Day Class to the Headmaster, the students have requested to have a gift giving event for Alondra-chan on her birthday. Happy birthday!" Yuki stands up and smiles brightly at her.

"Eh?! How did they know?!" Yuki shrugs, Hanabusa slightly ducks down. "Um, this many students want to give me gifts? I know I've tried to make friendlier events between classes, but still."

"Well, everyone is eager because of the events you've hosted for our classes, so the rules: If you could pass through each line to receive gifts, we would have a wheelbarrow to put all gifts on it! Night Class is free to go on to class. You are excused until all gifts are exchanged." Yuki explains. Alondra sighs but smiles. Alondra goes to where she is directed by Yuki. She volunteers to be the wheelbarrow girl.

"Ah, um, please accept this, Alondra-senpai! Happy birthday, and thank you for the opportunity I had to make some friends at the game night!" A girl says bashfully as she hands out a small bag of sweets with a card attached to it. Alondra takes it and looks at the gift. She smiles sincerely.

"Thank you, I'll try not to eat these all up in one day. They're so cute." The girl squeals delighted and goes to the back to wait for her friends.

Zero and Ichiru look back at Alondra, who listens to everyone's wishes with real interest and shows them genuine gratitude. She never repeats the same comment, other than her thanks as everyone gives her a unique gift that are small and large. Yuki is beginning to have trouble pushing the wheelbarrow.

"Geez, I'll take over now." Zero goes over to her. She apologizes and thanks Zero. Alondra glances back and smiles at Zero before having to go back to the students. Zero follows behind her.

"Please accept my letter! I like you and all my feelings are written in this letter!" Zero's eye twitches as a girl confesses her feelings for Alondra. Alondra tilts her head and smiles.

"That makes me happy, but I can't accept your feelings since I'm already in love with someone. I hope we can still be friends and you will still come to school events. May you find a girl who will love you as much as you can love them." The girl tears up but is happy that Alondra didn't dismiss her confession even though they're both girls. She responded like she probably would have if it was a boy who confessed.

Meanwhile, Ichiru hears some guys in line behind him. "Wah, maybe I shouldn't confess my feelings for Kasumioji-san. Ah no, I will! If she can smile beautifully at me like tha-" His friends motion for him to be quiet. Another points behind him. He looks back at Ichiru, who glares at him with an ominous aura around him. You would think it was Zero in front of them.

"I would suggest otherwise if you don't want to meet your demise at my hand." The guy squeals in fear. He definitely can't compete with Ichiru, who has feelings for Alondra.

"Ichiru-kun, you're scaring the students, stop it." Yuki tugs at his arm, struggling to pull him away from the cowering guy.

Alondra is about to finish the line she is on. She's surprised to see Senri and Rima stayed behind and waited for their turn patiently.

"Eh? You guys didn't go to class? You know I could have received your gifts there." Alondra says with a soft laugh. Some girls are very happy that they got a chance to chat with Senri and Rima, who had waited in line.

"I wanted to be first from the Night Class." Senri says as he holds out a small box. It looks like a ring could fit in there. Alondra jumps and others close by gasp. They look to Zero, who looks unbothered, besides the ominous aura. Senri opens the box to reveal some expensive looking earrings. Alondra let's out a breath.

"I got the matching bracelet." Rima opens her gift of the matching bracelet with blue sapphires all around it.

"Wah... these look expensive. I don't know about this." Alondra hesitates to even touch them.

"It's fine. We were allowed by the jewelry store owner to take our pick after promoting their products as models." Rima assures Alondra. She feels like she shouldn't put those in the wheelbarrow. Instead, she puts it into her uniform jacket pockets.

"Well, thanks you two. I really appreciate it. I'll see you in class!" Alondra is still a bit nervous about the expensive gifts.

"Happy birthday, Alondra..." They both say to her. Alondra thanks them again and waves as they leave. She keeps on going.

The gift exchange ends, and Alondra looks back at all the students. She smiles and bows her head. "I appreciate all your gifts and wishes. I'll read your letters as soon as I can. I need to get back to class now, but please let's continue to get along during our next event that will be announced on the school bulletin board!" She waves and runs back to class. The prefects keep the students in check, and mainly Zero scares them back to the Sun Dorms.

"Ah, all done. We should get this stuff back to Alondra-chan's dorm, and you two can go to class as well." Yuki says as she feels like she can breathe. She smiles as she sees the huge pile of gifts. "Alondra-chan sure is amazing. She really is working hard on her princess duties to give co-existence between humans and vampires a chance to get to know each other. Just like the party. She charmed everyone in the room, and many seemed to grow admiration for her."

Zero and Ichiru think back to their childhood. She has always had the power to charm people around her. It's how she ended up being adopted by their family. It's how Toga Yagari, Kaien Cross, and even in his own way, Kaito Takamiya had kept her continued existence a secret in the Kiryu home. There is something about her presence that draws people in. The good and the bad.

The trio brings the gifts to the Moon Dorms, putting them somewhere out of the way in Alondra's room.

"Sucks that she's now so beloved." Ichiru mumbles annoyed a bit. They wished her birthday wishes as soon as they could, but they held off on their gifts to her for the right moment.

"Eh, you guys are definitely jealous." Yuki teases the twins who glare at her. She puts her hands up defensively and then looks at Zero.

"What?" He questions her. Yuki smiles a bit.

"I always wondered for the four years we lived with the Headmaster... why during this time you would seem to isolate yourself more and really didn't want to talk. Now I understand, it pained you not being able to celebrate Alondra-chan's birthday." Yuki feels relieved that it wasn't anything she did. It was just a painful day for him. "Zero, will you be happy now that you can celebrate with Alondra-chan again?"

"Yes, I'm happy." He leads the two of them out, and Yuki leaves the twins who head to class.

"Today is going to be a difficult time to spend it with Alondra alone. Everyone is going to be around all the time to give her gifts or birthday wishes. Her world is spreading faster than I can keep up." Ichiru pauses outside of the school building. He voices his concerns to Zero.

Zero also stops, his hands in his jacket pockets before he looks back at his younger brother. "Ichiru... this was Alondra all along. A beacon that draws many to her, we just never saw it when we were little because we kept her hidden away from the world. Maybe we were selfish to keep her all to ourselves. Don't forget it is what caused you-"

"I got it, I don't need the reminder about that. . . Even so, it's shocking to see it happening so quickly." Ichiru feels a bit lonely. He jumps as Zero puts his hand on his head. Ichiru frowns and clicks his tongue. "Don't pet my head like I'm a child." Yet, he makes no effort to move Zero's hand.

"It'll be fine, Ichiru. We will get our chance to be with her and give her our gifts." He smiles a bit before putting his hand down and heading inside. Ichiru keeps on frowning before going back inside with him.

~0~

"Say Senri, did you give Alondra-chan your gift?" Takuma questions the younger man. He nods, and in spite of the poker face, he has happiness radiating off of him.

"Rima did, too. We got her a matching set of jewelry. The scary prefect definitely was mad for a moment." Senri says, and Takuma laughs a little nervously at his oblivious friend. The small box definitely looked like a ring box, and anyone would assume he was proposing.

"Well, hopefully, the rest of us can live up to such a grand gift. Now we better head back to the Moon Dorms. How lucky that they ended classes early today!" Takuma gets up, grabbing his textbooks as students continue to file out. Rima and Senri stand and follow Takuma out of the school building. Zero and Ichiru follow behind the Night Class watching for any stragglers or wanderers.

"Oh man..." Alondra cringes as she sees a whole bunch of boxes that were not there earlier. "Does everyone know when my birthday is?!" Maids come out from around boxes.

"Alondra-sama, the mailman brought in a truckload of gifts today! We are going over and organizing the families they came from. Also, making sure it's safe for you." The head maid says cheerfully. Alondra blushes in embarrassment as students try to get through to the stairs.

"Oh gosh... I'm so sorry, everyone! I did not expect this at all. So many people are thinking of me today. How did my birthday get out?!" She puts out her hands and moves all unorganized gifts to the furthest wall with some of her wind powers, stacking whichever seem safe to do so.

"Well, your birth was announced to vampire society. Most of us were still very little or, if not born yet." Takuma explains to Alondra. She tilts her head confused.

"I see, makes sense, but... uh, I'd never been bombarded by gifts before." She lowers her hands and rounds up cards with the wind that are astray.

"That was before vampire society got to know you. Now, you are the most beloved princess in vampire society. The rumor mill spreads fast, and it is easy to see after the impact you've made." Alondra blushes at Takuma's comment. She doesn't think very highly of herself, and what she's doing feels so small. She has no idea how the little things make such a huge impact for individuals. That is her flaw. She does not realize all that she's worth.

"And or some of them just want to be in your good graces for their own benefit." Hanabusa adds in and comes over to Alondra, putting his arm around her and holding a gift.

"Thanks, Hanabusa..." Alondra rolls her eyes as he grins. She takes the gift and then looks to Hanabusa, whose arm is being twisted.

"Hands off." Ichiru threatens Aido. He yelps in pain, pleading for mercy.

"Whoa, whoa, hang on, Ichiru. It's alright. He's just joking around!" Alondra holds his arm and pulls him away. Ichiru releases him. She can only sigh and pulls Ichiru to the stairs. "I'll be back to help move the gifts! I need to have a chat with Ichiru."

"It's no trouble, Alondra-sama!" The head maid calls out as they keep working. Zero watches them go, hoping she can knock some sense into him.

Alondra pulls him into her room, and she sits at her desk chair and points to her bed since she doesn't have another chair. Ichiru goes to her bed and sits down. He is not in a happy mood. Alondra crosses her arms and tilts her head, watching over how Ichiru keeps his gaze lowered.

"Ichiru, what's going on? You're definitely upset about something. Usually, Zero is the more aggressive one. Did something happen? I want this to be a good day, after all. I hadn't celebrated a great birthday since your family taught me what they were, and now I get the chance to spend my birthday together with you two." Alondra becomes a bit sad, imagining that Ichiru could be upset about something like today.

"I'm alright." He says after a while. Alondra doesn't buy it at all. She stands up and stands in front of him. Ichiru looks up at her, closing his eyes as she reaches her gentle hands to his face. He opens them when she says or does nothing. "It's... It's scary watching how your world is changing so fast... right before my eyes. So many people are looking for your attention. After everything that has happened, the idea of someone wanting to take you away and-" Alondra kisses Ichiru gently. His eyes widen for a moment before he responds to the kiss. She pulls back slowly and presses their foreheads together. A gesture that they've done since they were children to somehow convey their feelings at a deeper level.

"Sorry Ichiru, but you and Zero are stuck with me until the day we turn to dust. I waited years to be together again, and now that I have you both again, I'm not letting go. Do you understand? I love you." Alondra speaks honestly, but she starts to blush as she processes her deep love. Like always, Ichiru is reassured by her honest heart. It also brings a bit of guilt as he thinks about how things went in the past. Sometimes, he has a hard time moving on from the moment he helped get his parents killed, and his brother be cursed into vampiredom.

"I love you too. So, much, thank you for easing my worries. Though, I think I will always be afraid of the world that is drawn in by you. But you are also mine, and I'm not letting you go either. I won't give you up to anyone." He hugs her close. He feels her tense up as the only way to hug comfortably is to have her sit on his lap. He can see how red the tips of her ears are as she keeps her head lowered. "It's so cute how conscious you are of me. It really feels like a dream that my love came true."

Alondra lifts up her head it is totally flushed, but she has a pout on her face. "Well, it's not a dream. This is real, Ichiru Kiryu." Ichiru smiles and then reaches into his jacket pocket. He pulls out a bracelet with special charms that reminded him of Alondra.

"I know how much you hate rings, so I got you this bracelet for you to wear. It's not as fancy as the ones from those two, but... um, happy birthday." Alondra hugs him and kisses his cheek.

"I love it. Put it on me, please." She pulls down her jacket and shirt sleeve on her left side. Ichiru unclasps the bracelet and puts it on her wrist. Alondra shakes it happily as it rests in place. Ichiru smiles as well and holds her wrist to kiss it gently. There is a knock at the door, and the two of them look toward her door. They sense Zero on the other side.

"It's Zero." Alondra gets up and goes to open the door. She smiles up at him. "Okay, I think we finished. What's up?"

"Thanks for cheering him up. Anyway, come with me, you two. It's important." Zero has a serious face. Alondra becomes concerned and nods. Ichiru gets up and follows behind her as they make their way out to the back gardens of the Moon Dorms. Zero opens the door, letting Alondra out first. She is confused by the silence but senses something.

"Surprise!" The Night Class turns on some fairy lights to make the place look nice. Alondra's eyes widen, and she sees her parents front and center, Yuki, Kaien, Kaito, and Yagari. Though, the two of them are their usual serious selves. Alondra smiles and looks back at Zero and Ichiru. They were in on the plan and helped distract her. They smile back at her.

"Happy birthday, my rose bud!" Maxwell hugs his daughter. Estella comes on over as well and gets her turn to hug her.

"Happy birthday, sweetie. You have grown so wonderfully in the time we've gotten to know you. It may not be long, but we are still so proud of how much you've done." Estella smiles lovingly at her daughter and gently wipes away at Alondra's developing tears. Maxwell leans in to kiss her forehead gently.

"Thank you, Mama, Papa. Thank you to everyone who is celebrating with me today. This has been a great birthday, I've gotten to see how many people hold me in their thoughts and took the time to wish me a happy birthday. I really am so lucky to have found so many friends and family to spend a day like today with. Really, thank you." Alondra wipes away her watery eyes again and smiles at everyone, hoping her sincere feelings were expressed properly. The students clap, and then the music starts up in the background, and people go about partying in a calm manner.

Alondra walks around, thanking her classmates, and she laughs as she sees another batch of presents at a center table. They are all gifts from her classmates. She looks at the wrapped boxes and gift bags, tissue paper hiding whatever is inside. "My goodness, it's gonna take a week to open all the gifts. I don't even think my dorm is going to have space for everything. I hope it's not all jewelry... I don't even wear it all that often." Concern fills her thoughts as she looks at the gifts. A familiar presence pauses her thoughts, and she looks up at a tree. A white owl is perched on a branch, watching her closely.

"Kira." Alondra smiles gently at the owl, walking behind the gift table and makes her way up to the tree. She lands gently on the branch beside the owl and sits down. She touches it gently with her finger, and she finds a rolled up letter on its neck. She takes it off and unrolls it to read the letter Kira sent her. She sees that there are indentations from previous drafts. She can tell he probably took a few times to find the right words. "You... you're a dangerous man, Kira. Such sweet words for me. I think someone else would be better suited if I can't correspond. Someone better for you than -"

"No way." Alondra jumps and looks up at Kira, who stands beside her where the owl was perched before. "I can be a patient man. Be that one year, ten years, one hundred, a thousand, or ten thousand years, I will wait for you to choose me. I'll love you for the rest of my life until I die of starvation." Kira's sincerity makes Alondra blush. It brings her back to the moments he changed before her eyes when she was with him in his manor.

"Kira, that's unfair... I also wish for you to be happy. I can't be that person, but whoever is, she will be so lucky to be loved this deeply by you." Alondra carefully stands on the branch. Kira grabs her arm so she doesn't fall, but he doesn't let go. Alondra looks at his pained expression. She knows that her words cause him pain, but she can't lie to him. She does not harbor the same feelings for him as he does.

"Like I said, I will be patient. We are purebloods, even nobles. We will outlive them. Don't decide for me that I should be with someone else. You are the one I will wait a lifetime for. Until those eyes look at me like you look at those twins. Happy birthday, my love." He puts a gentle hand to her cheek. He leans in and kisses her forehead. Alondra flinches a bit from the sudden kiss, closing her eyes. She then doesn't feel anything at all. The words on the letter disappeared, and the paper turns to dust.

"Are you hiding away already?" Alondra jumps and looks down at Kaito, who looks at the girl standing atop the branch.

"Not exact -" The branch snaps, it's so sudden that Alondra can't react. Yet, Kaito's reflexes are immediate, and he just catches her, but they both fall to the ground. "Oww... of course, it would break with two full-grown people on it. Thanks for the save, Kaito!" Alondra is unaffected since Kaito took the brunt of the fall.

"Yeah, no problem..." His face shows there is a problem, though. Students gather as they see her straddling on his waist as he lies there. Alondra blushes and looks at the crowd.

"Uh... I know what it looks like, but he saved me from a fall." She points to the broken branch. For the most part, they buy it.

"Wow, Alondra-sama may even seduce another hunter. As to be expected of our beloved princess!" Someone comments.

"Are you okay?! You're not injured, are you?!" Another questions in concern.

"Oh, I'm- ah!" Kaito pushes Alondra off. She lands right on her bottom. She winces and rubs her butt. That definitely gets protests that make some students vocal. She settles them down.

"Kindly get off me, will you?" He says, annoyed as he gets up and dusts himself off. Alondra pouts, and a hand comes out to help her.

"Thank you, Zero." Alondra smiles as she takes his hand. He helps her up, letting her wipe off grass and dirt from her knees and skirt. No stains remain. He grabs her hand again to look at her wrist.

"You got your gift from Ichiru." Alondra smiles and nods. Zero flinches at the expectant look in Alondra's eyes. He sighs and pulls her away from the crowd that slowly disperses now that they're assured Alondra is okay.

"This gift... I had it ready for you before... well, you know. Anyway, I want to give it to you now. It's a locket, I held back on getting the heart-shaped one, and I know you like antiques like these." Zero holds out a locket he had in his jacket pocket. Alondra takes the circular pendant and opens it to see a picture of Amaya and Ryouta on one side, carrying a baby Ichiru and Zero. The other side is a picture of when Zero and Ichiru were twelve with what they thought was a younger Alondra who was actually eleven. Alondra tears up as she looks at the familiar faces of her first set of parents.

"Thank you, I love it." Alondrs hugs him as she holds the locket close to her heart. "I was scared that the faces of Okaasan and Otousan would fade from my memory. Now I can look at them whenever I want."

Zero holds her close, running his fingers through her hair. He pulls out a couple of blades of grass. "What were you doing?"

"Ah... I was on a tree branch. It broke, and boom, Kaito was my cushion. Oh, maybe he was looking for me to wish me a happy birthday and well... it became a mess." Alondra laughs a little at the memory.

"That would be a huge surprise if he actually did such a thing." They both nod in agreement. "Anyway, are you going to wear the locket now?"

"Oh!" Alondra turns around and holds up her long hair. Zero puts the locket around her neck and clasps it, but doesn't release it yet. "Zero, is it done?"

Alondra jumps and nearly drops her hair as she feels warm breath beside her neck. "You guys get hungry at the most opportune moment." She tilts her head and exposes more of her neck as Zero releases the locket.

"Sorry, I can't help it. I desire your blood so much. It's the only one that keeps me sane and controls the beast in my heart." Zero whispers gently as he bites her neck and drinks. Alondra blushes and closes her eyes. It feels really good when they bite her.

Alondra tries to calm her breathing as Zero pulls out his fangs and licks off the excess. She shivers, and her knees become weak. Zero holds her up, wrapping his arms around her.

"This is so bad for my heart. These twins just do what they want with me, and I can't fight it at all. These are not just innocent feelings anymore. I desire more..." Alondra regains her bearings.

"By any chance, did Ichiru drink your blood? Is that why your legs gave out?" Zero questions, and Alondra just turns her head away from his gaze further and shakes her head. He leans in again to see what expression she is trying to hide from him.

"Don't look! I look really shameful!" Alondra shields her face, and Zero smiles a bit as he helps her adjust on her feet.

"There is nothing wrong with that. It makes me happy how you're conscious of me." He jumps as a squeal escapes her. He's learned that it happens when he and Ichiru do the same thing or say the same thing. She really has a lot of fun with them being twins.

"Um! Uh, we-we should go back now before they start looking for us!" Alondra pulls away from Zero and turns to face him, with what she hopes is a normal expression. Zero's eyes slightly widen at the sight of her flushed face and slightly lowered lids. Like she's holding back a lot.

"No, I won't let anyone out there see that hungry look on your face." Zero touches her warm cheek. She closes her eyes and shivers very visibly. He, too, begins to feel that hunger in him. It's drastically different than his hunger for her blood.

"Ah, my heart is beating so fast. These feelings are so intense. I don't know what to do. Someone save me!" Her thoughts call out. She's overwhelmed by the sensations that intrude her heart and body.

"There you are! Come, it's time to get some cake!" Estella bursts back inside and walks up to her daughter. "So sorry, Zero-kun, I am going to give my child some cake now!"

"That's fine." Zero says, he stays in place as Estella leads Alondra out. She puts her hands over her chest as he heart begins to calm down.

"Mama... um..."

"I'm sure those feelings are overwhelming. Loving someone so deeply that your own desires scare you. Take your time and learn about your feelings. I've taught you how to be safe." Estella pets down her hair as she leads her out.

"It is... these feelings. I want to talk to them, but I don't even know where to start or how to start." They pause outside the door. Estella hugs her daughter.

"It is a difficult conversation, but in the end, you will be glad you had it. You don't have to overthink it. In the moment, your true feelings will come out when the timing is right. I'm sorry I can't tell you what to say, only you know what you have to say to those two." Alondra hugs her back and nods. It may not have given her a clear answer, but at least she knows her feelings are not uncommon.

"Thanks, Mama... I will face Ichiru and Zero head on with these feelings that live in my heart. Now... I want cake." Estella laughs softly and pulls back. She nods and leads out her daughter to get some cake.

~0~

Alondra yawns as she finally looks at the time from opening gifts and reading birthday cards. From the vampires are rather expensive gifts varying from jewelry, clothes, perfumes, and makeup. She is not surprised. Most of that stuffise things she rarely uses, if at all. They just went for expensive and luxury brand things.

"I'm tired. I'll do another batch tomorrow. Yeah, that works." Alondra stands up from the floor and goes to put aside the cards. She jumps as one of them slips out and lands at her feet. The faint scent of blood catches her nose as the envelope opens.

She picks it up, and the scent of blood becomes even stronger. She's never smelled this blood, but it also has some familiarity to it. She just can't place it. Her heart pounds in her chest as she opens it. The fancy handwriting used blood as ink. Her resolve steels, and she begins to read the short text.

"May your heart be as tasty as your blood smells. I'll see you soon, birthday princess. ~R.K"

"R.K... a threat, but they were not brave enough to sign their full name. The blood smells strong. This must be a pureblood." Her mind goes through a checklist of pureblood families that remain. "Hio, Ouri, Hanadagi, Touma, Shoto, Shirabuki, and... Kuran." Her eyes widen as she recalls a conversation she had with the twins previously after the party with the vampires.

"Rido Kuran... is he not dead?! I need to talk to Ichiru now!" Alondra steps out of her room and enters their room, interrupting their sleep. Ichiru grunts as Alondra jumps on him.

"What?! What is it?!" He opens his eyes to look at a card in front of him. His blurry vision can't yet comprehend what he's looking at.

"Ichiru, is Rido Kuran still alive?" His eyes widen, and he sits up, Alondra straddles him as she continues to hold the card. He is now able to read it clearly. A threat to devour her heart. Zero takes the card from Alondra and reads it as well.

"Yes... Shizuka-sama's goal from the beginning was to devour Kaname Kuran's heart and gain his powers. She wished to take revenge on that man before he was revived. I wasn't there for any of this, but she told me that eleven years ago, that man's entire body was destroyed, and yet he survived. The Council of Elders is protecting him." Ichiru admits to her. Alondra sits back and looks at Ichiru in disbelief.

"I'm sorry, when were you planning on telling me this?!" Alondra is definitely upset that Ichiru failed to mention why the Council was bad news.

"It didn't seem like a problem until you killed your grandfather, until you started up this whole plan for a peace and alliance treaty with bodies of power that want to only use you for their own selfish gain! Until... until Rido Kuran's attention turned to you." Ichiru says both apologetically and also angrily. Alondra gets off the bed and clenches her hands.

"So this is my fault, is what you're saying?" Ichiru gets up and walks up to Alondra to hold her arms. She backs away from his touch. "Don't!"

"I'm not saying that-"

"Sure, sounds like it! You know what, I don't need to hear this right now. There's actually a pretty shady character I am facing now instead." Alondra walks out of their room fuming.

"Alondra, wait!" Zero grabs Ichiru by the arm. "Let go of me, Zero!"

"Don't make her even more upset. Let her calm down. You know how she gets when she blows up after silently fuming." Zero warns his twin. Ichiru pulls his arm away but listens and doesn't go after Alondra.

Alondra makes her way to Kaname's room and tries to knock, but the door opens. Alondra looks up at Kaname, who looks like he had been waiting for her.

"What brings the birthday princess in so late into my-"

"I'm not in the mood for jokes or casual chit-chat. Yuki may be all wishy-washy about confronting you, but I am not the same. The common factors in this are you, Kaname. If you wish to continue to use me, then you better tell me everything." Kaname looks down at Alondra's blank expression. She is angry, though. He can tell from the clenched jaw and fists. He steps aside and lets her in.

"I have three questions for you: first off is Rido Kuran your ally or your enemy?" She asks him. Kaname sits on the couch in his large room.

"He is my enemy. Someone I want dead, but I can't accomplish that on my own. I do not have the ability to deliver the finishing blow." Kaname tells her truthfully. Alondra nods and determines he is being honest.

"Are that incident where Rido was destroyed and Yuki being in that snowy mountain related?" Kaname nods in confirmation. Alondra's third question changes as he confirms that.

"Last question: is the reason Rido Kuran wants to devour my heart have to do with Yuki in any way? And I want the real answer, don't worry, I won't say anything to Yuki. It's not my place to do so." She assures him. Kaname pauses, staring at the young princess.

"Yes, because Yuki is also a Kuran pureblood who was turned human by our mother." Alondra's eyes widen in surprise. She had figured that Kaname and Yuki had a connected past, but nothing like that. With Yuki being a former pureblood.

"I see. Then, that means that Rido wants to come after Yuki then. That could be troublesome for the academy. An unwanted battle is expected. You want us to do the dirty work and protect Yuki from Rido Kuran." Kaname looks up to Alondra, who looks at him with a displeased expression.

"Originally, I had planned to use the feelings Zero Kiryu had for Yuki. you were the factor I was not expecting. You changed everything, and I no longer had a sacrificial pawn to protect Yuki." Kaname tells her outright. That does make her upset again.

"You manipulative bastard, but at least you were honest. Well, you can't make use of my Zero any longer. How about you just be honest and leave Rido Kuran to me? I will deal with him, and you can run away with Yuki. Tell her the truth." Alondra says to him. Kaname looks at her with an unreadable expression.

"Rido will not be swayed by words. He does not deserve to live. He has done too much harm in his long life to continue as he is. You must kill him, or he will never stop coming for Yuki." Alondra smiles, but it is not an amused one.

"That manipulative language is just a given to you, right? I will handle Rido my own way. You just worry about Yuki and protect her yourself. Tell me, why couldn't you kill Rido?" She asks him again. Kaname smiles as well.

"You said only three questions." Alondra nods, knowing she did say that. He isn't going to reveal everything to her.

"Fine, then that's that. Thanks for answering my questions. Like I said, be honest, and your life could be so much easier. Goodnight." Alondra walks out of Kaname's room and heads back to hers. She presses against her door and locks it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

375K 11.4K 54
Mitsuki Kiryu, the older sister of Zero and Ichiru was told to attend Cross Academy and become a perfect with Zero and Yuki. Follow Mitsuki's advent...
321K 9.3K 30
(Y/n) is a pure blood vampire who has had an unpleasant childhood. Her mother had never treated her like she loved her. She soon attends Cross Academ...
136K 3.3K 45
This story involves two lovers, Mizuki Kuran and Zero Kiryu, who are from different races who has fall in love. No one knows about their relationship...
79K 3.3K 10
"I see them. . ." "We see her. . .A beast in human form. . ." "Incomplete twins. . ." Zero Kiryu and Ichiru Kiryu are identical twins born to a famil...