Emilia: Finding My Forever

By _dat_one_girl_

๐…๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐„๐ง๐ž๐ฆ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ ๐ญ๐จ ๐‹๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ Emilia, a mixture of Enzo and Elianna. She isn't afraid of anyone a... More

Important Disclaimers
Character Aesthetics
Prologue
1|The Groom's Pick
2|A Lifetime of Misery
3|The Wedding
4|I Hate Santo Valentino
5|My New Home
6|Kill or Be Killed
7|James
8|No Good
9|My New Thesis
10|Work of Art
11|His Parents
12|Two People Who Got Stuck Together
13|Fiji
14| Foreign Regions
15|Mountain Climbing
16|Economics
17|Sexual Healing
18|Beach Day
19|The Small Details
20|We Were Drunk
22|Comfort Meal
23|Traitor
24|Human Behaviour
25|Sweet Dreams
26|Liking My Husband
27|Playing Games
28|Emilia's Day
29|I Love To Shop
30|Reckless
31|Innocent Eyes
32|Wishing For My Forever
33|Red Roses
34|Effort
35|To Forevers
36|A Tensed Match
37|Loyalty and Trust
38|A Great Leader
39|Show Me Everything
40|A Surprise Visit
41|Just My Opinion
42|Becoming My Worst Nightmare
43|A Rough Night
44|Breathe
45|A Failure
46|Reading It
47|Fill the Void
48|Ball- Part 1
49| Ball- Part 2
Epilogue
His Secret-Book 1
Her Secret-Book 2
A Poem

21|Bittersweet Moments

70.8K 1.6K 398
By _dat_one_girl_

*Chapter song included*

Emilia's POV

I was awoken as a stabbing pain in my head demanded my attention.

When I finally opened my eyes, I was still wrapped in the arms of Santo.

I managed to lift my head to see his closed eyes as his chest slowly rose and fell. He was still asleep.

Should I wake him?

He had been having a hard time sleeping so I didn't want to disrupt him and to be honest, I really liked how it felt to be wrapped in his arms.

His muscular arms made me feel safe and secure. I knew that in these arms, no one would dare to trouble me.

Just a few more minutes and I'll wake him.

I closed my eyes as I buried my head in his chest again.

I furrowed my eyebrows when his phone began to ring.

Please don't wake up. Please don't wake up. Please don't wake up.

I internally screamed when he started to move.

He groaned as his arms unwrapped from around me. I made sure to keep my eyes shut and pretend I was still asleep.

"What?" I heard him angrily answer as he came out of the bed and walked out the room.

When I heard the door shut, I opened my eyes and sat up.

The world around me suddenly turned too bright, and even the softest sounds such as the air blowing out of the air conditioner or the birds chirping outside became an unwelcomed cacophony.

I'm never drinking again.

How did Santo go three days in a row without being this affected? Was this man a robot or something?

I flinched as I heard him yelling from outside.

I immediately fell back on the bed and covered my ears with a pillow.

It hurts so much.

"Why are you yelling?" I screamed as the pain was almost unbearable.

It's like the longer I am awake, the more I feel it.

"Get that pilot on the damn runway now!" he shouted as he stormed back into the room.

Pilot? Runway? What is he talking about?

Is this a dream?

He touched me. "Emilia, wake up."

"No," I groaned as I turned on my side. "Go away."

"Emilia, you need to get up now, we're leaving," he spoke in a demanding tone.

I forced myself to sit up. "Leaving? What are you talking about?"

"Pack, now!" he said with frustration in his tone.

"But what about our honeymoon?" I asked. "We still have a few days left."

"Emilia!" he shouted. "Just do as I say."

I threw my pillow at him. "Get out!"

He chuckled as he watched he watched the pillow next to him on the ground. That chuckle was not filled with joy, it was filled with annoyance.

I held my breath as I waited for his next move.

"You better be outside in ten minutes," he said before storming out.

When the door slammed, I finally took a breath as I got out the bed and opened my suitcase.

Tears filled my eyes as I began to pack. I didn't want to leave.

There were still so many places I needed to explore and I didn't want to return to those suspicious masked guards.

I got ready and changed into my long, white fitted dress with light blue flowers on it. I had planned on wearing it on our scheduled day to go back but I guess today will have to do.

On top of all this, my head was still killing me.

I dragged my suitcase to the door before opening it to find him texting away on his phone in the middle of the living room.

"Good, you're ready," he said before he looked up took up his suitcase, and walked to the door. "Let's go."

I rolled my eyes before following him to the car.

He put both of the suitcases in the trunk before we got in the car and took off.

He stayed in a tense silence for a while before he spoke up.

"About last night," he started and I had flashbacks of last night as I looked out the window. "Forget about what happened."

I turned to him with a raised eyebrow. "Which part? You grabbing my ass, telling me you killed your people, or us cuddling to sleep?"

His hands tightened around the steering wheel.

"All of it," he answered and I somewhat felt hurt. "Forget about this whole trip. I think it's best we go back to enemies, don't you think?"

I turned back to face the window. "Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking."

...

I played with my fingernails as we drove into his estate.

The flight was long and I was tired. It was already nighttime and I was ready to go to bed.

"Send me his number and I'll give him a call," he said as he rubbed his forehead.

He has been on the phone nonstop since we landed.

I wasn't sure what happened exactly but from what I gathered something had gone wrong with at Valentino.

"Fine, I'll call him in the morning instead," he said as he hung up the phone.

We hadn't spoken to each other since our last conversation.

I was angry.

He started opening up to me and giving me a chance to know him before he switched up on me.

I actually thought we would go somewhere in this marriage. Maybe we could've been friends.

The car slowed down in front of the mansion.

This was a bittersweet moment for me. I had actually missed this place. The large, modern infrastructure and getting to be in charge of my household made me miss it.

However, I didn't miss the coldness of this place. That eerie feeling I got whenever I was alone and the weird glances I got from the guards.

The worst thing of all is that I won't have delicious meals anymore.

I hated Santo for that. He took away the remaining days I had to savor those mouth-watering meals.

He could've left me if he had to go back so urgently.

My cooking will never live up to what I ate on our honeymoon.

We stepped out of the car and one of the guards opened the trunk to collect our bags.

His phone rang again and he answered. "Dante, where are you?"

He sighed as we started walking towards the front door. "Okay, I'll see you first thing in the morning."

He opened the door and turned to me. "Emilia, it's late. I think you should get some rest."

"Santo," I said as I walked inside. "We need to talk."

"About what?" he asked as he closed the door. "I think we already finished any conversations we needed to have back in Fiji."

"What's going on?" I asked. "What is so important that we had to leave?"

He opened his mouth to answer but someone stopped us.

"Santo, you're home," a woman's voice stopped us and we both turned to face her.

She looked a bit mature, probably in her late twenties or early thirties.

"Lucia, what are you doing here?" he asked as she walked up to us.

"Dante, called me and told me what happened so I came here to see if I could help with anything," she explained as she started touching his chest. "I've been going through your invoices all day."

He looked at me before clearing his throat and removing her hand from his chest. "It's getting late, I think you should leave and continue tomorrow."

"Why?" she asked confused. "I can just spend the night here."

"Lucia, you can't stay here," he made it clear.

She raised her eyebrow. "Why not?"

"I'm married now," he said sounding very uncomfortable.

He turned to me. "Emilia, you should get some rest. We had a long flight."

"What about our conversation?" I asked.

"It's over," he said sounding dismissive as always. "Go."

"I should've never talked to you on the honeymoon," I spat before walking up to the bedroom.

The only thing I missed from this room was the soft king-sized bed.

All I wanted to do was fall back on that bed and go to sleep. I was so tired that I didn't have time to think about that woman downstairs or Santo's shitty mood swings.

I just wanted to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 16.9K 65
[Semi Edited ] Previously Know As 'Adoration' Book One In The Russo Series "So fucking tight" he praised backing up looking at my body as he thumbs m...
88.4K 1.8K 37
"You piece of shit!" I sobbed, pulling on the chain connecting my leg to the bedpost. "You lied to me, Enzo...I trusted you!" Enzo took a few steps...
1.2M 22K 46
๐•๐€๐‹๐„๐‘๐ˆ๐€ ๐…๐€๐˜๐„ ๐’๐€๐๐“๐ˆ๐€๐†๐Ž was a very happy girl. When she was little her and her bestfriend would do everything together until somethi...
471K 16.6K 77
The Russian mafia princess and the Italian mafia king. It's a wise old mafia tale: they are each other's biggest competitor, but the heart doesn't se...