The Biggest Twist Of All (Aff...

Oleh wreckitquupid

Sometimes I ask myself why we were made to believe we were ever meant to last. To simply start anew and forge... Lebih Banyak

Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 7
Episode 8
Episode 9
Episode 10
Episode 11
Episode 12
Episode 13
Episode 14
Episode 15

Episode 6

66 3 1
Oleh wreckitquupid

The Story Begins Here...

...

Awakening from the bird's skittish chirps was a young warrior resting in his cabin. Silly cookie had forgotten to close their window after stargazing last night. At least, he was prepared for the later repercussions. His nose twitched at the smell of something rich and sweet, causing his eyes to gauge wide open.

"Caramel!" Ecstatically, he jumped. "She hasn't written to me in forever!" The bird chirped happily at his excitement, circling above him as he landed on his back. "Okay, okay, give it here!" He demanded, giggling at the impact the envelope had when it landed on his face.

Knocking on the door, one of his comrades called for his attention. After hearing him growl, they figured it was best to continue with the conversation. "Excuse me, captain, for the interruption, but your trainee for the day will be here very shortly. Just figured I'd remind you since you tend to oversleep."

"Uh-huh." He unenthusiastically thanked him. Even bothering to sit himself to better support his voice. "Yes, thanks for the reminder."

"Anytime, sir."

Swinging his legs to the side he looked at the closet door in front of him, contemplating if doing his job today was worth it. But, he knew he couldn't push back this appointment any further, or else it would forever stain his record. Defeatedly, he let his body sink to the floor, slowly making an effort to put his outfit on. The bird rested its legs it's on his hair, snuggling up against it as if it were its very own nest. "I wonder if she's feeling better now that she wrote to me again." While he was getting dressed, he thought to entertain the bird with some friendly conversation, similar to how he treats his hounds. The wolf-like cookie scurried across the room as he layered his robe over his shirt while being sure to tighten his black goreum to better achieve his look. After his back hit the windowsill, he opened up the window and kindly filled up the bird feeder as a sign of gratitude. Once the bird had completely left the top of his head, he then tried to bolt out of the room whilst putting on his left boot. "Meet me downstairs-kay!" After hearing a chirp of delight he shut the door closed on his way to the staircase. When suddenly, he got the implication he was forgetting something. "Almost left this." He nervously stated as he waltzed back into the room and picked up the letter from his bed.

"Good morning Crunchy Chip Cookie!" The same cookie from earlier waved as he saw him coming down the steps. "Hope you got enough rest."

"Morning!" The skilled tamer waved back, unnoticeably using the one that was holding the letter. "And, I hope the same for you too."

On his way out to the site, his eyes kept looking back at the letter. Practically being entrenched by the texture of the envelope and its sealed stamp. His comrades took notice of his odd behavior and thought to confront it eventually. But, soon remembered that his temperament was shorter than most cookies his age. Only so many chances of calling his name before he goes insane.

"Excuse me, Captain." The young cookie called.

If only everyone was aware of that rule, then nobody would have to cater to his attitude problems.

Eyes still locked on the envelope, he replied with a simple "Yeah"
to give off the impression he's just as focused.

"I was wondering when could training begin?" They asked him.

Groaning in annoyance, he brought his full attention towards his trainee. "How about we go in the woods?"

"Works for me."

Letting the cookie walk in front of him, he quickly brought his attention back to the envelope. When his fingertips were extremely close to touching the seal, the bird from before had returned to its "nest". Causing him to jump from its loud return. All that chirping quickly caught his trainee's attention who immediately turned back thanks to Crunchy's mean glare. "I don't have time for this." Knowing the walk was going to be a while, he finally put his stalling to rest and began ripping the envelope apart. His grin grew wider as he felt the rich, and fine paper graze against his fingertips. "Dear Crunchy Chip Cookie..."

...

I'd hate to start this letter with a sour attitude. Or, well in our case, a bitter one. But, I assure you, I have a good explanation for my silence. I've recently learned from speaking with the King that I'm experiencing difficulties with my grievances. Which, I can understand if you'd no longer accept that as an excuse. But, I'm not writing to you to pry or to force you to look past my mistakes. But, to remind you of how dearly you mean to me. And, the best way I can show it is by letting you in. Which, is quite hard for me to do so I ask that you be as patient with me as you can.

...

"Of course, I'll be patient with you!" Crunchy Chip strongly assured, slowly comprehending she wasn't present to hear him. "You're the best cookie I've ever met!"

The trainee looked back with a smile on their face. "Really?!"

"Not you."

"Oh."

...

Something tells me you're already reading this aloud. You've always had a wild spirit, but I can admit you got some of it from me. It excites me as I begin to fill my pages with emotion because you'll react to it with just as much passion. However, sometimes my feelings can't be expressed through ink. They need support from tone and feeling.

...

"So what you're saying is that you want to see me?!" He smiled yet again at the letter.

"Excuse me, Captain, we seem to be in the woods now." The trainee informed, patiently.

The tamer stomped his right foot against the ground and whined furiously. "I knew I should've relocated somewhere where the woods were farther." Rolling his eyes, he whistled a call to alert the hounds to come from hiding. "Ready?"

"You know it."

"Okay, I need you to run to that lake over there and back," Crunchy demanded as he pointed in that particular direction.

"But, that's nearly a mile."

"Please don't use math terms, I chose to tame cake hounds for a reason." He requested, tirelessly.

At the hounds appeared from the bushes, the trainee managed to get them all into the starting position. Leaving the lead tamer back to his letter. "Finally, some peace."

...

Yes, that means I'll be coming to see you soon. I managed to clear my schedule for the remainder of the month and will be arriving on the 20th of August. I'm sure you're curious about how. And to be honest, I'm not entirely sure myself but I'd be more than happy to still share my story with you.

I had a rough night, one rough enough to impact my temperature. One rough enough to impact my sleeping position. The grief was more invasive than ever, I barely returned to my original breathing pattern. I've questioned why I of all cookies had to deal with such a problem, but then I remember how dear I make every cookie to me. It starts to become pathetic after a while, and for that reason alone, makes me want to feel a lot less.

Walking outside her room, the watcher was well-dressed and prepared for the day. As for her mind, all it wanted to do was go back to sleep. To be shut off from all the noise seeping through the thousands, and thousands of thoughts in her mind. Every waking cookie at this time of day could very well assume she was awake just by how she moved. Her fast pace covered so much of her slowness to heal. Her calm expression hid so much of the pain residing on her lips. The bites remained out of sight just like cuts that decorated the inside of her skin. So, how dare you question the watcher's mood? Can't you see how content she is? Look at how focused she was on her breakfast this morning, her life is practically all put together. Just take a moment to breathe in the same air she does and your day will turn itself around. I dare you to work yourself to her figure if you plan on wooing any man. The eyes, all of the eyes, see what they want to see. And that is how the watcher wants the world to react to her. Someone with the same flood of jelly, but can never be bestowed with her rank. It's too much to bear for anyone, and if anyone would take on a burden for the good of the people, it would be her. Help isn't an option for her anymore, it's outside the box now. It is foreign of you to believe Caramel Arrow Cookie, the First Watcher of the Dark Cacao Kingdom, could ever plead for guidance.

First calling her name, the cashier calmly informed her of her total. "Miss Arrow." The watcher was so deep in thought, that her face appeared as if it lacked fluid. Quietly, was she mumbling something herself? Leaning over the counter, was he trying to indicate what she was saying? Failing to do so, he resulted to snapping his fingers at her.

The second she blinked her focus returned to her payment. Settling down the money, her eyes remained closed, allowing her hands to be her guide for leaving the shop. "If you ever feel seen just imagine a place where it's only you." She whispered to herself as she realized how close she was to the exit. Optimistically, she turned herself around and waved at the kind worker. "Have a good day, sir." That smile of hers filled his store with so much warmth. The second she left the shop, more customers entered it with that same amount of joy. Inevitably, her cheery smile morphed back into that still expression. The only thing able to capture her focus was her steps.
Right and left. Left and right. She, herself, was mesmerized at the sight of the cycle reversing itself on its own. Then all of a sudden, it came to a stop. "Oomph-".

...

Returning to the base, the trainee fell to the ground by tripping over their tie. "I'm back."

"That quickly?!" Crunchy Chip shouted in shock, tightly gripping the letter in his hands.

In between words, they panted repeatedly. "Well, I may have had some help." They casually lifted a leash in the air before spreading their body out on the ground.

Sighing at the situation, the tamer thought a break was probably justified. "I'll get back to you in a minute. Why not hydrate the cake hounds?"

"You couldn't have ordered me to do that when I was at the lake?"

"Not my fault you didn't take the pails with you." He shrugged and returned to his reading. Hearing them complain and moan about the task, he told them to quiet it down so he could focus. "I don't like my brothers to stay thirsty- so chop! Chop! Rookie!"

...

If only I had been more careful of where I was going I wouldn't have bumped into the Second Watcher. Not that he was a bad guy or anything. Well, you already know how he is but still wish I remained cautious.

"Wow! I almost forgot how dedicated you can be when you resume your training." Second Watcher pointed out. Paying close attention to the young woman's breathing technique as she perfects her stance.

Though he has been commenting on her ethics, she found no reason to entertain him this time. He had the key to the training course and all she needed was his "okay". Her purpose with him has exceeded itself. With her fingertips adjacent to the white line, her lower body positioned in the air, and her legs apart she feels ready for the test. After the hearing of his "go," she instantly propelled herself forward. Once she completed the first portion of her sprint, she used her leftover speed to doge the upcoming arrows coming out from the sides.

I become a different person when I enter the training grounds. I've been that way for nearly 10 years, and from the stories I've been told it doesn't seem like I changed. I advanced and began seeking challenges. But, my reaction to being tested still riles me up in ways I can't explain.

The watcher shot herself up from the ground to climb up the wall with her bare hands. It's been shown to everyone that she's completed this course hundreds of times. So many times, many newcomers believe she mainly comes here to show off. Which, she fully denies every chance she gets. Shortly after reaching the end of the course, her pants grew heavier and heavier. As she tried to pace through the burn, Second Watcher decided now would be a better time to talk to her.

"Something's up again I can tell." He stated.

She placed her hands on her hips as she tried facing him, worried about what he was about to say to her now. "Is that what you've gathered?"

"Oh, yes." Amusingly, he nodded. "And it's not your health for sure, your body is in good shape."

Already getting the idea of where this conversation was heading, she momentarily looked around the course for distractions.

"We need you back on these missions, Miss Arrow." He reminded her while placing a hand on her shoulder for moral support. "Not because you're the best watcher there is, but because you are needed. This role requires us to be here, even when we don't want to be."

It angered me that he believed I didn't want to show up. But, it wasn't like I didn't have a choice. I had many choices and I didn't choose either.

"The King adores you, Caramel. Adores you enough to let you be a free cookie. You can marry yourself off and travel the world or whatever your kids are into these days." He took a long deep sigh as he sat himself down on the bench. Giving her time to follow him there, but instead, she stood in front of him with open ears. "When I was your age, the thought of settling down offended me. And, I'd hate to spoil anything for you but it seems to offend you too."

Caramel Arrow nodded repeatedly at his analysis to showcase her respect. But, beyond that, she allowed her true colors to show. "I don't know what settling down will mean for me. If I'm lucky, I'll find out during a lesson. If I'm dishonorable, I'll find out at the nearing of death. And, if I'm able, I'll find out soon. But, none of that matters to me." He wasn't shocked by how blunt she was being. It made it all the more clear to him that she was speaking from the heart. "I gave up on the idea of love, anyway."

"Ah, you're just grieving." Second Watcher chuckled as he stood up from the bench. "We've all been there, but with enough time and patience were we able to accept it all again." He wrapped his arms around the dumbfounded watcher, never-minding her lack of reaction to his touch.

No, sir, I really meant it when I said that. I haven't loved anyone in a very long time. And, personally, I don't think anyone will love me for a very long time either. Because why would they? I do everything right.

Exiting the training area, Caramel brought it upon herself to walk around town one last time. It can be assumed she was originally trying to clear her head, but in reality, she wanted time for planning. She sat herself down on a bench by a playground. Many of them looked quite experienced at the obstacles placed in front of them. She smiled at the familiarity. The training started so young. It's surreal to stand outside of it and remind oneself of its original purpose.

"Ow!" As soon as the little cookie fell off the bars she stood up. Looking puzzled, she decided to wait and see if someone would notice them.

My reasoning for getting banished was even encouraged by a good deed. Though love comes in all forms,  I face many doubts anybody other than myself could handle it.

Merely a minute passed by and she already lent a hand. "Thank you so much." 

"It's not a problem." The watcher reassured. "Tell me, are you hurt anywhere?"

The kid hummed as they shook their head. "Are you hurt anywhere?"

"What makes you want to ask such a question?" Trying not to cause worry, she grew her smile wider, hoping it would help her with her case.

"Why else would you want to help me?" They wondered, not seeming to grasp the gravity of their confusion.

Feeling stumped, she found it harder to smile. Not just for the kid's sake, but for hers as well.

My selflessness makes my heart pound faster, and from what I know so far, it's about the only way it seems to function. I, unfortunately, never thought of a more comfortable system for those meaning to greet me.

"I umm..."

"Caramel Arrow Cookie!" Cube Choco called, standing idly at the entrance.

Her body shivered at the sound of her name being mentioned. "Seems like I'll be going now."

"Bye-bye."

On her way toward the entrance, she waved back at the kid and lifted her bag off the bench. Just as she exited the playground, the retainer resumed his walk. Trying to be respectful, she tried waiting until he was ready to speak. But, after a few moments of silence passed by, she figured the sooner she said something the better.

"If I'm not mistaken, it appears you are here to discuss my feelings about the flyer." The watcher suspected.

"Not just your feelings, but your thoughts behind them." He assured, turning his head to the side to get a glance at her expression. "I've gotten curious about you over the years. Nothing scary, just estimating how long you'll be prized for a profession such as this one."

I wasn't surprised I got pulled aside by the retainer again, today. Concerns like that are common among those who've been working in the same field since they were young. Something I've noticed since I started working in a place with so much power. It was obvious by the stares I'd first received, that I wasn't the ideal candidate anybody expected for a role much like mine. Though, times have changed. It's just that now, I'm expected to change along with it. Interesting mantra in the works at least.

"Figuring out what to do after will be something that'll be done when the time is right." She bluntly remarked.

"Are you implying that if something happens to you, you'll rethink your choices?" He questioned while completely stopping his movements. As she was about to answer that, he repeated his question. "All of them?"

Realizing his attention was to get under her skin, she calmed herself down before sharing her answer. "I've implied that many times before. Besides, life can be unpredictable. To believe I'm above any possibility is a disrespect to life itself."

Slight emotion was beginning to creep through his voice. "That's the point I'm trying to make First Watcher." The retainer slowly turned himself around, feeling quite defeated in his stance. "You've been through enough, and you accomplished enough. Nobody means to deny any of it. We just want to know if someone as kindhearted and noble as you can determine whether or not you've had enough."

My mask was falling, and it was my fault for allowing it to do so. But, something in me always encourages me that it's my job to keep my head held high. It's how I've become so straightforward over the years.

"I knew what I signed up for. Quite frankly, I knew before I was old enough to."

Sighing at the reality of her statement, he turned himself back around to continue walking. "Well, it's a good thing you're at the age where you can make choices for yourself. I just hope the ones you make are for the betterment of your health."

I saw no need to catch up to him. Neither of us had anything to say that we hadn't heard before. I could tell based on the tone he spoke to me.

...

Taking in the elements of her story, the tamer looked long and hard at his trainee playing with the hounds. The amount of fun they were having made him nostalgic for his early years. He started to feel nervous as soon as a question entered his head. Immediately, he wanted to ask it but was unsure of their reaction to it. Glancing back at the letter, he thought to himself it would be better to ask now than later.

"Hey, come over here!" Crunchy Chip ordered.

Appearing worried, his trainee was curious as to what he was going to say to them next. Much like their previous sessions, he would yell and complain. But, even they could tell the shift in his tone was different. Different than what they were exposed to. "Yes, captain?"

"I wanted to ask you a question, one I believed I deserved to be asked years ago."

"What is it?"

"Okay." Blowing some air out his mouth, he prepared himself to ask. "There's two. Do you know what I do for a living?"

"You tame cake hounds."

"That's not all I do." Nervously, he chuckled and looked back at the letter. "I also bodyguard for the King. I am his bodyguard."

"So, why aren't you with him?"

"Well, I was a lot less needed now that he got off his ass." He laughed, unexpectedly receiving one in return. Once they caught their breath, he continued his confession. "But, even as a working guard I still kept my interests. I take pride in investing my strength and my time into these wolves."

"They are quite the charmers, you've raised them well."

"Yes, and I will continue to do so." His body swayed side to side as he tried to articulate himself. Not yelling his thoughts and feelings was something he was still working on. "But, as much as I love doing it. I've realized I will always know how much work it takes. Working with three or four cream wolves needs to be equivalent to working with just one."

"I see."

"And, I can train someone to be the greatest tamer ever. But, I'm realizing this may not be all that you're meant to do." Crunchy Chip looked over at his brothers circling the two of them. "I never noticed how less of a cookie you're treated when you sign up for something."

"I don't quite understand what you're saying."

Biting his bottom lip, he tried again. "Look, I was never given this conversation. I didn't have time to contemplate or rethink my decisions. I had a passion and I followed it. But, due to the way I was trained I went through practices that required sacrifice." He looked at the letter one last time for support. He knew what he wanted to say and all he had to do was say it. "My friend, the one who wrote me this letter, also went through a few sacrifices. I ridiculed her for them time after time and I realize I'm no different from her."

"Are you asking me about my commitment to taming cream wolves?" They wondered, smiling at the consideration the captain had for them.

"In shorter terms, yes." He nodded. "I just thought to give you something to think about as you foresee your future."

"My father raised me to not be in a rush to accomplish things in multiples." They assured him. "But, if the time comes and I do so anyway, that's just how my life was planned from the start."

Crunchy Chip loathed that perspective. Though he wasn't the most literate cookie out there, he appreciated the sentiment behind those words. "So, just checking in with you here, but, you want to tame cream wolves?"

"Yes!"

"And, you'll do whatever it takes to learn how to do so. Both, effectively and efficiently?"

"Absolutely."

"And..." Slightly pausing for dramatic effect. "You'll forgive me and accept me as your trainer."

"Of course!"

"Good." The tamer smiled. "And I promise to be more present. Just not now though I have a letter to read."

"I figured." The trainee complied and quickly started petting the wolves.

"Alright, you are responsible for taking them home safely." He ordered, hearing a multitude of whines coming from them. "I don't care, you guys should know the system by now."

Once there was enough distance between him and the wolves, he resumed his reading. Feeling more refreshed than before now that he processed a few things.

...

Over time I had contemplated on his words. They stuck with me longer than I expected they would, which isn't meant to be an insult to his intellect, but I was still surprised nonetheless. And to make matters worse, I was re-inspecting the flyer even hours after I entered my room.

"Begins August 29th." Caramel took a gander of the calendar plastered on her wall. "Today is the 16th of August for about..." Leaning her body forward, she twisted her upper body and took a look at the clock behind her. "...3 more hours."

I was given more than enough to think about, and that first night I felt as if I'd surpassed my limit.

...

Hearing the crunches of snow and feeling the frigid breeze, the ganshin awoke to a surprise reunion. "You're late."

The magic cookie groaned, irritably. "And, what'd you do-sleep all day?"

Affogato dug his nails deeper into his arms. "Did you manage to find any food?"

"Well, I'm glad you asked." Licorice Cookie gloated as he brought his supply to the fire. "Found enough for three cookies, isn't that nice?"

"Very." Unamused by his joke, he picked up a note on the ground and silently began reading it.

The mudang cookie scoffed at the distance he was causing between them. "You've been staring at that note all day."

"I have, indeed. What seems to be the problem?"

"It's just that if you're holding something in, you no longer need to be shy." Pomegranate Cookie instantly changed her tone. Hoping to continue her cosplay of what a caring cookie looks like. "We're your friends and soon-to-be royal counterparts. Can't you find it in yourself to open up just a little more?" Her hand returned to its original placement as a way of sheltering them from her devious smile.

"If you're still upset about this morning, I assure you we've all moved on from it." He slowly tilted his head against the tree as he looked at her. "But if you need somebody to vent to, I'll be more than happy to listen to your troubles."

Licorice and Poison Mushroom Cookie could tell that her top was blowing off. With the day she'd had, she didn't have any more capacity left to ignore his wits. "Excuse me for wanting to stick to the plan."

"The plan died and you're still sticking to it, you're a little slow, huh?" Somehow, Affogato was able to combat her anger with his sass. Not that it would've been difficult, but his guard was 100% stronger than it was a month ago.

"Need I remind you we are at your birthplace." The mudang cookie snickered. "More lip out of you and you'll be behind bars."

"A prison isn't a prison without a cell full of inmates." The ganshin bit back, still appearing unamused to the conversation at hand. "It would be my pleasure to accompany you and the man in rags over there. Poor little Mushroom having to live through it all." Hearing her gasp, he knew he had her where he wanted her. "It would be the story of the century." Quickly, Licorice covered Poison's ears. "Imagine the amount of darkness that would consume them when their only family is wiped off the face of the Earth." The more he taunted her, the more steps Pomegranate took towards him. In defense of his space, his tone grew louder and louder, sneaking in a smile or two as he watched her calm demeanor unfold. "They'll be the new face of all that we did. Every crime, every theft, every-" Attempting to cut him off, she tried slapping him in the face. And to her surprise, she failed. Her left wrist was caught with his right hand. "Death."

"Affogato! You unhand her immediately!" Licorice demanded.

"Yeah, let her go." Poison Mushroom whined.

"This isn't personal, you know." She told him.

"Seems personal enough to me for you to try and imprint on my face, dear."

Scoffing at that nickname, she feared she made a bad move there. "I just can't spend any more time here. You told us two days ago that one of these mornings we'll catch her sneaking out." Struggling, she tried escaping from his hold. He pitied her so much that he saw no use in toying with her hand anymore. "Two days, Affogato, two days and she's not here.

"You're right." He stood up and grabbed onto his staff.

"I think we need a new plan."

"Mhm." The ganshin hummed. "Disciple 1. Disciple 2."

"Yes, sire?" The two cookies sang. Loudly yet humbly exiting the bushes for their grand entrance.

"Please inform me of Caramel Arrow Cookie's day." He ordered, smirking at the shocked faces of his comrades.

"Caramel Arrow Cookie first started her day with a single date at a restaurant." Disciple 1 answered.

Still noticing their surprised faces, he let out a cackle. "What? You didn't think I was going to let us stay here without a backup plan, did you?"

"Hmm." Pomegranate hummed in embarrassment, unsure of how to respond to that question.

"Carry on."

"Then, she met up with the Second Watcher for training." Disciple 2 added.

"Okay, just tell us where she is currently!" The magic cookie demanded.

"Back at the palace."

"Figures." Licorice crossed his arms and sat back down at the fire.

"Well, it is late." Affogato reminded them. "If she were to leave at this hour, it surely wouldn't be on foot."

"Good to know where she is but how long are we supposed to stay here?" The mudang cookie questioned, sitting herself down on one of the logs.

"Well, the sea is up north isn't it?"

"But we just came from there!"

"Northeast, Licorice, we came from the northeast." She whined as she dragged her fingers down her face, pulling on her eye-bags to better showcase her impatience.

"And how big of a difference is that?" He smirked after throwing a handful of snow at her.

Instantly, she growled and returned the same treatment. "Too big of a difference for your stupid brain to understand!"

"Ow! That hurt!"

"Conflict is so draining." The ganshin muttered to himself as he started walking away.

"It was supposed to, dumbass!"

Unable to withstand their immaturity, Poison Mushroom themself found no safety in their heated environment. Quickly, they followed the young man in hopes of not having to hear any more yelling.

"If I ever turn myself in promise to say my charge was from escaping two annoying bastards, alright?"

"Shroomy?" The little cookie lifted their arm with a shroom in their hand. Staying in their innocent little bubble for the remainder of the night.

...

Dazed and tired out, the watcher found herself stuck at the edge of her bed. "August 17th." After reading the calendar presented on her wall, she continued repeating the date to herself. She wasn't fully sure of her intention while doing this, but it managed to follow her as she began her morning routine.

It's not often that I psych myself out of thinking, but it's times like this where I wish I could by choice.

Returning back to her room, she took a look at her space. It was clean but also empty. It was organized but still dysfunctional.

I can't quite put my finger on what exactly woke me up. But, whatever it was, surely did the trick. It's hard to explain, really. It was like my body was moving without my help.

Caramel Arrow grabbed ahold of the clothes that were placed inside the drawers. Similar to her main outfit, but more appropriate for those outside the field.

It's actually what got me to think of you, Crunchy Chip Cookie. Acting on the idea rather than looking deep into it. If it wasn't for that, I don't think I would've written to you. And, that's what I love about our friendship. The little things bring us closer.

All of her clothes were neatly tucked away in her duffle bag, preferably her pajamas at the bottom and her day clothes on top. Sitting back on the floor she had taken notice there wasn't much to pack. Though she was packing in advance, she wasn't entirely sure what the camp was for. Her head had turned over to her desk, where her shopping bag from yesterday was sitting. Using her knees as support, she leaned her body forward and grabbed onto the handles to pull it towards her. Retracting the item inside, she smiled as she grazed her hand against the cold and rubbish texture.

What made me even more excited to see you was the thought of jotting down new stories. I've never had a proper journal or diary to keep me in remembrance of happy memories. Just loose paper and a tool to write with. I was considered lucky if I kept any of them. Well, you know. You used to be there all the time.

Caramel layered the book on the top of her clothes before zipping her bag closed.  "I need to see Second Watcher again for some arrows."

Just four days ago, I found myself spiraling into my bedroom. I shot so many arrows it made my room look almost finished. The reason for why was sorrowful at best.

The watcher strategically positioned the bag over her waist, as it was supported by the opposing shoulder. Exiting the room, she began to feel nostalgic.

One night I was alone, and another I wasn't. Waking up felt foreign to me, especially when someone else was around. Someone so rambunctious and clever, but also someone who remembers to be thoughtful and kind. I, unfortunately, can't say I know her very well. Even after a second time in meeting, she appears so new. But, according to her story, she's always on the run. Many are lucky enough to catch a glimpse of her, whereas I was able to see her in full view. Although, it may seem like something to gloat about. I wasn't the first nor the second to experience such an encounter from her. But, there is some cookie out there, some cookie who knows her just as little as I do. And that fact alone is what pushes them to find out more.

"I should probably talk to the King first." She reminded herself as she nearly passed by his office. Taking a few steps back she noticed the door was cracked a few inches. Through the small opening, she took notice of how empty it was.

As she was close to entering her way inside, someone came from behind her to start a conversation. "Change of heart, First Watcher?"

Spooked by his presence, she released her hand off the doorknob. "I wasn't going in there I swear I-" Before she was able to finish her sentence, the retainer opened the door completely. They were both met with an empty cold office. "Where is he?"

"Washroom."

"Do you know when he'll get out?"

"In enough time I'm sure."

Looking down, she tugged harshly on the strap as she took a step back from the door.

Watching her look all embarrassed, he figured now would be a good time to bring up the topic. "I knew you would make the right choice."

"This is the right choice?" She asked, immediately receiving a nod.

"You tell me." And out of thin air, he took out an envelope and shoved it against her chest.

"Oh! I shouldn't receive anything until I-"

Though he was walking off, he could tell she was panicking inside. She's never made a move behind the King's back before, at least for her own sake. "- You got approval from the King. I already have it taken care of."

Nervously, she smiled as she watched him walk away. "Have a good week!"

"You do the same, First Watcher. You do the same."

It's an honor to be surrounded by people who remind you of their faith in you. Without it, you start to question how far you were meant to go. But, with it, you understand the destination can be limitless. Bidding my farewells was hard. I knew how deeply they'd missed me even though I was in the palace for a couple of months. The rare times I would go out would be the times when I had to deal with the eyes on me. It does warm my heart knowing I've made an impact. I just hope my impact doesn't encourage anyone to be reckless.

"Leaving so soon?" Second Watcher let out a small chuckle as he noticed the huddle around her.

"Well, the private carriages only run on Wednesdays." She responded quite bluntly to him.

"So, what you're saying is-my words touched you?" He joked, watching her roll her eyes as she held out onto the arrows given to her.

"I'll be back in a month...hopefully..." Caramel tried to avoid eye contact as she muttered that last part.

"HOPEFULLY?!" The watchers cried, including Second Watcher who was the least surprised by her statement.

"B-But you can't just leave?!" Sugary Watcher whined.

Swiftly did the Cautious Watcher take hold of her bag as the others tried to convince her to leave.

"And he can't just take my bag!" She grunted.

It was cute to see her try and reach the bag from up high. Even though she was taller than most of the other watchers, she still couldn't surpass his. "Don't you remember what happened last time you left the Kingdom?"

"You say that...as if...I had a choice."

"But, you do now." Bittersweet Watcher kindly told her. "You're one of our greatest and most memorable watchers in our class! You shouldn't have had to make this decision overnight."

Even looking on the brighter side of things, she wasn't sure how to look at this situation from any perspective that wasn't her own. But, the more she listened to her words, the more at home she felt.

There was a part of me that made me want to turn back.

"Well, I suppose you make a good point. I just-" Catching her off guard, Swift Watcher swiped the arrows out of her hands.

"Yay! She's staying!" Sugary Watcher cheered.

Just for a little while.

"No, I'm not!" She yelled, preparing to pounce on him.

"Hey, catch this!" Cautious Watcher shouted before throwing it in the air.

"I'll get it!" Bittersweet Watcher laughed as she lifted her hands into an open position.

Just as she missed him, she looked up and saw her bag being tossed above her. "Seriously?!" It was hard for her not to laugh at it as she resumed chasing him.

It was a blessing to receive that wish so soon.

"Here! Take this!" Bittersweet playfully ordered to Swift while passing it to him.

"On it!" Turning his body around, he saw how close she was to catching him. Smiling, he threw the arrows in the air to prepare himself for the catch. "Cautious!"

"Alright!"

All of my fellow comrades deserved to be there for my leave.

So many directions that she had to keep up with but something in her told her to keep trying. She was in absolute awe of their teamwork, even though the only time it was used effectively was against her. Every time she redirected her route, they made sure to be one step ahead of her. If they had to be chased down, they would. If they had to trick her into going in a different direction, they would. Playfully, were they dedicated to making her stay. They all loved how big her smile was when they taunted her all at once. They refused to see the end of it. After enough time passed, they agreed to take her out to eat, mainly Second Watcher's treat. All summer she missed out on their collective meals. And, this time, she felt confident in attending.

"Man, I haven't had a meal like that in ages," Swift mentioned.

"Tell me about it." Cautious rubbed his stomach in agreement.

"It was quite the treat," Caramel stated, looking off into the distance.

"Don't tell me you're full of the little you had." Bittersweet joked as she took notice of her weight.

Sugary rested his arm over both of their shoulders, "Yeah I never thought I'd see you eat bite-sized portions."

"It was a rationally balanced meal."

"It wasn't so rationally balanced the last time we ate together." Swift declared, purposefully mocking the description she used.

"I'll never forget that day we saved our kingdom." Second Watcher chuckled. "The celebration we had after was the best we had in years."

"I would've enjoyed it more if we put Affogato in a cell that day, but defeating licorice monsters was nice too," Swift confessed, hearing a few hums in agreement.

Her eyes momentarily widen at the hearing of his name. As she cried before, it's like everybody is over it but her. Luckily, nobody noticed her discomfort with it. As the group continued their walk with her, they agreed to drop her off at one of the hotels. She told them about Chili Pepper and thought it would be right for her to be the last cookie she'd say goodbye to. They all understood the risks it took for them to stop the monsters and Affogato's henchmen, they couldn't imagine what it was like to face him directly.

"Alright, it seems we're finally here." Second Watcher pointed out.

As she made her way inside, she felt a hand placed on her shoulder. "We'll be down by the entrance to see you leave." Sugary Watcher assured her.

"All that for a month, huh?" She turned around, still managing to smile at him.

"It's not your fault that you're important to those you choose to protect, Caramel." As soon as he felt her hand release from his, he returned his hand to his sides. "Take care."

"I will."

Making her way inside, she took notice of how busy the place was. But, since the renovation, plenty of tourists have come to visit. Many are attempting to make deals with the King to implement more modern facilities. 

The second she tried to speak to the lady at the counter, she heard her name being called. "Who?"

"Caramel, is that you?" After hearing the second call, she peered her vision to the right side of the lobby. Taking notice of the eye contact, she slowly tried walking to her. "Thought so, you look kinda funny."

"And, you seem to be..." The watcher watched her try and get closer to her. And for a few seconds, she was doing great, until she tripped over herself, which thankfully ended shortly due to her being caught. "...a little wobbly."

Using the watcher as support, Chili Pepper tried to stand up straight. "Okay, that's a bit better." Resting her hands on her hips, her body leaned and started leaning back on its own. "Never mind."

The lady at the counter sucked her teeth at the sight of her collapse, then looked at Caramel Arrow assuming she was responsible for her. "Room 0121."

The watcher faked a quick smile, mouthing a before looking back at the thief. "Thank you."

...

Coming up the stairs, the watcher was carrying the thief up to her room. While also trying to carry her bags along with her in one trip.

"Are you sure you want to carry me up there?" Chili wondered, sounding embarrassed that she even had to ask.

"Of course." The watcher faked a laugh as a distraction from the pain she was feeling from all that weight she was carrying. "I have plenty of time to kill."

Carefully, the thief readjusted her footing. Making sure her feet were no longer being dragged up the steps, but instead standing on top of them. "I just don't understand why you'd waste it on me."

"It wouldn't be a waste for someone like you."

"You seem so sure."

Caramel hummed, wishing that could be true. "I'm not all the time. Plus, it might get boring if it's always that way."

"Whatever." Chili Pepper groaned as she allowed her body to lean back again.

Before both of her feet had the chance of falling off a step, one of her hands was caught by a fellow watcher. As she was pulled forward, her body was layered over her back yet again.

"Just a few more steps."

"Caramel." The thief softly called.

"Yes?"

Her breath l began to shake slightly the more she tried to mouth the words she wanted to say. "Do you think...it's possible...for somebody like me to live a normal life?" At the last step, the watcher stopped herself completely. Assuming it was about her, she felt as if she had to defend it. "That's what this whole situation I have here...is about."

"Is that so?" She wasn't fully convinced that was the real reason. "I thought I would be more than that."

Pushing herself off, Chili started walking toward her suite. "It is."

Feeling some of her strength returning, Caramel had followed her inside. She was shocked to see how spacious and clean it was.

"Beautiful isn't it?"

"Very." The latter cookie smiled as she looked over at her, watching her smile fade in action, thus causing hers to do the same.

"This is why I asked." She confessed, sighing at the realization painting on the watcher's face. Her hands comforted the opposing arm, each rubbing against it with her thumbs the more she felt tense. "This is why my mental is so fucked." Forcing a laugh out of her pain, she sat herself down on the floor.

Caramel noticed the amount of bottles stationed on the table in front of her. Multiple of them were empty and a select few remained half-full. Internally, she couldn't stand for this mess but she didn't want to be rude during her first visit.

"Being lost for so long makes you confront the questions you never wanted answered." The thief briefly explained. "And though you consider yourself saved once you're in a better place, deep down you know will never forget what that felt like. To have no sense of direction. To have no home to go to. To no longer have the version of yourself that got you into this mess."

The watcher noticed her hand slowly make its way towards the nearest bottle, as she tried to stop her, both of their hands were placed on there. Surprisingly, Chili didn't fight to retrieve what was already hers.

I know what it's like to use what you have around you as a crutch to get by. I've seen others, those I specifically care about do the same thing as well. And, in our society, we are quick to judge them for drowning. But, maybe, some people just don't want to be baited back to the surface.

She took a long deep-rooted sigh before letting go of the bottle, soon after she did so, she picked up the trashcan and brought it over to the table.

I saw the way she looked at me, and I saw the way she looked at that bottle. It didn't seem like she wanted to use it initially but became muscle memory.

Shoving the bottles into the trashcan, Caramel thought to finally express her answer. "A normal life." She said, feeling a pair of eyes leech onto her. "I believe it's achievable for you. You've earned your share of respect."

"That's the thing." Chili coughed, feeling the liquid enter the wrong pipe. Her excitement about her answer is what caused her delay in responding. "I've proved to myself time and time that I can be redeemable. Or even worthy of the same praise you get."

Placing the trashcan to the side, the watcher refocused on the cookie in front of her.

"And it always made me wonder." Her hand briefly swept past her nose as she sniffed. Her head turned slightly to the right as she felt herself starting to break down. Once she realized she couldn't fight it, she looked back at Caramel for support. "Could I have always been that way?"

"Depends." The watcher positioned herself on all fours to get herself closer to her.

Seeing her get closer, the thief scooted back immediately. "Oh-I don't really do hugs."

"That's okay." She reassured as she sat herself back up on her knees. "I just thought that since I'm leaving soon, now would be the time to give you one rather than later."

Her body language changed entirely after hearing that. Not even giving the watcher a chance to think, the thief wrapped her arms around her. "You're leaving?"

Slowly, she placed her hands over her back, hoping it wouldn't bug her. "Yeah, you told me to talk to you about it first before I-"

"Wait." Suddenly, Chili felt uneasy listening to this half of the conversation. "I think I need to..." Shoving her off, the thief instantly ran toward the trashcan. 

"Is everything alright?" Caramel asked, contemplating whether or not she should return to her side or leave her alone.

"Don't mind me." As she was throwing up, she still tried to reassure her. "Continue with what you were trying to say."

"You told me to inform you if I ever came to a good decision."

"That being...?"

"The camp."

Taking a pause, Chili removed herself from the trashcan. Her body leaned back once more, causing her to lay flat on her back. "I see."

"But that's not all." Sensing her fear within her decision, she thought to uncover the real reason behind it. "My true reason for going is to find Dark Choco Cookie."

"Didn't he like-run away?"

"Yes, but he came back!"

Chili Pepper was in so much disbelief she lifted herself from the floor. She wasn't planning on voicing her opinion but she was planning on listening, either way, it was filling in the silence.

Shortly after taking out her book, she set it down on the table as well as her pen. "You mind if I stay here until it's time for me to leave?"

Her arms rested over her knees as she responded. "I could use the company." In the course of her next statement, she leaned her body forward and rested her elbows against her side of the table. "And some entertainment...what are you working on?"

Ripping a page out from her book, she placed it over the front cover before writing. "Finishing up a letter for someone."

"Who is it this time?" She joked, watching her roll her eyes and smile at her comment.

"Crunchy Chip Cookie." Her voice went soft as she said his name. The way it rolled off the tongue was comforting to her.

"Have no idea who that is."

"In simple terms, he's like a brother to me." She explained, solemnly. "Me and Affogato spent our formative years babysitting him."

"You said his name." Chili pointed out, proudly.

"It's worth saying in this case." Caramel sighed. "But, just to not stray away from the topic, he's important to me. Yet, I forgot to convey that to him. I've been so distant from him since I informed him about the betrayal."

"Hmm. And, I'm assuming that was months ago."

As she mouthed a small "yeah" she nodded and nervously grazed her hand against her shoulder.

"Well, at least you can still write to him."

Catching on to what she was referencing, she started looking at her situation from a different perspective. "You must miss them, dearly."

"No not them." She deflected, shaking her head as she did so. "I mean, I do miss those little pipsqueaks. But, even when I was with all of them, all they managed to do was remind me of him." Her hands tightened around her left knee, hoping the harder she clung onto it the harder it would be to break down.

"Him?"

"My brother."

Caramel Arrow was speechless. Had she known of that sooner, she wouldn't have mentioned Crunchy Chip at all. But, that isn't fair. Nobody can choose their burdens, and for all the drama she's made her consume, it's only fair she at least listens to hers. "Is he...?"

"He's fine, and before you ask, yes I know where he lives." Chili Pepper rested her head on the table and used her arms as a pillow. "I just don't know how to return to him after all these years."

"I'm sure he would forgive you once you explain what you had to deal with."

The thief let out a small laugh. "I wish my optimism got me as far as yours did."

"I'm sorry?"

"Nothing, nothing! It's just the thought of knowing that once you're out there, you'll still find a way to look on the brighter side of things."

"Oh, well you don't have to put it that way." Caramel smiled, ignoring the fact that she couldn't see it. "I'll be safe, and to prove it to you I'll be back in a month."

Chili Pepper hummed at those words, slightly moving her head a little. "You know, there's a chance I may not be here when you get back. All I need is a ride or a map to get me out of here. I'm just choosing to settle to get rid of this alone feeling."

"I understand, I'll wish you safe travels."

"Caramel." She called one last time.

"Hm?"

"Does anybody else know about this?"

"Only you, I made sure that you would be the only one who knows the truth." The watcher reassured.

"I'm pleased to know you're a strategist."

"Well, I have the perfect plan." Confidently, she thought to further explain it. "First I'll enter the carriage ride which will then take me to Crunchy Chip's base. I need to stay at his base long enough to catch the carriage ride to the camp, which is along the Icy Ridge Mountains. And then-"

As she was informing her of her plan, the thief was fast asleep.

It was hard knowing I had to leave behind what could've been a great friendship. The timing can be seen as unruly, but, something tells me she came back at a good time. I needed support, more than I'd like to admit. But, I know I'll be okay. And, so will she.

The watcher looked up at the clock and saw that she had about two hours left until she had to catch her ride. Immediately, she returned to her letter, brainstorming on how to condense her day into a single piece.

...

"Another day is being lost." Pomegranate Cookie complained, trying to stay as close to the group as possible.

Rolling his eyes, Affogato replied, sounding just as annoyed. "I never said my plan would be immediate." 

"You also never said it would take ages." Licorice rebutted.

"Well, obviously if I did, we would've never gone through with it."

"Well, I'm tired of walking, I say we stop here for the night." The mudang cookie huffed and walked toward a tree to rest against.

"Mhm." Poison Mushroom nodded and sat next to her for warmth.

"Not that I want to admit it, but I'd rather camp here than continue walking." The magic cookie confessed and sat himself down against the tree on the other side of the path.

"Fine by me." The ganshin cookie shrugged off as he walked along the path ahead. "Alert me if anything."

...

"So that's how Caramel decided to write to me." Crunchy Chip couldn't control his expressiveness, and everyone but him seemed to have noticed.

"You've been reading that nonstop." One of his comrades pointed out.

"Yeah, you're over here gushing at everything she said in there." One of his other comrades joined in, encouraging everyone else in the room to laugh at his comment.

The strong warrior rolled his eyes and shook his head through the disrespect. "You would all be doing the same thing if the First Watcher of the Dark Cacao Kingdom wrote to any of you."

"Maybe I'll suggest it to her if you know what I mean." One of the older yet wiser of his comrades smirked back at him.

"Like, I'll marry my sister off to any of you creeps."

"Maybe she's into creeps, she was awfully close to that Affogato guy."

His eyes widened at that statement, taking it in as an attack. His immediate reaction was to deny it, "They weren't...that close."

"I don't know, Captain, there's been many rumors of them you know..." The cookie speaking gulped at the sight of Crunchy Chip's mean glare, his face made it clear he wanted to pulverize him with his fist. "... never mind."

Returning to his corner of the room, he grabbed his letter and walked himself outside. The second he sat down on the steps, the same bird from earlier flew next to him. "Those guys don't make good conversationalists." The bird chirped in agreement. "Yeah, but at least they're good tamers as well as fighters." Digging into his pocket, he found some leftover seeds and placed some in front of it. "I'm almost finished with the letter now, you want me to read it to you? We're at the part where she takes off." After receiving a nod, he positioned the page so the bird could see the words too. "It saddened me seeing those faces as I entered the carriage..."

...

Nothing could've prepared me for all of their support. However, I felt a wave of guilt knowing how left behind they may feel. Luckily, the feeling of nostalgia helped me get through that fear.

Soon after entering the cart, the watcher peeked her head out the window to wave goodbye. Once she was far enough, she sat herself back down and sighed knowing her plan was now in motion.

I will say that as relaxed as I was, I couldn't help but look around and observe the setting.

"I never realized how small this carriage was when we were all in here," Caramel whispered to herself, touching the seats, instantly remembering where everybody sat.

I remember when the three of us took a trip together. I sat in the middle, you sat closest to the window, and Affogato sat closer to the door. Both of you used to argue so much, we had to be assigned these seats.

Pulling out her book, she looked over at the signatures signed by her teammates, awning and laughing at the ridiculous things they put by their names. When the letter slipped out, she was reminded that it still needed to be finished. "I just have to write in a few more sentences."

...

"Affogato!" Disciples 1 and 2 called from the bushes as he was met with curious faces from the others.

"He's not here." Licorice yawned as he stretched his arms and legs out.

"He thought to continue along with the trail, intentionally, I hope," Pomegranate informed. "He seemed to have a lot on his mind since we went into hiding, here."

Disciple 1 and Disciple 2 looked at each other before allowing one of them to speak. "Well, I guess you should know instead of him."

"What's going on, tell me at once." The mudang cookie ordered, towering over them as she did so.

Disciple 2 spoke up, "The girl! She's in the carriage ride as we speak! On her way to Tamer's Den."

"Really?" She cooed. "Licorice, once you see her begin the infiltration."

"I'll aim for the driver." He nodded before distancing himself away from the group.

"Good. Poison, I'll leave you to tamper with the horse."

"Okay." Poison Mushroom sang as they took out some shrooms from behind.

"You two, come with me to catch up to Affogato!"

...

A half hour into the drive she found herself struggling to end the last segment of the letter. She'd hate to repeat herself but she was running out of time, and her best course of action was to write whatever came to mind.

Crunchy Chip Cookie, I know my silence has been overwhelming.

"AH!" A muffled scream escaped the driver as he was bound to his seat. The mage sat in front of him and took control of the horse, attempting to increase the speed,

Feeling the rush, the watcher's body hit against the door side of the carriage, but her focus was still on the letter.

It must've felt awful not to hear from me for so long.

Caramel stood up from the floor and peeked her head from the window. Sticking out her hand, she whistled out a call in hopes of a bird hearing. Looking below her, she noticed a trail of purple-lit-up mushrooms along the path. "What are those things?"

I know how it feels.
I've known how it felt.

...

"Great, I lost track of the trail." The ganshin cursed under his breath. "I shouldn't have been so absentminded."

From the distance, he could hear the steps of a horse.

"Who else is out there?!" Affogato yelled as he got his stance ready. "Come out immediately!" Seconds after he said that he heard a crash, actually, he heard multiple. Following the sound, he noticed the carriage riding down the hill, nearly hitting him on the way there.

"Whoops, sorry!" The loc'd cookie laughed.

Once the carriage passed him by, his nose twitched. "That scent, I know that scent."

His body nearly went into shock at the sight of the carriage hitting trees left and right. His hand immediately went up to his face to cover up his mouth. "No, she wouldn't be in there." Watching a sheet of paper fly off the side of the vehicle, he noticed it was the same flyer he saw around town. Instantly, he stepped back once it landed in front of him. "I don't believe it."

"Affogato!" Pomegranate yelled as she tried running toward him.

"The girl!" Disciple 1 shouted.

"She's in there!" Disciple 2 added.

Taking off his daxiushan, and releasing his staff from his old, that ganshin began running, intentionally leaving the others in the dust.

...

And I decided to ignore that feeling and project that same pain onto you.

Nearly tumbling from the hits, the watcher held tightly onto the bird as she continued writing her piece. "It's okay, it's okay. I promise I'll set you free once I finish."

"Uh oh!" Licorice giggled. "Looks like the poison is rising!" The mage pushed the driver off and jumped onto the horse. "Sorry, I couldn't help you reach your destination! But, a little detour doesn't harm anyone. Seeya!"

But I want you to always know how much you mean to me.

After departing from the carriage, he decided to catch up to the others, picking up Poison Mushroom on the way back. "Haha! High five!"

Even in situations where I'm not there to vocalize it.

The watcher found herself coughing as the purple smoke started filling up the backseat. The bird nervously danced on the top of her head as it noticed how immersed in it she was.

Because, nothing can tear us apart.

"The hell did you two do?!" The coffee cookie shouted as he met the other two halfway down the hill.

"Just some friendly infiltration, why?" Licorice innocently answered.

"You know that's just supposed to detour her not kill her, right?!" He shouted.

"My bad." The mage sarcastically apologized. "More importantly, how'd you get here so fast?"

"Well, we can't capture her if she's dead!"

"Oh, I guess I shouldn't have done step 3." He nervously laughed and looked at Poison Mushroom who also wasn't pleased with what he did.

"Wait, what's step three?"

"You'll see."

Not distance.
Not time.
Nothing...

Just as she finished her piece, she gently placed it in the envelope for the bird to take. "To the Tamer's Den, please!" After the bird kindly took the envelope, it tried to fly away with Caramel, tugging on the lower part of her sleeve. "I'll be fine, I promise. Just go! He needs that letter!"

Trying to hold on, she felt her body go weak. The upper half of her body was now over the edge of the window. Causing her to see little creatures tampering with the back wheels of the vehicle. "Shit!" Pushing herself back, she tried to open her bag of weapons.

I promise after today I'll never let my grief take me away from you.

Frantically, she took out her bow and arrow. Her body tensed the more she tried to crawl her way back to the window. Climbing up the wall, she used her leading hand as support. Once she made it up there, she looked down to see that they were gone.

Please let me make up for the loneliness I've made you feel.

Suddenly the carriage tilted over, leading her body to hit the door on the opposing side. The pound between the door and her head left her unconscious and defenseless.

I'll be at the Tamer's Den on Saturday.

Affogato was stunned at the amount of tumbles top and breakage he'd seen after the wheels were taken off. So stunned his movement came to a halt, breathing heavily at the chilled air hitting his skin.

Far off from the ganshin's sight, did the watcher and the carriage depart. Her body rolled down the hill, exposing her body to newfound scars and bruises.

And the second I get there, I won't ever leave your side.
It's funny, I could somehow see you talking to me through this letter.
Probably wondering if I dare to promise what I've written.

I'll always try to live up to my promises, Crunchy Chip Cookie.

Waking out of fright, her hands frantically searched for something to stop her from moving. And just as she hoped, she held onto a stick in the snow. "Phew." She coughed. Looking over she noticed she was at the edge of a cliff. Carefully, she tried to climb her way up, hoping the clumps of snow would assist her back up. But, her body was so worn out. And of course, more rumbling occurred.

No matter the odds.

...

"We wanted to tell you in time, but you were so far out we had to inform the others before you." Disciple 1 informed him, layering his daxiushan over his back to help him keep warm. The other disciple also handed him his staff, which he snatched out of their hands immediately.

"Should've stayed with the group." Pomegranate huffed.

"I wanted to be alone," Affogato told her. "It's fine though, as long as she's vulnerable and within reach, you'll be taking it from here."Unexpectedly a loud thud met their ears, which the coffee cookie recognized too well. "Licorice?" He called.

"Yes?"

"Did you know there was a cliff on the route?"

"Also, yes."

Gulping at his fast answer, he looked away from his peers. "I'll be on the lookout in the morning. I need more time to myself."

"You're not worried about her, are you?" The mudang cookie interrupted.

"I'd rather be the first to see her if you don't mind." The ganshin cookie replied, making sure his glare spoke for him as he walked away.

"I suppose you have my permission."

Licorice and Poison shared a look once they saw the solemn expression on Affogato's face as he walked past them. If they didn't know any better they would've assumed he felt almost guilty for what could've been her death.

The scarlet cookie giggled menacingly. "Now that the first part of our plan is finished, we should begin settling our next one into fruition."

"Yes ma'am."

...

Looking at the sky, the tamer laid down on the snow, counting the stars.  "Me and Caramel used to look at the stars together all the time." Crunchy Chip said to the little bird that was standing on his forehead. "I hope she is somewhere where she can see them."

...

Body twitching, and blood thickening, the watcher climbed out of the pummel of snow that fell on top of her. Once she was able to see her surroundings, she quickly turned her body over to her side, to hopefully land on her back. Her arms and hands were decorated with scratches. Her outfit was ripped and torn from the lower half, as well as her sleeves. Luckily, she was covered to still withstand the cold. As she successfully turned her body over, she looked up at the sky and continuously sniffed between breaths. Curiously, she brought her hand up to her face, letting it feel the stream of blood coming down her face. Instantly, she cried. Not from the pain, but mainly from the delay. She didn't want to disappoint Crunchy Chip again, but it seemed like her only option was to make it through.

"I'm so sorry." She repeated to herself until her body shut down completely.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

50.3K 1K 12
"𝐌𝐲 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭... 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐞." ࿇----࿇ |You are a Legendary Cookie who unfortunately suffe...
5.3K 146 7
Dark Cacao was on the verge of a war when he saw his son fight for the first time. Dark Cacao was on the verge of death when he saw his son fight for...
4.6K 154 12
Cover art is mine** The cookies who followed dark enchantress were suddenly able to cut their ties in a moment of truth, in a final decision to prove...
1.8K 56 7
During the midnight of Crispmas Eve, beings of Celestial and Devine origins show Wizard cookie the harsh truth of his actions after breaking the hear...